Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271213141516171819202122273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by loonsy View Post
    Fibre is to the Fibre point. After that you will still need copper cables to connect to routers, modems, computers, etc.
    ok so no fibre termination point will be installed in the hedges park....
    the next question is HP NGNBN ready?

[QUOTE=gav108;444643]
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    I think the price is attractive, and cheap by today's market rates. The price had gone up by 10% after VIP ballot, the price for most would be that much lower.

Like for like comparison with Hedges, the psf is lower.

Plus points for inFlora: No indoors bomb shelter so more "usable" space without the space wasting thick walls and can now be knocked down for better visual perception of space. Smaller paper size but similar functional size so quantum is lower. Higher ceiling of 2.9m vs 2.8m for Hedges. If I remember correctly, the marble tiles are "matt" finishing that is easier to maintain compared to glossy type of Hedges. More exclusive site that is not open to public view, and shielded from road noise.

Lol why so negative. In fact many of your points are debatable:

1) I went down to inflora to kaypoh, and compared the price of it's 2+1 bedder with hedge's larger 2 bedder. both are the same size (72sm+4sm ac ledge for inflora and 72sm+2 sm ac ledge for hedges). to do a very fair comparison, both units i compared are exact same size, direct pool facing, same floor and away from any road noise. guess what? hedges price is 713k, whereas i was quoted 820k for inflora! assuming 820k is the price after 2% increase on the 2nd day of preview, it would still have sold for 804k on the first day.

2) while it's true bomb shelter can't be torn down for more visual space, but likewise owners of units without storerooms will be hard pressed to erect one for storage space. note how little storage space inflora actually has.

3) as for bomb shelter's thick walls, note that they serve as structural walls, and as a result the rest of the unit's walls are mostly very thin. because inflora doesn't have bomb shelters to serve as core structural walls, thick structural walls are distributed throughout the unit. take look at inflora's floor plan n u will see. in the end the amt of thick walls is around the same.

4) inflora's actual ceiling height is 2.8m, not 2.9m as stated on the internet. makes sense as all other condos in flora region is 2.8m (except parc olympia at 2.7m). any higher and the roof line will not align with the surrounding condos (edelweiss and hedges)

5) more exclusive, but will be fully encroached by condos in all four directions next time. i like how hedges is open on one end to the japanese school's large open field. also inflora is more inaccessible with no public transport.

6) notice also how large inflora's balconies are, esp for the 2+1 and smaller. 9 sq m for the 2 bedders is quite disproportionate. i m quite ok with that, except that due to the alternating balcony design, about 1 sq m of the balcony is open to the sky. coupled with the grill-like railings (v.s. hedge's glass railing), it's impossible to keep out the elements and make it an extension of the living room space.

so in conclusion, hedges is still a good buy. don't listen to hearsay unsupported by facts and disregarding the finer details. if want to compare price between 2 developments, must always compare between 2 directly equivalent units. last time hedges's 2nd floor 71 sq m 2 bedders next to substation and bin centre sold at 600k on the first day. any such pricing for an equivalent unit in inflora?
    Iinflora owner here,just wanted to give my fair opinion to the matter, not here to stir up a fight
    1. Same size but extra room (even study) will give an edge in the resell market. Bomb shelter and utility room was never a selling point thus no surprise to see it's being removed from most new launch.
    3. Make sure thick wall is between unit else you will hear everyhting your neighbour saids, and like wise
    4. Inflora ceiling heights is 2.9m
    6. I am glad Inflora is not using glass railing, there are reported cases that the glass railing shatter in some condo, not too difficult to search in this forum. Anyway,I intend to turn the balcony area to dinning area together with some plants..

Basically no point to argue.. coz both launch at different timing, plus, we can't change the layout but to accept the way it is. Unless, if we are looking at resell point of view..
    Last edited by goodchong; 13-11-13 at 14:45.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroxon View Post
    ok so no fibre termination point will be installed in the hedges park....
    the next question is HP NGNBN ready?
    This was discussed earlier in the thread. You may want to review.

NGNBN is a statutory requirement. Hedges plan was approved before NGNBN became a must so it was not included in the design unlike the newer projects. However, the development MUST still provide for NGNBN.

This means that either the developer work with OpenNet now to allow the landing points to be built and hence concealed along with the construction, or the developer transfers this obligation to the MCST after it hands over. The MCST must then facilitate the NGNBN infrastructure.

