Page 532 of 561 FirstFirst ... 502507512517522527528529530531532533534535536537542547552557 ... LastLast
Results 15,931 to 15,960 of 16815

Thread: Property price is coming down fast

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods
    I came across an elderly gentleman who bought into a new development recently and telling me that if not for his wife, he would have waited.

Hearing from you, I have this feeling that most guys seem to take their missus as an 'excuse' to buy into something they so desire and not wanting to admit it. I must agree that keeping your missus happy is important.
    女人是房价上涨的帮凶

百姓都在骂房价太高,许多女人都参与到这个“骂战”中来,殊不知,女人自己成了房价猛涨的帮凶。中国女人有着强烈的依赖心理,出嫁总是抱着一种“我把自己托付给你”的心态。要嫁就嫁个有房的人,如果听说对方没有房子,就会发出威胁:等你买了房再说,没买房别谈婚论嫁。这还算好点的,碰上犟的,连房也没有?分手,掉送就走人。

中国男人受女性的这种“压迫”,就拚命去赚钱买房,目的很单纯,就是为了要娶个媳妇成个家生儿育女。许多人就这样稀里糊涂的成了房奴,等到结婚后,女人与男人一起“房奴”,共同拚死拚活挣钱还贷。

女人这种思想,无疑成了推高房价帮凶,如果女人不要求男方一定要有房才恋爱结婚,那么,会有许多人不会加入到置业大军中去,至少会延缓。每个人恋爱结婚都要买房,中国有三四亿家庭,就需要三四亿套房,这还不算拥有多套房的和中途换房的,女人们无形中拉大了刚性需求。有大量需求,房子没有不涨价的理。
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    incidentally i have many friends in the industries where they are very good at calculation - banking (risk management), accounting, etc. they all cash alot, but dun dare to buy ppty. even if they buy, their leverage is like 20-30%.

my other frens who are mainly in marketing - they have all made a few killings over the last 10 years and own 2-3 pptys minimum.

that's why i say, analyse until paralyse. perhaps, ignorance is bliss.
    Today china property is the single most important sector in the world. It consumes huge amount of world's steel, copper wire, aluminium, cement, etc. Who can predict such an event 10 year ago?. We can only make guesses. All I know now is not easy nor cheap to even buy a HDB. For my children generation is not going to get any easier.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Today china property is the single most important sector in the world. It consumes huge amount of world's steel, copper wire, aluminium, cement, etc. Who can predict such an event 10 year ago?. We can only make guesses. All I know now is not easy nor cheap to even buy a HDB. For my children generation is not going to get any easier.
    that is because the country is in the same phase of growth as US in 1970's ... US has very high inflation too during that time ... baby boomers in their prime earning capacities

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    that is because the country is in the same phase of growth as US in 1970's ... US has very high inflation too during that time ... baby boomers in their prime earning capacities
    That's what I worry about. Their appetite for "the good life" is insatiable. We are small, they can just "spit" at us and we will be "drown". You are right, China baby boomers will definitely drive up inflation.

By the way, very interested to know what economics degree or credentials you have? Care to tell us? That may help to convince more of those who don't believe in the economic theory you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Just to add on to your point. The only theory in economics is the Perfect Market and Perfect Competition which we know do not exist. The studies of economics is built upon this one and only theory. All other theories if you may want to call them are simply obsersations put together to describe past and future events or possible occurrences.

Economists can only try to predict future events base on a set of variables and not any theory per se. With this in mind, we now know that even with the same set of variables, the outcome can be different because there are other non-economics factors such as vested interest of government, cultural differences and others which will affect the out come of any changes in governments' monentary and fiscal policies.

