Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1137

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Any kind souls went there and took photos? Long time didn't see the updated progress le... :P

Blocks seem to be quite close hor, for those pool facing ones... wonder if it would be too close for comfort.. haha! distance is 25m for closest blocks? from balcony to balcony?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy
    Hi Zeamybro, why didnt you proceed? Is it the cost?
    Hi fairy, the quote was reasonable but I didn't really like the choice of the marble used. Plus I was having a bad experience with marble on another unit, so decided to keep the homogeneous tiles or change to other kind of floorings upon top.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Hi fairy, the quote was reasonable but I didn't really like the choice of the marble used. Plus I was having a bad experience with marble on another unit, so decided to keep the homogeneous tiles or change to other kind of floorings upon top.
    Care to share what was the bad experience that you faced with marble?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by lbb
    Care to share what was the bad experience that you faced with marble?
    This unit has soft white marble which is very beautiful to look at. Unfortunately after 1 yr, there is this middle piece that turns orangey, plus a few other pieces having the same orange stains at the edge. Consulted the experts and they claimed it was due to moisture and rust, so I bought some expensive chemicals to treat the affected pieces. The stains were successfully removed and marble restored to original outlooks, but the stains came back a few days later again. There was no pipe running below, so I can't really figure out why.

Marble is definitely nice, but perhaps it's better to choose those colour and type which are easier to maintain. Sorry not an expert here ... So can't advice much.

Any kind souls went there and took photos? Long time didn't see the updated progress le... :P

Blocks seem to be quite close hor, for those pool facing ones... wonder if it would be too close for comfort.. haha! distance is 25m for closest blocks? from balcony to balcony?
    How can I possibly turn down a fairy's request? May the fairy bless our compound ...ya

Last edited by zeamybro; 04-05-13 at 10:35.

This unit has soft white marble which is very beautiful to look at. Unfortunately after 1 yr, there is this middle piece that turns orangey, plus a few other pieces having the same orange stains at the edge. Consulted the experts and they claimed it was due to moisture and rust, so I bought some expensive chemicals to treat the affected pieces. The stains were successfully removed and marble restored to original outlooks, but the stains came back a few days later again. There was no pipe running below, so I can't really figure out why.

Marble is definitely nice, but perhaps it's better to choose those colour and type which are easier to maintain. Sorry not an expert here ... So can't advice much.
    Got it bro, appreciate it (:

How can I possibly turn down a fairy's request? May the fairy bless our compound ...ya

You are so kind, zeamybro. Defintely will bless this compound.

Btw, have you made the 2nd payment already?

Default Construction Progress

Seems like most stacks are ready except for the center bits? By the way, I wonder how is the townhouse construction progress.

Thanks zeamybro. The progress looks good.

You are so kind, zeamybro. Defintely will bless this compound.

Btw, have you made the 2nd payment already?
    Only paid the 1st payment early last month, now calling for 2nd payment already arh. So fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Seems like most stacks are ready except for the center bits? By the way, I wonder how is the townhouse construction progress.
    Drove past, but can't really see anything. Anyone managed to take a "top down" photo of the area?

Looks a bit dense

Quote Originally Posted by panamera
    Looks a bit dense
    Hi Panamera, did you have a unit here too?

It does look quite massive, wondering if anyone has pics that shows the distance b/w blocks...

It does look quite massive, wondering if anyone has pics that shows the distance b/w blocks...
    There u go archifairy. I guess these 2 blocks should be block 505 and 529.

I did consider and studied it quite a bit but in the end gave it a pass. Like the concept tho.

There u go archifairy. I guess these 2 blocks should be block 505 and 529.

Thanks Zeamybro!! So touched..

Quote Originally Posted by panamera
    I did consider and studied it quite a bit but in the end gave it a pass. Like the concept tho.
    i c.. I juz hope it turns out alright.. considered really long before committing..

Hi all,

Been reading this forum once in a while for the past 6 months.

Thanks for contributions.

We stay in Tampines
    Made the booking in early Dec 2011, Pre-Launch.
    selected a high floor unit nearest to the town centre, facing .... err.... the hdb car park.
    Wanted a unit with the most living space, and affordable, thus the selection.
    My wife told me she loved this project, and we have waited too long, hoping for the price of private property to fall ; i was given only 2 days to decide .... i went along with her for it

Dont know if it is a sound investment, but at least it wont go very wrong based on our liking of the environment, convenience of the town centre, and there is an mrt not too far away. We wanted a place to stay for good, and conducive for my kids to grow. I would say that the park in the reservoir itself is a very nice venue for outdoor activities, and to relax and be slightly closer too nature.

I was surprised how quickly the project was sold out from mid to end of 2012. It was stagnant for a while after its launch. I guess the high prices of other projects later on, convinced buyers to return to the archi option.

