Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Palette (D18, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    LIVIA PASIR RIS GROVE Condominium 1 955,000 915 Strata 1,044psf Sep-11

LIVIA PASIR RIS GROVE Condominium 1 980,000 915 Strata 1,071 Jul-11

Then the buyers must be digging their own graveyards
    actually with that quantum i will buy something smaller but FH in Telok Kurau or D16.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    actually with that quantum i will buy something smaller but FH in Telok Kurau or D16.....
    can find 1kpsf for resale 2bdr in tk now wat....wat u waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    can find 1kpsf for resale 2bdr in tk now wat....wat u waiting for?
    i know but i single man, 30y/o nia...a bit hard to buy 900K apts now la...but i think i can at most afford 7xxk units...lol...maybe i shld buy palette hor kekekeke

actually by next wk i think palette prices will increase 2% liao lor if everyone thinks it's cheap!!!

You need to factor the added cost of reno and new furnishing for TK or D16....and it's probably much smaller? like 150-200 psf smaller? I'm assuming you're talking about resale...

i know but i single man, 30y/o nia...a bit hard to buy 900K apts now la...but i think i can at most afford 7xxk units...lol...maybe i shld buy palette hor kekekeke

actually by next wk i think palette prices will increase 2% liao lor if everyone thinks it's cheap!!!
    30 single..I understand your pain....shack right? Pay for downpayment alone...Almost need to sell backside for my unit at euhabitat...hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    You need to factor the added cost of reno and new furnishing for TK or D16....and it's probably much smaller? like 150-200 psf smaller? I'm assuming you're talking about resale...
    Yup but if strategic enough buy near an ERL station before it is announced prices will go up 20% I think hehe

Quote Originally Posted by coolview
    I find it very annoying why the showflat rules/regulations taking so long to be implemented.The govt should have imposed it long time ago and now still asking the feedback from parties. Why need feedbacks it is common sense that showflats should reflect the exact unit layouts to the buyers irregardless whether up or down market, why protect the developers?

Even to build hawker centers now the government also need to appoint consultants, hawker centers have been in Singapore for the longest time, and most singaporean love hawker centres. why need to take so long to do so many studies, just build lah...
    What to do? Even the BCA regulations for bay window etc. They took so long to review and after they set a date, they still postponed it. The hawker centre one I also quite buay tahan....hawker centre *should be* quite straightforward.

30 single..I understand your pain....shack right? Pay for downpayment alone...Almost need to sell backside for my unit at euhabitat...hahahaha
    Yah worsty but initial pain will lead to gain in the future. If I had my way, I wld have started investing in property the moment I graduated. At that time I still don't know what it meant by "leverage"!!!! If I bought a MM then I cld have built my wealth faster...sigh

I think CDL quite suay to have poorly timed the launch of the 3 projects there. For Livia case, it was in the midst of the global financial crisis, for nv shortly after the announcement of the cooling measures and now this project in the midst of the Euro crisis. An agent told me that he salute those buyers of livia who bought during the financial crisis and are now duly rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by coolview
    I think CDL quite suay to have poorly timed the launch of the 3 projects there. For Livia case, it was in the midst of the global financial crisis, for nv shortly after the announcement of the cooling measures and now this project in the midst of the Euro crisis. An agent told me that he salute those buyers of livia who bought during the financial crisis and are now duly rewarded.
    That's why Mr Kwek always say he price to sell the units. Livia took quite a fair bit of time (>1yr) to clear the units. NV also took quite a fair bit of time (>1yr) to clear the units (although still about 4% left). I expect Palette to take >1yr to clear the units as well.

Yah worsty but initial pain will lead to gain in the future. If I had my way, I wld have started investing in property the moment I graduated. At that time I still don't know what it meant by "leverage"!!!! If I bought a MM then I cld have built my wealth faster...sigh
    well, by the time we got money to buy, missed out the boomtime... definitely no money to pay for downpayment then...

Quote Originally Posted by sotidy
    That's why Mr Kwek always say he price to sell the units. Livia took quite a fair bit of time (>1yr) to clear the units. NV also took quite a fair bit of time (>1yr) to clear the units (although still about 4% left). I expect Palette to take >1yr to clear the units as well.
    Dunno leh CDL bought the plot long long ago, in fact of only sell 50% of all Livia and NV he wld have broke even. Think it can be priced to sell because CDL got the land cheap. Anyway looking at the Palette hearing those prices I seriously think a lot of potential for upside. The mrt location, proximity to beach, tampines mall....think it will still be very popular as a suburban choice of living.

well, by the time we got money to buy, missed out the boomtime... definitely no money to pay for downpayment then...
    Don't worry I am quite bullish about your EU habitat. Once TOP you'll be smiling le trust me heheh

Dunno leh CDL bought the plot long long ago, in fact of only sell 50% of all Livia and NV he wld have broke even. Think it can be priced to sell because CDL got the land cheap. Anyway looking at the Palette hearing those prices I seriously think a lot of potential for upside. The mrt location, proximity to beach, tampines mall....think it will still be very popular as a suburban choice of living.
    Was considering pasir ris previously but it's just...too east for my liking though like you,i'm also a east boy... Max max also simei and must be around the mrt like double bay/my manhattan...

