Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4914192429303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1137

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy
    I'm living in Bedok too

Actually not so surprising.. think it's the effects of the large nos of ppl "jumping" into the reservoir, high prices at that point of time, the effect of CM of additional 10% (?) for foreigners.. I think the midgets problem might have some effect too...

But somehow the units seem to move very fast towards the 2nd half of last year...
    My decision was made in consideration of the higher prices of the other condos around the area, e.g. the Waterfront Series and those in Tanah Merah, and they didn't have the reservoir and shorter drive to PIE.

Hope no more bad news in the area and also hoping the government coming up with solution for the midgets.

I saw that they put up nettings around the reservoir. Does it reduce the amount of Midgets flying towards the residential areas?

Maybe we should start up a Facebook Group for Owners? Anybody have experience doing that?

I wonder if Archipelago will come under the new ruling by IDA to provide a fiber point and ethernet point in all rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    I wonder if Archipelago will come under the new ruling by IDA to provide a fiber point and ethernet point in all rooms?
    I don't know about fiber point, but there is a data point in each room, as stated in the S&P. I assume that means Ethernet point? This is in a seperate column in the table provided in the S&P, and in addition to the Cable TV point and Telephone point which were also mentioned seperately.

Does anyone know the ceiling height for the patio units? Thanks!

Does anyone know the ceiling height for the patio units? Thanks!
    Grond floor is 3.4m height, above is 2.9m.

Just ask, anybody know where is the location of the rubbish dump as the floor plan book didn't specify?

Default Hello Fairy,

Hi Zeus,

Finally this thread is more active... think most of the ppl who bought this place don't really read forums :P

Looks like you have got a nice quiet corner there.

Do you now live in Bedok area as well? How about you too, Benedict?
    Hello Fairy, yes i'm living in Bedok, near central MRT, opposite my block is Bedok Residence, which is under construction, as well. I think most of the buyers of Archi are from Bedok or in east area.

I like to thank the person who had made an extra effort to take picture of the development from the opposite hdb blk and to update the photos of the project regularly, thank you very much sir. The updated picture really helps a lot and make it so much easier for us, who are always wanting to know on the speed development of the construction site. Well it seems tremendously fast, when i signed the document and bought it 4 April 2012, and went outside to look at surrounding area from the hill top, there was barely nothing at all, just some bushes, an empty plot of land and a few tractors. Now a year on, April 2013 . Wow, u can see for your self.

Quote Originally Posted by tria123
    Just ask, anybody know where is the location of the rubbish dump as the floor plan book didn't specify?
    I remember its on the right of block 501. Block 501 and 503 are on level ground, and there is a small road in front of the ground floor road facing units... Mabbe that's the road access to the rubbish dump

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    I remember its on the right of block 501. Block 501 and 503 are on level ground, and there is a small road in front of the ground floor road facing units... Mabbe that's the road access to the rubbish dump
    Took a pic of the show model. Rubbish dump should be the small building covered in greens. Looks neat .. So I guess it doesn't really matter la. in fact the small road in front makes it v convenient for the occupants to load or unload bulky stuffs...

Let me know if anyone wants more pics of the show model, cos I took quite a few then

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Hello Fairy, yes i'm living in Bedok, near central MRT, opposite my block is Bedok Residence, which is under construction, as well. I think most of the buyers of Archi are from Bedok or in east area.

I like to thank the person who had made an extra effort to take picture of the development from the opposite hdb blk and to update the photos of the project regularly, thank you very much sir. The updated picture really helps a lot and make it so much easier for us, who are always wanting to know on the speed development of the construction site. Well it seems tremendously fast, when i signed the document and bought it 4 April 2012, and went outside to look at surrounding area from the hill top, there was barely nothing at all, just some bushes, an empty plot of land and a few tractors. Now a year on, April 2013 . Wow, u can see for your self.
    You are welcome Zeus .. Think bro bakasa took quite a number of pics for us too. You can return me a favour by taking pics of Bedok residences progress haha...

Oh ya, I think i signed my S&P on the same day as you on 4th April 2012 ... What a coincidence!

Smile Model photos

Took a pic of the show model. Rubbish dump should be the small building covered in greens. Looks neat .. So I guess it doesn't really matter la. in fact the small road in front makes it v convenient for the occupants to load or unload bulky stuffs...

