Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Question

Based on my agent words that there might have some "clean up," that's why I bought the Melosa apartment. Secondly, it is the purchase price that we can afford to pay for a freehold property. Other central areas are too expensive for us. I heard that Melosa was fully sold out, is it true?

They have been cleaning up the place from time to time. It is difficult to remove it totally. Taiwan now after 20 years has to may have to lift the ban and legalise the oldest trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Based on my agent words that there might have some "clean up," that's why I bought the Melosa apartment. Secondly, it is the purchase price that we can afford to pay for a freehold property. Other central areas are too expensive for us. I heard that Melosa was fully sold out, is it true?

Legalizing is different from allowing brothels around. The problem with the even number lorongs are that unlike similar streets in say, Hk, is the presence of brothels. Anyway, free-lancers can be any where, eg joo chiat, tanking pagar.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur
    Legalizing is different from allowing brothels around. The problem with the even number lorongs are that unlike similar streets in say, Hk, is the presence of brothels. Anyway, free-lancers can be any where, eg joo chiat, tanking pagar.....
    Sorry. Stupid iPhone. I meant tanjong pager.

There are different classes unfortunate those at Geylang are one of the lowest and therefore attracted the wrong group of people there.

It is a shame that Geylang is such a centralise area and food heaven and yet it is underpriced because of this reason. I understand that it is impossible to totally remove them but at least get them to stay where their territories are and not to go beyond or perhaps can move them to somewhere where there are lesser residential areas so that those residents staying at Geylang area with teenagers will feel safe and secure. Another thing is, the residents (whether male or female) will not be mistakenly be taken as one of them.

One day, when my husband and I went to view the apartment, and when we passed by one of the Geylang coffeeshop, "those people (male and female)" sitting at the coffeeshop uses a funny look at us as though we are from "UFO". When we drove passed Lorong 24, we saw so many men standing under the tree at one side (most of them are in their middle age) staring at the "girls" on the other side. This is my 1st time I had seen such a scene in Singapore, a bit ".....", so scary, so I really hope that government can do something to it.
    Last edited by irisng; 17-04-11 at 16:43.

It became worst with the influx of foreign not talent but workers.
    It is a shame that Geylang is such a centralise area and food heaven and yet it is underpriced because of this reason. I understand that it is impossible to totally remove them but at least get them to stay where their territories are and not to go beyond or perhaps can move them to somewhere where there are lesser residential areas so that those residents staying at Geylang area with teenagers will feel safe and secure. Another thing is, the residents (whether male or female) will not be mistakenly be taken as one of them.

One day, when my husband and I went to view the apartment, and when we passed by one of the Geylang coffeeshop, "those people (male and female)" sitting at the coffeeshop uses a funny look at us as though we are from "UFO". When we drove passed Lorong 24, we saw so many men standing at one side (they are in their middle age) staring at the "girls" on the other side. This is my 1st time I had seen such a scene in Singapore, a bit ".....", so scary, so I really hope that government can do something to it.

If those men really "need to", they can go anywhere irregardless of how far it is, so why must "those people" all gather at Geylang?

as u haf mention geylang is undervalued. That y u can ably to afford it. Butid is clean place. the price might be as close to district 15. don't expect to pay for geylang price and get a Meyer road or tanjong rhu environment.?

Agent words.?? White lies are commonin the sales trade

Won't you like things that are good and cheap?

When I first bought my Bishan 5 rooms HDB flats about 20 years ago, it was only 99K. Nobody wants that area because they said that it was formely a graveyard and you see now how developed it is in Bishan area but too bad, we had already sold it about 12 years ago.

Just be aware that banks do not loan the full eligible LVR for certain places in Singapore, and parts of Geylang fall into this category.

Yes, I just hope for the best when it TOP in Yr 2015. My 80% loan was already approved by DBS at the rate of SIBOR + 0.75% and there is no lock-in period. If you borrowed more than $400K, the bank will pay all the legal fees.

Yes, I just hope for the best when it TOP in Yr 2015. My 80% loan was already approved by DBS at the rate of SIBOR + 0.75% and there is no lock-in period. If you borrowed more than $400K, the bank will pay all the legal fees.
    u buying for rental? mind sharing the size and px u bot?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u buying for rental? mind sharing the size and px u bot?
    He bought at 11xx psf 538sqft 2 bedder

Quote Originally Posted by kaizhe
    He bought at 11xx psf 538sqft 2 bedder
    Shd b a 1+study? Hehe

Is 2 bedroom.

