Page 24 of 561 FirstFirst ... 491419202122232425262728293439444954 ... LastLast

Thread: Property price is coming down fast

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    actually volume in ccr drop drastically.....so richies oredi turning bear or cautious mode oredi

Only hdb upgraders r celebrating now wif hdb px climbed 3.8% last q
    Bcoz the rich has better access to information than the poor, consolidation has already begun 6mths to 1yr ago as far as I know. Those that still buy CCR are not at entry level. The rich have already made their money. Now they are like shuffling their cards.

Volume down but prices has not taken a hit yet. Developers are striking iron while hot..... the rich and poor divide widens....

The wealthy usually know how to invest and when to invest and as such, they are likely to remain wealthy or wealthier. The not so wealthy and the poor usually are less savvy in investment and so tend to follow their heart when come to investment. As such, they usually remain where they are or poorer in most cases.

So when the rich are staying away from property, it is a sign of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Looking at the take-up rate at current high psfs in new launches, I would say the mood is still more bullish than bearish. Just like pre-'97, everybody was complaining about the ridiculous high prices but bought anyway.

Btw, whether crisis or not I think the poor are always affected more adversely.
    Agreed. the rich's networth drops a little, they are so unhappy.
    But the poor always struggling even in good times, Life is so unfair.

Go and watch In Time.
    Same concept - unfair, access to information, and rich get richer!
    Luckily, it's only money - can't live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp
    Agreed. the rich's networth drops a little, they are so unhappy.
    But the poor always struggling even in good times, Life is so unfair.
    why Singaporeans so unhappy?
    look at Bhutan's happiness index

you guys think Basic unhappy or not?
    forummers here kind of no longer responding to him & diverting from his topic.

this is the hottest thread ever...

Seems that bedok reservior will be FULL this time if basic's prediction comes true....

Bedok condos facing the reservior will be even worse...bad fengshui

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8

Seems that bedok reservior will be FULL this time if basic prediction comes true....
    yup, during recession, still can eat meat in bedok reservoir.

think the hottest thread was when govt introduce CM4. the posts come fast & furious.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8

Seems that bedok reservior will be FULL this time if basic's prediction comes true....

Bedok condos facing the reservior will be even worse...bad fengshui
    Rent out reservoir facing units as 5* luxury columbarium. Extremely high rental yield.

Just to lighten the mood, let's check out our rich cousin:

The rising number of homeowners in Hong Kong with apartments valued below their mortgages may further affect sentiment, which is already hurt by the global downturn and government measures, according to Barclays Capital Research.

Approximately 1,653 mortgages suffered “negative equity” in Q3, up from only 48 loans three months earlier, with home loan values increasing to HK$4.1 billion (S$659.8 million) from HK$58 million, said the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA).

This provides “the first clear evidence of the on-going decline in Hong Kong property prices,” said Andrew Lawrence and Vivien Chan, analysts from Barclays Hong Kong.

They noted that the increasing negative equity “suggests that bank valuations for mortgages are falling quickly.”

“Home buyers will either need to use more equity to fund their home purchases or negotiate lower prices.”

Maybe poor cousin soon.

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    Just to lighten the mood, let's check out our rich cousin:

The rising number of homeowners in Hong Kong with apartments valued below their mortgages may further affect sentiment, which is already hurt by the global downturn and government measures, according to Barclays Capital Research.

Maybe poor cousin soon.
    from one beggar laughing at another beggar
    yup, Singapore maybe be the poorer cousin soon

S'pore Ng family (FEO) is ranked 9th richest family in Asia! Wow! From Singapore! Will the game shift if the economy turns downward?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    S'pore Ng family (FEO) is ranked 9th richest family in Asia! Wow! From Singapore! Will the game shift if the economy turns downward?
    on behalf of the Ng family, I thank you all for your kind contributions and support (to making us the 9th richest family in Asia).
    I look forward to your continue support (and your $$$ to making us the richest family in Asia).

ng fortune may drop but ranking may rise

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    you guys think Basic unhappy or not?
    forummers here kind of no longer responding to him & diverting from his topic.
    hi hopeful....I am happy...ignore noise, do what I like, see what I expect unfold everyday, week & month....
    once a while post a interesting idea for all the jokers here to think harder....but most will come true....
    if you have the knowledge & skill, no need to worry...they can badmouth me here or in another thread.....who care, I no need anything from them....instead I can throw out something useful for them to excited & surprised....
    salesman survive based on relationship.....once relationship gone, they achieve nothing & lost....
    Last edited by basic; 02-11-11 at 15:37.

In the End, eveything will be ok......
    If its not Ok, its not the End yet.

Getting boring oredi.......

Mommy......its over!

Rice price is going up fast lol

$9.50 in Jan 2008

Today in NTUC is $14.80

NTUC owns brand Jasmine Fragrance rice was 5.75 for 5kg in 2008, now is $7.80

Condo psf up same amount?

SINGAPORE: Singapore’s largest rice importer, NTUC FairPrice, has pledged to hold the price of its FairPrice brand of rice till the end of this year.

It is also holding steady the price of FairPrice jasmine fragrant rice till the end of February next year.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    on behalf of the Ng family, I thank you all for your kind contributions and support (to making us the 9th richest family in Asia).
    I look forward to your continue support (and your $$$ to making us the richest family in Asia).
    Glad I could contribute to half of your fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Rice price is going up fast lol

$9.50 in Jan 2008

Today in NTUC is $14.80

NTUC owns brand Jasmine Fragrance rice was 5.75 for 5kg in 2008, now is $7.80

Condo psf up same amount?

SINGAPORE: Singapore’s largest rice importer, NTUC FairPrice, has pledged to hold the price of its FairPrice brand of rice till the end of this year.

