Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    152

    Cool Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Name me the worst condo in SG and please give the reasons why?
    This thread is probably the most sensitive thread ever concieved here, hope i don't get anybody offended.

    I hope.

  2. #2
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Wow. Provocative indeed. Ummm, not very fair because chances are that an older condominium will seem to be "worse" than a newer one, even in the same location.

    But if you asked me, the new condo that has the worst value for money would be Savanah Condopark.

    Sorry

  3. #3
    The linear Guest

    Unhappy Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    The linear is so terrible, you wouldn't believe it until you see it. Definately no upside even at the cheap prices now. I went to see it 1 mth ago, i felt sad for the Early Investors that bought the linear. The noise level was so high, only a 80 year old grandmother can be able to stay there "due to deafness".
    The interior is bad workmanship. The swimming pool is so small. This project is a complete disastor. Sorry for being so blunt, but i must warn the potential buyers for their sake.

  4. #4
    worst in river valley Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    The Aston in Kay Poh Road, of River Valley Road.

    The crappiest condo I have ever seen in D9, 10, 11, and also one of the cheapest. I lived here with a friend for 3 months.

    This is not an old condo. It is fairly new. But once inside the condo, take a look around the corridors. Reminds you of those low cost Geylang apartments. Clean but cheap looking.

    Go into the unit. Dark and moody even with full length windows and sun shining brightly outside.

    Being inside this condo just makes me feel sick. The color scheme, the finishing, the facilities, everything.

    And I haven't even started on traffic noise yet.

    If you are broke and don't intend to spend much on rental, this is the place to rent.

  5. #5
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    hehe....I have not personally seen the Kay Poh road (din know such road exists) condo....maybe I should take a look, out of curiosity. But Linear, I agree, the one opp gombak HQ. There's a Fajar (or something) secondary school behind it. But a 20m by 5m lap pool?! I'll probably sweep some poor chap out of the pool everytime I do my breast stroke or get drowned by someone doing the butterfly. The toilet's shower area flooring uses those small 2cm x 2cm old-time mosaic tiles I had in my flat 25 years back! I was a little insulted when the sales guy said the purpose is to bring back old memories...nostalgia.....alamak....come on...I hope he's only joking....... it only makes the bathroom look really old and cheap (sorry, I can't help it). if I haven heard wrongly, I think it's probably 40% sold now...with 10% discount and an additional flat 30k price slash for each new purchase....

  6. #6
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    hehe....I have not personally seen the Kay Poh road (din know such road exists) condo....maybe I should take a look, out of curiosity. But Linear, I agree, the one opp gombak HQ. There's a Fajar (or something) secondary school behind it. But a 20m by 5m lap pool?! I'll probably sweep some poor chap out of the pool everytime I do my breast stroke or get drowned by someone doing the butterfly. The toilet's shower area flooring uses those small 2cm x 2cm old-time mosaic tiles I had in my flat 25 years back! I was a little insulted when the sales guy said the purpose is to bring back old memories...nostalgia.....alamak....come on...I hope he's only joking....... it only makes the bathroom look really old and cheap (sorry, I can't help it). if I haven heard wrongly, I think it's probably 40% sold now...with 10% discount and an additional flat 30k price slash for each new purchase....
    If the Linear drop to 400 psqf range, it is really worthwhile to buy because it still got 890 yeras left on the lease. When the bukit timak mrt line is finally ready in 2015, linear should be within 5 min walking distance to the MRT line.

  7. #7
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Not likely to happen soon at all. Even nearby almost 10 years-old Cashew Heights Condo (999 leasehold) is creeping up to $500psf in the latest caveats lodged. The Linear is even nearer to the Bt Panjang LRT/MRT stop.

  8. #8
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Frankly, the futility of such a thread is obvious. There will never be a "worst" condo because the market's heterogeneity in the buyers' preferences for different condo features and values will be extensive to the extent that every property or apartment will have a eventual happy, satisfied buyer. Subsequent demand and supply attributes and factors will sort out what are the fair prices of each and every condo.

    However, if you only have a narrow preconception of what constitutes a good condo in SG, then it's just too bad that you can't look beyond your narrow focus or requirements. Does everyone need a putting green in a condo? Probably not, serious golfers would head to the golf courses. Does every condo need an Olympic-sized pool? No for sure. Does all condo need lush greeneries all round? No of course, these need gardeners (which cost $), breed mosquitoes, and may even invite monkeys for a stay-over.

