Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

55 units left as of end of July

49 units sold in July

highest psf 1262, median 1,107
    Ride at your own risk !!!

84% sold, UOL can just sit down and relax in the massive showroom, but kudos to them for pumping in $ and effort to renovate the 1/2BR showflat.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    84% sold, UOL can just sit down and relax in the massive showroom, but kudos to them for pumping in $ and effort to renovate the 1/2BR showflat.
    I think they overpaid Thomson so 无心恋战 here, just want to get rid asap to improve cash flow

How far is eCO from Archi ?

Quote Originally Posted by fiyo
    How far is eCO from Archi ?
    Driving takes about 8-10 min if u factor in the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Driving takes about 8-10 min if u factor in the traffic.

Ok in this case, the price of eCO will probably have some effects on Archi.

Need some opinions here. Patio unit a better buy or 2nd floor unit a better buy for investment point of view? Difference is about 50K more for the patio unit.

By the way, anyone know of any low rise development coming up in Pasir Ris?

patio larger gross area so later can sell higher psf and higher quantum so better

patio, at least you can plant bamboos within PES to block the noise/dust

Need some opinions here. Patio unit a better buy or 2nd floor unit a better buy for investment point of view? Difference is about 50K more for the patio unit.

By the way, anyone know of any low rise development coming up in Pasir Ris?
    Patio is nice for own stay, esp those on the slopes facing the road at Archi.. cos you wont get passer-bys staring into your unit as right after your patio is a grass patch sloping all the way down for a few metres before u hit the jogging track.

For rentals, tenants are looking more on livable space, so they may not be willing to pay u 'extra' just because u have a larger patio. I remember seeing quite a number of patio units left empty at The Trumps. I imagine that they would be harder to sell too, but i may be wrong cos no experience.

agree, patio good for own stay while waiting for capital appreciation, hard to rent out though because not many tenants appreciate patio

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Patio is nice for own stay, esp those on the slopes facing the road at Archi.. cos you wont get passer-bys staring into your unit as right after your patio is a grass patch sloping all the way down for a few metres before u hit the jogging track.

For rentals, tenants are looking more on livable space, so they may not be willing to pay u 'extra' just because u have a larger patio. I remember seeing quite a number of patio units left empty at The Trumps. I imagine that they would be harder to sell too, but i may be wrong cos no experience.
    Which side is this? To the east or west side of the row facing the road?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Which side is this? To the east or west side of the row facing the road?
    Took some photos at the sf ... this was what i meant that the front row of road-facing patio units would enjoy privacy as they are sitting on the slopes, and passer-bys would not be able to look into your units.

Most of the road-facing blocks would get to enjoy this except for the 3 right-most (east side) blocks ... as they shld be sitting on flat ground. The middle ones would be the highest.

Looking at the photo, 2nd floor also not bad. Not too high so can still hide behind some trees and not see so much road and apartments across the road.

Anyone know if this road very noisy? Single lane for each direction or double lanes? I already forgot how the area looks like cos only been there twice.

Took some photos at the sf ... this was what i meant that the front row of road-facing patio units would enjoy privacy as they are sitting on the slopes, and passer-bys would not be able to look into your units.

Most of the road-facing blocks would get to enjoy this except for the 3 right-most (east side) blocks ... as they shld be sitting on flat ground. The middle ones would be the highest.

You got photos of the inside units near the centre??

Looking at the photo, 2nd floor also not bad. Not too high so can still hide behind some trees and not see so much road and apartments across the road.
    Ya, actually this project dont need to buy higher floors cos unlike other projects, the higher floors do not give u any better views but are similarly more ex...

Am looking at the siteplan from streetdirectory, seems like most of the road facing blocks (except 503 and 501) are actually not directly facing the HDB flats. In fact there is this open area like a mini park betw them. But i think 517 and 515 are too close to the traffic junction and slip road

Attachment 4395

You got photos of the inside units near the centre??
    Yes yes, I have one ... can you spot your own unit in this pic?

