Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marbles dropping sound

Default Marbles dropping sound

some people said it is only hdb but like to check for those staying in condo, do you heard this? and it seems to happen only at night

its a gecko

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    some people said it is only hdb but like to check for those staying in condo, do you heard this? and it seems to happen only at night
    Are you staying near Bedok Reservior?

My daughter told me that marbles dropping sound can also be heard in a local university hostel. It depends on your room and the block you are in.

I have personally heard the marbles dropping sound in a friend's HDB 5 room and then sighted a "white" figure. The owner saw the "white figure" once too and then moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Are you staying near Bedok Reservior?
    Ya, my friend's Hdb was in Bedok Reservoir

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Such sound occur appear of contraction & resonance of poor quality materials, hence usually occur at night when the materials cool down. If you hear such sound, it means... well....

ya, my old place also had this problem but could not ascertain the cause
    it is very disturbing

i remember this when I was staying in hdb flat as a kid. that was like many hears ago

Aiya..it is the water pipe la. Particles dropping within a very long long long pipe can distort the sound lor..

Most probably due to vibrations of the PVC pipes embedded in the walls.
    http://www.api.sg/main/index.php?opt...id=95&Itemid=1

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

But why only in HDB flats (mostly)?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Most probably due to vibrations of the PVC pipes embedded in the walls.
    http://www.api.sg/main/index.php?opt...id=95&Itemid=1

Since when is neighbour kids playing with marbles so complicated...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Since when is neighbour kids playing with marbles so complicated...
    becos they play exactly at 12 mid-night lor...

WOAHAHAHAHAHHA

Nowadays kids don't play with marbles anymore, all the high tech games..(Xbox, PSP, iPad)..., if can't ignore, sell and move out..

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Nowadays kids don't play with marbles anymore, all the high tech games..(Xbox, PSP, iPad)..., if can't ignore, sell and move out..
    Omg! My parents place... Where I grew up, been hearing that for decades leh!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Aiya..it is the water pipe la. Particles dropping within a very long long long pipe can distort the sound lor..
    Yes, studies have suggested that its the water pipes. Regarding why it happens only at night, its simple. It is only in the quiet of the night can such noises be magnified and not drown by the busyness and noisyness of the daytime activities.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Omg! My parents place... Where I grew up, been hearing that for decades leh!
    Guess u are normal. Many of us probably heard but we just ignore, not bothered...so we should be ok..., if being bothered and can't sleep, then something wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But why only in HDB flats (mostly)?
    maybe because pipes are exposed?

how about hearing footsteps from above? poor material quality?

My daughter ever heard the marbles sound a few times at our condo. It is also in the middle of the night.

Previously when I was staying in HDB, at about 10pm+, my neighour from downstairs came to knock at our house and asked me to stop my children from pushing the chairs, I was surprised because my children were both sleeping and all our light was off.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    becos they play exactly at 12 mid-night lor...

WOAHAHAHAHAHHA
    Wu KUI Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    My daughter ever heard the marbles sound a few times at our condo. It is also in the middle of the night.

Previously when I was staying in HDB, at about 10pm+, my neighour from downstairs came to knock at our house and asked me to stop my children from pushing the chairs, I was surprised because my children were both sleeping and all our light was off.
    This is really spooky....my hairs all stand up! Wah liuuuuuu

when i was young i often heard it whenever i stayed over at my grandma's HDB flat in AMK when my parents were at work.

it is really like marbles hitting all over the floor, and no adult could every give a good explanation whenever i asked them what the sound was. my grandmother would just dismiss it as neighbours' children playing with marbles.

when i went on to the army, the story of 'marbles' cropped up in our conversations as we talked about ghosts. all of us agreed that we have heard marbles in our HDBs when we were younger, and it couldn't be PVC pipes or toilets...the temperature change in SG is not so wide that expansion and contraction happens to create such sounds.

then one army friend told me that in the past when HDBs were built, fetus were buried with marbles and toys before piling was done. the belief was that the child spirit will help to 'support' the foundation. hence whenever you hear it, it's the child playing with marbles.

FREAKY!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    when i was young i often heard it whenever i stayed over at my grandma's HDB flat in AMK when my parents were at work.

it is really like marbles hitting all over the floor, and no adult could every give a good explanation whenever i asked them what the sound was. my grandmother would just dismiss it as neighbours' children playing with marbles.

when i went on to the army, the story of 'marbles' cropped up in our conversations as we talked about ghosts. all of us agreed that we have heard marbles in our HDBs when we were younger, and it couldn't be PVC pipes or toilets...the temperature change in SG is not so wide that expansion and contraction happens to create such sounds.

then one army friend told me that in the past when HDBs were built, fetus were buried with marbles and toys before piling was done. the belief was that the child spirit will help to 'support' the foundation. hence whenever you hear it, it's the child playing with marbles.

FREAKY!
    So KK and abortion clinics have a part to play in supply of the fetuses???!!!!!

Gecko sound. Google it.

someone said price crash 50% then there will be more marbles dropping on the floor...hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shearer
    Gecko sound. Google it.
    Gecko sounds like marbles meh

Quote Originally Posted by irisng

Same same. A neighbour called the police to my place. We were all sleeping when the police came. They say downstairs complain we bouncing balls. Weird. The police checked my house and then went downstairs to tell them go church/temple if they hear again.

Actually i was playing other 'balls'.

You know the market is reaching exhaustion when everyone talk cock sing song with queer stories.