    That said, IMHO, there will never be a perfect or worst condo. You will only find the equivalent when the time comes in heaven or hell.

  9. #9
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Frankly, the futility of such a thread is obvious. There will never be a "worst" condo because the market's heterogeneity in the buyers' preferences for different condo features and values will be extensive to the extent that every property or apartment will have a eventual happy, satisfied buyer. Subsequent demand and supply attributes and factors will sort out what are the fair prices of each and every condo.

    However, if you only have a narrow preconception of what constitutes a good condo in SG, then it's just too bad that you can't look beyond your narrow focus or requirements. Does everyone need a putting green in a condo? Probably not, serious golfers would head to the golf courses. Does every condo need an Olympic-sized pool? No for sure. Does all condo need lush greeneries all round? No of course, these need gardeners (which cost $), breed mosquitoes, and may even invite monkeys for a stay-over.

    That said, IMHO, there will never be a perfect or worst condo. You will only find the equivalent when the time comes in heaven or hell.
    You sounds like one of the agent I met last year
    He kept telling me how wonderful the unit is, when I finally dispute every point that he made, he resort to his last point by reminding me that "life is short", why live a fussy life?

    Yes, there may not be uniform perception of the "worst" or "best", but certainly there should be reasonable common perception of a "good" and "bad" condos under some specified context. As long as we can inform our forumers that why we think it is "bad" or "good", many of us would find the information very useful

  10. #10
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Nah, I concur that most such reviews of the best/worst, good/bad condos are not really useful or informative. You certainly don't base your purchase decisions based on posts here. Besides, there are just too much noise and non-sensical extreme viewpoints at times just like the above one on what deafness in 80-yr old grandma!!?? Look at the other condo review site at www.condo.com.sg, it's even worse there. The top 20 most-rated or discussed condos there certainly do not look to be the best or worst 20. It's either buyers patting each other's back, rival property owners sliming each other, or agents hyping up the market only... waste of time really.

  11. #11
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Nah, I concur that most such reviews of the best/worst, good/bad condos are not really useful or informative. You certainly don't base your purchase decisions based on posts here. Besides, there are just too much noise and non-sensical extreme viewpoints at times just like the above one on what deafness in 80-yr old grandma!!?? Look at the other condo review site at www.condo.com.sg, it's even worse there. The top 20 most-rated or discussed condos there certainly do not look to be the best or worst 20. It's either buyers patting each other's back, rival property owners sliming each other, or agents hyping up the market only... waste of time really.
    So are wasting time by visiting this forum?
    Are you wasting even more time to write this piece?
    SOme of you don't seem to know what you are talking?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    My thread is every simple, Name me the worst condomium in SG. This is not a church session or a property transaction decision. Everything in life is being judged, even us, so why not condos? Whatever opinions given here, potential buyers will still go down to the project that they are interested to varify the fact anyway. So why the defensive statements? Media has been praising THE SAIL since day 1, so does it constitute it to be the best condo in SG? You can say the sail is the worst condo in SG as long as you have the facts to back it up, simple as that. That is what the forum is for. OPEN DISCUSSION OF CONDOS IN SG.

  13. #13
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Have no facts but have money to buy. So how?

  14. #14
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Have no facts but have money to buy. So how?
    You don't need facts if you are rich. There are private bankers here to serve you. If you have no fact, but just tiny little bit of money, that is bad.
    But, you will not be alone. That is why there are 4D and lottos to serve the masses who are in this situation

  15. #15

    Thumbs down Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    AXIS is the worst priced condo in the area, for gods' sake, it is in a small lane adjacent to balestier road. I went to see the project when it was launched. The whole showroom was totally covered by blinds so that you do not see outside the full glass windows. Why, because AXIS is blocked by all sides. Left side, a tall condo. Right side another condo. front and back also with buildings blocking. The worst part is you are in balestier with no view and paying low-end novena prices. Their selling point was their interior. If i like interiors, i might as well go to garden vista. At least it is better in the case of location and enviornment.

  16. #16
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    AXIS is the worst priced condo in the area, for gods' sake, it is in a small lane adjacent to balestier road. I went to see the project when it was launched. The whole showroom was totally covered by blinds so that you do not see outside the full glass windows. Why, because AXIS is blocked by all sides. Left side, a tall condo. Right side another condo. front and back also with buildings blocking. The worst part is you are in balestier with no view and paying low-end novena prices. Their selling point was their interior. If i like interiors, i might as well go to garden vista. At least it is better in the case of location and enviornment.
    What about price differences between AXIS and gardenvista?
    How about in 10, 20, 30 yrs time? Which of these two projects have better chance to go up from the selling price now?

