Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by forte
    Definitely if one is looking for nice reservoir view this project will not be able to fight with the Waterfront series high floor units...

I guess its advantage is its nearer to amenities e.g NTUC, hawker centre compared to the waterfront series... also much quieter for those units facing the park...
    I think the low response rate is because of the overall higher quantum of the units.

I know of 3 people who bought their units already, all are HDB upgraders buying for own stay. They bought a 3 bedder, a 5 bedder and the smallest 4 bedder PH (the one with the least PES). They have been living in that area and like that location/have been eyeing the site for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    I was considering on this proj as I prefer it was at the quieter side of the reservoir but at 1.3mil for a 3bdr, it's out of my reach.

I was there at launch on fri and have heard fr agent they drop price for the 1-2 bdr facing the road by 17-45k, that's really quite a lot. Those who bought on day 1 most likely will not get any rebate? Do u guys think response will be better when it is launch to the public?
    If this is true, the early birdies that bought the road facing stacks really LPPL.

By the way, are the 2nd/3rd bedrooms decently big enough for a queen-sized bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    If this is true, the early birdies that bought the road facing stacks really LPPL.

By the way, are the 2nd/3rd bedrooms decently big enough for a queen-sized bed?
    Yes you can go take a look at the showroom. There is one 3 bedder showflat there. And I noticed that they can take queen sized bed (with wardrobes built in).

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I think the low response rate is because of the overall higher quantum of the units.

I know of 3 people who bought their units already, all are HDB upgraders buying for own stay. They bought a 3 bedder, a 5 bedder and the smallest 4 bedder PH (the one with the least PES). They have been living in that area and like that location/have been eyeing the site for some time.
    this is the power of the HDB upgraders
    5 bedder, more than $2.6m

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Really powerful .... probably belongs to top 10% of income bracket (family)

Households in the highest decile – the 91st to 100th percentiles – earn an average of $23,684 per month. (2011)
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Yes I was also

For own stay it's down to individual preference. Not everybody is eyeing for high floor reservoir view. It seems there's quite a number of them on the market already. This development is on the same side of the road as the park and the park is literally at the back door. Not everybody is scared of ghosts. If not for the bodies, the price of this devt would be higher.

Tree view also quite pleasant and you can get little glimpses of the water through the trees. To those upgraders who are (ahem) more mature and practical, they really love the proximity to the supermarkets and food court. The easy access to both KPE and PIE is also a bonus (all the other condos' cars will be fighting to access from the other side via Bedor Reservoir Road).

The foodcourt and shops there cmi for now ... NTUC/Sheng Shiong also very small

By the way, will there be a T-junction (complete with traffic lights) right outside the condo entrance (ingress/egress)?

I don't think there is enough room to create a slip lane (for U-turn OR turning in/out of condo) at the main road.

2br for 840k with efficient layout (no bay window, no HS, small balcony) is not too demanding, probably can nego a bit to cut 10k or get stamp duty rebate ...

Cheapest WFW PIE facing 980sqft asking for 980k already ... road noise cannot be worse than PIE noise right?

There is going to be 2br resale indigestion @ Bedok Reservoir

1 5-bedder can buy 3 2-bedders. Or 2 3-bedders.

Bedok reservoir will be a very crowded place for sure in future...the poor foodcourt will be swamped with too much business

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Yes I was also

Not everybody is scared of ghosts. If not for the bodies, the price of this devt would be higher.
    Exorcist, those not born and those whom have joined the rank shld be not afraid. For the rest, fear of unknown would be quiet real. Even got cable show of pple sharing their experience

H88.com.sg has a review of The Archipelago:
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Archip...ervoir+review/

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    H88.com.sg has a review of The Archipelago:
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Archip...ervoir+review/
    i lol'ed at the last part of the review -

"Still, we expect this condo to do well. Buyers see MRT and they go berserk."

i just don't see why pay so much for a condo, unless u r real rich n don't think about making money...

e.g. if i buy a 900k+ 2 bedder here, i could have bought a 700+ k 2 bedder further east. with the extra 200+ k that i saved, i could later plonk it as down payment for a one bedder and collect rent...

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    i lol'ed at the last part of the review -

"Still, we expect this condo to do well. Buyers see MRT and they go berserk."

i just don't see why pay so much for a condo, unless u r real rich n don't think about making money...

e.g. if i buy a 900k+ 2 bedder here, i could have bought a 700+ k 2 bedder further east. with the extra 200+ k that i saved, i could later plonk it as down payment for a one bedder and collect rent...
    A similar comparison with Bedok Residences which is just 10mins drive away is selling at least 30% higher than this project...Still people are queuing up and snatching up the units....

So we can see near MRT & amenities definitely pushes up the value of a place even though distance wise its not tat far away......

Quote Originally Posted by forte
    A similar comparison with Bedok Residences which is just 10mins drive away is selling at least 30% higher than this project...Still people are queuing up and snatching up the units....

So we can see near MRT & amenities definitely pushes up the value of a place even though distance wise its not tat far away......
    I concur with the recent taxi fare hike..

I recently bought a place without MRT (okay MRT is not within walking distance).

I asked my kid if that's ok and I take the savings of more than 300k ( if I bought comparable projects near MRT ) and buy a small used car for going to the Uni instead.

The car is a depreciating asset but the emphatic reply was " No more squeezing in buses and MRT anymore!".

I think there is a trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by maseratiq2
    I recently bought a place without MRT (okay MRT is not within walking distance).

I asked my kid if that's ok and I take the savings of more than 300k ( if I bought comparable projects near MRT ) and buy a small used car for going to the Uni instead.

The car is a depreciating asset but the emphatic reply was " No more squeezing in buses and MRT anymore!".

MRT in Singapore squeezed? Visit Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo and Bombay please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgZK1r85Ln0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fRyq...eature=related
    In Mumbai:
    1. Humans are hanging out of train (no train door actually)
    2. You must literally fight your life to squeeze out/in

Japan is better, civilized ... someone standing guard will push from outside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7kor...eature=related

SMRT is too kind to you, yet I bought some shares as eventually it will be like Japan, taxi fare every year has to go up

i have the same thoughts. is the incredible premium u gotta pay for mrt etc. justifiable, when the difference is but a 5-10min drive? esp for own stay and with current SSD, imagine what u can do with this 250K for example:

- 2 brand new nice cars or 4 used ones at current coe prices
    - 50 holiday trips at $5000 apiece (250k)
    - downpayment for another condo in Singapore
    - buy an overseas property

this incredible premium is contributed much by the mass-mindedness and uniform mentality that Singaporeans possess - 'other-people-have-i-also-must have', 'other-people-say-it's-good-therefore-it's-good' mentality. there are many options out there.

of course as investor i would be glad to take advantage of this mass-minded weakness n rip off potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Japan is better, civilized ... someone standing guard will push from outside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7kor...eature=related

SMRT is too kind to you, yet I bought some shares as eventually it will be like Japan, taxi fare every year has to go up
    wow....good job rite? legal molestation? hehehe

i have the same thoughts. is the incredible premium u gotta pay for mrt etc. justifiable, when the difference is but a 5-10min drive? esp for own stay and with current SSD, imagine what u can do with this 250K for example:

- 2 brand new nice cars or 4 used ones at current coe prices
    - 50 holiday trips at $5000 apiece (250k)
    - downpayment for another condo in Singapore
    - buy an overseas property

this incredible premium is contributed much by the mass-mindedness and uniform mentality that Singaporeans possess - 'other-people-have-i-also-must have', 'other-people-say-it's-good-therefore-it's-good' mentality. there are many options out there.

of course as investor i would be glad to take advantage of this mass-minded weakness n rip off potential buyers.
    however at the end of 10yr when ur COE expire, the 250k is gone while condo px stays or goes up higher? unless u predict the price gap difference between the 2 condos going to narrow?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    however at the end of 10yr when ur COE expire, the 250k is gone while condo px stays or goes up higher? unless u predict the price gap difference between the 2 condos going to narrow?
    which is why i clarify esp if for own stay, and using the money for a car is but an option u can have. can always buy a cheap car if cost is an issue, with plenty of money left over from the 250K, wh. u can invest etc etc. point is that financially u become more flexible...

market is always right ... almost

Depends on your 'Family Life Phase'
    Your child is old enough to drive = so you can get them a car and they'll
    be happier.