Is 2 bedroom.
    I mean its a size of a proper 1+study

Ya, the floor area of my unit is very small, only 538 sq feet. To make things worst, my unit is facing the west and there'll be another condo coming out that is just opposite mine. Till now, I still cannot understand why I buy such a unit, too easily convince by the agent and is getting more white hair after buying the unit, sign..... Just hope for the best after its TOP.

Ya, the floor area of my unit is very small, only 538 sq feet. To make things worst, my unit is facing the west and there'll be another condo coming out that is just opposite mine. Till now, I still cannot understand why I buy such a unit, too easily convince by the agent and is getting more white hair after buying the unit, sign..... Just hope for the best after its TOP.
    count yourself lucky that ur west facing unit will be blocked.. if not ur unit will be baking hot!!

do u think any tenants or urself like to stay in the baked unit, or a blocked unit shielding away from the sun

Thanks for your console.

your spouse never say anything?

Exclamation

He too said that it will be very hot because of the afternoon sun but the agent said that we can install V-cool and also the condo opposite our block will block part of the afternoon sun.

The only thing in the unit that console me is the main door is facing the east which is the same as my ex Bishan HDB flat. At that time, our luck was very good but after shifting out to the west, our luck tends to drop drastically that our household income was affected badly, sign...... According to some of the Feng Shui, it is good to have the main door facing the East but again it depends on the individual destiny.

He too said that it will be very hot because of the afternoon sun but the agent said that we can install V-cool and also the condo opposite our block will block part of the afternoon sun.

The only thing in the unit that console me is the main door is facing the east which is the same as my ex Bishan HDB flat. At that time, our luck was very good but after shifting out to the west, our luck tends to drop drastically that our household income was affected badly, sign...... According to some of the Feng Shui, it is good to have the main door facing the East but again it depends on the individual destiny.
    FYI.. the sun aso baking the walls.. the v cool cant do that much.
    i walked barefooted into a unit, and the heat is coming up from the floor.
    heat transfered from walls, to anything..

you pay ard 600k.?
    hedges park is better living wf nicer facilities,and much spacious.

PS; i dont buy geylang though the price can be as low as 400k and FH at that point of time. bcos of the loan issues, not to me but im worrying for my next potential buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    FYI.. the sun aso baking the walls.. the v cool cant do that much.
    i walked barefooted into a unit, and the heat is coming up from the floor.
    heat transfered from walls, to anything..

you pay ard 600k.?
    hedges park is better living wf nicer facilities,and much spacious.

PS; i dont buy geylang though the price can be as low as 400k and FH at that point of time. bcos of the loan issues, not to me but im worrying for my next potential buyer.
    I like Hedges Park too, but one thing that puts me off is the location is really ulu. Far from MRT, amentities, schools (except jap school), far from town.

I like Hedges Park too, but one thing that puts me off is the location is really ulu. Far from MRT, amentities, schools (except jap school), far from town.
    locationwise, its more meant for families own cars.. and the exclusiveness and the quietness away from the bustling crowd.
    after a day at work, when u drive home.
    feel so much relax

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    locationwise, its more meant for families own cars.. and the exclusiveness and the quietness away from the bustling crowd.
    after a day at work, when u drive home.
    feel so much relax
    Well, there are equally ulu, but more relaxing places for relaxation, such as Jalan Loyang Besar, Sembawang Greenvale. Also they don't have the risk of expressway sounds (ie TPE).

That agent really too much, talk rubbish just to wan to close deal...

Just our luck. Hope that by the time Paya Lebar Hub can also be completed, at least we still have the chance of selling or renting it out. I was puzzled that If the west sun is that bad, why are the units above us and below fully booked?

Just our luck. Hope that by the time Paya Lebar Hub can also be completed, at least we still have the chance of selling or renting it out. I was puzzled that If the west sun is that bad, why are the units above us and below fully booked?
    bcoz buyers tot 600k getting a 2bedder wor....any layout to show? see whether livable anot?

for rental, usually tenants dun ask wat facing.....so jus make sure u open for viewing in the morning or after 6pm....blast the aircon for 30mins b4 viewing

Thank you so much for your wonderful advise.