Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 611162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Quote Originally Posted by kaizhe
    Hey guys, anyone knows that any projects ard geylang, kembangan and balestiar below $600k going to TOP before 2013???
    Think most of them TOP 2014..

It will last a long long time.

If brothel are shut. Streetwalker will roam the streets. Clever OKTs will operate illegally from apartment and hotel instead.

Better let them be.

Quote Originally Posted by fafalulu
    anyone have idea how long the brothel license lasts? Is the govt still renewing their licenses?

[QUOTE=AK47]It will last a long long time.

If brothel are shut. Streetwalker will roam the streets. Clever OKTs will operate illegally from apartment and hotel instead.

Better let them be.[/QUOTE

In today's society, do we really need brothels? Look at other countries. Prostitution can still exist without brothels and with low related crime rate.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    It will last a long long time.

Better let them be.
    Bro.. please donch kick me out of business!

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-45.html

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-45a.pdf

The 1st development in Paya lebar business hub has drawn 10 bids. Geylang properties good luck!

The 1st development in Paya lebar business hub has drawn 10 bids. Geylang properties good luck!
    Thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    if u own a big unit(3bedder) in geylang...u can rent to 6-8 mei meis.....3k/.mth....$500 pax

but now wif these MMs....buyers nid at least 1.5k rental (450-550k)to make it worthwhile.....each MMs at least accomodate 2 mei mei?.....mabe buy 2bedder got chance squeeze in 3 mei mei....1.5-1.8k abit chance
    1 mattress is just S$10-15 per night

6 mattress to a room. 3 bedrooms.

You do the maths

The links are a good news to those who have the properties around that area. At least now the govt has started to do something, not just say say and then forget about it.

I still think that it wll be much better if red-light area can re-locate to somewhere where there are lesser residential area. Since Geylang is such a centralise area with good food around, it is a shame that family with children are advised not to stay within those Lorongs areas.
    Last edited by irisng; 23-04-11 at 09:21.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think quite difficult. Because of other non-vice activities, e.g. good food etc, there, people can say they go Geylang for food and not vice. If re-located to an area where there is only vice and nothing else, what excuse can you give when you are spotted there?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    The links are a good news to those who have the properties around that area. At least now the govt has started to do something, not just say say and then forget about it.

I still think that it wll be much better if red-light area can re-locate to somewhere where there are lesser residential area. Since Geylang is such a centralise area with good food around, it is a shame that family with children are advised not to stay within those Lorongs areas.

u tink its better to shift becoz u hf put ur money into it....

for me....there is no better place other den geylang....city fringe area is always the best for such activities.....and geylang dun hf HDBs.....developer choose to build MMs there for obvious reasons.....

govt shd try to contain activites within tat few lorongs.....its spreading

and even if geylang become clean one day.....the px of the MMs there will not move up much....its oredi severely overpriced.....perhaps only the regular sized apts there will see gd capital appreciation.....many still 6xxpsf only....

[QUOTE=devilplate]u tink its better to shift becoz u hf put ur money into it....

for me....there is no better place other den geylang....city fringe area is always the best for such activities.....and geylang dun hf HDBs.....developer choose to build MMs there for obvious reasons.....

and even if geylang become clean one day.....the px of the MMs there will not move up much....its oredi severely overpriced.....perhaps only the regular sized apts there will see gd capital appreciation.....many still 6xxpsf only....[/QUOT

There are hdb in lorong 3.

I can give u one more good news

The land parcel in front of the city plaza is going to put on sale next month, it is going to be a shopping mall + hotel

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2010/pr10-137.html

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2010/pr10-137a34.pdf

The land parcel in front of the city plaza is going to put on sale next month, it is going to be a shopping mall + hotel

its more like gd news for those vested in butterworth vincinity

its more like gd news for those vested in butterworth vincinity
    My friend, that is D15 and not D14 hor

u tink its better to shift becoz u hf put ur money into it....

and even if geylang become clean one day.....the px of the MMs there will not move up much....its oredi severely overpriced.....perhaps only the regular sized apts there will see gd capital appreciation.....many still 6xxpsf only....
    No doubt I have bought a property there, though capital appreciation and rental yield are my initial intention of buying the apartment but I have always hope to stay somewhere around the central. Currently, I'm staying somewhere in the west and there is no MRT. From my working place, I have to take about 45 mins to 1 hour bus journey and another 20 mins walk to my home. Recently, my company wants to purchase a property in Kallang Avenue and there is a likelihood that we might be shifting there which make it worse, there is no bus service to and fro my home. Frankly speaking, I like the apartment with the skypool, so I have been thinking whether should I stay there and rent out my current EC. But the only consideration is the red-light area that draw me back because I still have a daughter. I'm sure that most of the residents there will welcome the move not only for capital appreciation but also to avoid the contact of "those eyes" as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Think quite difficult. Because of other non-vice activities, e.g. good food etc, there, people can say they go Geylang for food and not vice. If re-located to an area where there is only vice and nothing else, what excuse can you give when you are spotted there?
    Vice is a micro-economy...
    where the vice goes, the other businesses will go.

So you will still good food, internet cafe, etc etc...

