Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Property measures: Why industry players were not consulted

Default Property measures: Why industry players were not consulted

Gahmen never consult for CMs...., & they will never...REDAS can shut down.., toothless

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_743008.html
    Property measures: Why industry players were not consulted

The National Development Ministry (MND) has responded to criticism from the main real estate developers body about the lack of consultation with industry players over the measures, explaining they were market-sensitive.

The ministry told The Straits Times on Thursday that 'it is not possible for the Government to conduct direct consultations with industry players before implementing demand measures as these are market-sensitive'.

But the Government monitors the market closely and has regular dialogues with various stakeholders in the property market, a spokesman said.

These include developers, property consultants, market analysts and real estate agents. The input from these discussions is factored into its policy formulation, he added...

Consult them only to let them lobby for a more business friendly outcome? I think they did the right thing, so that it levels to playing field between developers and home buyers, because there might always be this element of surprise. In terms of the measure, I'm a little mixed as to whether it addresses the root problem or its more of a symptomatic treatment.

Why REDAS complain?
    minor stuff like ABSD no need consultation.

Only Major stuff like accurate representation of showflat etc then need months of consultation, till no news yet. .
    URA, MND know their priorities ok.

this measures slams singkies more den protecting and protect foreigners .....hahahaha

wat we want is pricing and brochure avail b4 launch, real actual showflat size without alteration, no big ac ledge etc....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    this measures slams singkies more den protecting and protect foreigners .....hahahaha

wat we want is pricing and brochure avail b4 launch, real actual showflat size without alteration, no big ac ledge etc....
    Honey, I shrunk the built in and upsize the Aircon ledges and balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Honey, I shrunk the built in and upsize the Aircon ledges and balconies.
    Aircon ledges shld not be part of GFA but regulated by another set of construction code. In this way, developers will be forced to optimise the design and space.

Why should the Government consult them? The chief of Redas is CEO of SC global. They will be working towards their self interest only.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Gahmen never consult for CMs...., & they will never...REDAS can shut down.., toothless

The National Development Ministry (MND) has responded to criticism from the main real estate developers body about the lack of consultation with industry players over the measures, explaining they were market-sensitive.

The ministry told The Straits Times on Thursday that 'it is not possible for the Government to conduct direct consultations with industry players before implementing demand measures as these are market-sensitive'.

But the Government monitors the market closely and has regular dialogues with various stakeholders in the property market, a spokesman said.

These include developers, property consultants, market analysts and real estate agents. The input from these discussions is factored into its policy formulation, he added...

these associations are just business lobbyists. Govt shld never bow to them, otherwise there is a conflict of public interest.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    these associations are just business lobbyists. Govt shld never bow to them, otherwise there is a conflict of public interest.
    Hear hear...

I heard a REDAS dinner is coming up and the usual VVIP invite is you know who. Talk about awkard silence.

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    I heard a REDAS dinner is coming up and the usual VVIP invite is you know who. Talk about awkard silence.
    Talk about anything except property measures.. heh.

Now there's a real piece of irony.

No show maybe? Hahaha... no silence lah... reporters will be present to interview VVIP and REDAS rep and stage a debate with the following motion: Govt should consult REDAS for all housing related matters.

How come only consult Redas? Must ask the people, and they'll ask for $200k 5 room HDB flat.

How come only consult Redas? Must ask the people, and they'll ask for $200k 5 room HDB flat.
    whahahaha

actually govt no nid to consult redas at all.....

i tink mabe this latest CM tharman also nvr consult KBW? who knows? whahahaha

Have lah, they saw a tsunami of funds coming in so they build huge flood walls around the residential property sector.

Have lah, they saw a tsunami of funds coming in so they build huge flood walls around the residential property sector.
    ??? y u so sure tharman consulted KBW?

KBW really know how to keep his distance away from the big wigs of redas.

thank you for your lunch...but I am not sucker.

somehow it makes me wonder if during MBT time, MND have always consult REDAS before implementing these cooling measures?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    somehow it makes me wonder if during MBT time, MND have always consult REDAS before implementing these cooling measures?
    tis time round MAS not MND la

wah the shape like bukit brown, more land coming.

??? y u so sure tharman consulted KBW?
    Have lah. It's my pure guess but for something so sensitive. I cannot imagine no word was shared.

tis time round MAS not MND la
    Source please.

Quote Originally Posted by land118

maybe govt also reading our forum...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Why REDAS complain?
    minor stuff like ABSD no need consultation.

Only Major stuff like accurate representation of showflat etc then need months of consultation, till no news yet. .
    URA, MND know their priorities ok.
    I think that's the obvious reason. That's months. By then already past schedule.

how to get them to come up with implementation. Working speed still same old typical slow mo yet can kpkb and keep their job

Thumbs up

Have lah. It's my pure guess but for something so sensitive. I cannot imagine no word was shared.
    yeah they can tell you but thenthey have to kill you

in the past MBT always consult industry players lor...then see what happened? in the end got voted out.

now they consult HDB dwellers, who make up 80% of the population -- these are the 'real' players who will ensure KBW can keep his job.

Actually very good. More gahmen intervention to bring down crazy sky high prices in the super red hot but totally unsustainable property sector very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Actually very good. More gahmen intervention to bring down crazy sky high prices in the super red hot but totally unsustainable property sector very welcome!
    U tink govt want to see how many % drop in px?

U tink govt want to see how many % drop in px?
    At least a minimum of 30% to win back some votes