Let me know if anyone wants more pics of the show model, cos I took quite a few then

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've bought a unit too and am excited about the development. Not sure if construction will be curtailed by the foreign labour crunch this year. Also, I was wondering if it's possible to change some of the fixtures given by UOL. I've emailed UOL but they completely ignored my enquiry

Can zeamybro share more model pics? I did not snap any photo when I was at the showroom so now I'm left with little memory of how the development would turn out to be

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've bought a unit too and am excited about the development. Not sure if construction will be curtailed by the foreign labour crunch this year. Also, I was wondering if it's possible to change some of the fixtures given by UOL. I've emailed UOL but they completely ignored my enquiry

Can zeamybro share more model pics? I did not snap any photo when I was at the showroom so now I'm left with little memory of how the development would turn out to be

Thanks!
    You can call up UOL directly. The right procedure should be getting your lawyer to write in your request officially to their lawyer, and they will respond accordingly. They may or may not entertain your request.

Ok, I will try to share more model pics. Any stacks in particular you want to see?

Default Model pics

Thanks zeamybro! Can you share stack 40 pics? By the way do I have to pay my lawyer to write the letter of request?

Thanks zeamybro! Can you share stack 40 pics? By the way do I have to pay my lawyer to write the letter of request?
    Depends on law firms, but usually they don't charge.

Ok here are some pics of stack 40 / Blk 515

hello - anyone have the pictures of block 525

please post thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    hello - anyone have the pictures of block 525

please post thanks
    They didn't include blk 525 in the show model

Default Great model pics

Wow zeamybro you must have taken a lot of photos there. I thought phototaking is not allowed so I didn't even take any. Thanks so much!

Default Roof tops

I realised the blocks facing the road are topped with water tanks while the rest have nice curvy brown tops...

I realise that all ground floor units have some covering above in the form of the brown wooden trellis. Do you think there will be some plastic covering on top of the trellis to provide shelter from falling objects and rain?

Thanks!
    Welcome!

I tried to request for changes but it wasnt very well-entertained... I cant really recall as it was some time back but there are definitely charges involved. In the end, did not change anything.. anyone managed to make any changes?

I tried to request for changes but it wasnt very well-entertained... I cant really recall as it was some time back but there are definitely charges involved. In the end, did not change anything.. anyone managed to make any changes?
    I email the developer few months ago, the reply is they no longer allow custom change regarding flooring due to previous have cases cause the delay of the construction progress.

Quote Originally Posted by benedictlimcw
    I realise that all ground floor units have some covering above in the form of the brown wooden trellis. Do you think there will be some plastic covering on top of the trellis to provide shelter from falling objects and rain?

Welcome!
    Not too sure about Archi, but in most cases, you'll install the covering yourself. The installation depends on the Management Commitee. Most condos will allow you to install a PVC covering on the trellis. There'll be guidelines as to colour (usually clear only) and size.

You may have to agree to clean the trellis when it gets dirty/debris gets trapped on it, as part of the conditions for installation. The MC will ensure you clean it up. I'm familiar because one of my units is a 2nd floor with a patio unit beneath it.

Hope that helps.

I agree they weren't very receptive to changes... Unlike what my agent had initially said prior to sale...

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Not too sure about Archi, but in most cases, you'll install the covering yourself. The installation depends on the Management Commitee. Most condos will allow you to install a PVC covering on the trellis. There'll be guidelines as to colour (usually clear only) and size.

You may have to agree to clean the trellis when it gets dirty/debris gets trapped on it, as part of the conditions for installation. The MC will ensure you clean it up. I'm familiar because one of my units is a 2nd floor with a patio unit beneath it.

Hope that helps.
    Guess will have to see how it turns out before deciding what to do. Gotta wait 2+ more years.

I agree they weren't very receptive to changes... Unlike what my agent had initially said prior to sale...
    Anyone had experience with UOL about their receptiveness to changes? Had thought that it is normally unlikely that developers would want to cater to individual units changes as it is hard to monitor such changes.

Default Top date

Hi Benedict, you mentioned 2+ more years to go? I thought I saw someone put on forum that uol estimates top to be on end 2014?

Hi Benedict, you mentioned 2+ more years to go? I thought I saw someone put on forum that uol estimates top to be on end 2014?
    I think it is est. to TOP at end of 2014, but not sure if really can..

Anyone has updated pics of progress??

UOL actually accepted my request to change from homogeneous tiles to marble, with a top up of a few k. I sent in my request through the lawyer. That was in mid 2012 I think.... Eventually I didn't proceed though

I am just tapering my expectations. From the progress, it doesn't seem like it would be possible. But who knows? Pray for the best, but moderate expectation.

UOL actually accepted my request to change from homogeneous tiles to marble, with a top up of a few k. I sent in my request through the lawyer. That was in mid 2012 I think.... Eventually I didn't proceed though
    Hi Zeamybro, why didnt you proceed? Is it the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by benedictlimcw
    I am just tapering my expectations. From the progress, it doesn't seem like it would be possible. But who knows? Pray for the best, but moderate expectation.
    Tt's a good way to manage our own expectations