Was considering pasir ris previously but it's just...too east for my liking though like you,i'm also a east boy... Max max also simei and must be around the mrt like double bay/my manhattan...
    Actually now manhattan/double bay in Simei only 2 mrt stops away from Pasir Ris. From this perspective, pasir ris condos more value for money. However if u drive/take cab it is really FAR EAST lol.

In terms of location EU habitat is good u can reach parkway or town in 10mins by car. I live at Joo Chiat now if I speed I can reach ion in 10min (the time taken to walk from vacanza to kembangan) lol

Don't worry I am quite bullish about your EU habitat. Once TOP you'll be smiling le trust me heheh
    Haha. Thanks. I hope so. But it's for own stay..unless i just take the profits (if it really go up)and get a resale elsewhere..

Is that you in the avatar pic? Like Tyler Durden in Fight club..hahaha

Precisely. This is just one of many CDL projects and property development is only one part of CDL's business so unlikely they will panic to sell everything. This 3rd project's pricing has increased compared to the first two in terms of psf. Basically its playing around with the size to make quantum look good.

Actually now manhattan/double bay in Simei only 2 mrt stops away from Pasir Ris. From this perspective, pasir ris condos more value for money. However if u drive/take cab it is really FAR EAST lol.

In terms of location EU habitat is good u can reach parkway or town in 10mins by car. I live at Joo Chiat now if I speed I can reach ion in 10min (the time taken to walk from vacanza to kembangan) lol
    Yeah. Driving now so it makes a difference with being at eu habitat and being at Livia/NV/Palette although i'm thinking i should drop the car and whack another mortgage instead once my unit TOP...

Precisely. This is just one of many CDL projects and property development is only one part of CDL's business so unlikely they will panic to sell everything. This 3rd project's pricing has increased compared to the first two in terms of psf. Basically its playing around with the size to make quantum look good.
    Sigh ya lor...even HDB CEO now says small apts do not affect quality of life lor. Think this is the way to go now, smaller units with more affordable quantum. Some MMs can even do a 2BR in a 500sqft unit, really changing the way we perceive property. HDB also building smaller and smaller....but given land scarcity we are just headed towards HK/Tokyo style living I guess. Those with big condos shld keep...so rare nowadays

Sigh ya lor...even HDB CEO now says small apts do not affect quality of life lor. Think this is the way to go now, smaller units with more affordable quantum. Some MMs can even do a 2BR in a 500sqft unit, really changing the way we perceive property. HDB also building smaller and smaller....but given land scarcity we are just headed towards HK/Tokyo style living I guess. Those with big condos shld keep...so rare nowadays
    For you, you might want to just get ur ammo ready, go to banks to get pre-approval (checkout the rates and packages) and be prepared to buy if you find your dream home at the price you want in D15.
    Better focus on what you prefer if its for own stay and not what you think may be 'cheap'.
    Hope you get ur dream home fast...and go to the pool more often (with the 6packs)

For you, you might want to just get ur ammo ready, go to banks to get pre-approval (checkout the rates and packages) and be prepared to buy if you find your dream home at the price you want in D15.
    Better focus on what you prefer if its for own stay and not what you think may be 'cheap'.
    Hope you get ur dream home fast...and go to the pool more often (with the 6packs)
    yeah i got all my IPA done already. bank will loan me anything < 1.5million, but of course I won't be looking at such a high quantum because i still want to enjoy my lifestyle of traveling, dining, relaxing etc etc....i like to have liquidity...kekeke...

Default From BT today

Published November 15, 2011

Two-thirds of previewed Palette units snapped up
    Sim Lian also sells about 200 of 240 units at Parc Vera since Oct28 launch

By MICHELLE TAN

(SINGAPORE) The Palette residential development at Pasir Ris Grove saw a brisk take-up of 200 units at its preview launch last weekend.

Price range and layouts: The average selling price of the 892-unit Palette was in the range of $870 per square foot. Unit layouts in the 12-block residential development range from one-bedders to four-bedders. The project also has 10 penthouses City Developments Ltd (CDL) released a total of 300 units in the 99-year-leasehold development at the preview.
    The average selling price of the 892-unit residential project, located within walking distance to Pasir Ris MRT Station, was in the range of $870 per square foot, with prices beginning at $561,000 for a 495-sq-ft one-bedder on a low floor and $1.8 million for a 2,217-sq-ft penthouse.
    Unit layouts in the 12-block project range from one-bedders (up to 700 sq ft) to four-bedders (up to 1,798 sq ft).
    The residential development also has a total of 10 penthouses (from 2,217 sq ft to 2,562 sq ft), of which all four units launched last weekend have already been taken up.

prices is almost same same as NV where their 1bdr starts from 55xk, 506sqft

Did u c the 420sf 2br???

yeah i got all my IPA done already. bank will loan me anything < 1.5million, but of course I won't be looking at such a high quantum because i still want to enjoy my lifestyle of traveling, dining, relaxing etc etc....i like to have liquidity...kekeke...
    err....what is IPA?
    You get pre-approval without giving the banks any project names?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Published November 15, 2011

Two-thirds of previewed Palette units snapped up
    Sim Lian also sells about 200 of 240 units at Parc Vera since Oct28 launch

By MICHELLE TAN

(SINGAPORE) The Palette residential development at Pasir Ris Grove saw a brisk take-up of 200 units at its preview launch last weekend.

