Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Glendale park or hillier

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    10 year government bond yields are about the same in Singapore and USA, at about 3%. if rental yield in the US is at 6%, how can singapore's rental yield at 2-3% be sustainable?

Definitely not. I am vested in properties too. I am just voicing my honest opinion. Those buying today and have bought in the last three years are all going to regret.
    Oh yea?
    I bought in 2009/10/11. Never regretted a bit.

Mas webiste shows, that 10 year bond rate is 1.66%. See https://secure.sgs.gov.sg/fdanet/Sgs...suePrices.aspx

CNBC shows that 10 bond rate in the US is 1.9%. See http://www.cnbc.com/id/15839203/site/14081545/

Long term mortgage rates are tied to government bond rates. thus, long term housing loan rates in the US and Singapore are about the same.

thus, there is no reason for Singaore's rental rate to be lower than that of the US, except for, of course, the housing bubble in Singapore.

when the bubble burst, you guys will laugh all the way to your grave.

Don't refute me by quoting the current housing loan rates, which are short term in nature and therefore have no meaning for long term investors.
    On that note, u should pack your bags now and F outta here back to your homeland. Why waste time on the net?

a friend of mine bought a bungalow for a cool $5 million recently. I really could not understand the purchase, other than to show off his wealth. it is dark and dank, and it even smells bad. I would not stay there even for one day.
    if u can afford, u'll stay, trust me.

I am. I am buying one in Seattle. US$500,000. 2,000 sqf in living space with a 10,000 sqf yard. we are paying cash. we will sell in due course.

to answer your question, if the rental yield is low, the assets has no value. I am not talking about cost alone. rental is a measure of value. if rental is lower, then the cost is to high. or bubble is brewing.
    I got a 5 ha ranch in Texas. Fully paid.

Default Re: Glendale park or hillier