Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Default real estate leads

Thanks for your informations.

Went to check it out over the weekend and was impressed. Layout very good and functional. Looking at a 4 bedder but only 3 remaining and all at the block nearest bedok north road. From looking at the site, not sure how elevated the site is but behind is a hillock. Pricing wise i would say fair value.

Quote Originally Posted by panamera
    Went to check it out over the weekend and was impressed. Layout very good and functional. Looking at a 4 bedder but only 3 remaining and all at the block nearest bedok north road. From looking at the site, not sure how elevated the site is but behind is a hillock. Pricing wise i would say fair value.
    Four bedder is about 2mil? I personally like the layout a lot too but agents seems to indicate uol is holding firm on prices. It seems they enjoyed really good sales since the dec/jan slowdown due to cooling measure.

all the 4 bedders sold out or some not launched?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Four bedder is about 2mil? I personally like the layout a lot too but agents seems to indicate uol is holding firm on prices. It seems they enjoyed really good sales since the dec/jan slowdown due to cooling measure.

UOL has managed to sell most of the 3 and 4 bedders except some units facing the semi-d houses - and a handful of 1 - 2 bedders facing the main road

the best park and pool facing are all taken up

UOL is confident of this unique low rise one of a kind in the reservoir area so i suppose there is no urgency to lower and sell -

i was shown the list of sold and available units and surprised that so much taken up - in view of uol's low key marketing strategy

and i agree that the space is functional - no bay and crappy planters - balcony size reasonable and the PES unit type is also well thought of with a backyard PES which can be access from the yard area - so it feels like landed living....

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    UOL has managed to sell most of the 3 and 4 bedders except some units facing the semi-d houses - and a handful of 1 - 2 bedders facing the main road

the best park and pool facing are all taken up

UOL is confident of this unique low rise one of a kind in the reservoir area so i suppose there is no urgency to lower and sell -

i was shown the list of sold and available units and surprised that so much taken up - in view of uol's low key marketing strategy

and i agree that the space is functional - no bay and crappy planters - balcony size reasonable and the PES unit type is also well thought of with a backyard PES which can be access from the yard area - so it feels like landed living....
    Ya, the PES ground floor are mostly all gone and I kind of feel sad that there is none left. It would most likely be out of my budget too.

Just below 1.9 mln

most likely own stay. any lobang can pm me. I have a colleague who bought minton and ask me to take a look but so far I have not, cos' maybe hougang not my pref area. Yeap, 1000psf in suburban gonna be challenging. Perhaps next to lookout for is the FEO site at Bedok South.
    Minton more Serangoon than Hougang. I can never understand why they want to name the street as Hougang St 11. It has no relation whatsoever to the surrounding roads. The heart of Hougang is further up after Kovan area.

Just below 1.9 mln
    after all the discount is just below 1.9mil? Any good discounts the agent offering for this proj now? I know they got a ang bao draw since CNY till now. Heard they have raise prices too.

after all the discount is just below 1.9mil? Any good discounts the agent offering for this proj now? I know they got a ang bao draw since CNY till now. Heard they have raise prices too.
    The price is increasing again? looks like a few still selling projects are doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    The price is increasing again? looks like a few still selling projects are doing the same.
    developers are not letting up, it's the same trick, either raise price a bit or deduct some discount or SD rebate at every chance. It's their duty to answer to the shareholders but are buyers still biting? :P

I repeat ... nothing will be below 1000psf in OCR soon ...

M3 up since 2003, property psf should go up in tandem, means a 400psf OCR in 2003 will be 972psf today, a 800psf condo in 2003 will be 1900psf today

Will garmen sell land based on this ratio of 2.43, would construction sector charge the construction cost based on this ratio ... you BET !!!

Jan 190,001.1

Mar P 462,461.7
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I repeat ... nothing will be below 1000psf in OCR soon ...

M3 up since 2003, property psf should go up in tandem, means a 400psf OCR in 2003 will be 972psf today, a 800psf condo in 2003 will be 1900psf today

Will garmen sell land based on this ratio of 2.43, would construction sector charge the construction cost based on this ratio ... you BET !!!

