Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAA
    i collected keys few days ago and checked the apartment. many touch ups need to be done. a few incomplete work too. quite disappointing - now need to wait for them to fix it before can get my own renovation work done. not sure if can celebrate new year in here.

anyone else has this problem?

Yes.. seems like quite a bit of defects to retify.
    Not happy with the workmanship..

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Man needs food and sex. That's a truism and fact of life. Everbody says not in my backyard. Then where?
    Eventually everywhere will also have.. Have anyone considered Orchard Towers which is chock full of Prostitutes and Transvestites is located among Properties that are $$$5000 psf?

Quote Originally Posted by robdavies
    oh I see,

Must be the fact I am with Hong Leong Finance. Glad I am switching to Maybank soon!
    I got my Refinance from Maybank approved.. Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by KT@AR
    Eventually everywhere will also have.. Have anyone considered Orchard Towers which is chock full of Prostitutes and Transvestites is located among Properties that are $$$5000 psf?
    Singapore becoming the money laundering and prostitution centre of the world? I think not.... This is Singapore, not SIN CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover
    I'm also rushing to do the renovation to move in before CNY. Found several defects, nothing major, developer has fixed some.

But 2 concerns :
    - I brought an LCD TV over to test the SCV points - no reception, not even the Free-to-Air channels. Reported to developer - they say must check. Anybody else faces this problem?
    - And goodness - the DTZ Mgt office keeps mentioning "the rules" - 14 days for renovation permit (and mind you just standard work like powerpoint relocation, Door gate ...), 7 days notice for bulk delivery.
    Anybody else in a hurry to start renovation but waiting for the stupid permit?
    My prev 2 places - 1st one revert within 24 hr with permit, 2nd one took 3 days but only becos I'm hacking wall which requires Architect certification. Here I am asking to relocate & add powerpoints with surface trunking, no hacking .. - routine work - just paperwork process - these guys are saying "you submit only mid last week, we take 14 days".

hear this....i checked with developer on the grills and gates standard and their reply was - they need to check with architect - ????

they are really slow and without any grills, these apartments can be broken into easily. after they come out with the grill standard, it still take another 1-2 weeks before contractor can make it. hence, moving in before new year will take some challenge.
    Last edited by AAAAA; 23-12-08 at 08:02.

hear this....i checked with developer on the grills and gates standard and their reply was - they need to check with architect - ????

they are really slow and without any grills, these apartments can be broken into easily. after they come out with the grill standard, it still take another 1-2 weeks before contractor can make it. hence, moving in before new year will take some challenge.
    Same here, I've been chasing dev for grille design since last Tue, even gotten the list of industry standard designs for their architect to just pick 1 or more. And they know the grilles are needed for security reasons. Let's all chase them real hard. Do it together.
    And the Mgt office is using "no grille design" as reason for sitting on my renovation permit, I was like "you ought to have worked with dev to get design ready upon TOP and pl go ahead process the powerpoint stuff 1st, not happily point finger back at developer".
    I'm proceeding with lighting, painting, furniture stuff - in parallel while waiting - should be able to move in before CNY.
    btw - as far as I know, Main gate no need design approval, cos won't affect external facade, just that damn renovation permit for installation.

I know this is not a reno thread, but I found several neighbourhood shops in Geylang area, thought I'll share :

- A Lighting @ junction of Geylang Rd & Lor 25
    I bought some lightings from there - good service & reasonable prices.
    - If you are looking for those super energy-saving LED downlights - Holly Lighting @ junction of Geylang Rd & Lor 31 has wide selection
    - Window-Cool @ 775 Geylang Rd - Blinds & Llumar Window Film
    - Nippon Paint shop behind Geylang Rd bus-stop after Atrium. There's an ICI shop at 123 Geylang Rd near Lor 1, another one near Aljunied MRT. I got my painter contact from the Nippon shop, honest uncle.

the more i look..
    the more defects i see..
    Errrrr...
    did anybody noticed most of the Parquet is very badly done...? also, the Cooker/Stove is not placed straight side by side...?

I know this is not a reno thread, but I found several neighbourhood shops in Geylang area, thought I'll share :

- A Lighting @ junction of Geylang Rd & Lor 25
    I bought some lightings from there - good service & reasonable prices.
    - If you are looking for those super energy-saving LED downlights - Holly Lighting @ junction of Geylang Rd & Lor 31 has wide selection
    - Window-Cool @ 775 Geylang Rd - Blinds & Llumar Window Film
    - Nippon Paint shop behind Geylang Rd bus-stop after Atrium. There's an ICI shop at 123 Geylang Rd near Lor 1, another one near Aljunied MRT. I got my painter contact from the Nippon shop, honest uncle.
    appreciate the sharing. i bought lights from the light shop and yeah it is pretty good. you know of any grills and gates contractor?

the more i look..
    the more defects i see..
    Errrrr...
    did anybody noticed most of the Parquet is very badly done...? also, the Cooker/Stove is not placed straight side by side...?
    better check properly bro. i saw so many gaps, holes, chips in the parquet work. i have already reported my list to the developer and it is sure a long list if one check properly.

better check properly bro. i saw so many gaps, holes, chips in the parquet work. i have already reported my list to the developer and it is sure a long list if one check properly.
    Yes, lots of gaps and holes and imperfect paint finishing. Just had the lights put up yesterday and spotted some more defects. And do look out for missing screws in the hinges of the doors too. I had about 5 missing screws.