Naturally, the best is for the developer to handle this since they can at the pre-built stage allocation the distribution boxes and lay the optics into each unit and nicely concealed along with other wiring. If the MCST is to do it, then we would not only get ugly trunking along the exterior of the units, but also in the unit.

In short, some of us have asked the agent but not definite answer. Maybe we can each ask our lawyers to get the answer from the developer, or we collectively ask the developer to provide an answer.

[QUOTE=goodchong;445078]
    Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post

Iinflora owner here,just wanted to give my fair opinion to the matter, not here to stir up a fight
    1. Same size but extra room (even study) will give an edge in the resell market. Bomb shelter and utility room was never a selling point thus no surprise to see it's being removed from most new launch.
    3. Make sure thick wall is between unit else you will hear everyhting your neighbour saids, and like wise
    4. Inflora ceiling heights is 2.9m
    6. I am glad Inflora is not using glass railing, there are reported cases that the glass railing shatter in some condo, not too difficult to search in this forum. Anyway,I intend to turn the balcony area to dinning area together with some plants..

Basically no point to argue.. coz both launch at different timing, plus, we can't change the layout but to accept the way it is. Unless, if we are looking at resell point of view..
    sorry hope it doesn't sound offensive or putting down inflora. i m just trying to refute the notion that prices have not moved in this region in the last 2 years, which will be disastrous for all flora owners. in fact the gale's 2 bedders were sold at around the same quantum as hedges and inflora's 2 bedders when it was launched. does that mean that price has not moved since then? to determine price appreciation floor size (excluding ac ledge and assigning half value for planters and bay windows) and psf will provide a better gauge.

i remember gale owners clapping in glee when hedges was launched.
    fair enough, as i would also have bought it's 2 bedders over hedges' for the larger size and freehold status, though it also has the same no. of functional spaces (never mind that it only has bus 4, diagonally from a temple, has lots of bay windows and front road drives up directly to the prison visitor's centre...blah blah). the reason is simple - the larger space will allow me to store more things and have more sitting spaces.

hedge's 2 bedders is like a 2+1, the +1 being the household shelter. the agent suggested to me that the shelter can also be used as a study but i read that some people really do it by conditioning and furnishing the room. for me it will be a wonderful place for my bulky items (luggage, pail, vacuum cleaner, ladder, winter wear etc.), a wine cellar, larder, or even a hobby display room for my toys away from dust so far lovers and haters of storerooms seem evenly matched depending on needs and preferences.

walls between units are always thicker at around 20 cm standard, with or without bomb shelters. structural walls or columns, which are thicker than that, only occurs at strategic points depending on the load bearing points of the building. reflections at keppel bay has super fat columns literally running through the floor plan due to its great height, but it's a fantastic development and how i wish i can afford it

inflora agent told me the ceiling height is 2.8 m, and it felt the same as my current condo, which is also 2.8m. perhaps 2.9m is floor to ceiling, excluding the floor screed and marble tiling? anyway no issues here.

as mentioned, i have no issues with balconies, and it's a great idea to use it for dining space. for inflora, unless u r getting the 1 bedder or top floors, part of the balcony ceiling will be open to the sky, so it might be hard to dine if it rains. i would suggest using it only for optional outdoor dining.

there r nice things i like about inflora:

1) very nice master bath with lots of marble and rain shower! definitely better than hedges'.
    2) very good distance block to block for units facing lap pool, definitely better than hedge's block to block.
    3) bigger size for 2nd bedroom.
    4) secret enclave feeling with nice landscaping and shelters with flora motifs.

in fact my family was tempted to get a unit here after looking at the beautiful show flats, but in the end decided not to mainly due to the public transport factor. hopefully public transport will be available with commercial shops when flora drive reaches critical mass.

bottomline - inflora is a beautiful development and should appreciate in value over time with the rest. sorry for the long posts. 2 days leave n boredom sets in. cheers!

Comparison is endless.

And I believed we have bought whichever property we liked.

Looking forward to TOP

Quote Originally Posted by Roarrrr View Post
    Comparison is endless.

Looking forward to TOP
    I agree... just be contented with what we have...

[QUOTE=Roarrrr;445186]Comparison is endless.

Looking forward to TOP [/

True

Comparison is endless.