Like Physicians, economists attempts to develop cause and effect to predict the future. That is the reason why fiscal and monentary policies are constantly 'tweeked' and reviewed to fine tune for the desired outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    That's what I worry about. Their appetite for "the good life" is insatiable. We are small, they can just "spit" at us and we will be "drown". You are right, China baby boomers will definitely drive up inflation.
    SG also got baby boomers, by importing niche cafes & high end drinks/food outlets are springing up everywhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    By the way, very interested to know what economics degree or credentials you have? Care to tell us? That may help to convince more of those who don't believe in the economic theory you mentioned?
    He is very articulate in explaining the theories. I wish I had him as tutor for my economic subject, so I didn't have to resort to cheating for my test.

Use subsidsed EC land to sell to middle income Singaporean families at very high prices and reap big profits, can't think of appropriate words to describe developers other other than greedy and descipable. Looks like all the Govt subsides intended for the Singaporean middle income families, went to the developer's pocket instead.

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/ED...1m-exec-condos

Drop subsidies for S$1m exec condos

From Jack Lim Hock Ann
    04:45 AM Dec 04, 2012
    TODAYonline

I echo the National Development Minister's call for developers to remember the intent of executive condominiums (ECs) even as they fall over themselves to offer luxurious furnishings to buyers ("Keep spirit of exec condo policy, Khaw tells developers", Nov 24).

The policy is intended to help families earning S$12,000 or less to buy affordable condos built on government land.

But when a unit at Heron Bay has been sold for S$1.77 million and CityLife@Tampines is now offering a 4,349-square-foot penthouse for more than S$2 million, questions are raised, especially as most Singaporeans can only dream of affording them.

Should not land sold to developers at a lower rate than for private housing be regulated by the Housing and Development Board (HDB) more stringently? What are these regulations? Is there a need for greater consistency and transparency?

Surely, developers charging high prices and profiting from subsidised housing - at the expense of taxpayers - is not what the HDB intended.

Second, like many young Singaporeans, my wife and I benefited from our first subsidised HDB flat when it was all we could afford.

But if one can afford a condo unit costing more than S$1 million, is one deserving of the government subsidy that makes ECs more affordable?

This betrays the policy's intent and exposes flaws in the system, so let us put taxpayers' money to better use and causes.

Having said that, we should not detract from helping Singaporeans who genuinely benefit from the EC scheme. We should consider pegging subsidy levels to the price, unit size and number of families living in it.

Units costing more than S$600,000 should be subsidised on a decreasing scale. Units costing over S$1 million should not be subsidised.

When it concerns taxpayers' money, scarce resources such as land and the price of subsidised housing for Singaporeans, we require more than a guiding spirit. We need clear, stringent and consistent HDB policies.

Simple demand and supply.

Buyers do not buy if they find prices too high and developers will have to adjust their expectations.

more like panic buyers to me than greedy developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Simple demand and supply.

Buyers do not buy if they find prices too high and developers will have to adjust their expectations.

more like panic buyers to me than greedy developers.

If it's simply based on market principles like in private property, then there's no point in selling subsidised land to private developers. The purpose of the land subsidy is to lower the price for this group of consumers, but the subsidy ended up becoming a bigger profit margin for the developer. Maybe HDB should develop and sell ECs instead of private developers.

Quote Originally Posted by seletar
    If it's simply based on market principles like in private property, then there's no point in selling subsidised land to private developers. The purpose of the land subsidy is to lower the price for this group of consumers, but the subsidy ended up becoming a bigger profit margin for the developer. Maybe HDB should develop and sell ECs instead of private developers.
    Bro, how is the land subsidized? I think they all go thru bidding process. I think if you about it, @>4 k sq ft it cost 2 mil. Less than 500 psf. I think cheap wat. Only issue is quantum. So this people will have parents support. So big a unit, will have multi generation leaving... Look at pinnacle, also expensive.

The subsidy I think is when customer buy the ec and grant given by govt.

Bro, don't get upset lah, it is really bad for you. If u want change, u either join pap or opposition. Really, the change only begins there.

Relax and merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    If u want change, u either join pap or opposition. Really, the change only begins there.

i think better join PAP lah. current oppo... cannot change anything.

