Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glendale park or hillier

Hillier mainly bought by investors ... so is Bedok Residences ... and the upcoming Bukit Panjang Sim Lian's plot

MM or 1br the way to go for investment .... worried about rental later Can it be worse than 0.8% FD rate?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Unfortunately, the 40% downpayment is hefty. Anyone knows alternative method to pay just 20% downpayment? Assuming first unit bought with wife already, now thinking of 2nd unit if prices do correct.

Just to share... Businesses registered in overseas can also buy property in SGP but loan is 50% and affected by SSD. Only advantage is if want to run road, the foreign registered office can close down.

maybe that is the reason why some buyers are looking for quantum instead of PSF itself which indirectly inflate psf of smaller unit in some locations which are considered desirable?

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Unfortunately, the 40% downpayment is hefty. Anyone knows alternative method to pay just 20% downpayment? Assuming first unit bought with wife already, now thinking of 2nd unit if prices do correct.

Just to share... Businesses registered in overseas can also buy property in SGP but loan is 50% and affected by SSD. Only advantage is if want to run road, the foreign registered office can close down.

not affected by ABSD(CM5), one hurdle down for potential buyer like yourself...but previous CM in effect if there is outstanding loan in property u own now?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Hillier mainly bought by investors ... so is Bedok Residences ... and the upcoming Bukit Panjang Sim Lian's plot

MM or 1br the way to go for investment .... worried about rental later Can it be worse than 0.8% FD rate?
    that is just a silly argument!!! when you rent out your unit, you don't incur zero cost. there is property tax, depreciation (especially for a unit on a 99 year leasehold), wear and tear, and the effort to keep your tenants happy. to make it worthwhile, your rental yield has to be at least 4%, or even 5%. In Singapore, rental yield is oftentimes close to 2%. It is way too low.

We cannt go against the law.... maybe can risk wife run road with the apartment once u transfer the name to hers.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    that is just a silly argument!!! when you rent out your unit, you don't incur zero cost. there is property tax, depreciation (especially for a unit on a 99 year leasehold), wear and tear, and the effort to keep your tenants happy. to make it worthwhile, your rental yield has to be at least 4%, or even 5%. In Singapore, rental yield is oftentimes close to 2%. It is way too low.
    with 5% there is almost nothing that we can buy now.....the market speaks for itself.... it is quite dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    not necessary true ... .. size/conditions matter ..also comparing apple with orange Hillier is small units vs old freehold big units

and nowadays MM is a sure way of making $$

TREVISTA LORONG 3 TOA PAYOH Condominium 1 710,000 463 Strata 1,534psf Nov-11

8@WOODLEIGH WOODLEIGH CLOSE Condominium 1 585,000 398 Strata 1,469 Sep-11

KOVAN GRANDEUR TAMPINES ROAD Apartment 1 610,000 398 Strata 1,532 Nov-11

If the sellers are first owners ho say liao buy low sell high....

Actually browsing through the units available at Glendale, the layout not very good, many odd-shaped kitchens and balconies....did not like what I see in terms of the space and layout, or even views.....cheaper it may be, but to live long term is another thing....not sure about Hillier though, have not scrutinize.....

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    We cannt go against the law.... maybe can risk wife run road with the apartment once u transfer the name to hers.

another scenerio of joint names Maybe good is one of the parties is lao kok kok and the other one younger when taking huge loan and want it to be with long duration he he he

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Really? Probably applies to the type of tenants your estates will get where they destroy a lot of things and then disappear?

Gross yield 3%, net yield probably 2.4%. Still better than 0.5% interest from bank!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Really? Probably applies to the type of tenants your estates will get where they destroy a lot of things and then disappear?

Gross yield 3%, net yield probably 2.4%. Still better than 0.5% interest from bank!
    in the USA, rental yield is usually about 6%. based on that yardstick, singapore properties are 60% overvalued.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    another scenerio of joint names Maybe good is one of the parties is lao kok kok and the other one younger when taking huge loan and want it to be with long duration he he he
    I am thinking is it possible to buy under joint names (for loan purpose) and later transfer all property to the wife while the husband still paying installment?

And then the husband buy another property as a second property (as few property all transferred to wife liao). Will the husband kenna ABSD?

Any guru know is this possible?

in the USA, rental yield is usually about 6%. based on that yardstick, singapore properties are 60% overvalued.
    maybe as we are just a small dot.

I am thinking is it possible to buy under joint names (for loan purpose) and later transfer all property to the wife while the husband still paying installment?

And then the husband buy another property as a second property (as few property all transferred to wife liao). Will the husband kenna ABSD?

I thought it will be less complicated if properties are already fully paid without loan than the ownership will be more easy to manage...

what is the quantum? a 6% yield of a low value property is not reflective of the gain that will be rewarding unless you have multiple properties. I am not arguing that a low yield for high valued property is any better, but in Spore, people look beyond rental alone, the potential capital gain is a consideration depending on the cyclical market.

e.g. if the value of property here is 100K, 6% yield is only 6K or 500 pm....
    At 1 mil, 2%, the yield is 20K or abt 1.8K pm...but btw 2009 and this yr, you could add on around 10% pa on capital gain for those who buy and sell....its not as simplistic as just looking at rental yield alone.

wats the actual ROI ???

boleh land aso can get 5-7% yield

tx name aso incur stamp duties wat.....

at most save puny bit.....but look vy troublesome

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    I thought it will be less complicated if properties are already fully paid without loan than the ownership will be more easy to manage...

Let say with loan of 40-50%? Anyone know is it possible?

