Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    Does anyone who has bought a unit here, know who I can call to request to make changes to certain fittings? I would like to know the cost of changing the kitchen top to granite. Thanks!
    oh that's a good idea... never knew they can do that. agree that granite will be so much better.. the solid surface worktop in the showflat is already scratched very badly. very unsightly.

Quartz work top is better. Granite is porous, liquid can seep inside the material. Quartz is non-porous. It would be better for you to source your own work top. If you leave it to the developer, they will give you what's most convenient and probably the cheapest.

Didn't notice the worktop in the showroom. Are they giving the same material for all the different size types? Was told that flooring is different for 3 bedder and up.

Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    Does anyone who has bought a unit here, know who I can call to request to make changes to certain fittings? I would like to know the cost of changing the kitchen top to granite. Thanks!
    bro, u bought? I heard u can email developer to ask them to check. I am not vested

Just recv and update that he 1/2Br showflat is not ready yet, shld only be up in mid or late June

Quote Originally Posted by fiyo
    Didn't notice the worktop in the showroom. Are they giving the same material for all the different size types? Was told that flooring is different for 3 bedder and up.
    worktop for 3bdr is black in colour and 4bdr is white, but basically I believe they are all solid surface. If I rem correctly, the 5bdr showflat which they have torn down to make way for 1/2bdr, they use wooden worktop, not sure how it compare to granite/quartz but it looks expensive.

For flooring 3 bdr and above be marble and timber strip flooring, except utility n common bath. Common bath looks and feel like marble flooring but it is actually homogenous tiles.

Pardon the picture I took w my iPhone. :P
    Last edited by bakasa2002; 09-06-12 at 11:49.

Personally i dont really find UOL's finishings fantastic but i thought they are slightly above average and decent.

But during my last visit to the showflat, the solid dining top did really WOW me. I thought it looks great, but i dint know it has many scratches (as what one of the bro here has mentioned)

Attachment 4242

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Personally i dont really find UOL's finishings fantastic but i thought they are slightly above average and decent.

But during my last visit to the showflat, the solid dining top did really WOW me. I thought it looks great, but i dint know it has many scratches (as what one of the bro here has mentioned)

Attachment 4242
    Scratches notwithstanding, is this kind of shape design practical? The liquids that spill and track downwards over the sides, it slants inwards to the supporting structure? How you gonna clean the inside joint?

Attachment 4242
    Solid surfaces of any kind are prone to scratch, just that if u use dark solid color, they are more visible than say solid white and they are not able to withstand heat as well as natural stones but adv are they are non-porous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Scratches notwithstanding, is this kind of shape design practical? The liquids that spill and track downwards over the sides, it slants inwards to the supporting structure? How you gonna clean the inside joint?
    Good point, if I buy I let u know how I clean ... hahahhaa ....

Brought my mum to Sheng Kee Chicken rice for lunch, and decided to KPO a bit ... I know nuts about construction, so cant comment much on the progress....

Attachment 4256Attachment 4257Attachment 4258Attachment 4259

Brought my mum to Sheng Kee Chicken rice for lunch, and decided to KPO a bit ... I know nuts about construction, so cant comment much on the progress....

Attachment 4256Attachment 4257Attachment 4258Attachment 4259
    thks for the update, seems like quite a bit of land clearing already.

Btw, where's the nice chicken rice you talked about? :P

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    thks for the update, seems like quite a bit of land clearing already.

Btw, where's the nice chicken rice you talked about? :P
    Haha, Sheng Kee is located opp Archipelago at Blk 704, ever featured on TV, and my mum loves it. But personally I prefer 2 other chicken rice stalls around the vicinity. My fave would be Xiang Ji at Blk 630 (market fc), followed by the one near ShengShiong at Blk 739. I would rank Sheng Kee after them.

Bakasa .. i went to Tropika @ East today, the price seems reasonable for a FH, 3BR layout in my opinion is very good, quite a peaceful env esp those facing the landed properties, but then far from amenities and MRT.

Anyone know if there are still pool facing units available for 2 or 3 bedder? Doesn't matter which floor. Asking on behalf of a friend.

Anyone know if there are still pool facing units available for 2 or 3 bedder? Doesn't matter which floor. Asking on behalf of a friend.
    heard 3 bedder no more, not sure abt 2, need to get in touch w a agent.

Haha, Sheng Kee is located opp Archipelago at Blk 704, ever featured on TV, and my mum loves it. But personally I prefer 2 other chicken rice stalls around the vicinity. My fave would be Xiang Ji at Blk 630 (market fc), followed by the one near ShengShiong at Blk 739. I would rank Sheng Kee after them.

Bakasa .. i went to Tropika @ East today, the price seems reasonable for a FH, 3BR layout in my opinion is very good, quite a peaceful env esp those facing the landed properties, but then far from amenities and MRT.
    Thks for the update, will try one day if I am nearby. Tropika East looks interesting but have not get a chance to visit yet. What's the prices there after discount?

Besides the amenities n MRT, I am quite wary of the traffic at that stretch of Bedok Reservoir Rd. It makes taking buses or driving both a pain. I suspect it will be much worst when EuHabitat is completed.

Sheng Kee is fantastic!
    As I mentioned before, it is the next best thing after my grandmother's home cooked, home farmed chicken rice many years ago.

