Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 99 years leasehold Landed property

Default 99 years leasehold Landed property

hi guys,

any recomendation for 'value for money' 99 years 'leasehold' landed property?

considerations
    1. leasehold - within my budget which is < $1.5M (as low as possible)
    2. not very old since i am looking at 99 years - <15 years possible? or 20 years?
    3. location - as this budget, i would not expect prime area

will start to monitor the price movement for 6 months

thanks!!!

I did a quick search on PropertyGuru. Based on the criteria that you have specified, you may want to try:

a. Villa Verde
    b. Westwood Park
    c. Westville
    d. Loyang Villas

The rest of the 99-year LH terrace houses are all going for more than $1.5m.

Quote Originally Posted by wt_know
    hi guys,

considerations
    2. not very old since i am looking at 99 years - <15 years possible? or 20 years?

thanks!!!

hi guys,

considerations

thanks!!!
    At this price, why not go for freehold? Edited: sorry I didn't read "landed" is what u want. I thought u mean any pte property.

I understand that LH landed is a NO NO... why die die must stay in landed? A FH condo is better than a LH landed. I think I have asked this question b4..

loyang villas road are narrow, and worse with cars parked along/outside

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    I understand that LH landed is a NO NO... why die die must stay in landed? A FH condo is better than a LH landed. I think I have asked this question b4..
    It cud be a gd time to buy 99lh landed nxt yr.....i am actually eyeing...expecting more den 40% discount .....99lh landed cost 3xxpsf land....y not? Hohohoho

Remember 99lh ppty drop the most during downturn.....hohoho

Happy shopping ! Bestest dragon year ever!

cluster landed even cheaper. Since going to stay in a landed might as well enjoy some facilities?

I heard Cabana around 1.4M and Greenwood around 1.8M...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    It cud be a gd time to buy 99lh landed nxt yr.....i am actually eyeing...expecting more den 40% discount .....99lh landed cost 3xxpsf land....y not? Hohohoho

Owners will raise price by 50% then give you 40% discount. No retrenchment no real firesale. Government and many companies are still giving pay rise early next year. I will be visiting showflats today to take a look at the situation.

best is lh landed amongst fh landed.

It depends on the length of land lease left as well. For a more accurate calculation, you can consider psf/ lease of land.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    It depends on the length of land lease left as well. For a more accurate calculation, you can consider psf/ lease of land.
    I will b looking at those wif more den 80yrs left

Tks bro for sharing

yeah . I know people who bought at low and sold at 1.43 mil to make a 600k profit at villa verde. Still the most sort after at cck

yeah, this is the worst thing about landed property

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    loyang villas road are narrow, and worse with cars parked along/outside

yeah, this is the worst thing about landed property
    I rang up for viewing and next moment cancel it off after I went recce

i think FH condo $1.3M can only buy about 1000-1100 square feet unit

i just wish to get a unit that is value-for-money as this will be my biggest plunge

i look at LH condo and feel not 'worth' that value that close to $1M ... personal view only ... no offense to all

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Owners will raise price by 50% then give you 40% discount. No retrenchment no real firesale. Government and many companies are still giving pay rise early next year. I will be visiting showflats today to take a look at the situation.
    please update us about your visit..

I'm curious. why is LH landed no no but LH condo OK?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    cluster landed even cheaper. Since going to stay in a landed might as well enjoy some facilities?

I heard Cabana around 1.4M and Greenwood around 1.8M...
    how much is their maintenance fees?

The general consensus (not that I agree with it) is that LH condos have greater opportunity for en-bloc sales compared to LH landed. The converse of that is the lower risk of holding LH condos versus LH landed for the long-term (limited leasehold tenure means the clock is ticking quickly).

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    I'm curious. why is LH landed no no but LH condo OK?

The term "better" is subjective. It depends on what criteria one uses for the comparison - capital appreciation potential, lifestyle, built-in space, facilities, or even a varying combination of these?

One man's meat is another man's poison. To each his own.

The important thing is that one goes in with his eyes wide open and carries out adequate research to ascertain the suitability of his purchase based on his personal (and family's) needs and wants.