Looking forward to TOP
    true true true...just mental exercise to fill boredom. the fact that inflora is sold out so fast (balloting some more ) bodes well for the flora region. over in redhill alex residences is selling cheaper than the earlier launch echelon psf wise it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    true true true...just mental exercise to fill boredom. the fact that inflora is sold out so fast (balloting some more ) bodes well for the flora region. over in redhill alex residences is selling cheaper than the earlier launch echelon psf wise it seems...
    Thums up for you seems like you really study thoroughly for inflora ,gotta admit that Hedges park is definitely a good buy and there are many plus points why I like Hedges park .. however, it seems that inflora is the only best choice for me at the moment. For the same quantum, I will never trade off a 2+1 unit with a studio in a so-called better location ( jurong g**teway if you know what i mean )) ).

Not to mention that we are gonna be neighbor in years to come , we could made flora drive a dream place to stay ! For start, we as in the inflora dwellers are currently discussing to demand LTA introduce bus @ flora drive as well as expanding the road. If we could gather voices across other flora drive residences we might have made our voices louder to LTA, what do u guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by goodchong View Post
    Thums up for you seems like you really study thoroughly for inflora ,gotta admit that Hedges park is definitely a good buy and there are many plus points why I like Hedges park .. however, it seems that inflora is the only best choice for me at the moment. For the same quantum, I will never trade off a 2+1 unit with a studio in a so-called better location ( jurong g**teway if you know what i mean )) ).

Not to mention that we are gonna be neighbor in years to come , we could made flora drive a dream place to stay ! For start, we as in the inflora dwellers are currently discussing to demand LTA introduce bus @ flora drive as well as expanding the road. If we could gather voices across other flora drive residences we might have made our voices louder to LTA, what do u guys think?

I didn't think so much
    And honestly am very happy with the current environment. I bought this place because it's "quiet" & " private" enough.

Are u referring to the new road running through ( HP on left, Parc olympia on right ?)

If the new road ( flora drive ) starts to get busy with buses, then I am afraid, it may spoil the tranquility of the place. Those who are living at the lower floors bear most of the brunt of "noise".
    Unless you are referring to adding more new bus lines at the existing main roads bus stops . Then that's a really good idea.

I passed by the new road many times day/night, and traffic is non stop flowing. Can't imagine if there's buses passing through

And talks of expanding the roads may end up encroaching the pavements . Which in my opinion isn't that ideal.
    With a narrower pavement, residents on the lower floors along the pavements will suffer with curious stares into their house. Constant human traffic / louder "noise"/ less privacy.

Just my honest opinions I still like it tranquility for now

I didn't think so much
    And honestly am very happy with the current environment. I bought this place because it's "quiet" & " private" enough.

Are u referring to the new road running through ( HP on left, Parc olympia on right ?)

If the new road ( flora drive ) starts to get busy with buses, then I am afraid, it may spoil the tranquility of the place. Those who are living at the lower floors bear most of the brunt of "noise".
    Unless you are referring to adding more new bus lines at the existing main roads bus stops . Then that's a really good idea.

I passed by the new road many times day/night, and traffic is non stop flowing. Can't imagine if there's buses passing through

And talks of expanding the roads may end up encroaching the pavements . Which in my opinion isn't that ideal.
    With a narrower pavement, residents on the lower floors along the pavements will suffer with curious stares into their house. Constant human traffic / louder "noise"/ less privacy.

I totally agreed with Roarrr on this issue. 👍

I didn't think so much

To add on, Flora Drive area is known to be " ulu" .

Before I bought it, I already know it's like this .

Near prison. So far. No mrt. No bus. No markets. No malls. So quiet. etc

But this is one of the rare few private estates left in Sg with reasonable pricing.

To add on, Flora Drive area is known to be " ulu" .

Before I bought it, I already know it's like this .

Near prison. So far. No mrt. No bus. No markets. No malls. So quiet. etc

But this is one of the rare few private estates left in Sg with reasonable pricing.
    it is ulu, out of doubt, and we pay what we get.

but many places was deems to be ulu and now developed, bukit panjang, boon lay for eg.. I see potential in this area too. Think shouldn't resign to the fate I am sure we could make this place more desirable that it is now

Quote Originally Posted by goodchong View Post
    it is ulu, out of doubt, and we pay what we get.

but many places was deems to be ulu and now developed, bukit panjang, boon lay for eg.. I see potential in this area too. Think shouldn't resign to the fate I am sure we could make this place more desirable that it is now

Am not resigning myself to fate.