  17. #17
    garden vista Guest

    Red face Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    What about price differences between AXIS and gardenvista?
    How about in 10, 20, 30 yrs time? Which of these two projects have better chance to go up from the selling price now?
    For garden vista, you better be careful, Fareast is going to launch the next project in front of it. Somemore 999tenue, GV only 99 tenue. I really don't know and cannot tell the future for garden vista. Only thing is i like the interior and the yield as of now is quite good. 6-7% yield if you had bought last time, 500-600+psf.

  18. #18

    Talking Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    For AXIS, donno whether sold out already, but i rather buy the other projects in balestier. If you shop around balestier, there is still alot of choices. I would say BUY at $400-600psf max for balestier. Potential gain would be there. If you buy $800-1000psf for balestier, i say you are screwed.

  19. #19
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    GARDEN VISTA IS THE BEST.

  20. #20
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    THE SAIL IS THE BEST.

  21. #21
    exprat Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    If you think Axis is bad, you should see the one opposite the small lane called Monte Bleu. It is at least $200 psf more expensive than Axis and what's more, it is sold out. Never knew Singapore has got so many idiots with too much money.

    Sorry you were speaking of interiors? For god's sake indeed. Interior of condo comes plain. The snazzy interior design you see in the showflat - you gotta do it up at your own cost. Designer taps and cooking hob? For God's sake buy them yourself at any high end designer furnishing store! Won't cost you more than a few thousand$$ to purchase and install.


    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    AXIS is the worst priced condo in the area, for gods' sake, it is in a small lane adjacent to balestier road. I went to see the project when it was launched. The whole showroom was totally covered by blinds so that you do not see outside the full glass windows. Why, because AXIS is blocked by all sides. Left side, a tall condo. Right side another condo. front and back also with buildings blocking. The worst part is you are in balestier with no view and paying low-end novena prices. Their selling point was their interior. If i like interiors, i might as well go to garden vista. At least it is better in the case of location and enviornment.

  22. #22
    prestige whores! Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    For AXIS, donno whether sold out already, but i rather buy the other projects in balestier. If you shop around balestier, there is still alot of choices. I would say BUY at $400-600psf max for balestier. Potential gain would be there. If you buy $800-1000psf for balestier, i say you are screwed.
    It is Balestier anyway, innit?! Who cares if it is on THIS side or THAT side or if it is district 11 or 12! Why pay more for D11? There are condos just across Balestier Road selling for $700 psf like De Royale and Citrine. To me, there is little difference.

  23. #23
    novena or balestier Guest

    Talking Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Yes, that is the problem with balestier. 2 diff sides and 2 diff price scales. Actually it is all balestier. How can balestier command the price of novena? the monte bleu buyers are truly FXXked . They are the early victims of this property boom. Can't imagine how stupid singaporeans can get. Lucky for us, we have decent brain power. The rich get richer, the smart get smarter.

  24. #24
    Unregistered Guest

    Wink Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by novena or balestier
    Yes, that is the problem with balestier. 2 diff sides and 2 diff price scales. Actually it is all balestier. How can balestier command the price of novena? the monte bleu buyers are truly FXXked . They are the early victims of this property boom. Can't imagine how stupid singaporeans can get. Lucky for us, we have decent brain power. The rich get richer, the smart get smarter.
    You forgot to add-on the poor get poorer and the stupid will die forever.

  25. #25
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    You forgot to add-on the poor get poorer and the stupid will die forever.
    The real winners now are sellers, not buyers
    We are talking about third or fourth wave of buying at this momment. Many were quietly buying since 2003, 2004 and even 2005
    just like stock market, when everyone feels the urge to buy, if you are really know to play the game, you should be on the selling side.
    If you miss the boat and still don't know it, you should know that you are destined to be poor

  26. #26
    1* Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Wow, lots of views here! Both bullish and contrarian.

    For me, I got to say that I think prime areas still have lots of room upwards to go. It may stagnate from now to the IR but when the IR is ready, expect another sharp spike upwards and this time it may just stay at that level until the next recession.