Quote Originally Posted by gerberas
    Yes, lots of gaps and holes and imperfect paint finishing. Just had the lights put up yesterday and spotted some more defects. And do look out for missing screws in the hinges of the doors too. I had about 5 missing screws.
    Anything I can do to helpch?

wa lau a.... i listed out 40+ defects.

some minor.. some major.

sianz..

Default Gas supply

Anyone tried to apply for gas supply? I called to do that this morning and was told that our condo uses gas cylinder cos developer did not make any request to install gas piping.. aiyo, I thought gas cylinders are already a thing of the past! Anyone got contact for gas cylinder supplier? where is the gas cylinder located? I don't recall seeing space for that in the kitchen cabinets??

Anyone tried to apply for gas supply? I called to do that this morning and was told that our condo uses gas cylinder cos developer did not make any request to install gas piping.. aiyo, I thought gas cylinders are already a thing of the past! Anyone got contact for gas cylinder supplier? where is the gas cylinder located? I don't recall seeing space for that in the kitchen cabinets??
    Believe Shell LPG Gas has distributors nearby) :
    http://www.shellgas.com.sg

Window Grille Design out liao - finally. Grey powder-coating takes extra time, so I have to put in rush order - ex also no choice.
    Our DTZ Mgt office very unbelievable - DTZ some more. Come tell me Main Gate also must do same design, same Aluminium, same colour - Novelty side states design is for window, never bother about Gate, dun know why these Mgt Office guy so blur.
    My lawyer happened to call me on my final bill, I told the lawyer, he laughed non-stop, told me :
    - unless main door is facing street/affecting exernal facade, it is encrouching on owner's rights to dictate design
    - if they insist design/material, they must agree to bear legal responsibilities if owner's house got broken into. It is a known fact Aluminium can be easily saw-thru.

It's my home, my own security. My friend's apt recently got broken into - his main gate got saw thru' while he's away - the aluminium type lor. So I definitely want Wrought Iron or Steel for main gate - still sourcing. Any contacts anyone?

When you form the Management Committee, you decide what you want for your condo under the by-laws

wa lau a.... i listed out 40+ defects.

some minor.. some major.

sianz..
    Haha... I had 50+ defects.

Compared with my friend's condo at Bleu. We have better fittings but workmanship at Atrium is highly to be desired compared with Bleu's

Attached a couple of pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Believe Shell LPG Gas has distributors nearby) :
    http://www.shellgas.com.sg
    Thanks for the tip! Just called them this morning to arrange for the delivery. By the way, we checked with the developer about it and according to them, the govt doesn't allow concealed piping for gas anymore ever since that dangerous gas leak incident, hence, back to LPG gas...

Default Workmanship is poor :(

Do you guys have better luck than me or similar?

I happened to be at the site when the parquet contractor was shown the defective areas to be fixed. While he was filling up the gaps along the edge, I mentioned the hole in the piece marked 29, he only filled it up with some putting. 2nd pic shows what it's like after the putting has been applied. Today I saw the developer n told him this kind of workmanship is not acceptable. He (Michael) said he will take the matter up with the contractor.

Sigh.....

Anyone has pics to share?

Quote Originally Posted by geylang777
    Do you guys have better luck than me or similar?

I happened to be at the site when the parquet contractor was shown the defective areas to be fixed. While he was filling up the gaps along the edge, I mentioned the hole in the piece marked 29, he only filled it up with some putting. 2nd pic shows what it's like after the putting has been applied. Today I saw the developer n told him this kind of workmanship is not acceptable. He (Michael) said he will take the matter up with the contractor.

Sigh.....

Anyone has pics to share?
    this is very typical garbage from developer. i have the same experience too. even after they rectify, there are still so many issues or they are merely doing a crap job, just like the one you mentioned. i really don't know when to move in and asked them to fix up the place again. am considering to sell the place soon if this still continues...

Default My First day stay at Atrium Residences

Hi all, just wanted to share my family's experience on the above - we are among 5 families who have started staying.

* My daughter had 7-8 mosquito bites - so folks beware (and keep windows closed) . Have reported to the mgmt office and they are taking action
    * The prostitutes loitering outside are an embarassment - there are easily 10 of them each nite. They worked till abt 5 am in the morning. Am wondering if anything can be done. It seems to be getting worse
    * The noise from activity along Lor 28 is tolerable if windows are closed
    * They have started correcting the defects. will share notes with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil
    Hi all, just wanted to share my family's experience on the above - we are among 5 families who have started staying.