Heard xiang ji is also very good but did not have a chance to try.
    Went there on a sunday and goodness gracious...... there was a long long queue and I could hardly find any seats in the food centre.

heard 3 bedder no more, not sure abt 2, need to get in touch w a agent.
    My friend called the showroom. Heard that 2 and 3 bedder pool facing all no more.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Sheng Kee is fantastic!
    As I mentioned before, it is the next best thing after my grandmother's home cooked, home farmed chicken rice many years ago.

Heard xiang ji is also very good but did not have a chance to try.
    Went there on a sunday and goodness gracious...... there was a long long queue and I could hardly find any seats in the food centre.

If like that, must go try!

My friend called the showroom. Heard that 2 and 3 bedder pool facing all no more.
    I see, the proj almost 70% sold when I last heard, so your friend considering other non-pool facing ones?

Thks for the update, will try one day if I am nearby. Tropika East looks interesting but have not get a chance to visit yet. What's the prices there after discount?

Besides the amenities n MRT, I am quite wary of the traffic at that stretch of Bedok Reservoir Rd. It makes taking buses or driving both a pain. I suspect it will be much worst when EuHabitat is completed.
    I am not too sure on the 3BR pricing, but I was quoted $10XXpsf for a penthouse unit, so i guess the 3BR should be around $11XX-$12XX psf. It is a FH project directly next to the LH Euhabitat, selling at around the same price I think. Yeah, i agree the traffic could be a pain.

As for Chicken Rice lovers - Yeah Xiang Ji has superb chilli and rice, but i think they put too much MSG la.. The chicken (meat) of Sheng Kee is more superior though.

I am not too sure on the 3BR pricing, but I was quoted $10XXpsf for a penthouse unit, so i guess the 3BR should be around $11XX-$12XX psf. It is a FH project directly next to the LH Euhabitat, selling at around the same price I think. Yeah, i agree the traffic could be a pain.

As for Chicken Rice lovers - Yeah Xiang Ji has superb chilli and rice, but i think they put too much MSG la.. The chicken (meat) of Sheng Kee is more superior though.
    News in papers put Tropika East selling 40 of 103 units, prices for 3bdr start fr 1.3mil, not sure if discount is factor in but you are right it will be ard 1250psf for 1033sqf unit 3bdr.

Will try the chicken rice, thanks for the recommendation. Looks like Archi has left w mostly 1-2 bdr and some 3bdr facing strata hses.

I see, the proj almost 70% sold when I last heard, so your friend considering other non-pool facing ones?

Didn't mention anymore so didn't ask.

Interesting, seems like no one in the forum vested in this proj. Overpriced? Lolx!

Interesting, seems like no one in the forum vested in this proj. Overpriced? Lolx!
    Think you probably need to wait until the project is about to TOP, then u will see the owners coming here for whatever discussions...

Majority of the buyers are for own-stay, and this has been perceived as a non-HDB upgraders' project.. thats why u see most if not all of the large units have been sold out, and left with only the 1BR and 2BR ....

I think i really like this project and may consider getting a 1BR ... not expecting good rentals but prob as a weekend home or sort...

I visited the showroom and for a week I didn't get it out of my head. So we visited it again. This time I stepped out into the park.

I will never forget that moment I stepped out from the show room into the park, especially when I walked towards the jetty. It was a Sunday afternoon and grandma and kids have all disappeared to explore the park.

That was the day we vested. Told mom to move there when TOP 'cos she's in love with that place.

Yes, it's expensive but none of us could get Archi out of our heads. It would be a nightmare if we didn't get it. Just couldn't let it go.

Recommended friend but maybe off budget. Didn't hear it mentioned again so didn't ask.

I visited the showroom and for a week I didn't get it out of my head. So we visited it again. This time I stepped out into the park.

I will never forget that moment I stepped out from the show room into the park, especially when I walked towards the jetty. It was a Sunday afternoon and grandma and kids have all disappeared to explore the park.

That was the day we vested. Told mom to move there when TOP 'cos she's in love with that place.

Yes, it's expensive but none of us could get Archi out of our heads. It would be a nightmare if we didn't get it. Just couldn't let it go.

Recommended friend but maybe off budget. Didn't hear it mentioned again so didn't ask.
    Eh, no need vested also can explore park every weekend, right?

Congrats on yr purchase, it's a nice proj for own stay. Did I get a good buy? Big unit?

Eh, no need vested also can explore park every weekend, right?

Congrats on yr purchase, it's a nice proj for own stay. Did I get a good buy? Big unit?

Thanks!
    Not looking at every weekend. Looking at everyday.
    Can just push out bikes and go for a ride. Morning walks...
    already dreaming...something for everyone at home.

No good buy cos pool facing. !

Are the 1/2BR show flats up yet? I am interested to view. Quite practical for renting out as I find homogeneous tiles easy to maintain. It will save me $$$ as don't need to polish in between tenants. I like the 2BR layout but out of my budget. The 1BR doesn't have window in the bathroom though.

Thanks!
    Not looking at every weekend. Looking at everyday.
    Can just push out bikes and go for a ride. Morning walks...
    already dreaming...something for everyone at home.

No good buy cos pool facing. !
    Yeah ideal for old folks who love to go for their daily morning walks....

Pool facing is alright provided there are no screaming kids playing in the pools, lol. On the other hand, I thought it is rather spooky to face the forests, probably due to bad exp in the army, I tend not to stare into any pitch dark vegetation for more than a few seconds. Imagine u wake up in the middle of the night next to a window facing the trees, and ......:

I will go for those high floor units facing the strata, they will be higher than the strata houses and also further away from opposite facing units