Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Personally wldn't recommend getting there for rental cos' I think it will be more from temasek poly or UWCSEA crowd rather than CBP crowd. I agree w Zeamybro on this.

Anyway, I go SF last wkend to kapo again, think the 1.2-1.3 mil prices for 3bdr is out of my reach, so officially have to give it up.

One good news for nochoice bro, they are in the midst of converting the 5bdr SF to 1&2bdr ones, so you will get a feel of how it is when it's ready.

The proj stands at 70% sold w no more pool facing unit avail for 3bdr.
    Wow bakasa .. tks for the updates, will be keen to get a feel how the 1BR and 2BR would be like ... so have they started the physical conversion for the SF when u were there?

the Archipelago advert in ST Saturday interviewed two buyers:

1. Professor 69y old buying 3br for retirement - guess the live by the park, park by the home sells ... the town house and 3-5br could attract good rentals from 4th university teaching staff, who knows? Such family can choose between cocky Waterfront penthouse / 4br overlooking reservoir with traffic noise or right within the park itself ...

2. 41y engineer bought 1br for future rental - mention CBP/4th university ...

Frankly speaking, whether Bedok Reservoir can command good rental depends on the commercial shops ... WAWAWA Bistro seems to be doing pretty well selling beers to angmohs during sunset ....

The town center seriously need the condo crowd .. with a DBSS, Archi and Waterfront Collection ... would they be enough biz drivers for some nice cafes there?? Unfortunately it is under opposition so unlikely to see major commercial activities by the big boys ..

People visit Wawawa Bistro to have a beer and enjoy sunset and fresh air

http://www.facebook.com/wawawabistro
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

1. Professor 69y old buying 3br for retirement - guess the live by the park, park by the home sells ... the town house and 3-5br could attract good rentals from 4th university teaching staff, who knows? Such family can choose between cocky Waterfront penthouse / 4br overlooking reservoir with traffic noise or right within the park itself ...

Frankly speaking, whether Bedok Reservoir can command good rental depends on the commercial shops ... WAWAWA Bistro seems to be doing pretty well selling beers to angmohs during sunset ....

The town center seriously need the condo crowd .. with a DBSS, Archi and Waterfront Collection ... would they be enough biz drivers for some nice cafes there?? Unfortunately it is under opposition so unlikely to see major commercial activities by the big boys ..

Ya the mini town centre is kinda pathetic right now. I only go there when I need to drive my mum down to shop at NTUC/ShengShiong and to fetch the kids to the Childcare Centre there... But i believe with the in-coming condo crowds, these shops are going to see new 'live' ...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...y-20589/rent/1

This should serve as a reference point for rental
    I beg to differ on this. Eastwood has a definitive expaty vibe to it. I won't say the same for Bedok Reservoir. There is a reason why they have COLD STORAGE and quaint (read expensive) ice cream parlours there (EASTWOOD CENTRE) and not NTUC or SHENG SHIONG.

The 1 bedders here, then would be truely what I call UNTESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    I beg to differ on this. Eastwood has a definitive expaty vibe to it. I won't say the same for Bedok Reservoir. There is a reason why they have COLD STORAGE and quaint (read expensive) ice cream parlours there (EASTWOOD CENTRE) and not NTUC or SHENG SHIONG.
    Yupes, Eastwood is pretty much a private estate env, and it has a bedok corner hawker centre (famous for the cheng tng and malay food?) + an army camp with fit soldiers (a plus point for carbuncle??? )

Jokes aside, i guess Phantom-bro meant to use Eastwood Regency as a reference point only since not many 1BR in OCR yet. I would believe the reservoir region shld fetch lower rentals at about $300-500 diff ...