    Other than the obvious D9, 10 and 11, as well as D1-D8, I will have to include East Coast, Tanjung Rhu, Tiong Bahru, Upper Bukit Timah, West Coast, Kallang, Boon Keng/Potong Pasir/Woodleigh and Balestier. This is because as the city area grows bigger due to economic progress and urban development, many of these areas will be subsumed by the "central" area definition and included in it.

    For mass market suburban, I sadly have to say not much hope of making much profits.

    Finally to make my post valid for this thread, I must say my favorite hated condo will be Savannah Condo Park. Only one reason: it is located at the ends of the earth in the boondocks. If you wish to exclude yourself from general humanity, this would be an ideal place to stay.

  27. #27
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1*
    Wow, lots of views here! Both bullish and contrarian.

    For me, I got to say that I think prime areas still have lots of room upwards to go. It may stagnate from now to the IR but when the IR is ready, expect another sharp spike upwards and this time it may just stay at that level until the next recession.

    Other than the obvious D9, 10 and 11, as well as D1-D8, I will have to include East Coast, Tanjung Rhu, Tiong Bahru, Upper Bukit Timah, West Coast, Kallang, Boon Keng/Potong Pasir/Woodleigh and Balestier. This is because as the city area grows bigger due to economic progress and urban development, many of these areas will be subsumed by the "central" area definition and included in it.

    For mass market suburban, I sadly have to say not much hope of making much profits.

    Finally to make my post valid for this thread, I must say my favorite hated condo will be Savannah Condo Park. Only one reason: it is located at the ends of the earth in the boondocks. If you wish to exclude yourself from general humanity, this would be an ideal place to stay.
    The three casinos in Macau generated more incomes than 100 casinos comined in Vegas in just one year after they open the door surprised even the most bullish analysts anywhere in the world. As such, there is this euphoria going on Singapore will be able to get on the gravy train and the expectation is very high that high rollers are carrying suitcase of cash to gamble.

    In hindsight, now many analysts agreed that if Macau would have put in as much investments as Vegas on entertainment (shows, magical fountains, all kinds of other gimmicks to attaract tourists), it may actually take longer to surpass the revenue of Vegas. These are distarctions to the real gamblings. Imagine you are going to Macau with the whole family of five kids, how much time you can spent on gambling table? Furthermore, Macau is weak in law and order, billions of cash are coming in to the city to channel thru the casino table. You think you can bring in that amount of cash (non traceable money) to Singapore?

    The expectation for the IR is high. When the reality sets in, I am sure most will be disappointed and the it will be too late to run for the door?

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    152

    Cool Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Thank you, guys for your candid and no holds barred comments. Even the very infamous 1* from mycondo, i think is here to back up this thread. My respect for people who speak up. I hope more condo players can give us more contributions by not being afraid to speak up, after all this discussions are not political
    Thank you very much.

  29. #29
    Unregistered Guest

    Unhappy Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    For the worst condo to invest in now, i would say reflections @ keppel bay.
    Definately lose money. Sell your existing home, sell your car, sell your 50K gold rolex watch, sell your wife, sell your kids, even sell your gold capped teeth all added up together, you still cannot cover the loss in value after TOP. Prices from $1300+ to $2550 psf, WTF difference of more than $1,000psf between the cheapest and the most expensive. Unless you have 2 million dollars of excess money to throw away, buy orchard, at least it is worth it.

  30. #30
    Curious Guest

    Default Re: Name me the worst condominium In SG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    For the worst condo to invest in now, i would say reflections @ keppel bay.
    Definately lose money. Sell your existing home, sell your car, sell your 50K gold rolex watch, sell your wife, sell your kids, even sell your gold capped teeth all added up together, you still cannot cover the loss in value after TOP. Prices from $1300+ to $2550 psf, WTF difference of more than $1,000psf between the cheapest and the most expensive. Unless you have 2 million dollars of excess money to throw away, buy orchard, at least it is worth it.

    Orchard?
    Why compare a condo to a location?
    Orchard is a place with many condos. Orchard may also have some of the worst condos there.

Similar Threads

  1. The worst is over, The golden age is here
    By phantom_opera in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 888
    -: 10-09-21, 03:32
  2. Replies: 0
    -: 25-02-16, 19:21
  3. The best and worst mall
    By phantom_opera in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 36
    -: 03-04-13, 16:23
  4. Which Government's service is the worst?
    By Laguna in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 60
    -: 30-03-13, 00:47
  5. Worst crisis I have seen: Wee Cho Yaw
    By mr funny in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 08-07-08, 10:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •