Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i visited the showflat and liked it (the showflat ) very much. its the quantum that puts pple off. i like the bedroom size BUT the facings are difficult. there is no "good facing". i guess the best facing is face the park, but buyers prob feel the premium is not justified.
    Agree on this, the pricing is a letdown. Maybe if they built MM sized units with even higher psf$ but lower quantum, sales would have been better

i visited the showflat and liked it (the showflat ) very much. its the quantum that puts pple off. i like the bedroom size BUT the facings are difficult. there is no "good facing". i guess the best facing is face the park, but buyers prob feel the premium is not justified.
    We also visited the showflat few weeks ago, simply lovely and we love it. But price is too high, so high that we find it hard to accept... We are too poor to afford it.

i find FEO soho showflat nicer leh....marbles everywhr and decent livable space too

seastrand , euhabitat, Wt all quite nice

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i find FEO soho showflat nicer leh....marbles everywhr and decent livable space too

I like dream a dream tv ad more

feo is king of marketing, of course nice:P

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    I got the same SMS, it is mainly for the stack nearer to the strata houses, next to main entrance. I think they are trying to move those. Not sure how is the take up rate.
    I trhink the ones facing the entrance are the one very near to the HDB Rubbish Collection Center.

UOL very unlucky this time. This project was budgeted and designed as if the mkt is at the top. Even copy from LKS's idea of "townhouses" thinking selling to foreigners earn big big. And just when it's launched, CM5 came. I went to see it just before CM5, it was very crowdy just like any other new launch. CM5 killed all the interest.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I trhink the ones facing the entrance are the one very near to the HDB Rubbish Collection Center.
    Ya, it is one of the 2 blk near the bins but not as near as the strata houses! I think it is stack 12 for 3bdr

low rise....no view.....so-so finishing....siteplan so cramped....sure kena jialat jialat when green bug season back
    I like the layout, find it v livable, esp the 3bdr but agree the finishing also so-so and site plan is really tight w so many blocks. The strata houses just make it worst. They could have build some facilities in that area. Of cos Im thinking from a home owner instead of developer pt of view.

Quote Originally Posted by PV Excit
    We also visited the showflat few weeks ago, simply lovely and we love it. But price is too high, so high that we find it hard to accept... We are too poor to afford it.
    Looking at the 3bdr, quantum abt 1.3mil, it was also out of my reach too.
    We also like the place and wanted some convenience nearby. However, walking around the shops nearby was kind of depressing cos like machiam not doing that well, kopitiam, supermarket and some really weird shops! There is even a renal centre and noisy bird shop next to the show flat...

43 sold in feb at 1159psf median

43 sold in feb at 1159psf median
    Kudos to their $8888 lucky draw adverts on ST

What do you guys feel would be an acceptable price for a pool-facing 3bedroom patio unit? Those are 1539sqft.

And the cons of a Patio? Cos my other half really likes the open space, for some small time gardening, and dogs. But I'm not too sure from an investment perspective, and hence intend to haggle on the price.

Default 3br patio

in my opinion a fair value would be ard 850 + psf ( not more than 900 )
    as the other non-pes units are being quoted for 1K or even more (1050-1100)

so from an investment point - there is already a gain here and ground floor
    units are popular if u decide to rent out - they seem to get rented out faster

i hve seen the show flat /floor plans and must agree design is very functional -
    bedroom sizes good -walk in wardrobe for MBR - kitchen and yard separated by a door (which is quite rare in most new condos) - and there is a backyard area (PES) which gives a feel of staying in a landed pty - plus pool view -

by the way which stack n blk r u looking at

Thanks. Are you going to buy 1 too? Only a handful of 3bedroom patio left, and was looking at the pool facing ones.

well a relative of mine picked up the one a good unit number ground floor facing pool - so that's how i kinda of studied the project n commented

i think this is a one of its kind low rise development in the reservoir area
    as most are high rise so potential is there

by the way what is the asking price now -

Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    Thanks. Are you going to buy 1 too? Only a handful of 3bedroom patio left, and was looking at the pool facing ones.

You can phone any of the agents to check on the price. I think this devt is not bad for self-stay. A few ppl I know bought units for that and they are ppl who have been staying in the area for some time. One bought a 3-bedder, one bought a dual key 5-bedder and one bought a penthouse 4-bedder. It is the only devt that has the reservoir park directly in its backyard so to speak.

