Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3813182328293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Bank just disbursed the next 10%.

It's coming along well...
    Congrats. Pass by the site, it seems to be progressing really well...

I received news that Mr B. Goh, the property agent who sold me my archipelago unit, has passed away peacefully.

Thank you for your time and effort in making my transaction a smooth and pleasant one. R.I.P

Anyone has any updated photos of the Construction progress?

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    I received news that Mr B. Goh, the property agent who sold me my archipelago unit, has passed away peacefully.

Thank you for your time and effort in making my transaction a smooth and pleasant one. R.I.P

OMG, rest in peace....

Bless his soul...

Quote Originally Posted by benedictlimcw
    I pass by there almost daily, progress look good. uOL estimate top 4Q nx yr but I suspect it be later.

Benedict, did u buy a unit there?

Took a walk at the park and these are the photos ...

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    I pass by there almost daily, progress look good. uOL estimate top 4Q nx yr but I suspect it be later.

Benedict, did u buy a unit there?
    Yeap! Hope it is all I imagined it to be

Thanks for the photos! You got a unit there too?

I also doubt the TOP can be next year. Still long way more to go ...

Must give face to your maiden post ...

Must give face to your maiden post ...
    Thank you for the photos! You stay across?

Thank you for the photos! You stay across?
    Haha no la, just went there to take photos in response to your request

Red face

Hi fellow owners,

I'm a newbie, bought a unit at Archi too.. Benedict, which type of unit did you buy, facing? How about you, Zeamybro? can't wait for it to TOP, hopefully in time for CNY2015!

some (premium) units have pocket reservoir view through the trees ... if the tree grows and grows then no view
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Lightbulb

The selling point of this project was never really on having reservoir views (nothing fantastic abt seeing reservoir anyway). It's about being close to the nature, or rather, facing or sitted directly next to the greeneries ... A condo within the park

just pray the midget swarm don't appear again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy
    Hi fellow owners,

I'm a newbie, bought a unit at Archi too.. Benedict, which type of unit did you buy, facing? How about you, Zeamybro? can't wait for it to TOP, hopefully in time for CNY2015!
    Mine's facing inwards. One of the ground floor units. Hopefully with just 4 households above me, there will be lower probability of accidental litter.

How about you?

The selling point of this project was never really on having reservoir views (nothing fantastic abt seeing reservoir anyway). It's about being close to the nature, or rather, facing or sitted directly next to the greeneries ... A condo within the park
    Well, if you want the view, just walk behind and go up the hill. The view is really breath-taking. Need to buy myself a picnic mat once I shift in ... can have weekend picnics there

Thanks for the Photo zeamybro.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt
    just pray the midget swarm don't appear again.
    Hopefully by time Archi TOP, the "study" is completed and they will know the cause of the midget problems and be able to tackle the issue.

Mine's facing inwards. One of the ground floor units. Hopefully with just 4 households above me, there will be lower probability of accidental litter.

How about you?

Well, if you want the view, just walk behind and go up the hill. The view is really breath-taking. Need to buy myself a picnic mat once I shift in ... can have weekend picnics there

Thanks for the Photo zeamybro.
    My unit is inward facing too, not ground floor though. Kind of regret not getting a patio unit :P but a bit apprehensive about the privacy and security part .. when did you get your unit? When I was choosing my unit, I think there wasnt any pool facing patio units left le.. Do you stay nearby in Bedok? What makes you choose a unit here? Hehe.. it's actually a bit off the main places compared to those at Tanah Merah and much more expensive than those in Tampines..

Thanks zeamybro, progress looks good!

My unit is inward facing too, not ground floor though. Kind of regret not getting a patio unit :P but a bit apprehensive about the privacy and security part .. when did you get your unit? When I was choosing my unit, I think there wasnt any pool facing patio units left le.. Do you stay nearby in Bedok? What makes you choose a unit here? Hehe.. it's actually a bit off the main places compared to those at Tanah Merah and much more expensive than those in Tampines..

Thanks zeamybro, progress looks good!
    Exactly because of the privacy issue that I did not choose those facing the pool. Ground floor units only viable if there aren't many units above (like those in boutique apartments, max 5 floors like Archi). So when I saw Archi selling them, I bee-lined for them. Lucky to still manage to get one as I only bought it around August last year. Most of the choice units already taken up.