Jan 190,001.1

Mar P 462,461.7
    bro, what is M3 ah?

bro, u know this proj name is called Ai-Kee-Beh-Loh? (wanna up cannot down). Naturally price is up like morning effect. heehee

developers are not letting up, it's the same trick, either raise price a bit or deduct some discount or SD rebate at every chance. It's their duty to answer to the shareholders but are buyers still biting? :P
    whatever hair splitting or analysis is of no use - at the end of day its clear that "buyers are still biting" - look at this way -

if u like the project and u r getting it from developer direct - so once its sold that's it - it then belongs to someone else and in the later years when its TOP - it may be much higher than what u r being offered now...

someone told me recent few days interest for this project is good, and looks like more was sold. True?

someone told me recent few days interest for this project is good, and looks like more was sold. True?
    Heard last wk, they shd have sold about 65%. About 380/577?

Agent was telling me that once UOL has sold more than 50% of the units, they are happy and ready to go slow without any further discount to under-cut the earlier buyers...

I have been staying in Bedok Reservoir for more than 20yrs and i personally think that Archipelago is sitting on probably one of the best land parcels in that area. It is the nearest project to the supermarkets/foodcourts and about 400m away from the future MRT station. The other projects are good too, but they are either near to the future MRT but far away from the amenities, or are nearer to the amenities but mid-way betw 2 future MRT stations.

Archipelago has taken up the last piece of land parcel surrounding the reservoir, dont think we are expecting any more projects in the vicinity in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Agent was telling me that once UOL has sold more than 50% of the units, they are happy and ready to go slow without any further discount to under-cut the earlier buyers...

I have been staying in Bedok Reservoir for more than 20yrs and i personally think that Archipelago is sitting on probably one of the best land parcels in that area. It is the nearest project to the supermarkets/foodcourts and about 400m away from the future MRT station. The other projects are good too, but they are either near to the future MRT but far away from the amenities, or are nearer to the amenities but mid-way betw 2 future MRT stations.

Archipelago has taken up the last piece of land parcel surrounding the reservoir, dont think we are expecting any more projects in the vicinity in the near future.
    zeamybro, you noted a few good points but seriously speaking the neighbouring hdb prices isn't that high compared to the rest of Bedok, so the question i have in mind is that if you are keen on getting a unit, don't u think that at 1100psf avg, this proj is kind of overpriced?

No other plot also means probably no future room for appreciation? Hehehe ... I mean basically if u r keen on staying near the reservoir, you really have quite a few choices such as the WF, Clearwater, Baywater, Aquarius and opposite u have Tropica, Waterview and Arc, which are not as pricy as Archi? Don't you think so?

And the top floor of archipelago can't really see the water body right?

zeamybro, you noted a few good points but seriously speaking the neighbouring hdb prices isn't that high compared to the rest of Bedok, so the question i have in mind is that if you are keen on getting a unit, don't u think that at 1100psf avg, this proj is kind of overpriced?

No other plot also means probably no future room for appreciation? Hehehe ... I mean basically if u r keen on staying near the reservoir, you really have quite a few choices such as the WF, Clearwater, Baywater, Aquarius and opposite u have Tropica, Waterview and Arc, which are not as pricy as Archi? Don't you think so?
    bakasa - tks for asking. First i must declare i have no vested interest in this project, but becos i stay fairly near this area, i thought i would like to share some of my humble opinions (which you may disagree).

Yeah, $1100psf avg indeed makes Archipelago the priciest project in Bedok Reservoir, but thats probably becos its the latest project which was launched in the area (the next latest projects WFI & WFG were launched in 2010/2011). Ppty prices in sgp has gone crazy from 2010 to 2012, and i believe the resale or subsales of WFI/WFG shld be selling near 1100psf as well?

I cant comment much on the HDB prices cos i didnt really study them, but i think most of the Bedok Reservoir HDBs are about 20-25yrs old, not so sure how they fare compared with the other parts of Bedok but definitely no match to those new HDBs nearer to the Bedok Town Central =)

Tropica and Waterview shld have very quiet and fantastic views (those facing away from main roads). In fact, i have stayed in Tropica for a few yrs and i really find the stay there pleasant, except for the fact that its not near the amenities. We often need to drive out for food or groceries, and its not near the future MRT. They are also separated from the reservoir by a big long kang. But i do love SimLian projects and i thot WV shld be a nice project if you have your own transport.

Aquarius & ClearWater are not new projects with land age easily more than 12-15yr old. For a LH project of 99yr, more than 12% is already gone. So you may wish to factor in that for the lower psf. Clearwater and Baywater are both surrounded by 3 major roads .....

The Waterfront series, as i mentioned, were launched a couple of yrs earlier and that shld explain the lower psf price. These projects come with HS and baywindows, so you could prob factor that into the psf calculation once again. WFK & WFW may be v near to the future MRT station but they r far from the amenities. WFG & WFI are relatively nearer to the amenities but are not that near to the future MRT station. Overall, i think they are nice projects too. Whenever i drive past the newly built WFK condos along Bedok Reservoir road, i feel the entire place has become more 'atas' and exclusive now, some sort like the feel i get at Tanjong Rhu

Back to Archipelago, it is abt 400m away from the future MRT, and the mini town centre is just next to it. Most imptly, the reservoir park is directly behind the compound (I personally feel it makes a lot of difference being separated from the reservoir by a busy road vs greenery/parks).

I would think Archipelago makes a good investment, especially for own stay. Its not easy to find similar projects where you stay directly on the reservoir park plus it is low rise (provided you must like the reservoir park and low rise concept), unlike the typical mass market projects). You would be staying in a resort-like environment yet you get to enjoy HDB-priced amenities next door. Moreover, there is an upside to this project, which is the upcoming DTL3, which directly links you to MBS So there could be some capital appreciation.

thanks zeamybro for the input ... It does seem interesting place to stay albeit at a higher price, it will potential leave it w the least room to appreciate considering the high price and possibly will correct the most since it is so expensive. I do like the low rise and nx to reservoir concept and is really thinking hard.

For DTL3, does it link to MBS? Not particularly updated on this so if you have more to share. That be good. Thanks.

DT16 CE1 Bayfront 海湾舫 Circle Line

thanks zeamybro for the input ... It does seem interesting place to stay albeit at a higher price, it will potential leave it w the least room to appreciate considering the high price and possibly will correct the most since it is so expensive. I do like the low rise and nx to reservoir concept and is really thinking hard.

For DTL3, does it link to MBS? Not particularly updated on this so if you have more to share. That be good. Thanks.

bro bakasa, you should consider WFG subsale too, it has sky garden at 16th floor
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Bakasa, it has to depend whether u r buying for investment or own stay. If for investment, ppl would usually look at rental yields and potential capital gain. With so many CMs in place, quite unlikely we r going to see the same rate of capital gain we were seeing from 2008-2012. Relying on rental yields especially with a 80% loan does not make much investment sense to me too, esp when we need to pray hard that there is constant good rentals and the interest rates are kept low.

But if the purchase is for own stay, it shouldn't matter that much if there would be more or less capital appreciation as unlikely u would exercise your gain or loss within the next few yrs. Using a 10yr horizon, I m sure it will still be a gd investment.

Bakasa, it has to depend whether u r buying for investment or own stay. If for investment, ppl would usually look at rental yields and potential capital gain. With so many CMs in place, quite unlikely we r going to see the same rate of capital gain we were seeing from 2008-2012. Relying on rental yields especially with a 80% loan does not make much investment sense to me too, esp when we need to pray hard that there is constant good rentals and the interest rates are kept low.

But if the purchase is for own stay, it shouldn't matter that much if there would be more or less capital appreciation as unlikely u would exercise your gain or loss within the next few yrs. Using a 10yr horizon, I m sure it will still be a gd investment.
    Y din u buy?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Y din u buy?
    I m already vested in other projects

I m already vested in other projects
    Archi proj needs to hold until 2017 when MRT is ready, else quite little upside. Meanwhile cheaper WF TOP n undercut its subsales.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

Archi proj needs to hold until 2017 when MRT is ready, else quite little upside. Meanwhile cheaper WF TOP n undercut its subsales.
    Yeah agree. Think most archi buyers bought for own stay. The archi concept is v diff from the 4 WF projects. So most imptly is one must buy what he likes ...

Default Reservoir View

Taken using Fujifilm F11 and shrink to 75% size