Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Investment for Rental Income

Default Investment for Rental Income

Hi all Gurus,

I am looking for a SGD1.1m max investment for a D15 condo unit for my retirement purposes. Targeting rental yield at at least 3.3%.

For this budget range, I think it should be a 2 bedder...

Currently, am looking at Mandarin Garden and Bayshore Park as they are seafront.....at least location value are there, despite near 30 yrs of age.

Are they good ? Or am I missing other gems ?

Would greatly appreciate your valuable inputs ..

Cheers !!

Bayshore Park is in D16

Why D15 for retirement? The yield sucks there. If I were you, I will buy a studio near MRT for retirement. 4-5% yield easily. Downpay 50% and keep the remaining cash. And you still have a steady source of income.

If purely for investment, anywhere also can, no need to restrict to just D15, yes agree..., within walking distance ( for me must be within 400m ) to MRT will always have demand and ease of renting even in bad times...

heard Mandarin Garden now alot of Ah Nah. I visited my colleague's 1 bedder sometimes back. It was like 400k only in 2004 high floor facing sea....cool.

Peter may be hoping for enbloc?

how may ppty will get enbloc each year? Must Q for it and economy must be good.. MG land area is huge.

Sorry, it shld be D16 instead for Bayshore Park.... hehee.

Yes, potential of Enbloc is also one of the consideratons too... But on the other hand, I know the rental yield is not that fantastic either...near 3%

So am I missing other gems with better rental yield ? If nearby MRT, care to share just the name of the MRT station ?

Thanks so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Petertan123

Yes, potential of Enbloc is also one of the consideratons too... But on the other hand, I know the rental yield is not that fantastic either...near 3%

So am I missing other gems with better rental yield ? If nearby MRT, care to share just the name of the MRT station ?

Thanks so much...
    For D15 a FH studio at The Seaview cost less than $1mil, current rental is about $3,500-$3,800 depending on which stack

Yes, potential of Enbloc is also one of the consideratons too... .
    U can rule out this completely.

There are five big plots of land there, of which MG and Bayshore are about 1,000,000 sq ft each and current market price is about $1000 to $1200 psf depends on the facing.

MG and Bayshore have fully utilised their plot ratio.

So, if we are working on the average premium of 30%, then the asking price for these two plots for land will be $1400 psf, to add in top up lease, etc etc....it is nowhere to find a buyer for at least

price will be $1400x2.8x1,000,000 = $3,920,000,000

Which developer can makan $3.92b in one project?? I think none is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire
    For D15 a FH studio at The Seaview cost less than $1mil, current rental is about $3,500-$3,800 depending on which stack
    hmm...seaview seems to be a good choice..

But I am afraid that the recent negative press release will dampen the price/future potential..

New and old condos would have already factor in the prospective mrt stn near MP. MRT if fast will only operate 10 years later. The disruption and noise may chase away your prospective tenants or you will have even lower rental yield.

Thanks so much...

But I am afraid that the recent negative press release will dampen the price/future potential..
    On the recent case, I have to salute the management committee team there. All this while they have been doing a good job and ensuring the MA do a good job and maintaining the MCST fee. You will be surprise that the management committee has changed numerous contractors over the past few years due to slack in their work. They have also offended many residents over the payment of the 2nd carpark, but nevertheless most residents do appreciate their hard work.

In regards to suit, I'm surprise at the quantum. Frankly, the damage is not as bad as it seems, apart from the pool water leakage problem, the rest are things that most residents don't even know. As for the smell, it is only affecting some low floor units at certain stacks and near the changing rooms. I think the management committee is taking the opportunity that Tiong Aik is seeking IPO and they are likely to close the case amicably soon. Anyway I think some members are committee are lawyers, as they have filed numerous suits in the past on contractal works in the developments.

thanks for sharing.... Think have to look into it carefully.

May I know are there anymore options ?

thanks for sharing.... Think have to look into it carefully.

May I know are there anymore options ?
    One Amber studio

At 75th percentile, should be more or less for studio rental.

One Amber - $4.15 psf ($2,365 for 570 sf studio)
    Sea view - $4.60 psf ($2,622 for 570 sf studio)

If 1M, your yield is < 3%. Not really ideal for retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    At 75th percentile, should be more or less for studio rental.

One Amber - $4.15 psf ($2,365 for 570 sf studio)
    Sea view - $4.60 psf ($2,622 for 570 sf studio)

If 1M, your yield is < 3%. Not really ideal for retirement.
    The datas are not refective of the studios in these two projects as the studios are the minorities there. Most probably the 75th percentile are the 3 bedders. You can't possibly rent a studio in these projects below $3k presently. The current rental is around $3.5k.

On the recent case, I have to salute the management committee team there. All this while they have been doing a good job and ensuring the MA do a good job and maintaining the MCST fee.
    They are not doing a good job
    They are doing an EXCELLENT job without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    They are not doing a good job
    They are doing an EXCELLENT job without pay.
    Laguna is an old bird in D15 and he knows the market well. I only started to invest in D15 a few years back.

Laguna is an old bird in D15 and he knows the market well. I only started to invest in D15 a few years back.
    I started in 2006....
    I like to write a lot of rubbish here to pass time and confuse ppl lor.

I was so badly caught during the Lehman time and sold one property at that time. But lucky, just sold one...

I started in 2006....

I was so badly caught during the Lehman time and sold one property at that time. But lucky, just sold one...
    Well at least you emerged from that with a much stronger portfolio. How bad was it during the Lehman crisis? Some of the prime stuff was down 40% but others maybe down 20%?

That was the best time to shop for good properties. Not sure when in the next time?
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Well at least you emerged from that with a much stronger portfolio. How bad was it during the Lehman crisis? Some of the prime stuff was down 40% but others maybe down 20%?

Seaview studios are really good choice and those under 1mil is a steal under current market conditions around that area, but are there even any on sale at that price? The studios there are so limited even 1mil is a good buy now.

I started in 2006....

so what u do for a living? klkk just like devil?

It would be a bad buy if one is after rental yield for retirement. Just flip the papers and call the agents. Easily can find below 3k at amber area for studio.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Seaview studios are really good choice and those under 1mil is a steal under current market conditions around that area, but are there even any on sale at that price? The studios there are so limited even 1mil is a good buy now.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    It would be a bad buy if one is after rental yield for retirement. Just flip the papers and call the agents. Easily can find below 3k at amber area for studio.
    Is it true? I just tried to search... mostly 3.2k to 3.6k... quite hard to find below 3k rental in amber area. Which one did you manage to find?

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    the studios facing the nursery and sound not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    the studios facing the nursery and sound not so good.
    The studios at amber area are bound to face different directions... which ones are better?

there's one stack in seaview facing the pool.