The 1 bedders here, then would be truely what I call UNTESTED.
    Hmm ... then the same applies to 1br or SOHO in Ripple Bay, Optima, Caspian, Double Bay, Watertown, Euhabitat, Hillsta, Parc Rosewood, The Hillier, The Tennery etc pretty much east west south north every corner of Singapore

Yet in Hong Kong, it is so normal

Bear in mind the expat profile today is PMETs from Pinoys, India, Burma, mainland Chinese, Indonesia ... very different from the typical angmohs

Untested yes, as long as you pay untested pricing ..

Not vested

Hmm ... then the same applies to 1br or SOHO in Ripple Bay, Optima, Caspian, Double Bay, Watertown, Euhabitat, Hillsta, Parc Rosewood, The Hillier, The Tennery etc pretty much east west south north every corner of Singapore

Yet in Hong Kong, it is so normal

Bear in mind the expat profile today is PMETs from Pinoys, India, Burma, mainland Chinese, Indonesia ... very different from the typical angmohs

Untested yes, as long as you pay untested pricing ..

Not vested
    On all the other projects ... U said it. Not me hahah.

Dun wanna be humtum by the buyers...

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Yupes, Eastwood is pretty much a private estate env, and it has a bedok corner hawker centre (famous for the cheng tng and malay food?) + an army camp with fit soldiers (a plus point for carbuncle??? )

Jokes aside, i guess Phantom-bro meant to use Eastwood Regency as a reference point only since not many 1BR in OCR yet. I would believe the reservoir region shld fetch lower rentals at about $300-500 diff ...
    R u kidding... That camp isnt commando camp... Fit or fat lol

R u kidding... That camp isnt commando camp... Fit or fat lol
    Who knows, mabbe u have fetish for bak bak ones...

Who knows, mabbe u have fetish for bak bak ones...
    Tried before... Nice chaps generally but always raining sweat on me leh...

Thanks for all bros valuable comments. Personally think 1 bedder ard $600k is quite good buy based on today context, wonder why there is still a few units for sale as 1 bedder normally sold out first.

Quote Originally Posted by nochoice
    Thanks for all bros valuable comments. Personally think 1 bedder ard $600k is quite good buy based on today context, wonder why there is still a few units for sale as 1 bedder normally sold out first.
    Oh, how many units left?

I guess most who bought Archipelago are for own stay ... and probably that explains why the bigger units are moving faster. Yeah 600K in my opinion is okie, with the upcoming MRT, there should be some upside.

Oh, how many units left?

I guess most who bought Archipelago are for own stay ... and probably that explains why the bigger units are moving faster. Yeah 600K in my opinion is okie, with the upcoming MRT, there should be some upside.
    That is because MM is a quantum game, 600k you can also buy 8RS .. nearer to city with Boon Keng MRT already there ... of course 8RS is 441sqft while Archi is 530sqft ... the ABSD also is a killer (in your mind you will say shit, I paid garmen almost 6% tax b4 I can invest)

Interestingly, My Manhattan 1br is 7XXk so is Optima and DBR ... is EWL commanding so much higher premium compared to NEL and DLT3 ??

The ultimate stunner is of course Bedok Residences and Watertown ... you need to pay 100k more for a shopping mall down there

Tried before... Nice chaps generally but always raining sweat on me leh...
    A lot of RT personnel at Bedok camp too. That's a guards camp, not cdo one.

Personally wldn't recommend getting there for rental cos' I think it will be more from temasek poly or UWCSEA crowd rather than CBP crowd. I agree w Zeamybro on this.

Anyway, I go SF last wkend to kapo again, think the 1.2-1.3 mil prices for 3bdr is out of my reach, so officially have to give it up.

One good news for nochoice bro, they are in the midst of converting the 5bdr SF to 1&2bdr ones, so you will get a feel of how it is when it's ready.

The proj stands at 70% sold w no more pool facing unit avail for 3bdr.
    What is SF??

That is because MM is a quantum game, 600k you can also buy 8RS .. nearer to city with Boon Keng MRT already there ... of course 8RS is 441sqft while Archi is 530sqft ... the ABSD also is a killer (in your mind you will say shit, I paid garmen almost 6% tax b4 I can invest)

Interestingly, My Manhattan 1br is 7XXk so is Optima and DBR ... is EWL commanding so much higher premium compared to NEL and DLT3 ??

