Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: since when 1% com. applies to buyer for private property @hdb pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Agent cannot represent both buyer and seller. It would be a breach.
    CEA has made it clear agents can only only collect comm from the client they represent.
    If a seller approaches Agent (A) to help him sell his ppty and it happens that this particular Agent A has a ready buyer who is interested in this ppty, can this agent A accepts both buyer and seller or is it that Agent A has to give up this chance to another agent (B), then Agent B will go and find his own buyer.
    Last edited by irisng; 30-10-11 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    If the agent can help me negotiate with the seller at more than 10% lower than the initial asking price, I would gladly let the agent have the 1% commission.

Or should it be 10% lower than the last transacted price or initial asking price? I have heard of some sweeteners or at 0.5% commission to accelerate the process of a 'like' unit, esp if co-broke is an issue.. Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    If the agent can help me negotiate with the seller at more than 10% lower than the initial asking price, I would gladly let the agent have the 1% commission.
    In this case it is different bcoz it is a private arrangement that is negotiated. Especially since it is you as a buyer who iniated it.

However, if the agent acting as a seller initiates it, how would you know if the seller has already yielded to your 10% "discount" before you asking the agent to "work" his magic? The agent could be playing both sides....

IMHO this is setting an unhealthy precedence. Something that can hurt ourselves as a seller in future.

What this agent in this particular case is worse, she is asking for a commision on the transaction regardless. What I am wondering is whether the propert seller knows that the agent is expecting both a buyer's and seller's commision.

The question should then be reversed and one should be asking themselves whether it is acceptable if the agent you are engaging to sell your property asks for a buyer's commision.

my 2

It is legal to collect comm from buyer for purchase of pte property provided the agent does not represent the seller. This could be a cobroke case whereby the seller agent do not share the comm with buyer agent or the seller is not paying any comm at all

Before the setting up of CEA, I have seller's agent who has asked me to give him some commission as the seller does not give a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    It is legal to collect comm from buyer for purchase of pte property provided the agent does not represent the seller. This could be a cobroke case whereby the seller agent do not share the comm with buyer agent or the seller is not paying any comm at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    i will email back the agt to ask him whether he is representing both seller/buyer.....if the reply is the agt only serve buyer den ask y didnt collect cobroke fees from seller's agt

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Before the setting up of CEA, I have seller's agent who has asked me to give him some commission as the seller does not give a lot.
    yes vy common mah....some worse case is tat u call the indirect agt and tat seller agt dunwan to cobroke wif ur agt....i ever missed a deal bcoz of this thing

i actually paid 2% comm as a buyer in 09 for 2 of the ppty i bot hor and i just happily pay

I was lucky once that I manage to get the deal done as I deal with the direct agent while the other a couple of offers to him was co-broke deals. Bottom line for them is which has more comission. Anyway you have made your $ now even by giving a 2% buyer's commission.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    yes vy common mah....some worse case is tat u call the indirect agt and tat seller agt dunwan to cobroke wif ur agt....i ever missed a deal bcoz of this thing

i actually paid 2% comm as a buyer in 09 for 2 of the ppty i bot hor and i just happily pay

Can tell the agent that buyer dont pay commission...ai lai mai cao...

i have met one agent try to collect 1% comm, i dont want to pay but deal also go through they just try their luck by asking see whether buyer willing to give..... ask ask only, agent very thick skin they can take no for an answer

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    Can tell the agent that buyer dont pay commission...ai lai mai cao...

i have met one agent try to collect 1% comm, i dont want to pay but deal also go through they just try their luck by asking see whether buyer willing to give..... ask ask only, agent very thick skin they can take no for an answer
    u ever sell ppty without paying comm?

Own self sell lor....

Post on property guru and answer 2 million phone calls from agents, and maybe get 3 buyers .....

selling give, buying no