As to why I choose it, because it was much cheaper than similar sized units around, like Tanah Merah, WFW and WFK, and without a bomb shelter and no bay windows. And with the upcoming DTL, it would be pretty convenient for my kids and even me, since I work in a company very close to one of the DTL stations. Can consider selling my car then

As for the security, probably have to put in place cameras, motion detectors and lighting. I'm sure the condo will also have ample security which should also mitigate the security risks.

Wonder with the new rules about PES being part of the 10% bonus GFA, would my unit be worth more in future?
    Last edited by benedictlimcw; 09-04-13 at 15:33. Reason: Paragraphing out

I think you made right choice getting a ground floor unit Not facing pool? Then you must be facing the strate houses, I believe.. ? :P

You only bought in Aug? I bought in May, maybe I wasnt focusing on the patio units thus didnt take note of them.

I think with the new ruling, ground units like Archi with a relatively big PES should be in good demand.. Feels like living in a landed

The downtown line is a bonus. But have you tried walking the distance though?

I think you made right choice getting a ground floor unit Not facing pool? Then you must be facing the strate houses, I believe.. ? :P

You only bought in Aug? I bought in May, maybe I wasnt focusing on the patio units thus didnt take note of them.

I think with the new ruling, ground units like Archi with a relatively big PES should be in good demand.. Feels like living in a landed

The downtown line is a bonus. But have you tried walking the distance though?
    Not yet. But I'm guessing it is at least 500m from the main entrance?

Not yet. But I'm guessing it is at least 500m from the main entrance?
    Did some agaration last time ...

Direct from main entrance
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...7&d=1336834651

Detour along main road using shelter
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...6&d=1336833692

Default Hello to all my future neighbors.

I am Zeus, new here, I bought a unit on April last year, ground floor with patio, corner unit facing inwards the strata house, i guess that block will be one of the last to be built. Sigh! Time seems to past so slow for me, at least 2 more years of waiting.

Did some agaration last time ...

Direct from main entrance
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...7&d=1336834651

Detour along main road using shelter
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...6&d=1336833692
    As my unit is at the corner of the estate, need to add another 100-150m to the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I am Zeus, new here, I bought a unit on April last year, ground floor with patio, corner unit facing inwards the strata house, i guess that block will be one of the last to be built. Sigh! Time seems to past so slow for me, at least 2 more years of waiting.
    Zeus, welcome. Your unit is at the side nearest the town center or the other side near the junior clubhouse?

Hi Benedict, to be exact the unit i bought is at Blk 501, right hand side , near to town centre , facing strata house unit 571.Whereabout the unit you bought, Ben?

There's 3 reasons why i choose this unit , firstly, it is away from the pool , preferably a more quieter and some privacy, secondly, is the size, with quite generous size of 143 sq m(1539 sq ft) for a 3 roomer ground floor with patio is quite a good deal. Lastly to be closed to nature at the Bedok water reservoir and see or touch the large trees and the unobstructed view of the whole reservoir from the top hill is breath taking, this is the best we can get here on a daily basis, when living in a concrete jungle like Spore.

Hi Zeus,

Finally this thread is more active... think most of the ppl who bought this place don't really read forums :P

Looks like you have got a nice quiet corner there.

Do you now live in Bedok area as well? How about you too, Benedict?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Hi Benedict, to be exact the unit i bought is at Blk 501, right hand side , near to town centre , facing strata house unit 571.Whereabout the unit you bought, Ben?
    Mine is at the other end, beside the junior clubhouse. Also hoping for privacy, but I think there will be noise when there are functions at that clubhouse. Praying that as time passes, less people will hold functions there.

Hi Zeus,
    Do you now live in Bedok area as well? How about you too, Benedict?
    Yes, I am living in the Bedok area now. Yourself?

Hi, I also bought a 2bdr last year March, I was quite surprise at that time there still a lot of units unsold although it have been in the market for quite sometime.

I'm living in Bedok too

Actually not so surprising.. think it's the effects of the large nos of ppl "jumping" into the reservoir, high prices at that point of time, the effect of CM of additional 10% (?) for foreigners.. I think the midgets problem might have some effect too...

But somehow the units seem to move very fast towards the 2nd half of last year...