Phase1 : Just married/no kids. No issue, public transport will do.
    Phase2 : Infant/Toddler stage. Car is needed.
    Phase3 : Early school/Primary. School bus = some flexibility
    Phase4 : Secondary/Poly/JC. Too old for school bus/too young to drive
    Phase5 : Kids independent but don't earn their keep

MRT access helps esp in Phase 4 and 3 & 5.

which is why i clarify esp if for own stay, and using the money for a car is but an option u can have. can always buy a cheap car if cost is an issue, with plenty of money left over from the 250K, wh. u can invest etc etc. point is that financially u become more flexible...
    u r toking about paying ur hse in FULL???

if not u only save 40% of 300k or 20% of 300k?

and dun forget effective int rate for Cars about 1.88X2

oh ya ....how about running cost of maintaining a car??? insurance, parking fees, ERP, summons, petrol(100usd/barrel now), suay suay accident and repair cost if any?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Depends on your 'Family Life Phase'
    Your child is old enough to drive = so you can get them a car and they'll
    be happier.

Phase1 : Just married/no kids. No issue, public transport will do.
    Phase2 : Infant/Toddler stage. Car is needed.
    Phase3 : Early school/Primary. School bus = some flexibility
    Phase4 : Secondary/Poly/JC. Too old for school bus/too young to drive
    Phase5 : Kids independent but don't earn their keep

MRT access helps esp in Phase 4 and 3 & 5.
    mrt definitely helps. but the question is if the large premium is justifiable? usu pple will choose pri n sec schools that are quite near, regardless of mrt or not., unless e.g. u stay in tampines but insists on sending kids to RI (when there's actually dunman high, victoria sec etc. in the east). it wouldn't kill them to have to take bus, or bus + mrt. prob teach them resilience.

but if the buyer thinks it's justifiable, then of course so be it.

the marketing of this project is quite interesting.
    main efforts are spent on the big units. looks like UOL thinks most buyers are buying for own stay families. Well maybe it makes sense.... Park, food center, etc. In preview I believe those who wanted to buy already bought, and mostly big units.
    NO showflat for 1/2 bedroom. no interest marketing them. well most of these "investor friendly" small units are on the worse possible side , so probably can only market as px competitive.
    So different from FEO. I personally find EuHabitat is at a worse location than this. However FEO's wonderful 1bd suit showflat manages to convince many investors to put down their bet. This one, I wonder if UOL will add a 2bd show flat later.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    the marketing of this project is quite interesting.
    main efforts are spent on the big units. looks like UOL thinks most buyers are buying for own stay families. Well maybe it makes sense.... Park, food center, etc. In preview I believe those who wanted to buy already bought, and mostly big units.
    NO showflat for 1/2 bedroom. no interest marketing them. well most of these "investor friendly" small units are on the worse possible side , so probably can only market as px competitive.
    So different from FEO. I personally find EuHabitat is at a worse location than this. However FEO's wonderful 1bd suit showflat manages to convince many investors to put down their bet. This one, I wonder if UOL will add a 2bd show flat later.
    there r some gd 1bdr(full marbles) at euhabitat to choose from whereas this one all facing main road and somemore low rise.....very jialat

and den better facing 2bdrs priced at a premium.....

investor got many choices....dun buy this project can buy others....so many to choose from.....

this project is gone case one......i dun even bother to check out the e brochure and layouts......until now i haven visit the showflat

interest level almost zero for me.....whahahahhaha