I chose this place because of the way it is.
    It is a nice enclave of private housing projects. Like i said earlier, this is one of the few rare private estates in Sg that is of reasonable price.

I bought private because like the name suggest it is " private".

I do have friends living at Flora drive. And one common thing they told me is " they enjoy the peace and tranquility there ; minus the occasion airplane zooming overhead. They are really happy. But for how long, they ain't sure themselves"

Enhancements are great. I have no qualms of having malls / shops / buses etc around the area.
    But introducing buses into the new road (Flora drive ) itself ??

If you noticed, most private estates, have limited buses running through. ( along main roads; yes. But cutting through the estates; minimal really )

Lastly, when all projects are completed, the traffic will build up. And add on to buses running through

Cheers

It is a nice enclave of private housing projects. Like i said earlier, this is one of the few rare private estates in Sg that is of reasonable price.

I bought private because like the name suggest it is " private".

I do have friends living at Flora drive. And one common thing they told me is " they enjoy the peace and tranquility there ; minus the occasion airplane zooming overhead.
    tis I hv to agree wif u. flora area is really very tranquil; a cheap pte enclave but I didn't choose it cos it is not convenient, but u make my heart itchy again

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    tis I hv to agree wif u. flora area is really very tranquil; a cheap pte enclave but I didn't choose it cos it is not convenient, but u make my heart itchy again
    Hmmm, cheap? How would you define cheap? All ranges btw $850 psf to $1,000 psf or more, consider cheap? The Gale is even higher from recent transactions. I thought the days when properties are cheap were long gone.

Back in 2004-2005, projects at district 17, 18 were like only $400 - $600 psf. That was cheap I guess.

Anyway, I personally don't think Flora area is exactly that "inconvenient" if you drive. For Hedges, bus-stop is right beside the side gate, which is a plus point.

I certainly do not hope for a bus stop along Flora Drive, or for Flora to be widened. The pavement is narrow as it is. I love the wide pavement along Flora Road. Perfect for a stroll or jog without having to shift around to let other users pass or to overtake.

In any case, I do not think Flora Drive would be widened as this is a new road and the land plot uses already known at time of building. It is simply bad planning and blatant waste of good taxpayers money to widen the road.

I bought Hedges largely due to the serenity of the area. Tranquil peaceful secluded. Doesn't matter that much that it is not as accessible by MRT or bus services, or does not have as much support amenities. I believe all the inconveniences would be more than balanced by the quality time I spend in my home. Afterall, my home is for me to stay in and not travel in/out of.

Thumbs up

I certainly do not hope for a bus stop along Flora Drive, or for Flora to be widened. The pavement is narrow as it is. I love the wide pavement along Flora Road. Perfect for a stroll or jog without having to shift around to let other users pass or to overtake.

In any case, I do not think Flora Drive would be widened as this is a new road and the land plot uses already known at time of building. It is simply bad planning and blatant waste of good taxpayers money to widen the road.

I bought Hedges largely due to the serenity of the area. Tranquil peaceful secluded. Doesn't matter that much that it is not as accessible by MRT or bus services, or does not have as much support amenities. I believe all the inconveniences would be more than balanced by the quality time I spend in my home. Afterall, my home is for me to stay in and not travel in/out of.

*thumbs up* am totally with you on this !

Quote Originally Posted by EK@East View Post
    Hmmm, cheap? How would you define cheap? All ranges btw $850 psf to $1,000 psf or more, consider cheap? The Gale is even higher from recent transactions. I thought the days when properties are cheap were long gone.

Back in 2004-2005, projects at district 17, 18 were like only $400 - $600 psf. That was cheap I guess.

Anyway, I personally don't think Flora area is exactly that "inconvenient" if you drive. For Hedges, bus-stop is right beside the side gate, which is a plus point.
    cheap as in it is cheap to buy cos the quantum is low.
    but cheap doesn't make it any more worth.
    u cannot compare wif 10 yrs ago la!
    2 bedder at eden tampines less den 400k leh!

I certainly also am not in favor of widening Flora Drive. Its best to leave it as it is. Any widening is sure to encroach the pavement. Residents of units near tothe road will suffer the most.