Quote Originally Posted by selespeed5135
    Hi all,

We stay in Tampines
    selected a high floor unit nearest to the town centre, facing .... err.... the hdb car park.
    My wife told me she loved this project, and we have waited too long, hoping for the price of private property to fall ; i was given only 2 days to decide .... i went along with her for it

Dont know if it is a sound investment, but at least it wont go very wrong based on our liking of the environment, convenience of the town centre, and there is an mrt not too far away. We wanted a place to stay for good, and conducive for my kids to grow. I would say that the park in the reservoir itself is a very nice venue for outdoor activities, and to relax and be slightly closer too nature.

I was surprised how quickly the project was sold out from mid to end of 2012. It was stagnant for a while after its launch. I guess the high prices of other projects later on, convinced buyers to return to the archi option.

Welcome future neighbour to be!

Yes, love the nature behind the condo. Went up one day and looked down over the reservoir from the top of the little "hill" and found it was very beautiful and calming. Probably do a few picnics there once I shift in.

I was one of those that choose it in 2H 2012 because of the high prices of similar sized units in other developments nearby.

Hi all,

We stay in Tampines

Welcome! I was there during launch too but didnt commit that time.. too many units to choose from actually makes it difficult to decide (haha!) and prices was high too..

Seems you were quite determined to choose this project.. why were you given 2 days to decide? Were you not worried about buying at the peak, the slow movement after launch and the reputation of the reservoir as an attraction for the wrong reason? These were some of my concerns at that time...

Hi all,

We stay in Tampines

I rem I was at the launch too ... there wasn't much discount and prices were around 1100psf for 3br. It was quite high in Dec 2011 especially after dunno which CM not long before this launch. I think Bedok Residences had a good launch about a few weeks ago and that triggered a CM ...

Welcome! I was there during launch too but didnt commit that the timde.. too many units to choose from actually makes it difficult to decide (haha!) and prices was high too..

Seems you were quite determined to choose this project.. why were you given 2 days to decide? Were you not worried about buying at the peak, the slow movement after launch and the reputation of the reservoir as an attraction for the wrong reason? These were some of my concerns at that time...
    Hi, it wasn't me who was determined to buy, I was traveling a lot most of the time.
    My wife was pretty much sold to it. I just went along w her, since I had only 2 days to decide. So far no regrets. We committed ard 04 Dec, the CM was announced 07 Dec. Price was high, but we had already waited too long for it to fall. It's a place for us to stay, not for quick turnaround for profit.

With a place that you like, it is very difficult to be precise about what is a good price to pay for because of the emotional aspect. Just enjoy the stay most importantly.

Default Hello every one and welcome on board this forum for new bies

I just got an email from my lawyer asking payment of the further 10%.
    Will make appt next week for payment and to sign the Mortgage documents as well. Passed by archi yesterday , blk 509 started installing windows already. And blk 501 just started building up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Will make appt next week for payment and to sign the Mortgage documents as well. Passed by archi yesterday , blk 509 started installing windows already. And blk 501 just started building up.
    Sorry blk 505 just started installing windows not 509.

Anybody in this forum bought blk 535?

Hi Zeus, do we need to make appt with lawyer for payment and sign mortgage docs? thought just adjust the amount to pay based on the loan disbursed?

Hi Zeus, do we need to make appt with lawyer for payment and sign mortgage docs? thought just adjust the amount to pay based on the loan disbursed?
    For my case, yes , thats normally the practice i think, we have to make all initial cheque payment to the lawyer and the further 10% of the purchase price once the foundation is built, normally after a year. The bank will disburse half of amount and another half to be paid in cheque to the lawyer ,myself.

Yes, the signing of mortgage document also have to go thru our lawyer. Well they ask me to make an appointment with them, they need to explain the contract and all the clauses in detail, it may take times. My first appt with lawyer last year took more than 2 hours , that's including waiting time, photocopying documents by their staff, explaining and signing stacks of documents. After all, my lawyer is assigned by the UOL, in house banker UOB bank. I think it is a standard practice for private property purchase.

Hi there, not sure about that, mine is Blk 501, ground floor.

Hi there, not sure about that, mine is Blk 501, ground floor.
    Climbing up the opposite hdb to see the latest development, they just started building 501 and 503. The strata house , 531, 533 and 535 , tractors still digging to built the foundation. Once the foundation is ready it is going to be quite fast to built the rest.

Climbing up the opposite hdb to see the latest development, they just started building 501 and 503. The strata house , 531, 533 and 535 , tractors still digging to built the foundation. Once the foundation is ready it is going to be quite fast to built the rest.
    Zeus, next time you can take the lift instead of the stairs ... It will be less of a workout ...

525 - the block on slightly higher ground