Quote Originally Posted by samsara
    The general consensus (not that I agree with it) is that LH condos have greater opportunity for en-bloc sales compared to LH landed. The converse of that is the lower risk of holding LH condos versus LH landed for the long-term (limited leasehold tenure means the clock is ticking quickly).
    Based on your arguement, FEO's freehold turned leasehold developments like shore and scotts tower is even more no no..... even the mixed use developments like bedok residences is no no too.

For long term investment. I will avoid LH altogether. Land is supposed to appreciate, not depreciate.... Buy the FH you can afford... even if it's an MM compared to a larger LH.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Based on your arguement, FEO's freehold turned leasehold developments like shore and scotts tower is even more no no..... even the mixed use developments like bedok residences is no no too.

For long term investment. I will avoid LH altogether. Land is supposed to appreciate, not depreciate.... Buy the FH you can afford... even if it's an MM compared to a larger LH.
    99LH from FH land are the lowest class of land in Singapore, worse than 99LH from GLS.

99LH from FH land are the lowest class of land in Singapore, worse than 99LH from GLS.
    Folks can buy a 2 bedroom inter-terrace house at Geylang Lorong 3 for a mere $100k. It is close to 800sqft I think.

Of course, the catch is that they only have 9 to 10 years left before the govt cheong kong back

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Folks can buy a 2 bedroom inter-terrace house at Geylang Lorong 3 for a mere $100k. It is close to 800sqft I think.

Of course, the catch is that they only have 9 to 10 years left before the govt cheong kong back
    What type of project will government launch in Geylang Lorong 3? Sex-education agency? Most likely the government will just ask the existing owner to top up the lease or re-sell as GLS.

What type of project will government launch in Geylang Lorong 3? Sex-education agency? Most likely the government will just ask the existing owner to top up the lease or re-sell as GLS.
    Ahem. I mean the entire devt, not just one terrace house. Some 200 or so of these units. To say their address is Geylang Lor 3 is quite misleading (but that is the valid address). These terraces are nearer to Upper Boon Keng Road

Before you buy, go check out the condition of those landed with remaining leases for 30-40 years... Then compare with freehold of the same age...

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Ahem. I mean the entire devt, not just one terrace house. Some 200 or so of these units. To say their address is Geylang Lor 3 is quite misleading (but that is the valid address). These terraces are nearer to Upper Boon Keng Road
    Not easy to relocate red light district. Another GRC might be lost if that happens.

You might wish to refer to Section 84E of the Land Titles (Strata) Act of Singapore which applies to "a collective sale by the Subsidiary Proprietors who own registered leasehold tenure of at least 850 years or other tenure in flats not registered under this Act but do not own land".

Specifically, subsection (4) states "The proprietor of the land referred to in subsection (2) shall be deemed to have transferred his estate and interest in the land to the purchaser without consideration upon the registration by the Registrar of the transfers of all the flats in the development and the Registrar shall enter a notification of the vesting of the land in the purchaser on the land-register."

In plain English, it means that the owner of the FH land from which a 999-year LH project was carved will have to surrender the full rights to the land to the purchaser in the collective sale.

There have been several landmark cases where the FH land title holder contested the forced transfer but lost.

There is no telling whether a similar statute might be created for cases where 99-year LH is carved out of a FH land title.

Quote Originally Posted by samsara
    You might wish to refer to Section 84E of the Land Titles (Strata) Act of Singapore which applies to "a collective sale by the Subsidiary Proprietors who own registered leasehold tenure of at least 850 years or other tenure in flats not registered under this Act but do not own land".

Specifically, subsection (4) states "The proprietor of the land referred to in subsection (2) shall be deemed to have transferred his estate and interest in the land to the purchaser without consideration upon the registration by the Registrar of the transfers of all the flats in the development and the Registrar shall enter a notification of the vesting of the land in the purchaser on the land-register."

In plain English, it means that the owner of the FH land from which a 999-year LH project was carved will have to surrender the full rights to the land to the purchaser in the collective sale.

There have been several landmark cases where the FH land title holder contested the forced transfer but lost.

There is no telling whether a similar statute might be created for cases where 99-year LH is carved out of a FH land title.
    FEO is not tt dumb. It must have been v sure tt it has an iron grip on e FH land. If not it would have sold it as FH n not 99LH which will lower e price n appeal.