Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bliss @ Kovan (D19, Freehold, BBR Kovan Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    I am also considering. Judging by the caveats lodged the sold units should be around 80-90ish by now. Advertisements is roughly once fortnightly they don't seem to be in a hurry. Also no substantial discounts haha. You can go BBR or LOok Architect websites to get more info on the past projects and some architecture pictures. Should be BBR's 4th project by now, they dabbled in 2 high end projects recently according to their brochures. The developer is also contractor to build flats for HDB. Psf wise agree is high for the area but looks like kovan residences subsale prices is catching up and you can watch out for naung residences see what price they will launch at.
    Btw as for the cost of the marbles I think it amounts to not more than 1% of the unit's price nia. Any particular stack you are looking at?
    I like the stacks that are facing the da silva road. the pool facing units most probably will be noisy esp since the master room are pool facing. the units facing lowland will be facing west sun. Seems like the good units are all gone.

For such a small development if the developer start building mid this year. It should be completed by the end of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Writ
    I like the stacks that are facing the da silva road. the pool facing units most probably will be noisy esp since the master room are pool facing. the units facing lowland will be facing west sun. Seems like the good units are all gone.

For such a small development if the developer start building mid this year. It should be completed by the end of next year.
    They have to wait till the tenants move out of Goodrich, tear it down before building from scratch. Can be so fast meh? If so fast can change name to Blitz@kovan.

They have to wait till the tenants move out of Goodrich, tear it down before building from scratch. Can be so fast meh? If so fast can change name to Blitz@kovan.
    Haha, lol. I estimated from this articles posted in propertyguru on july 13 2010.

BBR Holdings intends to buy a parcel of freehold land for S$86 million at Simon Lane, located close to Serangoon Gardens.

The mainboard-listed company said it plans to develop a low-rise condominium project on the site, which currently houses Goodrich Park Condominium.

Under the URA 2008 Master Plan, the site, which measures more than 9,000 sq m, is zoned for residential development with a gross plot ratio of 1.4 and an allowable height of up to five storeys.

Based on its plot ratio, the cost of the land works out to around S$629 psf ppr, said the company.

By including a further ten percent of balcony gross floor area, the cost will be around S$572 psf ppr.

Development charges are not payable for the site’s redevelopment, said BBR.

BBR plans to develop a five-storey condo that comprises approximately 120 units of around 1,200 sq ft each, scheduled to be completed by end-2011.

its posted on july 13 2010, so the developer estimated that it will take 1 and a half year. And that include marketing and all that.

Trevista is a high rise building that took 2 years to complete. Buyers can move in 1 years before the estimated top stated in the brochure.

Which stack are you interested in? any other condo that you are looking at?

Haha, lol. I estimated from this articles posted in propertyguru on july 13 2010.

BBR Holdings intends to buy a parcel of freehold land for S$86 million at Simon Lane, located close to Serangoon Gardens.

The mainboard-listed company said it plans to develop a low-rise condominium project on the site, which currently houses Goodrich Park Condominium.

Under the URA 2008 Master Plan, the site, which measures more than 9,000 sq m, is zoned for residential development with a gross plot ratio of 1.4 and an allowable height of up to five storeys.

Based on its plot ratio, the cost of the land works out to around S$629 psf ppr, said the company.

By including a further ten percent of balcony gross floor area, the cost will be around S$572 psf ppr.

Development charges are not payable for the site’s redevelopment, said BBR.

BBR plans to develop a five-storey condo that comprises approximately 120 units of around 1,200 sq ft each, scheduled to be completed by end-2011.

its posted on july 13 2010, so the developer estimated that it will take 1 and a half year. And that include marketing and all that.

Trevista is a high rise building that took 2 years to complete. Buyers can move in 1 years before the estimated top stated in the brochure.

Which stack are you interested in? any other condo that you are looking at?
    Wow you are eagle eye! Looking for 2 bedder but looks like not much choice left. Maybe wait for Naung Residences.

Wow you are eagle eye! Looking for 2 bedder but looks like not much choice left. Maybe wait for Naung Residences.
    http://www.theedgesingapore.com/the-...e-for-86m.html

Looks like its launch date not completion date. Lol

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/the-...e-for-86m.html

Looks like its launch date not completion date. Lol
    wow. now it makes sense.

from my research, Look architect is incharge of architecture, suying is in charge of ID, Ong & Ong architect is in charge of landscape.