Price range and layouts: The average selling price of the 892-unit Palette was in the range of $870 per square foot. Unit layouts in the 12-block residential development range from one-bedders to four-bedders. The project also has 10 penthouses City Developments Ltd (CDL) released a total of 300 units in the 99-year-leasehold development at the preview.
    The average selling price of the 892-unit residential project, located within walking distance to Pasir Ris MRT Station, was in the range of $870 per square foot, with prices beginning at $561,000 for a 495-sq-ft one-bedder on a low floor and $1.8 million for a 2,217-sq-ft penthouse.
    Unit layouts in the 12-block project range from one-bedders (up to 700 sq ft) to four-bedders (up to 1,798 sq ft).
    The residential development also has a total of 10 penthouses (from 2,217 sq ft to 2,562 sq ft), of which all four units launched last weekend have already been taken up.
    priced to sell. if have extra cash, i wld say, BUY. i am not agent hor, kekeke, nho vested interest also, but last week i went showroom i know Pasir Ris a lot of room for upside.

1. Pasir Ris Beach - Though a poorer cousin of ECP, not ATAS, at least there are activities along the beach compared to West Coast. And there will always be demand for 'resort' living. Haha.

2. Downtown East, Whitesands Mall and several smaller malls. Amenities tick. And surely with higher influx of people into the neighbourhood, it makes sense to expect malls to upgrade in the future.

3. Short drive to Tampines Central, Changi Airport, Changi Business Park. Potential renters.

4. Educational institutions, IKEA, GIANT etc. Families love!

5. Big supply of potential HDB upgraders as though who love Pasir Ris will always love to live in that area near their family and relatives

6. 700m walk to MRT. Not at your doorstep, but doesn't need feeder bus.

7. Access to TPE/PIE/ECP

8. The identity of Pasir Ris has always been 'resort living', if I were URA planner, I think I will further enhance this identity and make it more upmarket (just like how Punggol Waterway has transformed the identity of a marshland). Pasir Ris Punggol GRC is a HUGE GRC. Votes are important to them. And PAP will go all out to pander to the young families and voters.

That's all I can think of for now.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    err....what is IPA?
    You get pre-approval without giving the banks any project names?
    yah In-principle approval based on my income. i.e. Banks will disburse any mortgage loan up to the amount based on the approval.

priced to sell. if have extra cash, i wld say, BUY. i am not agent hor, kekeke, nho vested interest also, but last week i went showroom i know Pasir Ris a lot of room for upside.

1. Pasir Ris Beach - Though a poorer cousin of ECP, not ATAS, at least there are activities along the beach compared to West Coast. And there will always be demand for 'resort' living. Haha.

2. Downtown East, Whitesands Mall and several smaller malls. Amenities tick. And surely with higher influx of people into the neighbourhood, it makes sense to expect malls to upgrade in the future.

3. Short drive to Tampines Central, Changi Airport, Changi Business Park. Potential renters.

4. Educational institutions, IKEA, GIANT etc. Families love!

5. Big supply of potential HDB upgraders as though who love Pasir Ris will always love to live in that area near their family and relatives

6. 700m walk to MRT. Not at your doorstep, but doesn't need feeder bus.

7. Access to TPE/PIE/ECP

8. The identity of Pasir Ris has always been 'resort living', if I were URA planner, I think I will further enhance this identity and make it more upmarket (just like how Punggol Waterway has transformed the identity of a marshland). Pasir Ris Punggol GRC is a HUGE GRC. Votes are important to them. And PAP will go all out to pander to the young families and voters.

That's all I can think of for now.
    Personally, as you might be aware, I am familiar with the East, have vested interest and also follow local/global news/trends for years. My opinion is this project is neither cheap nor expensive. The average psf was within my prediction (if you refer to posting some weeks back). It is priced to sell by offsetting a higher psf against smaller unit size. For anyone looking for "investment", better choice will be to pick smaller units within the project.

Personally, as you might be aware, I am familiar with the East, have vested interest and also follow local/global news/trends for years. My opinion is this project is neither cheap nor expensive. The average psf was within my prediction (if you refer to posting some weeks back). It is priced to sell by offsetting a higher psf against smaller unit size. For anyone looking for "investment", better choice will be to pick smaller units within the project.
    What do you think of the potential in the future compared to woodlands and JLD?
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    What do you think of the potential in the future compared to woodlands and JLD?
    Seriously very hard to say.