Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 914192429343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1253

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Hi, is anyone facing issues with hollow sounds in timber floor during defect checking? Getting it retified?

Default Defect-checking checklist and BCA guidelines on defects

Here's a defect-checking checklist that we used for Hedges 3BR (1076 sqft) to help any of you with your defect checking.

Also,

BCA Homeowner's guide for defect-checking: https://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals...thers/home.pdf

BCA guide on timber floors: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/...5CTFDesign.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for the guides.

Does it mean that it is the norm to have hollow (sounding) 'patches' randomly all over the bedroom timber flooring, aka not deemed as a defect?

Quote Originally Posted by jiyer View Post
    Here's a defect-checking checklist that we used for Hedges 3BR (1076 sqft) to help any of you with your defect checking.

Also,

BCA Homeowner's guide for defect-checking: https://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals...thers/home.pdf

BCA guide on timber floors: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/...5CTFDesign.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by zhaqqie View Post
    Anyone can help? I cant seem to find the lighting point to install lights in the centre of the kitchen and the maid's toilet.
    Just had my lights installed today, so I know this. The kitchen and toilets all have false ceilings and the electrical cables are hidden there. Your light contractor will need to punch a hole through the false ceiling (you choose the location) and pull the cables through. Just alert them to the fact that you have false ceiling and they know what to do.

On another note, the concrete hole for my light at my dining area is pretty huge. I installed a 3-lights-in-a-row type of lighting there and the metal piece was unable to complete cover the hole. Looks ugly. The contractor did some patching to make it look better. If i had know about this, I would have chosen a different type of lighting (circular instead which can cover any big holes).

Quote Originally Posted by akhran View Post
    Thank you for the guides.

Does it mean that it is the norm to have hollow (sounding) 'patches' randomly all over the bedroom timber flooring, aka not deemed as a defect?
    I think not, that's my question too to the other home owners in this forum...would be good if others can share their experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly View Post
    Minor defects sure bound to have. Look out on the glue stain from all the doors, main door alignment, scatches, lighting from both toilets functional (3 days electrical provided on the day u collect key), Aircon functional, 3 toilets floor pointing, cabinet alignment, ensure your 3 rooms parquet are evenly laid n not protude, ensure floor n wall tiles not hollow, window rubber seal intact n in good condition, window open n close lever functional(do function check). The rest depends on your Hawkeye to spot. So far my unit defect is very minimal. All very minor type, so no worries the workmanship is OK, not describe as so bad workmanship as others claim.
    Hi Jolly,
    The 3 day FOC Water & water is it start Frm the day u collect the key?
    This weekend are u going down to Hedges Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple73 View Post
    Hi Jolly,
    The 3 day FOC Water & water is it start Frm the day u collect the key?
    This weekend are u going down to Hedges Park?
    Developer only supply electricity but water will not be on. This weekend I might be dropping by to take measurements for my furnitures and carpentry. How about you? You coming this weekend also?

Developer only supply electricity but water will not be on. This weekend I might be dropping by to take measurements for my furnitures and carpentry. How about you? You coming this weekend also?
    Still haven"t collect key yet, u gg dn this Sat or Sunday, if timing ok can I n my family visit yr house. If can't is ok. Thanks.

Still haven"t collect key yet, u gg dn this Sat or Sunday, if timing ok can I n my family visit yr house. If can't is ok. Thanks.
    Sure. Saturday is OK. I need to check my schedule so timing I will inform u tomorrow evening.

Additional renovation resources: Renovation planning checklist:

http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogsp...checklist.html

Thanks lots

Quote Originally Posted by eggie1961 View Post
    Just had my lights installed today, so I know this. The kitchen and toilets all have false ceilings and the electrical cables are hidden there. Your light contractor will need to punch a hole through the false ceiling (you choose the location) and pull the cables through. Just alert them to the fact that you have false ceiling and they know what to do.

On another note, the concrete hole for my light at my dining area is pretty huge. I installed a 3-lights-in-a-row type of lighting there and the metal piece was unable to complete cover the hole. Looks ugly. The contractor did some patching to make it look better. If i had know about this, I would have chosen a different type of lighting (circular instead which can cover any big holes).

Sure. Saturday is OK. I need to check my schedule so timing I will inform u tomorrow evening.
    Thanks Jolly.

11/04 Sat at around 1.00pm I will be at my unit. So where shall we meet up so that we can enter the guardhouse together.

11/04 Sat at around 1.00pm I will be at my unit. So where shall we meet up so that we can enter the guardhouse together.
    I will be driving to HP, is it ok will wait for u outside the Flora Drive road before the guard house entrance at 1pm.
    Or u have any good suggestion.

I will be driving to HP, is it ok will wait for u outside the Flora Drive road before the guard house entrance at 1pm.
    Or u have any good suggestion.
    Will do. 1pm I will drive to Flora Road via upper Changi North Rd. See you tomorrow.

Will do. 1pm I will drive to Flora Road via upper Changi North Rd. See you tomorrow.
    Ok, thanks. See u tomr.

Anybody knows if there is a car washing point in the car park?

Anyone knows if Hedges Park is BCA QM certified like Livia, Double Bay, NV Residences, etc?

Thanks.

Anyone knows if Hedges Park is BCA QM certified like Livia, Double Bay, NV Residences, etc?

Thanks.
    Hedges is CONQUAS certified as per the builder representative told us during joint inspection.
    You can't find hedges in the BCA website for condos listed for QM but can find Inflora by tripartite is registered for QM.

Are you referring to this list ?

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/homeowners...ql/default.asp

Don't see Hedges Park in the list though I can see quite a few Tripartite projects listed there.

Quote Originally Posted by jiyer View Post
    Hedges is CONQUAS certified as per the builder representative told us during joint inspection.
    You can't find hedges in the BCA website for condos listed for QM but can find Inflora by tripartite is registered for QM.

Hi, neighbors.

Just want to share. We moved in about a week ago. Around noon today, my daughter called me and told me that one of the toilet does not stop flushing the water all of the sudden. She said it's been 15 mins already by the time she called me and has not stopped. So I called the Chris from Defects Team, who referred me to Reddy. He said he is not handling defects related to Plumbing, Gas and Electrical. But Reddy does. So I called Reddy. Unfortunately, it's lunch time and he can get someone only around 1:30PM. So I rushed home (I thought the water will overflow the toilet bowl and flood the house). I can still turn off the water valve in the water rise closet, right? Just have to be unlocked. So I went to Management Office. I was told to call Defects team (which I did before going to them, and which I told them) or call PUB. Seriously?

Ok, maybe I came in in an unfortunate timing, it is lunch break I know. But turning off would not even take 2 mins. Anyway, MO told me he will take care and that he will call me. That was 12:35-12:40 noon.

Noone came to unlock the water rise door so the water just happily flush down continuously. Luckily, Reddy is right on time at 1:30PM with the plumber in tow. Fixed it within 15-20 mins. Still haven't got a call from MO.

Around 4pm, I went down again to request the phone activated for the lift access for guest. And I asked why noone came nor called me. He said he was told it is already sorted out (Apparently, he called Defects Team also and was told it is fixed and so he didn't call me back). Yes, it was sorted out, but only after about hour. He could have get someone to turnoff the valve and it will not take more than 5 mins.

What if the water overflowed already? Still have to wait for the plumber? I see no logic there.

Default Lights

hihi,

can i just check where you bought your lights from?
    I went to a shop and was told that because ours is all false ceiling, we wun be able to fix those bigger lights.
    If needed, the contractor needs to fix an extra board as support.

anyone has any contacts for lights ?
    Thanks lots

Are you referring to this list ?

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/homeowners...ql/default.asp

Don't see Hedges Park in the list though I can see quite a few Tripartite projects listed there.
    No, refer to this link https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/projects.aspx
    Hedges is not listed but Inflora is for Developer as Tripartite

Quote Originally Posted by zhaqqie View Post
    hihi,

can i just check where you bought your lights from?
    I went to a shop and was told that because ours is all false ceiling, we wun be able to fix those bigger lights.
    If needed, the contractor needs to fix an extra board as support.

anyone has any contacts for lights ?
    Thanks lots
    I bought my lights from Chelsea Lighting (shop is at Jurong East, opp Chinese Garden MRT).

My kitchen & toilet lights are small size round ones. Initially the person installing the lights said he needed to use a "plastic plug" to provide more support. I.e instead of just nailing the fixture to the board, you put another plug inside the ceiling so that the nail goes through both board & plug. In the end, I didn't see him using any; maybe he felt it is able to take the weight. Putting another board inside the false ceiling should be possible and not too difficult, IMHO.

I also found out that the default lights provided for the toilets are sufficiently bright at night. If I had known this earlier, I would have skipped the toilet lights.

Rgds.

Default electrical work cost?

Hi guys. New to this forum. Just wanted to ask how much does the electrical works cost? i.e. for fixing the lights, fans, extra plug points.
    I also noticed that the hood in the kitchen doesn't actually suck any smoke. There isn't much suction and I don't know if it is supposed to be like that or its not working properly. Thanks guys.

Having stayed for a few days, I realized that my house gets hot very easily even though I don't get direct sun on the windows. So I'm thinking of installing shielding for the glass doors and windows. Has anyone done this? Do we have to use the recommended vendors shown at the management office? What did it cost you?

Thanks

I bought my lights from Chelsea Lighting (shop is at Jurong East, opp Chinese Garden MRT).

My kitchen & toilet lights are small size round ones. Initially the person installing the lights said he needed to use a "plastic plug" to provide more support. I.e instead of just nailing the fixture to the board, you put another plug inside the ceiling so that the nail goes through both board & plug. In the end, I didn't see him using any; maybe he felt it is able to take the weight. Putting another board inside the false ceiling should be possible and not too difficult, IMHO.

I also found out that the default lights provided for the toilets are sufficiently bright at night. If I had known this earlier, I would have skipped the toilet lights.

Rgds.

Mind sharing which stack/block you are in?

Thanks.

Having stayed for a few days, I realized that my house gets hot very easily even though I don't get direct sun on the windows. So I'm thinking of installing shielding for the glass doors and windows. Has anyone done this? Do we have to use the recommended vendors shown at the management office? What did it cost you?

Mind sharing which stack/block you are in?

Thanks.
    I'm in block 89, facing the road.

I have one small question.

I have received developer's notice letter from my lawyer, base on which I accepted releasing next 25% payment, and also placed cash order for both servey and maintenance fee and submit them to my lawer this Mon. My lawyer told she will pass them to developer this Tue, and after that I didn't received any update from anyone.

So what is next step ? Can I direct contact developer to make key collection appointment now ?

I was so busy this week so might missed the instruction if it is part of paper notice letter.....