Bro, how is the land subsidized? I think they all go thru bidding process. I think if you about it, @>4 k sq ft it cost 2 mil. Less than 500 psf. I think cheap wat. Only issue is quantum. So this people will have parents support. So big a unit, will have multi generation leaving... Look at pinnacle, also expensive.

Bro, don't get upset lah, it is really bad for you. If u want change, u either join pap or opposition. Really, the change only begins there.

Absolutely correct....
    The quantum is high but price still cheap

The psf price is still much cheaper if compared to private condo. By building very big sf unit, developer's profit margin actually slim down (cos psf usually lower for big unit).. Developer can build many small units with higher psf margin right? so, what is the greed of developer? more like Singaporean couple prefer luxurious & big houses.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    The psf price is still much cheaper if compared to private condo. By building very big sf unit, developer's profit margin actually slim down (cos psf usually lower for big unit).. Developer can build many small units with higher psf margin right? so, what is the greed of developer? more like Singaporean couple prefer luxurious & big houses.
    easier to sell one big unit than 4 small units also. and becoz big units seem so cheap, they move very fast.

Bro, how to relax. I've to work day and night this week, since monday work till 2am go home and back to work at 9am, and work like this till friday. This happens every month, work is neverending. Probably the only relaxing thing is drink kopi read some news and write in this forum when there's some free time in between work. My life is work and family, no time for political parties, just a citizen voting and attending some rallies during election.

It's too early for Christmas, but merry Christmas to you too.

Bro, I fully understand your life. Many times people ask me why I don't start my own biz? I tell them, the minute u start, the first 2 years, you will be lucky if u can even break even (some more loss of 'income'). Next 10 years, want to expand also scared of credit risk. Worry about employee - have to deal with their emo, worry about cash flow (which is the biggest nitemare in any biz), worry about economy, handle customer complain, worry about bad debt, wa Lao... List goes on... But u get satisfaction for being own boss.
    For me, I took the easy route. Work for someone... I not so hardworking... I also want comfort and family time... Hope your biz fly and u will be rewarded...

Bro, Christmas is only 20+ days leh... I now in Christmas mood liao. It seems like 2012 jan was yesterday. Hahahaha

Wishing u a merry Christmas again.

Cheers

Bro, how to relax. I've to work day and night this week, since monday work till 2am go home and back to work at 9am, and work like this till friday. This happens every month, work is neverending. Probably the only relaxing thing is drink kopi read some news and write in this forum when there's some free time in between work. My life is work and family, no time for political parties, just a citizen voting and attending some rallies during election.

Since you are your own boss, you should be happy that you are working day and night.
    Free time means no money, and that would be even more stressful!

if not because we import baby boomers .. no way OCR is at 1000psf and HDB can sell for 600psf now

Just wanted to revive this stupid post. I think people already got tired of all the nonsense. And did we hear prices went up 2.5% in Q4 2012? URA has been reporting an increase Q after Q. Where is the 20% drop that Mr. B has saw? Hahaha

B Is looking at his chart upside down la.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Just wanted to revive this stupid post. I think people already got tired of all the nonsense. And did we hear prices went up 2.5% in Q4 2012? URA has been reporting an increase Q after Q. Where is the 20% drop that Mr. B has saw? Hahaha
    a drop of 20% now will just bring prices back to 3Q09 level, not bad at all.

Bank issued housing loans grew $3 billion in one month from Oct to Nov, private debt up to 165% of GDP.

Total bank loans in November 2012 = $481.7 billion (165% of GDP)

Business loans = $277 billion (94.9% of GDP)

Consumer loans = $204.8 billion (70.1% of GDP)

Housing loans = $150.3 billion (51.5% of GDP) , this amount excludes cpf issued housing loans for HDB, if included the total housing loans in s'pore could be over 100% of GDP.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...245279/1/.html

Total bank lending in S'pore up 15.9% in Nov: MAS

Channel News Asia
    By Thomas Cho | Posted: 31 December 2012 1334 hrs

SINGAPORE: Total bank lending in Singapore continued to grow in November, up 15.9 per cent from a year ago.

