Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6111621263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1253

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    what i mean is outdoor blinds for balcony and patio. you can check with the management. for condos, it is quite common for developer management to specify colour for balcony blinds in order to preserve the outside appearance of the condo. this is to prevent multiple coloured blinds and bamboo chicks making the condo look messy and cheap.
    i am not sure how hard the management will enforce the colour, but it's to everyone's advantage if the condo's outward appearance is maintained well, and light grey is such a neutral colour that it should fit most reno ideas.

what i mean is outdoor blinds for balcony and patio. you can check with the management. for condos, it is quite common for developer management to specify colour for balcony blinds in order to preserve the outside appearance of the condo. this is to prevent multiple coloured blinds and bamboo chicks making the condo look messy and cheap.
    If the blinds is for the balcony or patio, I fully agree that developer should enforce the colour of the blinds to ensure the outlook of HP maintain neat and presentable.

The key issue is does the MCST have any right to require owners to remove blinds or change the colour? This is not those movable partitions/shades that is cannot be retracted fully.

I don't like using Grey actually. Would have much preferred the brown they used on the side lift block. There's enough Grey on the residential blocks as it is already. A little contrasting colour would be nice.

BTW I got a quote from the vendor proving the approved sample. Not sure what is the market rate but was quoted 1.6k+ for my 2+1 balcony. This is the exact sample roller blind. Not Roman or Venetian type.

While they tried to canvas for business in HPC they did not do their homework to get the dimensions for the few unit types and needed to take measurements. They are also intent on up selling to do the entire internal curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    The key issue is does the MCST have any right to require owners to remove blinds or change the colour? This is not those movable partitions/shades that is cannot be retracted fully.

I don't like using Grey actually. Would have much preferred the brown they used on the side lift block. There's enough Grey on the residential blocks as it is already. A little contrasting colour would be nice.

BTW I got a quote from the vendor proving the approved sample. Not sure what is the market rate but was quoted 1.6k+ for my 2+1 balcony. This is the exact sample roller blind. Not Roman or Venetian type.

While they tried to canvas for business in HPC they did not do their homework to get the dimensions for the few unit types and needed to take measurements. They are also intent on up selling to do the entire internal curtains.
    2+1 balcony is about 5 metres long? 1.6k sounds expensive to me. Is this the market rate, anyone?

2+1 balcony is about 5 metres long? 1.6k sounds expensive to me. Is this the market rate, anyone?
    It's about 5.1-5.3m long with a side panel about 80-90cm deep? I think the outdoor blinds maybe a bit overkill. Fully water proof but all our units having common nearly NS facing. No direct sunlight no rain as we have a decent extended roof. In fact I was in my unit twice when it rained (once being just some minutes ago with thunder). Hardly any splatter into the balcony.

I also checked with the management. The shuttle device will start once they have about 50% move in.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post

Hi, leftrightcentre

Can you share the contact details of the vendor providing the approved sample? I went today to ask about the retractable awning but was told that the approved sample for that hadn't come in yet. Anyway, I was told retractable awnings are only going to be approved for ground floor units where the PES is not fully covered. For most ground floor units, the balcony of the unit above provides sufficient shelter so they will not approve the installation of awnings. Not sure if these units are allowed to install the approved outdoor blinds suitable for units with balconies.

Also, once you arrange for your utilities to be turned on, do check by turning on the tap in the kitchen. While it looks ok aesthetically, it's not very functional. Water splashes everywhere so you need to be careful when you turn on the tap. It gets worse if you place your hands under the running water. How to wash dishes or pots like that? Mine is an open plan kitchen - I'm certainly not going to be wiping up the countertop or floors each time I wash up. I'm listing it as a defect!

Interesting, was informed by the Condo Manager that the function rooms will be without any furniture. So fellow neighbors we will need to rent tables and chairs if we are holding any events. Personally I feel that the least the developer could do is to provide a few tables and chairs for the rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by nchung View Post
    Also, once you arrange for your utilities to be turned on, do check by turning on the tap in the kitchen. While it looks ok aesthetically, it's not very functional. Water splashes everywhere so you need to be careful when you turn on the tap. It gets worse if you place your hands under the running water. How to wash dishes or pots like that? Mine is an open plan kitchen - I'm certainly not going to be wiping up the countertop or floors each time I wash up. I'm listing it as a defect!
    Yes! V irritating design. They should have lowered the tap or raise the height of the sink/increase the width of the sink. Plus the tap is really flimsy and it makes me wonder how long it can last.

This is the numeracy that you can pick up from the management office. The sample is also attached. VB Blind is not the one that came to me. I called them but they couldn't make it and asked one of the reseller/distributor/partner to come over. That companyy is Innova Home Deco. Benjamin 9859 9978 if anyone is interested.

Not sure how effective are the tiny holes in ventilating the place.

Sorry for how the photos look. My room uses very dim warm light.