The ultimate stunner is of course Bedok Residences and Watertown ... you need to pay 100k more for a shopping mall down there
    Maybe cos EWL has easier access to changi airport and cbp, so rental generally better. Archi definitely for own stay one. Not much potential for rental IMO.

To add to the point about shops, they are indeed kind of sad at the moment if u take a walk, not sure if belvia n Archi crowd will add to the buzz. Now that it belong to ajunied Grc, I suppose we see slowly development there though the flip side is it will have a rustic feel to the place.

Wow bakasa .. tks for the updates, will be keen to get a feel how the 1BR and 2BR would be like ... so have they started the physical conversion for the SF when u were there?
    Yeap, it was boarded up, so reno is going on.Was told the 15 x 5 bdr single flr is sold out so they can go ahead w Reno.

Ya, if i were to buy purely for rental investment, i would get 8RS which i believe will give me a more guaranteed rental. But if its for own stay, I will take Archi.

EW line was thought to be the backbone of Sg's transport network in the past, but with more upcoming MRT lines and MRT stations planted all around the island, several of those EW stations would gradually lose their 'importance' in singaporeans' eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by CAL88
    What is SF??
    CAL88, SF = ShowFlat

Will go down the SF to take a look... If I give this a miss, the next one I'm eyeing will be condo near punggol mrt by wee hur... Hope the 1 bedder will be less than $600k.

Quote Originally Posted by nochoice
    Will go down the SF to take a look... If I give this a miss, the next one I'm eyeing will be condo near punggol mrt by wee hur... Hope the 1 bedder will be less than $600k.
    One and two bedroom no SF yet, still reno but can take a look at environment and place. Found this official brochure u can take a look -
    http://www.archipelago.sg/main.php

Phantom bro, I kind agree with your point, it actually need a few more wawawa cafe, maybe a mac of sorts will do the place some good, like the one in Bishan park.

The prob w the town centre is that it's mix of shops is rather peculiar and not really so lively, lack a good zhi char to spice things up. In fact it is a rather sleepy mini town centre as zeamybro put it, cos' i think most people around the reservoir area wld prefer to go to the tampines mall or bedok town centre for supermarket and stuff.

Phantom bro, I kind agree with your point, it actually need a few more wawawa cafe, maybe a mac of sorts will do the place some good, like the one in Bishan park.

The prob w the town centre is that it's mix of shops is rather peculiar and not really so lively, lack a good zhi char to spice things up. In fact it is a rather sleepy mini town centre as zeamybro put it, cos' i think most people around the reservoir area wld prefer to go to the tampines mall or bedok town centre for supermarket and stuff.
    I remember when i was in pri one or two, the foodcourt was very vibrant, and my family always have problem finding a table during weekends. A huge range of food like indian rojak, prata, bbq chicken wings, western food etc Now, the foodcourt is surviving only on a few anchor stalls ie. ChapChyePeng, ChickenRice and the BanMian.

There are 1 or 2 commercial shops in Waterfront Isle (unfortunately not at sky garden)... hope it offers something nice

There are 1 or 2 commercial shops in Waterfront Isle (unfortunately not at sky garden)... hope it offers something nice
    There's shops there? Is it open to public or just condo owners? I think WFI remaining units shd be selling higher than Archi?

There's shops there? Is it open to public or just condo owners? I think WFI remaining units shd be selling higher than Archi?
    there is a star buy #03 facing reservoir, heard about 1.2m 1152sqft

shops open to public

just one 7-11 good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    just one 7-11 good enough
    Hahaha, I rem viewing waterview and ask about amenities nearby and guess what agent told me? There's a Caltex Star mart across the road!

Hahaha, I rem viewing waterview and ask about amenities nearby and guess what agent told me? There's a Caltex Star mart across the road!
    Just buy Archi lah