Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hey, How you guys define "afford-able" ??

Thanks bro. I do try to write down my thoughts in my spare time and have a small collection of writings pertaining to various aspects of life (financial, spiritual, etc) which I share with my associates. Nothing fantastic but it serves as a read for me sometimes when I am in a retrospective mood. You will be surprised how one's psyche and mind-state change over the years. Sometimes I do not even recognise my own writings done tens of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Ya very enjoy and inspirational leh. Samsara come out book leh... I buy... Kekeke

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u sell urself? how easy to sell ar.....i scare vy troublesome leh
    u can place an ad and sell it yourself. Once u and buyer have decided u can PM me if u need contacts to help u settle the hustle. I have contacts that do it for almost free.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    no lah quite easy. place the ad sgcarmart, then people will contact you. usually people who want to buy luxury cars are serious buyers (and dealers) anyway.

i sold it within 5 days, but i was lucky because expat bought from me, and he didn't negotiate much i did all the running to LTA and transfer paperwork for him, even help him applied car insurance LOL.
    i was told if new buyer taking loan....den paperwork can leave it to a middleman tat earn on bank loan comm....hmm

mabe i shd try to sell my car

sell to dealer without trade in for conti cars at least kotok 15-30k off the market fair value depending on the model

Quote Originally Posted by samsara
    Thanks bro. I do try to write down my thoughts in my spare time and have a small collection of writings pertaining to various aspects of life (financial, spiritual, etc) which I share with my associates. Nothing fantastic but it serves as a read for me sometimes when I am in a retrospective mood. You will be surprised how one's psyche and mind-state change over the years. Sometimes I do not even recognise my own writings done tens of years ago.
    looking at your nick, i believe you are buddhist? i am buddhist also. actually blessed with the good life i've had, there's a good amount of money that i actually donate back to charity. my close friends think i want to lower my taxes but basically my motivation is that i believe being blessed with such wealth it is important to cultivate selflessness and give it back to society.

ultimately, i can't bring my money and properties with me in my next life. my guru always remind me to practice non-attachment!!! which i am trying my best to not let material needs rule my life - ultimately we should harness our wealth to gain more wisdom and practice compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    u can place an ad and sell it yourself. Once u and buyer have decided u can PM me if u need contacts to help u settle the hustle. I have contacts that do it for almost free.
    yeah...heard abt such middleman from vag forum too

i was told if new buyer taking loan....den paperwork can leave it to a middleman tat earn on bank loan comm....hmm

mabe i shd try to sell my car

sell to dealer without trade in for conti cars at least kotok 15-30k off the market fair value depending on the model
    yup dealers want to earn money from you, not you from them! just like developers!!!

mindset cfm changes over time

Investment is most rewarding when it is pre-emptive instead of reactive. When we observe changes in the environment, we need to act swiftly on these observations and the corresponding analyses. This applies not only to property investments but to other areas such as business opportunities as well.

Few in the early part of the post-war 20th century would have thought about investing in Singapore land. On hind-sight, a lot of things are clearly seen; the challenge is to recognise potential before the masses do and to have the gumption to act on one's beliefs.

my relatives in msia tell me better dun invest in msia ppty hor.....they say only KL worth looking at.....

den i look at it....might as well jus hold ringgit in FD to earn 3-3.5% worry free int?

vy tough to collect rental in boleh land.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    It is tough and almost impossible for me to switch industry now as I am already almost mid 30s. With 2 kids with me, it is even harder for me to make any drastic changes in my current profile unless there are some kind forumers here who wish to give me some help.

Else, I guess I will take it as it is and just work to my best. As of now, I read this forum as a favorite past time and hopefully I will win TOTO and afford a unit of my choice.
    yo bro yowetan, be "not afraid of changes". u are barely 5 years from your super prime of 40. There are many industries that offer better opportunities. Let go of your fear and ask successful pple ard u, i m sure if u open your mind to changes u might find unexpected rewards.

in todays huat huat times, i see many 30s making 120-150k, and these are not the super huat. The secret lies in the industry i believe.

I am thinking of getting a condo unit in JB Iskandar area, and live there with my family. Then I will continue working in Singapore and shuttle between 2 countries, with my wife and my kids (when they are in schools).

Till then, I will rent out my HDB.

Is the plan viable?

Your 慧根 and 福报 are strong. One's affinity with wealth is a result of prior karma. One's karma is the result of prior action. In giving without expectations, one shall receive ten-fold of what he has given.

Wisdom allows society to discern the roots of suffering. Compassion allows society to work on dismantling them.

looking at your nick, i believe you are buddhist? i am buddhist also. actually blessed with the good life i've had, there's a good amount of money that i actually donate back to charity. my close friends think i want to lower my taxes but basically my motivation is that i believe being blessed with such wealth it is important to cultivate selflessness and give it back to society.

ultimately, i can't bring my money and properties with me in my next life. my guru always remind me to practice non-attachment!!! which i am trying my best to not let material needs rule my life - ultimately we should harness our wealth to gain more wisdom and practice compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    yo bro yowetan, be "not afraid of changes". u are barely 5 years from your super prime of 40. There are many industries that offer better opportunities. Let go of your fear and ask successful pple ard u, i m sure if u open your mind to changes u might find unexpected rewards.

in todays huat huat times, i see many 30s making 120-150k, and these are not the super huat. The secret lies in the industry i believe.
    Hi DaytonaSS bro, thanks for the encouragement. I do need that though. As much as I want or hope for a better salary or package I also aware if I have the quality to take that kind of package.

I admit I am not the smartest, witty nor outstanding. Hence, I am kinda lack of confidence of myself.....especially lately.

Your plan is very tiring on your wife and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Your plan is very tiring on your wife and kids.
    I am currently driving though, and my elder son is only 8 months old. Hence, there will be a potential of 3-4 years period which I do not have to worry ferry my children thru n fro the two nation.

Having said that, my wife and myself have to adhere to the travelling timing. The fortunate part is our working location is near to each other.

It is all about cost of living. Money not enough.

Do you have those on Twitter? I will 'follow'...

I am thinking of getting a condo unit in JB Iskandar area, and live there with my family. Then I will continue working in Singapore and shuttle between 2 countries, with my wife and my kids (when they are in schools).

Is the plan viable?
    viable, just make sure ur kids' schs are in woodlands, and you work in woodlands. then u can drive malaysian car also. i know of people who do that but they don't look very happy to me leh...it's like they are always far away and doesn't join us for gatherings...always in their own houses in JB during weekends/holidays...i think it's suitable for those who are very private people with no interest in socializing...unless u already have friends in JB.

viable, just make sure ur kids' schs are in woodlands, and you work in woodlands. then u can drive malaysian car also. i know of people who do that but they don't look very happy to me leh...it's like they are always far away and doesn't join us for gatherings...always in their own houses in JB during weekends/holidays...i think it's suitable for those who are very private people with no interest in socializing...unless u already have friends in JB.
    There is a problem. I do not have much friends in Singapore and definitely do not have any in Malaysia.

The only copies I have of them are saved in my computer. Perhaps we can arrange a GTG for this forum sometime soon, will be great to meet up with the folks here...

Do you have those on Twitter? I will 'follow'...

Bro, you may wish to wait till the third link is announced before you make any decisions. I believe there should be something on this sometime soon.

There is a problem. I do not have much friends in Singapore and definitely do not have any in Malaysia.

Bro, you may wish to wait till the third link is announced before you make any decisions. I believe there should be something on this sometime soon.
    Please enlighten me what is this 3rd link you are refering, also how can this impact and affect my decision? TIA.

The only copies I have of them are saved in my computer. Perhaps we can arrange a GTG for this forum sometime soon, will be great to meet up with the folks here...
    We should GTG at and gate crash one of the FEO 'lunch buffet' lol and question all the agents until they cryyyyyyy lol

Presently there are two physical links between Singapore and Malaysia. They are the Causeway and the Second Link (Tuas). It is probable that there will be another physical link that will be established between the two countries. Given that much emphasis has been placed on the Iskandar Development Region (IDR), the third link (if any) should provide greater convenience to business folks travelling between Singapore and the IDR.

Disclaimer: the above is just my conjecture.

Please enlighten me what is this 3rd link you are refering, also how can this impact and affect my decision? TIA.

Maybe we could have a group buy with a 50% discount.

We should GTG at and gate crash one of the FEO 'lunch buffet' lol and question all the agents until they cryyyyyyy lol

Investment is most rewarding when it is pre-emptive instead of reactive. When we observe changes in the environment, we need to act swiftly on these observations and the corresponding analyses. This applies not only to property investments but to other areas such as business opportunities as well.

Few in the early part of the post-war 20th century would have thought about investing in Singapore land. On hind-sight, a lot of things are clearly seen; the challenge is to recognise potential before the masses do and to have the gumption to act on one's beliefs.
    Wat u tink of ringgit vs sgd? For the past few decades, ringgit been on a low term downtrend.....any chance of reversal?

samsara's nick reminds me of this powerful movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESvXW0b1NsA
    Ride at your own risk !!!

the third link is the MRT going up to JB lor...

Is the plan viable?
    How long have you live in the hdb?

Trying to semi-retire and enjoy basic passive income from rental too. Any tips to share?
    I am semi retired now, living on rental income and eating away on my cpf actually to service the loan so as not to eat into contingency funds ...while awaiting my 3rd property to complete for more passive income... Meanwhile considering contract job to add on bullets...

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    How long have you live in the hdb?
    I just downgraded from my condo to HDB 2 months ago. It is a resales unit.

I just downgraded from my condo to HDB 2 months ago. It is a resales unit.
    Is there a mop before you can buy second property?