No doubt I have bought a property there, though capital appreciation and rental yield are my initial intention of buying the apartment but I have always hope to stay somewhere around the central. Currently, I'm staying somewhere in the west and there is no MRT. From my working place, I have to take about 45 mins to 1 hour bus journey and another 20 mins walk to my home. Recently, my company wants to purchase a property in Kallang Avenue and there is a likelihood that we might be shifting there which make it worse, there is no bus service to and fro my home. Frankly speaking, I like the apartment with the skypool, so I have been thinking whether should I stay there and rent out my current EC. But the only consideration is the red-light area that draw me back because I still have a daughter. I'm sure that most of the residents there will welcome the move not only for capital appreciation but also to avoid the contact of "those eyes" as much as possible.
    there r always other areas to consider....but since u oredi bot smthing....den bopian liao....MMs near to kembangan and eunos actually suits u better(along E-W line....easy to get u to kallang)....and px hovering ard 1300psf....jus slightly more den geylang MM at 1200psf

our bro mlm jus sold his decent sized 1 bedder near kembangan mrt....ready to move in or collect rental

there r always other areas to consider....but since u oredi bot smthing....den bopian liao....MMs near to kembangan and eunos actually suits u better(along E-W line....easy to get u to kallang)....and px hovering ard 1300psf....jus slightly more den geylang MM at 1200psf

our bro mlm jus sold his decent sized 1 bedder near kembangan mrt....ready to move in or collect rental
    Sorry, I have been seeing MM in this forum very often, actually what is the complete word?

Sorry, I have been seeing MM in this forum very often, actually what is the complete word?
    mickey mouse, minnie mouse, micro mouse...whichever lor....hehe

Anyway, still thanks for your efforts in providing the links. People staying around or near to that area will have more alternatives for shopping.

I think those many older freehold projects in geylang going for 7xxpsf seems more attractive to buy than the new ones

mickey mouse, minnie mouse, micro mouse...whichever lor....hehe
    Oh, what a unique name! Such name is given is it because the size of the apartments are small?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I think those many older freehold projects in geylang going for 7xxpsf seems more attractive to buy than the new ones
    but our sis irisng may wana move in wif her daughter mah....geylang only suitable for single male lor....

remember i told u about my relative....trying to let go their family sized apt(without facilities) in odd lorong 30+ last yr......took a long time to sell and only sell slightly above 600psf.....but if geylang is clean one day, how much u tink it can fetch?

btw, jus realised atrium residence hit 850psf for a 818sqft unit

Though the unit price is low but if the floor area is big, you still have to come out with a substantial amount of money. For those who wish to have their own private ppty but can only afford $500K to $600K, smaller apartment with slightly higher unit price will be within their budget, because if you multiply by the floor area, it is still affordable.

If the unit price is $700 psf and the floor area is more than >1k then the final purchase price will not be that cheap for those people who have a budget.

Though the unit price is low but if the floor area is big, you still have to come out with a substantial amount of money. For those who wish to have their own private ppty but can only afford $500K to $600K, smaller apartment with slightly higher unit price will be within their budget, because if you multiply by the floor area, it is still affordable.

If the unit price is $700 psf and the floor area is more than >1k then the final purchase price will not be that cheap for those people who have a budget.
    but the psf disparity is too too much liao....

take 8courtyard for eg....smallest 1bedder of 452sqft ard 950-1kpsf.....and regular sized 2bedder of 861sqft ard 750psf....its about 200psf difference.....

but hor geylang MMs psf disparity is too much to swallow....

but our sis irisng may wana move in wif her daughter mah....geylang only suitable for single male lor....

remember i told u about my relative....trying to let go their family sized apt(without facilities) in odd lorong 30+ last yr......took a long time to sell and only sell slightly above 600psf.....but if geylang is clean one day, how much u tink it can fetch?

btw, jus realised atrium residence hit 850psf for a 818sqft unit
    Ya lor, I'm prepared for the worst. sighhhh....

With so many properties coming out in the Geylang area and their prices are so much more attractive, I also doubt that I can fetch a good price now if I want to sell. Just hope that with the Paya Lebar Hub, some miracles might happen. Oh God, pls help!!

Friend, you had better do your homework properly. Many older geylang freehold projects are going for a song, approx at just $500psf to $600psf at best

[QUOTE=irisng]Ya lor, I'm prepared for the worst. sighhhh....

With so many properties coming out in the Geylang area and their prices are so much more attractive, I also doubt that I can fetch a good price now if I want to sell. Just hope that with the Paya Lebar Hub, some miracles might happen. Oh God, pls help!![/QUOTE

Aiyo, should not sound so desperate when buying properties. Stay positive, as properties is a long term investment. Although I myself would not buy even lorong geylang properties, some gurus have actually came out to say geylang is a developing area. Just think, when atrium was launched, the owners had problems getting bank loans, but not now with the recent launches.

Also, it is unfair to compare psf with 8 courtyards. The comparison was new mm and two bedder within the same development, whereas we are talking about new mm with old condo and even old apartments without facilities in geylang. I was looking at nv and the differential within the same development was about 400 psf. If you talk nv mm and old condo in pasir ris, it can be about 500 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur
    Also, it is unfair to compare psf with 8 courtyards. The comparison was new mm and two bedder within the same development, whereas we are talking about new mm with old condo and even old apartments without facilities in geylang. I was looking at nv and the differential within the same development was about 400 psf. If you talk nv mm and old condo in pasir ris, it can be about 500 psf.
    i noticed NV 1bedder selling 11xxpsf and 3bedder 7xxpsf during preview launch....any smart person will grab the bigger units rather den 1bedder....

however, in general....mm px disparity shdnt vary by so much.....and its vy dangerous to use the worse example to compare.....bcoz u hf the choice....always sniff out the best deals....

i din use waterfront isle as an example oredi....their 1bedder psf is almost similar to their 2bedder psf.....and our savvy investors in this forum bot the 1bedders

Ya lor, I'm prepared for the worst. sighhhh....

With so many properties coming out in the Geylang area and their prices are so much more attractive, I also doubt that I can fetch a good price now if I want to sell. Just hope that with the Paya Lebar Hub, some miracles might happen. Oh God, pls help!!
    God can only help us this much after given us a brain to think, eyes to see and ears to listen.