My water is only going to turned on this weekend so I can’t comment much but on touch, the kitchen tap seems useless (small outlet) and flimsy. It is wobbly. It is Via brand. Not sure where it comes from but certainly a highly budget piece. Even if they replace the tap, it would be the same as it is a design/quality issue. What is the chance that they would replace it with say Bravat to be consistent with the bathroom brands?

Quote Originally Posted by nchung View Post
    Update us after they rectify your defect, if the new tap not splashing, I want to change it, too

HI Guys...need help....are these considered as defects? Or are they normal?
    visible fillers in door frames and cracks or gaps in flooring? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by makancula View Post
    Update us after they rectify your defect, if the new tap not splashing, I want to change it, too
    I think it will be more beneficial if we work collectively as a group and report this as an issue. They are more likely to listen if more owners report this as a problem. Having said that, I will certainly keep you all updated on the status of this issue with the tap for my unit.

Quote Originally Posted by woodlanbear View Post
    HI Guys...need help....are these considered as defects? Or are they normal?
    visible fillers in door frames and cracks or gaps in flooring? Thanks

http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogsp...revisited.html -> got photos to show.

Think yes.

Anyone knows if the stairway require access card to enter? Some condo have their lift and stairway secured behind a access card gate, but access card is not required in the lift.

Thanks.

Developer has already issued out 2nd batch letter to respective lawyer firm On 10 March (Tue). Lawyer firm by right should have send e-mail or contracted the owners. Congratulations owners.

Quote Originally Posted by akhran View Post
    Anyone knows if the stairway require access card to enter? Some condo have their lift and stairway secured behind a access card gate, but access card is not required in the lift.

Thanks.
    Yes, stairway needs access card too. Next time really need to remember to bring access card everywhere we go, once kena locked out, difficult to get back in!
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Will the developer change all the doors/furniture pieces with visible fillers? Is this enforced in condo or for hdb only?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post

Quote Originally Posted by akhran View Post
    Will the developer change all the doors/furniture pieces with visible fillers? Is this enforced in condo or for hdb only?

Thanks!
    the list is usable for both condo or hdb. Just that condo has much more things to look out for. This is just a subset. Whether the developer will change will depend.

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    Yes, stairway needs access card too. Next time really need to remember to bring access card everywhere we go, once kena locked out, difficult to get back in!
    Didn't see any card access for stairways, not at my block.

Scratches/dents on carpentary works like door and cabinets, if they are already filled with fillers, they are not considered defects.

Default 14032015 Day 1 - Getting our keys and performing an initial Inspection.

Hi all,

We just got our keys today and perform an initial inspection.

We have created a overlay sector grid on our floor plan to map out the defects for our unit 2(A) type.
    For those who bought the same type as us, attached is a sector grid overlay for 2(A) type in Jpeg, just print and use.

Suggestions
    You might wanna look at those areas in addition to the usual defect guide.

1) Kitchen Island Skirting - Panel touching the floor.
    2) Kitchen Island panels - Joint area where the panel connects.
    3) Fridge area - cupboard laminate work done.
    4) On/Off Switch "Mechanical" Condition (Hod, Fridge and etc) inside the cupboard.
    5) Open all Toilet Sink cabinet door and look at "all" the carpentry work done inside.

regards.

Hedges Park floorplan.jpg

Unhappy Bad Carpemtry works

Dear all,

I got my keys last week. Electricity and water will be free to use for 3 days. Started to check the defects and realized that the Carpentry works is very bad and full of defects. The rests are still minor and acceptable. Please spend more time on the carpentry defects.

Hi, got my keys today. So what is the correct way to write our address?

Blk 89 Flora Drive
    #xx-xx S(506890)
    Hedges Park Condominium

Or is the "Hedges Park Condominium" redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by eggie1961 View Post

Blk 89 Flora Drive
    #xx-xx S(506890)
    Hedges Park Condominium

89 Flora Drive
    #xx-xx
    Singapore 506890

Note that when you change your address on your NRIC to the new address in Hedges Park, the name of the condominium will not be indicated on the NRIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyken View Post
    Dear all,

I got my keys last week. Electricity and water will be free to use for 3 days. Started to check the defects and realized that the Carpentry works is very bad and full of defects. The rests are still minor and acceptable. Please spend more time on the carpentry defects.
    Very dishearten to hear that many complains on the capentry works. Kindly elaborate more on what type of defects found on the capentry works?

Quote Originally Posted by eggie1961 View Post

Blk 89 Flora Drive
    #xx-xx S(506890)
    Hedges Park Condominium

1)Blk 89 Flora Drive
    #xx-xx S(506890)
    or
    2)Blk 89 Flora Drive
    #xx-xx Hedges Park
    S(506890)
    Either one are correct to write for the address. Preference is the 2nd one as postman will identify the place easily when posting letters to the residence.

Do we need to turn-on electricity and water with SP services before the developer start their rectification works? Or should we turn them on only after the developer complete their rectification works?

Thanks.

Hi dear owners, was there supposed to be free electricity and water upon key collection ? I collected my keys last week but only had the free electricity for three days. There was no free water.
    Just wish to clarify with your...