Thread: Enbloc windfall

Talking Enbloc windfall

This is my dream but can happen if I am lucky.

What would you do if your second property get a $2 million enbloc windfall and you are already staying in another comfortable and fully paid property.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetee

What would you do if your second property get a $2 million enbloc windfall and you are already staying in another comfortable and fully paid property.
    donate the money to charity so in my next world i can live in a mansion....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    donate the money to charity so in my next world i can live in a mansion....
    WAHAHAHAH My SALUTE to you, fellow Victorian.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ha ha ha! Salute from 0.5*Victorian due to my MOTTO: Nothing without Work!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader

ha ha talk kok only la bro i never forget what a wise man once told me....we all need seed money to make it happen....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Ha ha ha! Salute from 0.5*Victorian due to my MOTTO: Nothing without Work!
    WAAHAHAHA, fellow 0.5 Victorian, depends on what kind of work. Work as a slave for money, or make money work as a slave for you. Note that the Victorian motto is Nothing Without Labour.

My brother nearly got a $3m compensation for an enbloc of his condo (FH) at Dist 15 which he bought at $900+ for investment from his friend >10 yrs but some of the residents are simply too greedy, want more and in the end, no news after that.
    Last edited by irisng; 20-11-11 at 07:27.

To begin with, you must be owning two fully paid properties before you can enjoy the full $2mil. Well, if that's the case, then I'll probably take $1.5mil to buy another property to keep my portfolio status quo and use the other $0.5mil to live like a king for well, at least next couple of years? Dream dream dream!

WAAHAHAHA, fellow 0.5 Victorian, depends on what kind of work. Work as a slave for money, or make money work as a slave for you. Note that the Victorian motto is Nothing Without Labour.
    yes...nothing without labour....

basic very hardworking in spreading fears....i believes he haf been spreading in a few forums concurrently.....damn hardworking pasting and cutting

Since we on enbloc... Question: Is 99LH or FH more likely to enbloc upon say reaching 30yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Since we on enbloc... Question: Is 99LH or FH more likely to enbloc upon say reaching 30yrs?
    If the development has not been built up to its allowable plot ratio or Gross Floor Areas, there is a good chance for en bloc regardless of LH or FH. Of course for LH, there is this cost of lease t up and this cost must be included in the equation.

There are not many developments now standing having not build up to its full potential. These developments had long being sold collectively. Most of the current developments in the market for en bloc sales are already at least more than 80% built up or fully built up. Thus, there is not much financial incentive for new buyers who buy at todays' price and try to gain from en bloc sale.

For any aging development, there is always the potential for en bloc as long as their individual units is selling less than if they could sell collectively. This happen only when the surrounding newer developments are selling at much higher prices. Usually, this does not quite happen because the resale value of such aging development will also rises with the surrounding developments. This is more so for aging FH developments.

Of course, if you buy now and 30 years from now, you are likely to get a windfall provided the rules have not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    If the development has not been built up to its allowable plot ratio or Gross Floor Areas, there is a good chance for en bloc regardless of LH or FH. Of course for LH, there is this cost of lease t up and this cost must be included in the equation.

There are not many developments now standing having not build up to its full potential. These developments had long being sold collectively. Most of the current developments in the market for en bloc sales are already at least more than 80% built up or fully built up. Thus, there is not much financial incentive for new buyers who buy at todays' price and try to gain from en bloc sale.

For any aging development, there is always the potential for en bloc as long as their individual units is selling less than if they could sell collectively. This happen only when the surrounding newer developments are selling at much higher prices. Usually, this does not quite happen because the resale value of such aging development will also rises with the surrounding developments. This is more so for aging FH developments.

Of course, if you buy now and 30 years from now, you are likely to get a windfall provided the rules have not changed.
    Thanks for your insights. Very helpful. As for windfall... Provided inflation did not go through the roof I guess....

I wouldn't call it a windfall, now that everyone is expecting enblocs.... Selling price of properties has already included enbloc premium. So if you can get 2mil for an enbloc, you probably can get close to 2mil in the open market..... So the so-called windfall is only the difference between the enbloc value against the market value with enbloc potential.

What about landed 99lh? Is there such a thing as en bloc after reaching say 30 yrs? Is there any investment value if the surroundings are all FH?

since it is surrounded by FH this old Lh land developer can do a lease top up and rebuild again. No?

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    I wouldn't call it a windfall, now that everyone is expecting enblocs.... Selling price of properties has already included enbloc premium. So if you can get 2mil for an enbloc, you probably can get close to 2mil in the open market..... So the so-called windfall is only the difference between the enbloc value against the market value with enbloc potential.
    I don't think there will be any buyer at enbloc price or close to it. They will be subject to seller stamp duty if enbloc go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    I don't think there will be any buyer at enbloc price or close to it. They will be subject to seller stamp duty if enbloc go through.
    Don't sell if developer does not cover the SSD... LOL! Wait you belong to the minority and kena forced to sell... LOL! Luggi big time!