Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

How to compare? Mrt and amenities and easy access to PIE
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    STill cheaper than ARchipelago ... Keep reading the avg psf is $1000 but for 3br is almost like $1100 for most pool facing units ...
    u r right earlier in dec - jan the early birds paid much lower - my relative paid below $890 for a direct pool facing - so i can agree with u that now developer is not keen to sell lower but again if the new site at tampines ave 10 is at avg 950 then archipelago is still value for money

Default TAKE-UP RATE

TAKE-UP RATE

UOL says Archipelago, launched in December 2011, is now 66 per cent sold

phantom bro, the nature living part is good but in this heat and humid country, it can be quite a diff experience ... hehehehe
    You know, in a wet and hot country like Singapore. The most natural way of living is raised wooden house aka Malay kampong style and plant coconut trees to block the west sun ... they should market Archipelago as the modern waterfront kampong living lol

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    How to compare? Mrt and amenities and easy access to PIE
    Valid pt. Just concern not much rm for capital appreciation cos' it's still mass mkt however near reservoir it is. FV is quite close in terms of price for quantum at 1.3 to 1.5mil.

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    u r right earlier in dec - jan the early birds paid much lower - my relative paid below $890 for a direct pool facing - so i can agree with u that now developer is not keen to sell lower but again if the new site at tampines ave 10 is at avg 950 then archipelago is still value for money
    That's w PES?

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    TAKE-UP RATE

UOL says Archipelago, launched in December 2011, is now 66 per cent sold
    Last wk, agent text me sold 383/577, so I think that figure tally say the usual might reduce discount thingy. With the eurozone brewing, any chance got more discount instead? Hahahhaha ...

There is a new rule requiring developers to build and sell all units on residential sites within five years or face a 10 per cent stamp duty, but Archipelago is NOT under this ruling.

Heard UOL is launching a new project in town. I guess developer might possibly just close down the showflat, since they could continue to sell the remaining units slowly, even after TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    There is a new rule requiring developers to build and sell all units on residential sites within five years or face a 10 per cent stamp duty, but Archipelago is NOT under this ruling.

Heard UOL is launching a new project in town. I guess developer might possibly just close down the showflat, since they could continue to sell the remaining units slowly, even after TOP.
    Wah, just 6 mths and they wanna close showflat already ah? I think the sales are picking up prior to euro crisis and I still see quite a few visitors 2 wks ago when I pop in .... Maybe they will hang on for a while more. The showflat cos' them quite a bit of $, esp for the PH and 4bdr units, so need ROI mah ...

Wah, just 6 mths and they wanna close showflat already ah? I think the sales are picking up prior to euro crisis and I still see quite a few visitors 2 wks ago when I pop in .... Maybe they will hang on for a while more. The showflat cos' them quite a bit of $, esp for the PH and 4bdr units, so need ROI mah ...
    I think this must be one of the longer lasting showflats for UOL. Their KR was snapped up within a week, so I guess the sf shld be gone soon? Waterbank@dakota was also snapped up within 2 wks or so, and I always love complaining to my friends that I didn't get the chance to visit the WB showflat for a 2nd time after I made my purchase during my 1st and only visit. It was torn down wayyyy to fast

I think this must be one of the longer lasting showflats for UOL. Their KR was snapped up within a week, so I guess the sf shld be gone soon? Waterbank@dakota was also snapped up within 2 wks or so, and I always love complaining to my friends that I didn't get the chance to visit the WB showflat for a 2nd time after I made my purchase during my 1st and only visit. It was torn down wayyyy to fast
    I see, so you are vested in WB? I thought it was sold like 2 years ago, when Dakota was being built out or TOP?

I see, so you are vested in WB? I thought it was sold like 2 years ago, when Dakota was being built out or TOP?
    Yeah my investmemt focus was always around D15 area (alas WB turned out to be D14 instead). I m pretty much a water person ... That's why I like archipelago too

Yeah my investmemt focus was always around D15 area (alas WB turned out to be D14 instead). I m pretty much a water person ... That's why I like archipelago too
    Sigh ... I am not certain if it's time to go in now ... Are we having another recession soon? and will prices drop? hahhahaa

Sigh ... I am not certain if it's time to go in now ... Are we having another recession soon? and will prices drop? hahhahaa
    Just buy

If u r not in an urgent need of a house, esp when this project is only going to TOP in 2016, u can wait, hoping for prices to cool down.

But with so many CMs in place, acting like fingers artificially suppressing the prices, what do u think are the chances? Will u still consider buying if the price goes up say 1 or 2 yrs later?

If you like the unit and location you should give it serious thought about buying. But keep in mind that you should not over leverage.

人生得意须尽欢
    莫使金尊空对月

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    If you like the unit and location you should give it serious thought about buying. But keep in mind that you should not over leverage.
    Gonna take 80% loan of I think ard 1mil, was thinking maybe can commit and see how things go when TOP, if really can't manage, then will sell HDB to get a smaller loan. The current calculation w rental fr HDB is still can manage unless the missus decide to become tai tai.

If u r not in an urgent need of a house, esp when this project is only going to TOP in 2016, u can wait, hoping for prices to cool down.