The latest Monetary Authority of Singapore data showed loans and advances by domestic banking units amounted to S$481.74 billion in November. This was about 0.5 per cent higher than the S$479.42 billion in October.

Loans to businesses in November contracted slightly from S$278.1 billion in October to S$277 billion. This was mainly due to the drop in loans to financial institutions from S$65.1 billion in October to S$62.8 billion in November.

Meanwhile, total consumer loans rose 1.7 per cent to S$204.8 billion on a month-on-month basis.

Housing loans to consumers came in two per cent higher at S$150.3 billion in November. Credit card loans remained stable at about S$8.7 billion.

Meanwhile, loans and advances in Asian currency units or other currencies apart from the Singapore dollar was S$385.1 billion in November, up from S$381.4 billion a month before.

-CNA/ac

http://www.todayonline.com/Business/...-year--Minutes

Fed likely to end QE this year: Minutes

Todayonline
    04:45 AM Jan 05, 2013

WASHINGTON - The United States Federal Reserve will probably end its US$85-billion (S$105-billion) monthly bond purchases this year, minutes from the central bank's December meeting released on Thursday showed, signalling an end to historically low interest rates.

In a surprise to Wall Street, the minutes showed a growing reticence about further increases in the Fed's US$2.9-trillion balance sheet, which it expanded sharply in response to the financial crisis and recession of 2007-2009.

"A few members expressed the view that ongoing asset purchases would likely be warranted until about the end of 2013", while a few others specified no time frame, according to the record of the Federal Open Market Committee's (FOMC) Dec 11-12 gathering.

"Several others thought that it would probably be appropriate to slow or stop purchases well before the end of 2013, citing concerns about financial stability or the size of the balance sheet."

Officials discussed the possible risks of the bond buying, with "a number" expressing concern the purchases could "complicate the FOMC's efforts to eventually withdraw monetary policy accommodation" by causing inflation expectations to rise, according to the minutes. They also said the FOMC must "continue to assess whether large purchases were having adverse effects on market functioning and financial stability".

if he comes back, he is going to call u a lair King and blah blah blah. Maybe his time spend at CNA is a welcome relived to some of the people here.

2012 came and went without much drop. And thank goodness for that. Now on to 2013. The problem with 2013 is that the plan of action seems to indicate an "insource" to drive employment in the US. If that is possible and if the USD erode to low 1.1X then its going to be interesting to see why any big US MNC would want to setup operations in SG unless SG has good governance and environment to cater to the bigger market in China.

Then again, the buying power using USD would far erode the comsumpsion.

I hazard a guess Asia may be hit this time round if things are not swiftly dealt with.

Not only MR B.. even YOUNG KOK cum INEXPERIENCE SELETAR airbase also gave up searching for bad news & do copy & paste liao lol

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...-sales-down-28

Singapore Business Review
    RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
    Published: 03 Jan 13

Chart of the Day: Total residential investment sales down 28%

No thanks to the 69% QoQ dive in private-sector sales.

Savills Research reported:

In Q4/2012, investment sales in the residential sector amounted to S$2.8 billion or 37.5% of the total transaction value. Total residential investment sales fell 28% from the S$3.9 billion recorded in Q3/2012, mainly due to a slowdown in private-sector sales which plummeted 69% QoQ.

The commercial sector made up 37.2% of total investment sales, amounting to S$2.8 billion. On a QoQ basis, the transaction value increased 62% from the S$1.7 billion in Q3.

On the back of a strong tourism outlook, investment sales in the hospitality segment remained active with S$943 million worth of deals recorded in Q4/2012, accounting for 12.5% of this quarter’s total investment value. However, it decreased 65% QoQ mainly because of the high base in Q3.