Got to understand the character of the place.

Pros
    Great to live near waterbody
    Near to some basic amenities

Con
    A fair walk to new mrt
    Mrt won't be up till 2016-18
    Might have more floaters
    Occasional mid dew flies infestation

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Got to understand the character of the place.

Pros
    Great to live near waterbody
    Near to some basic amenities

Con
    A fair walk to new mrt
    Mrt won't be up till 2016-18
    Might have more floaters
    Occasional mid dew flies infestation

5 to 10 min Walk

Project TOP in 2016

suicide n death happen everywhere dont we get ppl
    jumping off high rise apts - does that means everyone
    have to vacate the block ? ?

tis is being taken care of by PUB with intl experts -
    dont foresee it as permanent - it could be over when
    project TOP in 2016

The pool facing ones are going in the region of 1.4m, which comes up to about 900psf. This will be our 1st property, and we just want to make sure we will come out ok in the future.

Do you mind PM how much your relative paid for the patio unit?

have PM a while ago

well go where yr heart feels - if u and family like the location then
    it doesnt matter whatever others say - that's how i look at it

further i dont think closer to 900psf it can go wrong as its in a mature
    estate -

property need to take a long term view - and i m sure it will turn out
    fine in the future

The pool facing ones are going in the region of 1.4m, which comes up to about 900psf. This will be our 1st property, and we just want to make sure we will come out ok in the future.

What do you guys feel would be an acceptable price for a pool-facing 3bedroom patio unit? Those are 1539sqft.

And the cons of a Patio? Cos my other half really likes the open space, for some small time gardening, and dogs. But I'm not too sure from an investment perspective, and hence intend to haggle on the price.

Seems like your buying this for own stay (Gardening + Dogs etc.) Then why are u asking about investment point of view? Shouldn't mix ur main property and investment together

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    You can phone any of the agents to check on the price. I think this devt is not bad for self-stay. A few ppl I know bought units for that and they are ppl who have been staying in the area for some time. One bought a 3-bedder, one bought a dual key 5-bedder and one bought a penthouse 4-bedder. It is the only devt that has the reservoir park directly in its backyard so to speak.
    Agreed, this project is pretty nice for self stay. Gonna be relatively near the new MRT. probably not difficult to rent out too if ur asking is not too high.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Seems like your buying this for own stay (Gardening + Dogs etc.) Then why are u asking about investment point of view? Shouldn't mix ur main property and investment together
    Agree with this bro. The dogs will love the reservoir park behind. Not many places where the dogs can so easily find somewhere to run about and with so easy access without having to go on the road.

I don't think a 10 min walk to the MRT is a big deal. Consider it your small dose of daily exercise. It will pay dividends for your health in the long run. Just hope the road doesn't pond with water when it rains. But probably not as this property is on high ground.

If I had the means..... I would buy a unit in this development.
    I like the environment.
    If you feel good about it then consider seriously buying it.
    I am holding back cos if I buy, it is for investment so it would be prudent to wait and see.

Agree with this bro. The dogs will love the reservoir park behind. Not many places where the dogs can so easily find somewhere to run about and with so easy access without having to go on the road.

I don't think a 10 min walk to the MRT is a big deal. Consider it your small dose of daily exercise. It will pay dividends for your health in the long run. Just hope the road doesn't pond with water when it rains. But probably not as this property is on high ground.
    Yes i remember at the launch, was told that the units nearer to the MRT side are on higher ground than the opposite extreme.

if you walk 10 mins to the other direction u get Sheng Shiong and many good coffeeshops! this area aint that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    If I had the means..... I would buy a unit in this development.
    I like the environment.
    If you feel good about it then consider seriously buying it.
    I am holding back cos if I buy, it is for investment so it would be prudent to wait and see.
    Ur holding back because u want ur FH land right?

Btw, i remember certain stacks in this development got Private Lifts. How do u think about that?

Yup. Should consider for the Dog too. Pets are part of the family u noe.

I like it very much. Just wonder what is security like for ground and first floor?

Default ceiling height

Does anyone know the ceiling height for the ground floor units ? thanks