Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    haa haa...the guy accidentally hit the girl breast!
    Wah, lao tiko your eyes are sharp.

It's not the money. It's the time and effort wasted in waiting for the feeder bus and jostling with the crowd. Time = money. Honestly, if it's only 500m, I would rather walk, esp evening time. Take it as a form of daily exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Regardless of the walking distance, any above 500m I will take a feeder bus. Do u realize it only costs me $0.03 for my feeder bus before I take my MRT because it's distance based fare now?

It now makes sense to live two to three busstops away from MRT station. Wait till bomb threat , train breakdown with crowded, roudy people around at your place.

Have been telling people the whole idea of having a PC right on top of MRT is overblown and overshot.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    haa haa...the guy accidentally hit the girl breast!

TCS should come out with the story of bedok reservoir... Due to the Sun's super solar flare in 2012, the radiation caused the midges to be mutated and they need to suck human blood to lay eggs. However the mutation would transfer to those who kena bitten. This mutation caused victims to drink human blood in order to survive, some victims could not bear to do it, so choose to end their lives in bedok reservoir. But they did not know that the larvae of the midges feed on the bodies to become super powerful and deadly....Now its up to our TCS heros to save Singapore from a disaster.

Wa lao u can replace Mr Parker Lim as script writer liao...

from BT, 15 of the 130 options issued not exercised.

At the Archipelago condo facing Bedok Reservoir Park, about 12 per cent or 15 of the 130 units for which options were issued since the project was previewed on Dec 2 are being returned to developers UOL Group and Singapore Land.

The average price for the 577-unit five-storey, 99-year leasehold condo is about $1,000 psf. 'All 15 or so units returned are apartments; none of the strata semi-detached homes sold in the project have been returned,' said a spokesman for UOL.

On a more positive note, UOL's spokesman said: 'The fact that around 90 per cent of those who had been granted options at Archipelago have decided to go ahead with their purchase shows they are confident about the pricing of the development, notwithstanding the latest curbs. We will release the returned units to the pool available for sale.'

Need to give more discount.....

27 Jan 2012
    By Siau Ming En
    The police and the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) are searching for the body of a man in Bedok Reservoir.

SCDF received a call from a member of the public at 1pm on Saturday and arrived at the scene five minutes later.

Four divers from the SCDF are still conducting the search near an aerial obstacle course, Forest Adventures, at the reservoir.

Ms Joyce Poon, 34, was jogging in the reservoir when the police started to cordon off the place. 'I was asked to leave as police cars and ambulances surrounded the area,' said the corporate communications manager.

There have been six bodies that have been found in the reservoir in the past year.

Went to see the showflat, and we really liked it. But price seems abit steep... Any opinions? We liked the proximity to the future MRT, and less dense part of Bedok, although the present sentiment of the area is not so good!

yup - have seen the show flat n floor plans - find them to be very practical
    n room sizes are good in comparison to some new launches ; no planters,
    bay window and no huge balcony.

anyway TOP is 2015 and sentiments are ever changing - a place deemed as good can have problems later on and vice versa

price again is relative to what u r getting - i was told the 3 bed n above is all
    marble and other quality finishes -

Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    Went to see the showflat, and we really liked it. But price seems abit steep... Any opinions? We liked the proximity to the future MRT, and less dense part of Bedok, although the present sentiment of the area is not so good!

I was there for the preview, didn't like quality of the finish and find the price is steep but I do agree that the layout is practical and balcony size is appropriate for the size of the hse.

Is it the norm for new launches nowadays to have 2 balconies? One larger one at the living room and the other one in the MBR.

On another note, I don't know why UOL/Singland seems to be saving money on advertising since the units are not really moving... The perimeter wall adverts that they built are not lighted up at night, although the spotlights are already provisioned.

Should turn on the spotlights to attract potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    I like the place very much. Like u, I ask like the dense vegetation and reservoir at the door step. However I don't find the MRT near. It should be about 700 to 800m away. I agree that the price is rather steep. However I like the layout where there is an isolated room which can be rented out. I like the amenities nearby too. So I will wait.......

Yeah, we really liked the low rise concept. Just that the price seems steep for now... And at present, discount isn't much compared to the units they are moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    Is it the norm for new launches nowadays to have 2 balconies? One larger one at the living room and the other one in the MBR.

On another note, I don't know why UOL/Singland seems to be saving money on advertising since the units are not really moving... The perimeter wall adverts that they built are not lighted up at night, although the spotlights are already provisioned.

Should turn on the spotlights to attract potential buyers.
    I think it's getting common for balconies in MBR these days but I wld much prefer usable and not too big balconies over planter or bay windows which is not really of much use personally.

They do advertise on Sat papers and even offer a sure win rebate of UP to $8888 for past 2 wks but this is a joke compare what FEO and others are ordering, so maybe the slow sales. I am passing by the site everyday and you are right, they rarely switch on the spotlight except when they are testing it b4 the launch. The site already has quite a bit of excavation works going on, trees are cut etc.

whats the take up rate as of now

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    whats the take up rate as of now
    Tight-lipped from UOL/SingLand.

Wait for the URA caveat transactions to be updated on 15th Feb. You will be able to find the sales figures (and thereby derive the no. of returned units) for Jan 12.

Sold 103 units out of 180 launched units in Dec 11. Development has 577 units. So far only 50 caveats lodged.

For those interested, Tiong Seng is the main contractor for this project.

http://tiongseng.listedcompany.com/n...003778E2.1.pdf

The contract is worth S$189.5 million.

hmm seems good - they have done projects like sky eleven, tribeca, the arc ....

http://www.tiongseng.com.sg/pro_construct.html

For those interested, Tiong Seng is the main contractor for this project.

http://tiongseng.listedcompany.com/n...003778E2.1.pdf

The contract is worth S$189.5 million.

Saw in today's papers are 2 & 3 bedders really starting from. $8xx psf ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Wow...20% sale

checked with agent - only for certain stacks - something like star buys -

http://www.ocbcresearch.com/pdf_repo...120227-OIR.pdf

Holding prices at the Archipelago

Sales at the Archipelago launched in Dec 11 continue to be slower than we had hoped with ~160 units out of 577 units sold as of 24 Feb 12.

Management indicated that they would be holding prices mostly firm (~S$1,000 psf) in order not to undercut previous buyers – a strategy we agree with but would imply the Archipelago could take longer to sell than we previously projected.

Looking ahead, we expect the condominium units at the Lion City project and The Esplanade in Tianjin to launch in 2Q12.

then how come last weekend, an agent sms say starbuy:

1 bd 588k 1120psf
    2 bd 828k 987psf
    3 bd 1.2m 1015psf?

but still stuck to the 1000psf ave lah.

http://www.ocbcresearch.com/pdf_repo...120227-OIR.pdf

Holding prices at the Archipelago

Sales at the Archipelago launched in Dec 11 continue to be slower than we had hoped with ~160 units out of 577 units sold as of 24 Feb 12.

Management indicated that they would be holding prices mostly firm (~S$1,000 psf) in order not to undercut previous buyers – a strategy we agree with but would imply the Archipelago could take longer to sell than we previously projected.

Looking ahead, we expect the condominium units at the Lion City project and The Esplanade in Tianjin to launch in 2Q12.

That is for first flr units mainly and the patio or PES area for this proj is comparatively larger than other devlopment.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

1 bd 588k 1120psf
    2 bd 828k 987psf
    3 bd 1.2m 1015psf?

For some reason, TA sales is really lacklustre... Dunno why cannot attract the crowds.

As for the pricing, I guess they had to do something cos' almost every development is giving some discounts / stamp duty rebates / FVs.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

1 bd 588k 1120psf
    2 bd 828k 987psf
    3 bd 1.2m 1015psf?

I got the same SMS, it is mainly for the stack nearer to the strata houses, next to main entrance. I think they are trying to move those. Not sure how is the take up rate.

nid to go down to 8xx-9xxpsf den can move one.....so many dead bodies liao plus green bug....no joke......

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    nid to go down to 8xx-9xxpsf den can move one.....so many dead bodies liao plus green bug....no joke......
    Actually, it's kind of strange that the WF collection can move so many units at such fast rate but this proj is moving so slowly, really strange. Personally, I like the location, size and also no planter, bay window but at >$1000psf it's kind of out of my reach.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Actually, it's kind of strange that the WF collection can move so many units at such fast rate but this proj is moving so slowly, really strange. Personally, I like the location, size and also no planter, bay window but at >$1000psf it's kind of out of my reach.
    low rise....no view.....so-so finishing....siteplan so cramped....sure kena jialat jialat when green bug season back

i visited the showflat and liked it (the showflat ) very much. its the quantum that puts pple off. i like the bedroom size BUT the facings are difficult. there is no "good facing". i guess the best facing is face the park, but buyers prob feel the premium is not justified.

For some reason, TA sales is really lacklustre... Dunno why cannot attract the crowds.

As for the pricing, I guess they had to do something cos' almost every development is giving some discounts / stamp duty rebates / FVs.

someone mentioned before face the park can be quite scary at night. come to think of it, maybe. someone (dun even need to be ghosts) may just climb up one of the trees to scare u. hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate