Page 561 of 561 FirstFirst ... 531536541546551556557558559560561
Results 16,801 to 16,815 of 16815

Thread: Property price is coming down fast

  1. #16801
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    What to do, SCs want high pay .. once u tighten cheap labor, be prepared for wage inflation

    if you go Norway, you will be shocked on how expensive a cup of coffee is
    And go toilet got to pay 1.50 to 2 euro in Europe

  2. #16802
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    What to do, SCs want high pay .. once u tighten cheap labor, be prepared for wage inflation

    if you go Norway, you will be shocked on how expensive a cup of coffee is

    Beats me. But I don't know why the government is restricting the supply of bangla workers when no SC will work as construction workers and toilet cleaners.

    You target 6.9 million people, but who is going to build the housing for the extra 2 million people?

    On the other hand, I see S passes and EP still easily issued for PMET positions.

    Anyway, the higher the inflation, the more CM will be imposed on properties.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

  3. #16803
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    Beats me. But I don't know why the government is restricting the supply of bangla workers when no SC will work as construction workers and toilet cleaners.

    You target 6.9 million people, but who is going to build the housing for the extra 2 million people?

    On the other hand, I see S passes and EP still easily issued for PMET positions.

    Anyway, the higher the inflation, the more CM will be imposed on properties.
    one reason would be to force developers to improve construction productivity, since that's the official tune of the day.

    i suspect another possible reason is to purposefully delay the housing units coming into the market - to smoothen out the looming spike in 2013/14, forcefully crank up salaries in the sector, etc

  4. #16804
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,438

    Default

    2 euros can only get you a super stinky toilet most of the time. I usually have to pay 5 euros for those nicer and cleaner ones. During my time, 5 euros is about $12 singapore dollars.

    It is even worse in Zurich. S$15 per visit to toilet. And Singaporeans complain about high cost of living. Hahaha.

    And their salary isn't fantastic. It looks high on paper but in reality, the nett salary is pathetic.

    I was working as junior engineer then. About Singapore $12,000 of which $6,500 goes to taxes. Left $5,500.

    Just to illustrate, a McFlurry magnam there cost about S$10. A mc meal is about S$35 to $40. So you can think how much their stuff cost there. The scenery is fantastic, air is clean, lesser people, efficient transport but really hard to survive. My colleagues told me they have to cook at home because it is impossible to eat out most of the time. I come back after 1.5 years there and I feel richer even though my salary was just 4k.




    Quote Originally Posted by PN
    And go toilet got to pay 1.50 to 2 euro in Europe

  5. #16805
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    What to do, SCs want high pay .. once u tighten cheap labor, be prepared for wage inflation

    if you go Norway, you will be shocked on how expensive a cup of coffee is
    me don't need high pay, me just don't want pay cut nia =(

  6. #16806
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    2 euros can only get you a super stinky toilet most of the time. I usually have to pay 5 euros for those nicer and cleaner ones. During my time, 5 euros is about $12 singapore dollars.

    It is even worse in Zurich. S$15 per visit to toilet. And Singaporeans complain about high cost of living. Hahaha.

    And their salary isn't fantastic. It looks high on paper but in reality, the nett salary is pathetic.

    I was working as junior engineer then. About Singapore $12,000 of which $6,500 goes to taxes. Left $5,500.

    Just to illustrate, a McFlurry magnam there cost about S$10. A mc meal is about S$35 to $40. So you can think how much their stuff cost there. The scenery is fantastic, air is clean, lesser people, efficient transport but really hard to survive. My colleagues told me they have to cook at home because it is impossible to eat out most of the time. I come back after 1.5 years there and I feel richer even though my salary was just 4k.


    I know a china engineer who said his friends went to Japan work as toilet cleaner can earn more than him.

    I told him the cost of transport and food in Japan is high, but he said his friends ride bicycle to work, eat instant noodles for lunch and dinner, can save more money than him.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

  7. #16807
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    garmen imposing CMs is to moderate property price increase so that it is on par or lower than with salary increase .. no issue if D'Nest selling for 1000psf for their 7xxsqft 2br

    normally it is FEO who spoils the game by setting high prices in OCR and invites the next CM ... their SOHO also artificially boost the avg psf in a project
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  8. #16808
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    2 euros can only get you a super stinky toilet most of the time. I usually have to pay 5 euros for those nicer and cleaner ones. During my time, 5 euros is about $12 singapore dollars.

    It is even worse in Zurich. S$15 per visit to toilet. And Singaporeans complain about high cost of living. Hahaha.

    And their salary isn't fantastic. It looks high on paper but in reality, the nett salary is pathetic.

    I was working as junior engineer then. About Singapore $12,000 of which $6,500 goes to taxes. Left $5,500.

    Just to illustrate, a McFlurry magnam there cost about S$10. A mc meal is about S$35 to $40. So you can think how much their stuff cost there. The scenery is fantastic, air is clean, lesser people, efficient transport but really hard to survive. My colleagues told me they have to cook at home because it is impossible to eat out most of the time. I come back after 1.5 years there and I feel richer even though my salary was just 4k.
    Thanks for sharing. No wonder, it is so difficult to find public toilet in London and even poland, turkey.

  9. #16809
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,438

    Default

    You can literally spell the shit and pee near the subway. Especially in France, Italy and Greece. Who in the right mind will pay a few euros just to go toilet.

    Anyway, my point on the salary is that on paper, you have high salary. So don't be fooled.


    Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Thanks for sharing. No wonder, it is so difficult to find public toilet in London and even poland, turkey.

  10. #16810
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I am still waiting for the biggest cooling measure ...but but LKY just said we must take in immigrants mah

    If you hear him at the Standard Chartered seminar, you will notice how matter of factly he put in.

    The 6.9 million is a done deal. With foreign labor restraint, it will only mean that the timing of immigrants (LKY says these are high end immigrants - we are selective!), will skew towards a people-come-in-first-then build-more-condos situation!

    Sit tight!

    Those still at the Jetty --> there is still a very good chance if you take this next boat! When the 5% inflation stays for a few years, it will become a given and people will start getting used to it. And that will include property price increases.

    DKSG

  11. #16811
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    ...

    Sit tight!

    Those still at the Jetty --> there is still a very good chance if you take this next boat! When the 5% inflation stays for a few years, it will become a given and people will start getting used to it. And that will include property price increases.

    DKSG
    yeah, they interview the Urban Vista buyer who has multiple properties, to him/her, ABSD is less of a peanut

    our China friends already arrange for divorce to avoid paying capital gain tax, what is ABSD 7%
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  12. #16812
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    yeah, they interview the Urban Vista buyer who has multiple properties, to him/her, ABSD is less of a peanut

    our China friends already arrange for divorce to avoid paying capital gain tax, what is ABSD 7%
    Correction : 15% ABSD.

    Not many people can understand the foreigners buying mentality.
    If you use your local thinking, of course DIE DIE wont pay the 15% ABSD la!

    But if you are a foreigner, either from a country whereby your daughter has a good chance of getting raped in a bus, or a country whereby buying additional property is TOTALLY banned, then 15% tax is really peanuts. Also considering that the additional tax brings the government to your side of the investment. ie, if property prices drop, government stop land sales, remove CMs.

    DKSG

  13. #16813

    Default Re: Property price is coming down fast

    Thanks for sharing information . I am waiting for down property rates
    Digital Marketing Manager
    cleaning services in singapore
    SB Cleaning Services Pte Ltd
    +65 6445 9326
    +65 9005 9493
    [email protected]
    https://carpetcleaning.sg/

  14. #16814
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    9,465

    Default Re: Property price is coming down fast

    Quote Originally Posted by carpetcleansg View Post
    Thanks for sharing information. I am waiting for down property rates
    Wow, waiting since 2013.

  15. #16815
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    9,465

    Default Re: Property price is coming down fast

    I also waiting but I know it is impossible.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    -: 09-01-17, 05:29
  2. Replies: 0
    -: 10-07-16, 20:53
  3. Property Prices Coming Down?
    By Londonproperty123 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 16
    -: 28-04-14, 10:51
  4. Property price is definitely coming down NOW as reported
    By Leeds in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 38
    -: 28-02-12, 21:02
  5. Smaller property projects sell fast even with little marketing
    By mr funny in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 17-02-07, 11:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •