Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by maseratiq2
    I recently bought a place without MRT (okay MRT is not within walking distance).

I asked my kid if that's ok and I take the savings of more than 300k ( if I bought comparable projects near MRT ) and buy a small used car for going to the Uni instead.

The car is a depreciating asset but the emphatic reply was " No more squeezing in buses and MRT anymore!".

I think there is a trade off.
    Did you promise to chauffeur them everywhere they go?

Quote Originally Posted by Antione
    Did you promise to chauffeur them everywhere they go?
    Haha...my dad chauffeured us everywhere we went so it's payback time I guess.

Given a choice, if I was offered a free car and told to forgo public transport I will take the former. However, I have an aunt who's a Green Activist and I'm sure she'll differ in her opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by maseratiq2
    Haha...my dad chauffeured us everywhere we went so it's payback time I guess.

Given a choice, if I was offered a free car and told to forgo public transport I will take the former. However, I have an aunt who's a Green Activist and I'm sure she'll differ in her opinion...
    Driving may not be good option for everyone...Especially if u work in CBD area where parking is limited and expensive, MRT is a better option

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    @ Devilplate

cheapest Vision TH asking around 670 psf I think ...only one at that price, next one asking for 750 or so...monitoring as well......what makes you interested in that one if I may ask ?
    Low psf, pte enclave and gd fittings n furnishing provided

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Wats the psf for penthse wif reservoir view?
    You would have to ask the agent. Many choice units and facing are not officially released for sale. Need to ask on a case-by-case basis. The developer is hanging on to many of the best units. Perhaps for relaunching when it's nearer to TOP or the market picks up again. I presume UOL has strong holding power. Having sold quite a number of the houses, they have recouped some working capital already. They don't seem to be in a hurry to dispose of everything quickly. Haven't even advertised in the papers.

Devil a very gd park facing smaller 4bd PH is abount 2.4m. 2540 sqft. 5bd PH will reach close to 3m.

..and yes my positive impression for this project is mainly for own stay. Say if I have a budget for 2.4m, for a PH looking at the park, it's not bad. the layout is family friendly: it has both a utility room and a store room. And in PH configuration you have 2 big ensuites, and another 2 decen size rooms. 2.4m u can't really get anything decent sized in CCR, and for houses seriously even a decent terrace will cost more. In SG context very few projects have mature park at doorstep without any road. For similar ones I can think of houses around botanic garden. And here it has markets and MRT. The facilities ae severely limited. Ppl have to love fresh air to buy this. I like trees and fresh air, that's why my impression is very good.

For investment purpose will be tough. Tis kind of quantum not many buyers. If hold must hold more than 10yrs to have meaningful upside. Small units not only have poor facing, they also have to fight with so many new units coming up.

New cooling measures effective 8th Dec! I think they need to reduce prices liaoz. Luckily bedok residences launch earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    New cooling measures effective 8th Dec! I think they need to reduce prices liaoz. Luckily bedok residences launch earlier.
    Crazy measures! Foreigner pay buying stamp duty of 13%!!!!!!!

Mr b is right! Now i am vy sure ppty will crash by >50%!!!!!

5yrs later i gona vote for......

How come pte ppty machiam worse den hdb! Whahahahahahaha

One reason I chose not to get a unit at Bedok Reservoir.

Was looking at WFI but decided against it as already too many condos along this stretch, both existing and BUC.

When all these projects TOP, will really need to compete in pricing for both tenants or buyers.

But the reservoir view is definitely lovely and a big plus. Also, the upcoming MRT if you use public transport.

Some tenants will not pay you rent but still stay in your house

My agent just called and told me the prime units facing the park are released due to the imposition of additional stamp duties effective tomorrow.

The 2 bedder at stack 118 level 2 which I am interested is at $1,026K at 826sqf. Should I get this or wait for the condo that will be build on the bedok south ave 3 land (near Tanah Merah) which will be released this month?

u say kelong, not kelong? pple gahmen linked ok. u think they had no wind no sound?

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny
    My agent just called and told me the prime units facing the park are released due to the imposition of additional stamp duties effective tomorrow.

The 2 bedder at stack 118 level 2 which I am interested is at $1,026K at 826sqf. Should I get this or wait for the condo that will be build on the bedok south ave 3 land (near Tanah Merah) which will be released this month?
    Still wana buy? Wait for firesale! All tks to our finance minister! Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    u say kelong, not kelong? pple gahmen linked ok. u think they had no wind no sound?
    Rcr and ccr pte ppty greatest hit.....