It is also holding steady the price of FairPrice jasmine fragrant rice till the end of February next year.
    That's an increase of about 30%. About there for properties too?

if QE4 is announced tonight, Dow will cheong 1,000 points tonight, China-A go up today hey hey hey

Traders said investors were hopeful the Fed, which began a two-day policy meeting on Tuesday, could begin to prepare financial markets for further monetary easing, even if it refrains from any new stimulus just yet.

"The market is expecting further stimulus will come from the US. The fact that they are discussing it is why the market is better but it has the potential to be sold off quite easily," Martin Dobson, head of trading at Westhouse Securities, said.

QE3, not 4....Yellen & NY FED used it to push market last month....
    those greed & don't know...hope for it everyday....
    those know, don't even bother...with US CPI at 3.6% now....no way for QE3 tonight...
    If QE3 already in the pipeline....US$/Euro would not shoot up from $1.42 to $1.37 in last 2 days....

Germany unemployment up from 6.9% to 7%...
    Euro PMI down from 48.5 to 47....
    Italy PMI sibei jialat down from 48.3 to 43.....

today market suddenly runs up because stupid China, trouble maker....rumour, they bump in Euro700Bil into Euro bailout fund.....haha....this greedy world...tomorrow G20 meeting will know lah...this world is really desperate....easy lah.....

That's an increase of about 30%. About there for properties too?
    The days of bull runs in property prices are over from Q3 2011. 2012 will be shaky, unless QE comes in.

QE addresses US problems but the Eurozone crisis is still in deep sxxx. Sigh! I also hope QE will come in again...

u will never know, UK just announced another round of easing right but still stock went down

i know some here hope that property will drop a lot so that they can buy cheap. it is a very reasonable thought and i am one of them. however to hope tat a singapore bank to collapse is something tat u shld not wish for. if tat really happen u can say goodbye to singapore : )

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    did she call police ? or MAS to investigate ?

who is checking these people transacting in CASH ...?

singapore is now possibly the highest money laundering ground
    Ya hor, why never think of that. She told me that his clothing is very simple and looks a bit like "beggar clothing." He took out the 1 stack of thousand dollars from the bag and counted so openly. Not afraid of being snatched away, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    The wealthy usually know how to invest and when to invest and as such, they are likely to remain wealthy or wealthier. The not so wealthy and the poor usually are less savvy in investment and so tend to follow their heart when come to investment. As such, they usually remain where they are or poorer in most cases.

So when the rich are staying away from property, it is a sign of caution.
    That I agree.

Default S'pore No.3 destination for wealthiest chinese

http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/As...02-308243.html

Singapore No.3 destination for wealthiest Chinese
    More than half of China's super-rich are considering emigrating and Singapore is third on their list of countries. -myp

Wed, Nov 02, 2011
    my paper
    Singapore is the third-most-popular destination for Chinese millionaires planning to emigrate, a new survey of China's wealthiest citizens indicates.
    More than half of China's super-rich are considering emigrating, said the report by the Bank of China and Hurun Report, which publishes luxury magazines and runs a research institute.
    The joint study, published last Saturday, found that 46 per cent of Chinese with assets worth more than 10 million yuan (S$2 million) were considering moving abroad. Another 14 per cent had already begun the process, it said.
    At the top of their emigration list were the United States and Canada, followed by Singapore, then Europe.
    Nearly a third of the respondents said they already had investments overseas, in many cases to enable them to emigrate. Some countries offer residency to foreigners who are prepared to invest large sums of money.
    Singapore is the fourth-most- popular destination for their investment funds, after the US, Hong Kong and Canada. And because emigration is a major motivation for investment, property is the main target of their investment funds, despite the risks and regulations that attend buying property overseas.
    Mainland Chinese have become the top foreign buyers of Singapore property, The Straits Times reported in September.
    Many said that they were seeking a better education for their children and cited concerns about the security of their assets in China.
    Beijing-based scholar Hu Xingdou was cited by CNN as saying to Ming Pao, a Hong Kong newspaper: "We see too many worried entrepreneurs nowadays who are afraid that they will end up in prison for offending Chinese officials."
    High inflation and the difficulty of investing overseas were also cited in the survey, which polled 980 people in 18 Chinese cities.
    More than 30 years of booming economic growth have allowed some Chinese to build up vast fortunes once unthinkable in the nominally communist nation.
    China now has 271 US-dollar billionaires, according to Hurun's rich list this year, up from 189 last year, despite the global economic crisis.

The latest report said that 960,000 people in China are worth more than 10 million yuan (S$2 million), up by 9.7 per cent from last year's figure.
    Many of the country's wealthiest citizens have made their money in China's construction and property sectors, as well as a growing domestic retail market.
    But the rigid education system, rising living costs and widespread corruption have led many to look for homes abroad.
    The respondents to the study, titled Private Banking White Paper 2011, had average asset holdings of 60 million yuan and were aged 42 on average. The age of China's rich tends to be lower than the global average by 15 years, the survey found.
    The cities in China with the largest number of rich people are Beijing, Guangdong and Shanghai. The capital has about 10,000 high-net-worth individuals, according to the report.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Bcoz the rich has better access to information than the poor, consolidation has already begun 6mths to 1yr ago as far as I know. Those that still buy CCR are not at entry level. The rich have already made their money. Now they are like shuffling their cards.

Volume down but prices has not taken a hit yet. Developers are striking iron while hot..... the rich and poor divide widens....
    Bro you impress me with your insights and analysis of the various posts and news..... I agree with you on the above fully.... The reasons they are rich is coz they have been able to read the market.... And hence made a lot of money throughout the years....

Mass market buyers still buying coz they want to 'enjoy', they do not think of making money or planning for retirement...