I dont think it is a good idea to fully paid the property at the moment as we are in the low interest rate enviroment. If you do currency pairing can easily earn about 3-6% interest rate depending on your risk appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    what is the quantum? a 6% yield of a low value property is not reflective of the gain that will be rewarding unless you have multiple properties. I am not arguing that a low yield for high valued property is any better, but in Spore, people look beyond rental alone, the potential capital gain is a consideration depending on the cyclical market.

e.g. if the value of property here is 100K, 6% yield is only 6K or 500 pm....
    At 1 mil, 2%, the yield is 20K or abt 1.8K pm...but btw 2009 and this yr, you could add on around 10% pa on capital gain for those who buy and sell....its not as simplistic as just looking at rental yield alone.
    if there is no rental demand, where would the capital gain come from? without rental demand, properties are just a ponzi scheme, waiting for a bigger fool to take your units off your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tx name aso incur stamp duties wat.....

at most save puny bit.....but look vy troublesome
    10 year government bond yields are about the same in Singapore and USA, at about 3%. if rental yield in the US is at 6%, how can singapore's rental yield at 2-3% be sustainable?

Definitely not. I am vested in properties too. I am just voicing my honest opinion. Those buying today and have bought in the last three years are all going to regret.

Really? But you conveniently neglect to mention that mortgage rate in US usually fluctuates between 6% to 10% !!!
    If we net off the mortgage rates, no wonder Singapore is a better place to invest in properties BECAUSE net rental return - mortgage rate is usually positive (vs negative in USA)!
    US gross rental yield of 6% will become net rental yield of 3%!

Ai yo yo, why people always want to tell half-truth, part-truth, in order to mislead other people?
    When we see US got gross rental yield of 6%, better ask what is their mortgage rate first and also their potential capital appreciation, and other taxes first! US has 1 of the highest taxes in the world!
    Gross rental yield 6% in US will become net rental yield 3%!
    And don't forget, at the super low interest environment, their mortgage rate is still >4%!!!

10 year government bond yields are about the same in Singapore and USA, at about 3%. if rental yield in the US is at 6%, how can singapore's rental yield at 2-3% be sustainable?

Definitely not. I am vested in properties too. I am just voicing my honest opinion. Those buying today and have bought in the last three years are all going to regret.

Luckily i bot past few yrs....if not regret by now

for the reasons quoted and esepcially we are not so familiar with US, UK rules, better don't invest overseas mkt. stay put in singapore. more or less stable.

if there is no rental demand, where would the capital gain come from? without rental demand, properties are just a ponzi scheme, waiting for a bigger fool to take your units off your hands.
    ......not sure what you are focussing on...one minute its rental yield, another its ponzi.....do not digress....based on your argument about rental Yield which is skewed, and uninformed....unless you can quote source and in more substantial sample.....even then its has been noted about distorted numbers in the figures on caveats lodged......you can get 6 or even 10%, but if the property value is so low....you need to have multiple properties, in which case the cost of managing your many small value units will obviously be higher also.....capital gain is seen on a medium term to long term view....especially in view of SSD in sg. ....unless we are so pessimistic that in the next 10 to 20 years its gonna be downhill all the way....which is what Basic basically trying to convince everyone...are a Basic Convert?........one cannot look at US and Singapore without considering the finite availability of land......beside other economic factors....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Really? But you conveniently neglect to mention that mortgage rate in US usually fluctuates between 6% to 10% !!!
    If we net off the mortgage rates, no wonder Singapore is a better place to invest in properties BECAUSE net rental return - mortgage rate is usually positive (vs negative in USA)!
    US gross rental yield of 6% will become net rental yield of 3%!
    Mas webiste shows, that 10 year bond rate is 1.66%. See https://secure.sgs.gov.sg/fdanet/Sgs...suePrices.aspx

CNBC shows that 10 bond rate in the US is 1.9%. See http://www.cnbc.com/id/15839203/site/14081545/

Long term mortgage rates are tied to government bond rates. thus, long term housing loan rates in the US and Singapore are about the same.

thus, there is no reason for Singaore's rental rate to be lower than that of the US, except for, of course, the housing bubble in Singapore.

when the bubble burst, you guys will laugh all the way to your grave.

Don't refute me by quoting the current housing loan rates, which are short term in nature and therefore have no meaning for long term investors.

Mas webiste shows, that 10 year bond rate is 1.66%. See https://secure.sgs.gov.sg/fdanet/Sgs...suePrices.aspx

CNBC shows that 10 bond rate in the US is 1.9%. See http://www.cnbc.com/id/15839203/site/14081545/

Long term mortgage rates are tied to government bond rates. thus, long term housing loan rates in the US and Singapore are about the same.

thus, there is no reason for Singaore's rental rate to be lower than that of the US, except for, of course, the housing bubble in Singapore.

when the bubble burst, you guys will laugh all the way to your grave.

Don't refute me by quoting the current housing loan rates, which are short term in nature and therefore have no meaning for long term investors.
    u go tell those landed owners ur story .....ask them sell me at 50% discount now since their rental yield only 2%

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u go tell those landed owners ur story .....ask them sell me at 50% discount now since their rental yield only 2%
    a friend of mine bought a bungalow for a cool $5 million recently. I really could not understand the purchase, other than to show off his wealth. it is dark and dank, and it even smells bad. I would not stay there even for one day.

a friend of mine bought a bungalow for a cool $5 million recently. I really could not understand the purchase, other than to show off his wealth. it is dark and dank, and it even smells bad. I would not stay there even for one day.
    .....its too presumptuous to say that he is showing off......unless he can ill afford the purchase...