Ocr condo lesser impact

Landed ppty least impact

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Did you go and see the showflats? On the upper level of the penthouse showflat the view is actually quite good. Although there are trees but you can also see the reservoir through the trees. I saw dragon boat on the water. If it's for own stay, the park facing might be worth paying for. If it's for rental....maybe not.

i actually recce'd the place, walking around carefully even before the showflat was up. i was talking about that park facing 2nd level one costing over 1 mil, not the upper level penthouse - definitely cannot see reservoir through trees. i walked between the boundary of the site and the trees to check.

and the trees are not the beautiful onsen ryokan types in japan (aka hot spring hotel facing trees in japan hour), but the unruly SAF field camp jungle type

my condo used to face all trees one side, and faces the pool on the other side. ok ok only lah. but 100k extra for trees over pool view? not for me

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny

I rather have pool view then tree view. The trees there are big and messy jungle type. At night confirm feed mosquitos. Or on lights all the insects fly into your house. All these for 100k more?

I rather have pool view then tree view. The trees there are big and messy jungle type. At night confirm feed mosquitos. Or on lights all the insects fly into your house. All these for 100k more?

Also need to pray hard birds do not start roosting among those trees...the noise can be deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Also need to pray hard birds do not start roosting among those trees...the noise can be deafening.
    Agree....those mynahs.....very fierce birds.
    Sometimes come into my kitchen.
    And the pigeons build their nests at the air con ledge.

All the townhouses died.....

They might have to partition the townhouses into separate walk up studio units haa haa....

They might have to partition the townhouses into separate walk up studio units haa haa....
    good idea azeo, MMs within strata house wa ha ha ha ha
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    All the townhouses died.....
    Townhouses reborn as studio units?

Default From ST today

ho ho ho, merry x'mas!

UOL Group is so keen to lock in sales in what could be a fast-softening market that it is offering agents big cash incentives to close deals at Archipelago in Bedok from now until Sunday, according to an internally circulated text message obtained by The Straits Times.
    Agents will get $5,000 for sales of one- and two-bedders, $10,000 for each three- and four-bedroom unit sold and $15,000 for sales of four-bedroom and larger units. These are in addition to the usual commissions.

whatever for? maybe agent should buy under their parents name?

how much UOL bot this land for? 4xxpsf?

Fear striking ... UOL share price who outperformed also drops like a stone

Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    ho ho ho, merry x'mas!

UOL Group is so keen to lock in sales in what could be a fast-softening market that it is offering agents big cash incentives to close deals at Archipelago in Bedok from now until Sunday, according to an internally circulated text message obtained by The Straits Times.
    Agents will get $5,000 for sales of one- and two-bedders, $10,000 for each three- and four-bedroom unit sold and $15,000 for sales of four-bedroom and larger units. These are in addition to the usual commissions.
    Wow... maybe interested buyers can ask for at least half of the newly added cash incentives from agents, as a pre-requisite to book a unit in The Archipelago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    Wow... maybe interested buyers can ask for at least half of the newly added cash incentives from agents, as a pre-requisite to book a unit in The Archipelago.
    you r kidding right? the amount is 0.01%

I mean for interested buyers not affected by the ABSD, this may also mean an outright cash discount (from the agent - but must wait for UOL to disburse), although I agree this is not much.

Can use the "cash-back" to offset the option fee, or use it for X'mas or CNY shopping.

Of course, I think a lot of buyers will adopt a wait-and-see attitude in anticipation of larger price falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    I mean for interested buyers not affected by the ABSD, this may also mean an outright cash discount (from the agent - but must wait for UOL to disburse), although I agree this is not much.

Can use the "cash-back" to offset the option fee, or use it for X'mas or CNY shopping.

Of course, I think a lot of buyers will adopt a wait-and-see attitude in anticipation of larger price falls.
    Same like stock market, when price goes down, people will wait & wait for bottom fish. When price goes up, most people will not wait. Scare miss the boat. So these few weeks/ months, agents & developers can take a break. Dun wait $$ advertise. You give $15k discount, people will want $30K, you give $30K, they will want $50k. So dun waste time, go fly kite.