The industrial sector closed the year with a total of S$351 million or 4.6% of total investment sales in Q4, the lowest of all quarters in 2012. It declined 64% QoQ from S$974 million in Q3.

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...-in-four-years

Singaore Business Review
    RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Hong Kong
    Published: 04 Jan 13

Hong Kong home transactions in December lowest in four years

It dropped by a whopping 53.3% MoM.

According to the Land Registry data announced yesterday, December residential transactions dropped 53.3% MoM to 3,286 while total consideration tumbled 59.1% to HKD17.2b.

Kim Eng notes that in volume terms, the figure was lowest since November 2008, after significant capital market correction. The figure for the month was 3,264. Total property transactions, including homes, offices and parking spaces, was 9,129 in December, or a 21.2% drop from November.

http://www.asiaone.com/A1Business/Ne...-393381/2.html

Manufacturing contracts for 6th month

The Business Times
    Jan 04, 2013

Things appear to have worsened for the manufacturing sector in December as the latest leading indicator of factory orders took another dip last month.

The purchasing managers' index (PMI) for December released yesterday dipped 0.2 point from the previous month to 48.6 - its sixth straight month of decline.

"The contraction in the overall PMI was attributed to further decline in new orders, new export orders and production output," said the Singapore Institute of Purchasing & Materials Management which compiles the index.

December's PMI may confound flash estimates for fourth-quarter economic growth, which were released on Wednesday. But private-sector economists reckon it will not have any direct impact.

Defying expectations, the flash estimates show that the economy grew 1.8 per cent in Q4 2012 from Q3, in seasonally adjusted, annualised terms.

This means Singapore has once again averted a technical recession, which would have followed if its gross domestic product (GDP) had dipped after a revised, sharper 6.3 per cent drop in Q3.

Citigroup's Kit Wei Zheng said the flash estimates, while based largely on October-November numbers, also have a built-in estimate for December.

"With October-November industrial production levels just 0.4 per cent below the Q3 averages, this already implies a sharp sequential plunge in December's industrial production and/or significant downward revisions in the October-November data," he said.

Broadly speaking, the dip in December's PMI is consistent with the implied drop in December's manufacturing output in the flash estimates.

Credit Suisse's Michael Wan noted that given the weak leading relationship between the PMI and manufacturing, it was difficult to use the Singapore PMI to gauge manufacturing activity.

"In addition, we can't rule out an upward revision to the third quarter (number), even if the fourth quarter (figure) is revised down," he said.

OCBC Bank's Selena Ling said the PMI was supposed to be a forward-looking indicator, and should show up more in the January-February 2013 manufacturing data, rather than the December figures.

This suggests that there is still no light at the end of the tunnel for the manufacturing sector. Indeed, the outlook for manufacturing in Q1 2013 remains weak.

Citigroup's Mr Kit said manufacturers might be cutting production to keep inventories lean in the face of deeper cuts in new orders.

"The reduction in backlogs may also be another factor keeping production in the red," he said.

Mr Wan of Credit Suisse said manufacturing GDP has had its own technical recession, contracting for three consecutive quarters.

While December's PMI is unlikely to have a bearing on the latest GDP flash estimates, some economists have not ruled out a likely revision in Q4 growth figures.

"I wouldn't discount the possibility that the revised Q4 GDP growth data gets revised lower to show either flattish quarter-on-quarter, seasonally adjusted annualised rate (growth) or even a technical recession," said OCBC's Ms Ling.

Said Francis Tan of UOB Bank: "Certainly there will be a likelihood that December data may upset the final GDP figure. I estimate that if it gets revised downwards below 0.65 per cent year-on-year, then we will see a negative annualised quarter (growth), bringing us technically into a recession."

mr seletar does not realize what he reported is over already, what matters is future which is already factored into STI which just broken 3,200 resistance

HK is flat after 15% ABSD