* My daughter had 7-8 mosquito bites - so folks beware (and keep windows closed) . Have reported to the mgmt office and they are taking action
    * The prostitutes loitering outside are an embarassment - there are easily 10 of them each nite. They worked till abt 5 am in the morning. Am wondering if anything can be done. It seems to be getting worse
    To add on
    * The water in the swimming pool has not gotten approval from NEA yet. Though there people started swimming there already.
    * for those taking bus, bus no 10 & 30 had re-routed to old airport road. No more going thru Guillimard road w.e.f 29 Dec 2008. Bus no 70, last bus from Shenton way is 1930. Waited 20 mins before realising it the other day.
    * Watch out for water leaking from bathroom ceiling after turning on water supply from PUB. Water heater tank is hidden in the bathroom false ceiling. Higher pressure from PUB supply caused the pipe joints to leak. Heard from the plumber that 1 unit had their pipe bursted.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil

The prostitutes there are definitely something to be worried of. I believe those loitering outside the apartment are illegal. If we all do our part and call the cops whenever we spot them, I am sure we can get rid of them soon. The last I read in the news was that legal prostitution is only in Lor 18-24. Especially these free lance prostitutes, they should be nervous of the law.

The prostitutes there are definitely something to be worried of. I believe those loitering outside the apartment are illegal. If we all do our part and call the cops whenever we spot them, I am sure we can get rid of them soon. The last I read in the news was that legal prostitution is only in Lor 18-24. Especially these free lance prostitutes, they should be nervous of the law.
    Actually, legal prostitution is only in the licensed brothels. And that starts from Lorong 6 all the way to Lorong 18. How to tell, these chicken houses have white coloured round lamps with huge house numbers in red (though not definitely foolproof). All streetwalkers soliciting outside of the designated houses are definitely illegal. Fish tank variety (mostly Thai) costs SGD$50. In Lor 18 there is one house with china chickens. $100. Illegal China streetwalkers start from $100 and Msians $150-$200. Price is negotiable early in the day and when business is slow. Don't act too yah yah though... as the OKTs are all around. You may get whacked if you provoke the girls.
    Last edited by Geylang OKT; 02-01-09 at 20:34.

Also, there are lookouts posted at strategic locations. Once alerted, chickens will run to designated holding areas.

Friendly advice - just make sure our OKTs don't rent one of your units to be one of these holding areas. How to tell? Simple.... don't rent to Singaporeans, especially blue collar working class types. 99% they are either runners for the syndicates or in the same trade. Another clue... most will want the least to specify minimum 6 months instead of the usual 1 year

No need scared of OKT lah... neighbours should band together in a group of 10 at 9pm at the guardroom and go shoo the prostitutes away....

I have had a few problems getting my defects amended over the past few weeks....

Upon TOP I did the usual checks and reported some defects in the kitchen cabinets (minor), rootftop (minor), and doors (minor). My biggest problem was the parquet flooring in the bedrooms and the staircase (major!).

The master bedroom flooring has 'bleach' marks in all over it! These aren't natural differences in the wood itself, but stain that go over several strips of wood - so must be the result of spillages etc...(see pix)

I complained to the management first and they said they would get it fixed. This took 10 days to get done and looked exactly the same! All they did was re-varnish it! I complained again last week and went round with marking tape to indicate exactly where all the marks were. They worked late saturday night to fix it but they did exactly the same thing again!!! Re-varnished it but this didn't get rid of the marks!!

I am now really frustrated and have to postpone my renovation work and moving in for another couple of weeks. The workmanship is appalling and I am now gonna ask them to re-floor all the bedrooms and staircase. My patience is wearing thing after waiting so long.

Am I being unreasonable or do any others feel the same? Do these marks look odd to you too?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by robdavies
    I have had a few problems getting my defects amended over the past few weeks....

Upon TOP I did the usual checks and reported some defects in the kitchen cabinets (minor), rootftop (minor), and doors (minor). My biggest problem was the parquet flooring in the bedrooms and the staircase (major!).

The master bedroom flooring has 'bleach' marks in all over it! These aren't natural differences in the wood itself, but stain that go over several strips of wood - so must be the result of spillages etc...(see pix)

I complained to the management first and they said they would get it fixed. This took 10 days to get done and looked exactly the same! All they did was re-varnish it! I complained again last week and went round with marking tape to indicate exactly where all the marks were. They worked late saturday night to fix it but they did exactly the same thing again!!! Re-varnished it but this didn't get rid of the marks!!

I am now really frustrated and have to postpone my renovation work and moving in for another couple of weeks. The workmanship is appalling and I am now gonna ask them to re-floor all the bedrooms and staircase. My patience is wearing thing after waiting so long.

Am I being unreasonable or do any others feel the same? Do these marks look odd to you too?
    I do not think you are being unreasonable at all Rob. I really think the workmanship of this project is appalling. I should have taken pics of my friend's place @ Bleu. The parquet is ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE. No dent marks, no ugly taint marks or overflowed vanished settling on uneven pieces. One should ask the developer, if you buy a car and the bonnet's finishing is like such poor quality, will he accept the car.

I fear my wish to move in by middle of Feb will be wishful thinking only.

Default freebies from developer

one of my frens told me during launching time, if u signed up with this atrium developer, u will get freebies such as microwave oven, fridge etc..

any bros here can confirm whether is it true?