The road is dual lanes for each direction... but towards the junction i think split into 3 lanes excluding the slip roads... so i think can be quite noisy esp near the junction

Attachment 4396
    Last edited by zeamybro; 16-08-12 at 22:22.

Yes yes, I have one ... can you spot your own unit in this pic?

The road is dual lanes for each direction... but towards the junction i think split into 3 lanes excluding the slip roads... so i think can be quite noisy esp near the junction
    Thanks for posting the picture.

My unit is in the blocks that they never put in lah. So can't see.

2nd / 3rd floor units and patio unit all quite limited stacks to choose from now.

Headache. Now kena arrow to help make a decision.

Buy 2nd floor in block 515 or patio in blk 513. For rent in future. Diffence about 50K. This is not my $$ so more stressful but since it's immediate family member also cannot act blurr and keep quite.

I suggested that a decision has to be made fast as this project is almost selling out and wait some more, again no need to buy liao, especially after eCO launches.

Later when build ... ... ??? ... ... ???

What would you bros advise???

Buy 2nd floor in block 515 or patio in blk 513. For rent in future. Diffence about 50K. This is not my $$ so more stressful but since it's immediate family member also cannot act blurr and keep quite.

I suggested that a decision has to be made fast as this project is almost selling out and wait some more, again no need to buy liao, especially after eCO launches.

Ground floor unit... cannot sleep with windows open....
    will go for second storey.... use the 50k extra for renovation.... will beat the ground floor unit for rental anytime.

having said the above.... I wouldn't give financial advise to friends and family... give good advise, nobody will thank you... give bad advise, they will blame you forever..... what's good about this forum is that it's anonymous and there are already nutcases giving nutty advise anyway...

Patio. It gives you the landed feel.

If it's for rent, definitely go for the cheapest unit. The difference in rental is not going to alot. Maybe 200-300 dollars difference?

If you divide 50k/300, its going to take 166 months to make up the difference. If it's 50k/200, its going to take 250 months to make up the difference.

for investment/rent ... go for cheapest, if market crash, they will blame you less

I think no right or wrong decision, cos each type will have its own appeal to diff grps of ppl.. Ask your relatives to go down to see the model, they will hav a better feel to make the decision.

Advice from a friend - When buying a unit, even if its for rental, always go for one that you yourself would want to live in it. Dont go for a cheap one when you yourself dont even feel like staying in...

I think no right or wrong decision, cos each type will have its own appeal to diff grps of ppl.. Ask your relatives to go down to see the model, they will hav a better feel to make the decision.

Advice from a friend - When buying a unit, even if its for rental, always go for one that you yourself would want to live in it. Dont go for a cheap one when you yourself dont even feel like staying in...
    Agree. So I don't try to push my ideas across just state facts. Even if more expensive, if it's the choice unit sure willing to pay more. But if not then there will always be that feeling of regret even if cheaper.

772 Bedok Reservoir View 06 to 10 115.00
    Premium Apartment 2000 $585,000.00 Jul 2012

Bedok 629 11 to 15 139.00
    Model A 1993 $600,000.00 May 201

Bedok reservoir view hdbs will increase to at least 650-700k once MRT is up as it is is relatively new (2000+), the 62X HDBs should increase in value too near Archi

it will support the condos around Bedok Reservoir

the good news is of course the new Bedok mall to open at Q4 2013 ... as big as Bishan 8 ... and every 1 minute there one bus from Bedok Res Road to the mall next time

the good news is of course the new Bedok mall to open at Q4 2013 ... as big as Bishan 8 ... and every 1 minute there one bus from Bedok Res Road to the mall next time[/quote]

How far is the new Bedok Mall from Archi?

the good news is of course the new Bedok mall to open at Q4 2013 ... as big as Bishan 8 ... and every 1 minute there one bus from Bedok Res Road to the mall next time
    How far is the new Bedok Mall from Archi?[/QUOTE]

you can cycle may be about 2.5km

How far is the new Bedok Mall from Archi?[/QUOTE]

If u go buy bedok north side, shld be around 4 bus stops away... Go by waterfront side would be around 6 to 7 bus stops