Im curious about whether is ong & ong really involve.

You know?

wow. now it makes sense.

from my research, Look architect is incharge of architecture, suying is in charge of ID, Ong & Ong architect is in charge of landscape.

Im curious about whether is ong & ong really involve.

You know?
    I think O&O is in charge of landscaping based on what I read. Bliss had quite substantial elevation if you look at the architect's elevation diagram the ground floor starts roughly 2.1m from the road level of Simon lane. However agent claimed 1.5m or so.

Naung Residences psf is higher than Bliss is'nt it?

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement

this project is 98 sold according to somewhere in the announcement above.

Seriously, I been to the showflat and I think the surroundings is quite crap. Saw a lot of china men walking about.

agree that the surrounding area not that desirable.... for now.

but who knows what that'll be in 5 yrs time? the whole area being rebuilt into luxury condos right? so the demographics will change in time too.

but with development comes congestion and all the rest...... kovan is already getting super congested, eating places have long queues, mrt station is always crowded, etc...etc.... can kovan take any further population increase without additional investment in infrastructure?

Heartland Mall needs an upgrade. Maybe a 8 to 10 storey mall...

Wonder how long will that be with so many planning of new estate building up nowadays at other area and will they bother much about small area here. Anyway they will had though this area already had a mall same as sembawang and KIV till years and years ......

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage

Quote Originally Posted by helloworld99
    Seriously, I been to the showflat and I think the surroundings is quite crap. Saw a lot of china men walking about.
    There was a news article today on ST about a swimming pool mishap at Goodrich Park which explained the presence of the foreign workers.

maybe the old shophouses along upper serangoon road will be a target of en bloc so as to cope with the increased population.

Ya tear down the two storey shophouses and built even more 5-storey high private property

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    maybe the old shophouses along upper serangoon road will be a target of en bloc so as to cope with the increased population.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Heartland mall upgrade will be 心地善良。It looked very dated now but that lot is probably capped at GPR 1.4.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhead
    agree that the surrounding area not that desirable.... for now.

but who knows what that'll be in 5 yrs time? the whole area being rebuilt into luxury condos right? so the demographics will change in time too.

but with development comes congestion and all the rest...... kovan is already getting super congested, eating places have long queues, mrt station is always crowded, etc...etc.... can kovan take any further population increase without additional investment in infrastructure?
    What else can be done to ease the congestion along upp serangoon? Extend the viaduct further?

What else can be done to ease the congestion along upp serangoon? Extend the viaduct further?
    E R P

Demolition was supposed to commence end of the month, unfortunately one foreign construction worker died in Goodrich Park swimming pool, according to today's news.

oh, they are starting work by the end of this month? will the case delay the start of the construction?

oh, they are starting work by the end of this month? will the case delay the start of the construction?
    Don't think it will cause delay. Developer had stopped their regular advertisements In the papers already, who knows, maybe they will really start construction soon.

understand that delay in construction is due to poor sales. now with this unfortunte mishap of dead body in pool, my friend planning to sell his unit. seems the developer rented out the whole block to earn more money whilst waiting for sales to increase. so unlucky cos the chinese drunkard foreign worker only checked into his rented unit not even half day fell into the pool & died.

he drown and died in the pool? I tot he died in the hospital.

he drown and died in the pool? I tot he died in the hospital.
    To quote the newspaper: "the worker is believed to have been still breathing when he emerged from the water ..."And he died in the hospital eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    understand that delay in construction is due to poor sales. now with this unfortunte mishap of dead body in pool, my friend planning to sell his unit. seems the developer rented out the whole block to earn more money whilst waiting for sales to increase. so unlucky cos the chinese drunkard foreign worker only checked into his rented unit not even half day fell into the pool & died.
    Your friend will have to overcome the 16% SSD to break even if sell now.
    Last edited by Kanarazu; 16-06-12 at 16:39.

It will be silly to sell at a loss just coz of pantang. I will buy over. Come come. 20% discount off purchase price ok?

Look like they are going to delay the construction to at least another month. The poor guy just move into the old condo.

any body have any info about the piece of land at simon road. I heard it is launching soon.

any body have any info about the piece of land at simon road. I heard it is launching soon.
    Probably late this year or early next year since the land was bought early this year. I suppose time is require to plan right? This is LH land you are aware right? Take note Kovan Road will be extended into Florence road as well.