Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAA
    i believe there is nothing that can be done about these stupid workmanship. i have asked them to fix it at least 4 times and always it comes back the same or they merely do minor touch up. hence, i will not sign the rectification form. if this still persists after few months, i will get quotation from outside contractor and force them to pay the bill. cannot understand why they cannot do a good job. i am sure the hdb homes are much better renovated than ours.
    Obviously the foremen don't have the culture of "do it right the first time" and thus the workers are allowed to get away with shoddy work.

My master bedroom's door stopper was placed wrongly... they rooted it and left the holes there. Below is their rectification. ABSURD!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by geylang777
    Obviously the foremen don't have the culture of "do it right the first time" and thus the workers are allowed to get away with shoddy work.

My master bedroom's door stopper was placed wrongly... they rooted it and left the holes there. Below is their rectification. ABSURD!
    It's a new unit. You should ask them to change the whole door.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Has anyone got developer to replace a complete item e.g. door? I sure would hope for a new undamaged door.

The kitchen cabinet shelf is already sagging in the middle... I am sure it would snap sooner or later if I don't add some support. Some things are nice but not thought through in design....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by HOW
    Before concluding that these china girls are from certain profession, did anyone of you check with them or whoever?

My wife had a chance to talk to 2 of the china girls who stayed in unit 03-05. There are 15 of them staying in the unit. They are working for OSIM. Not Geylang OKT.
    When some owners get desperate, they will tenant out their apts to just about anybody in order to keep up with the mortgage installments.

ps - the girls don't bother about shoddy workmanship, so that's a plus for owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    When some owners get desperate, they will tenant out their apts to just about anybody in order to keep up with the mortgage installments.

ps - the girls don't bother about shoddy workmanship, so that's a plus for owners.
    Actually why care so much? Yield is Yield... 2009 is a extremely challenging year. Can rent out already should be thankful already... better not choose tenants.

And yes, those girls will not bother about workmanship. Only bother about how much is the rent.

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    Actually why care so much? Yield is Yield... 2009 is a extremely challenging year. Can rent out already should be thankful already... better not choose tenants.

And yes, those girls will not bother about workmanship. Only bother about how much is the rent.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

I wonder if robdavies is living in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    I agree wholeheartedly.

I wonder if robdavies is living in reality.
    If one buys an apt in a red light area knowingly and willingly, why should there be any reason to complain about the streetwalkers in the vicinity?

Has anyone got developer to replace a complete item e.g. door? I sure would hope for a new undamaged door.

The kitchen cabinet shelf is already sagging in the middle... I am sure it would snap sooner or later if I don't add some support. Some things are nice but not thought through in design....
    Send a letter to the developer and say you will rectify the problem(s) yourself and pass on the cost to the developer later. Keep a record of all your correspondences and list of defects and unsatisfactory stop gap measures done so far. This will prod them into action.

Some recent advertisements have owners asking for $700k for their 3 bedroom apartment. And there are many. A tad unrealistic, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Moral of story.... do not buy from small time developers

Moral of story.... do not buy from small time developers
    Big or small developer aside, a consumer is entitled to receive a brand new item free of defects. Why should us the consumer accept anything less.

Big or small developer aside, a consumer is entitled to receive a brand new item free of defects. Why should us the consumer accept anything less.
    In theory yes. But in actual practice..... another thing altogether. Do you know that small time developers usually incorporate a "shell" company (never, ever the actual company itself) to oversee the project just in the off chance that should something terrible happen, you get to sue a different "entity" that has very little assets

ps - hope you managed to get a new door.

So far, for the month of January, I counted 24 advertisements FOR SALE for Atrium Residences. But the asking price is totally, totally unrealistic.

Folks who had bought for a pittance i.e. $540k to $560k are asking for $650k to $700k in this kind of market?

On the other hand, plus points for Geylang below

http://www.littlespeck.com/content/l...yle-090124.htm

I have driven passed Atrium a few times this week at night, and observed no sign of China mei mei standing along Lor 28. I believe the Atrium residents are the family types with children, and the condo management might have been taking to MP...Hope the peace will continue..

Default UPDATE ON ATRIUM - ANYONE???

i have stayed here for 2 months and still the developer has not fixed the unit defects. this is really ridiculous - anyone else has this problem?

the worst part is that they actually come and pretend (or maybe thats the best they can do) to do the job and then its always not satisfactory. it seemed to me that the workers (or even the developer) are just not interested to fix this. if things doesn't change, i will start getting quotation from external contractor and start official claim from the developer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAA
    i have stayed here for 2 months and still the developer has not fixed the unit defects. this is really ridiculous - anyone else has this problem?

the worst part is that they actually come and pretend (or maybe thats the best they can do) to do the job and then its always not satisfactory. it seemed to me that the workers (or even the developer) are just not interested to fix this. if things doesn't change, i will start getting quotation from external contractor and start official claim from the developer!!!
    Better to first document and send registered letter to the developer regarding your intentions. That way nobody will get surprised.

On the other hand, plus points for Geylang below

http://www.littlespeck.com/content/l...yle-090124.htm
    Haha, apparently a foreign friend of mine told me Singapore is over taking bangkok as the *** capital of asia. Every kinds of taste in one red spot.

yes i agree with most of you here that Novelty and their contractors are very slow and seem to show a indifferent attitude in rectifying the defects.

How are the china mei meis holding up at Atrium Residences?

they are everywhere, not just atrium residences.

i am wondering how many of you have not sign the Defects checkout list...?

Novelty are trying to get me to accept the defective windows.

Quote Originally Posted by KT@AR
    i am wondering how many of you have not sign the Defects checkout list...?

Novelty are trying to get me to accept the defective windows.
    Be very fierce and unyielding. Send them lots of official letters. Harrass their project manager. They will give in to you.

What are the current rentals over at Atrium for 3 bedroom unit?

so u have finally decided to house ur chicks in ur home territory
    What are the current rentals over at Atrium for 3 bedroom unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    so u have finally decided to house ur chicks in ur home territory
    Well... Dakota Residences is way overpriced

can house your PRC mei mei at The Quartz

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    can house your PRC mei mei at The Quartz
    Low demand there. IMH patients no like PRC mei mei wan

Strange: There hasn't been any activity (from 9 pm) for the last 1 month. They used to line the streets (esp lor 28) - about 10 of them.

My domestic helper told me that the police came in the later afternoon and raided the brothels - she saw a number of mei meis being rounded up - and the police came on 2 separate occasions.

Haven't seen them - except a stray few at 2-4 am.

BTW, there is a For Sale Sign on two of the brothel units.
    A few months back, my agent told me that one of the brothel owners mentioned that the govt is not extending their license.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil
    BTW, there is a For Sale Sign on two of the brothel units.
    A few months back, my agent told me that one of the brothel owners mentioned that the govt is not extending their license.

Are you are talking about those 2 to 3 brothels opposite the Atrium gaurdroom? Those are not licensed brothels... they are illegals.