I also frankly don't think bus service along Flora Drive necessary. So long as bus services run along Upp Changi Rd North , i think its sufficient.

Default have we got a net group?

have we got a facebook group?
    wats the address?

Quote Originally Posted by hedgesalvin View Post
    I certainly also am not in favor of widening Flora Drive. Its best to leave it as it is. Any widening is sure to encroach the pavement. Residents of units near tothe road will suffer the most.

I also frankly don't think bus service along Flora Drive necessary. So long as bus services run along Upp Changi Rd North , i think its sufficient.
    there is already provision for road widening of flora road, starting from azalea park, up to flora drive where the current inflora showroom is, in the form of an extra wide pavement. it's a matter of time that the road will be widened in this portion of the road to ease the traffic at the T junction turning into flora drive, which is a good thing. however it's impossible to widen flora drive towards the end leading to upper changi road north.

i think a bustop along flora drive is fine, so long as only a single bus no. runs thru it to prevent congestion. this can improve much needed connectivity for po, pi and inflora residents.

i m still hoping that commercial shops will be available along flora drive opposite po and pi, and a bustop can serve them. not to worry about road congestion, as i m thinking of a small mixed development mainly to serve the more basic needs of the immediate community by foot, not the type that draws crowds from other regions. i just can't help imagining how pleasant it's going to be to have some quiet little restaurants, cafes, bakeries, coffee shop, convenient mart and such lining flora drive...
    Last edited by gav108; 17-11-13 at 23:43.

Just saw the master plan 2013 on ura website, seems no difference for flora drive at all

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreDude View Post
    Just saw the master plan 2013 on ura website, seems no difference for flora drive at all
    There's some sketchy mentioned of Tampines Regional Centre, Tampines North, and Changi Point that might have some spill over effect.

I think it's good that the area don't become too vibrant lest it loses its tranquility. Changi Point with spas, recreation spots, hotels, etc. might be interesting for us though.

I called up Hong Leong, redirected to Tripartite. The PM in charge of Hedges is on leave these few days. I will call again next week. Anyone has any question that needs clarification?

I was seeking clarification on the TOP date. Original brochure states Dec 2014, some brochure pasted over with June 2015, some websites show either dates, CDL 2012AR shows 2014. From the person I spoke to (not PM so may not have correct picture), seems like they are working based on 2014.

Another clarification is if the units would be fibre ready. I am sure we do not want the buildings and internal of our unit to be uglified by visible trunking.

There's some sketchy mentioned of Tampines Regional Centre, Tampines North, and Changi Point that might have some spill over effect.

I think it's good that the area don't become too vibrant lest it loses its tranquility. Changi Point with spas, recreation spots, hotels, etc. might be interesting for us though.
    Agree, actually i like the way it is now, the only thing i m expecting is what we are going to have on the piece of land discussed earlier, and i m not greedy lol, a small super market would be perfect.

I noticed one change on the map, the piece of land where currently occupied by expo Hall 7,8,9 has changed from blue to yellow, maybe we can expect sth on this piece of land as well.

I called up Hong Leong, redirected to Tripartite. The PM in charge of Hedges is on leave these few days. I will call again next week. Anyone has any question that needs clarification?

I was seeking clarification on the TOP date. Original brochure states Dec 2014, some brochure pasted over with June 2015, some websites show either dates, CDL 2012AR shows 2014. From the person I spoke to (not PM so may not have correct picture), seems like they are working based on 2014.

Another clarification is if the units would be fibre ready. I am sure we do not want the buildings and internal of our unit to be uglified by visible trunking.
    Thank you bro!maybe u help us ask about the balcony top covering up thing?

Thank you bro!maybe u help us ask about the balcony top covering up thing?
    Sure thing. Can you phrase the question with the salient points and potential followup questions?

Sure thing. Can you phrase the question with the salient points and potential followup questions?
    In the previous discussion, Loonsy mentioned that we can submit a proposal to MCST if we have enough top floor owners who want to cover up their balcony, so you can help us check whether is this the standard procedure? If yes, how many top floor owners it requires, and what do we need to prepare (documents); If no, what are the alternatives? thank you !

no point sighing. instead, you can write in to make your suggestions for more amenities via here:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MS/DMP2013/int...xhibition.aspx

i just did. anyone with a sincere concern about our neighborhood should be more proactive and be heard. never be defeated before even trying.