But with so many CMs in place, acting like fingers artificially suppressing the prices, what do u think are the chances? Will u still consider buying if the price goes up say 1 or 2 yrs later?
    If prices fall, gahmen will just take off CM to boost sales? Will it even wk if the mkt is going thru a bad times, considering now is like historic high for OCR? I am of the view that it will stabalised for the next 3-5yrs, and at most drop 5-10% after that before climbing. Any opinions?

2015 will see market flooded w houses and prices will free fall? hehehhehe

If prices fall, gahmen will just take off CM to boost sales? Will it even wk if the mkt is going thru a bad times, considering now is like historic high for OCR? I am of the view that it will stabalised for the next 3-5yrs, and at most drop 5-10% after that before climbing. Any opinions?

2015 will see market flooded w houses and prices will free fall? hehehhehe
    bakasa - i kinda share same sentiments as you, I believe the prices is going to stabilize for the next couple of yrs, followed by a small crash (5-10%) in 2014/5, before chionging again. But some are saying prices will start to chiong towards the end of the yr...

But so far most of the predictions in the past were incorrect. Back in 2008/9, ppl were saying 2011/2012 will see many projects TOP and there will be oversupply, price will crash yada yada yada ... but prices failed to go down despite so many CMs...

Whenever i made my past investments, there are 2 key factors which i will seriously consider:
    1) Affordability (i must be confident that i could sustain the loan even if there is 0 rental)
    2) I must like the place (regardless for rental or flipping, i make sure it must be a house which i dont mind staying in it myself).

Cool

人生得意须尽欢
    莫使金尊空对月
    诗(尸)情绵绵...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    诗(尸)情绵绵...
    lol ... 语带双关

lol ... 语带双关
    Hahaha .. You guys are creative. I did not seen anything floating last night ... Lolx! It's is no ECP but it is indeed quite nice cos' I took a walk fr the Archipelago SF to the fishing platform just in front, I can understand what UOL/Singland is selling about all the nature and stuff.

I can imagine staying there and strolling out for a leisure walk after dinner, it's really nice and peaceful to have a rustic and quaint park just at the doorstep. The weather last night was good and there was no mosquitoes at about 8pm and definitely no floaters.

Oh, surprisingly no one in this forum bought a unit at Archipelago at all? :P

Hahaha .. You guys are creative. I did not seen anything floating last night ... Lolx! It's is no ECP but it is indeed quite nice cos' I took a walk fr the Archipelago SF to the fishing platform just in front, I can understand what UOL/Singland is selling about all the nature and stuff.

I can imagine staying there and strolling out for a leisure walk after dinner, it's really nice and peaceful to have a rustic and quaint park just at the doorstep. The weather last night was good and there was no mosquitoes at about 8pm and definitely no floaters.
    did u climb up to the small hill on the left of the jetty? that is the best place for panoramic view ..

did u climb up to the small hill on the left of the jetty? that is the best place for panoramic view ..
    I did, that's the vantage point but also the quietest area, a bit dark and scary. Maybe they should built a Mac or cafe there. Lolx!

Hi, am thinking of getting a 1 bedder, 600k seems not too ex... anyone has any thought on this...easy to rent out a one bedder there & at wat price?

Quote Originally Posted by nochoice
    Hi, am thinking of getting a 1 bedder, 600k seems not too ex... anyone has any thought on this...easy to rent out a one bedder there & at wat price?
    1-bedder are all road facings but given the low rise concept of the project, i imagine those sitting on the low hills could actually be very beautiful . A few considerations for rental investment:

- Amongst the 10 over condo projects surrounding the reservoir, only WFG, WFI and Archi have 1-bedders. Clearwater also has 1-bedder but is 7xxsf and much older.

- Sheng Shiong, NTUC and eateries are nearby (in fact much nearer compared with the WF series)

- Low-rise concept, appeals to those who love resort style living

However ......

- No immediate nearby centres to generate the rental demand ie. CBP has tanah merah and simei condos; CBD still quite a distance away.

- Nearby plenty of HDB flats which can pose as direct competitors

- MRT not ready until 2017? But once its up, rental should come in.

I think rental should be around $2-2.3K

1-bedder are all road facings but given the low rise concept of the project, i imagine those sitting on the low hills could actually be very beautiful . A few considerations for rental investment:

- Amongst the 10 over condo projects surrounding the reservoir, only WFG, WFI and Archi have 1-bedders. Clearwater also has 1-bedder but is 7xxsf and much older.

- Sheng Shiong, NTUC and eateries are nearby (in fact much nearer compared with the WF series)

- Low-rise concept, appeals to those who love resort style living

However ......

- No immediate nearby centres to generate the rental demand ie. CBP has tanah merah and simei condos; CBD still quite a distance away.

- Nearby plenty of HDB flats which can pose as direct competitors

- MRT not ready until 2017? But once its up, rental should come in.

I think rental should be around $2-2.3K
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...y-20589/rent/1

This should serve as a reference point for rental

Quote Originally Posted by nochoice
    Personally wldn't recommend getting there for rental cos' I think it will be more from temasek poly or UWCSEA crowd rather than CBP crowd. I agree w Zeamybro on this.

Anyway, I go SF last wkend to kapo again, think the 1.2-1.3 mil prices for 3bdr is out of my reach, so officially have to give it up.

One good news for nochoice bro, they are in the midst of converting the 5bdr SF to 1&2bdr ones, so you will get a feel of how it is when it's ready.

The proj stands at 70% sold w no more pool facing unit avail for 3bdr.