Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bedok Residences (D16, 99 YEARS LH, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Sorry my info outdated, 3BRs already sold out in Bedok Res, left with only some 4BRs and PHs
    what are the quantums like for the 4 bedders?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    what are the quantums like for the 4 bedders?
    Price bro, I think it's 1.9mil and above, not so easy to stomach for an OCR

i hesitated and was told no 3 bedders.the 4 bedders out of reach for me.br is better than eco in terms of location

Didn't get a clean shot but I guess the mall will be ready be end 2013 as forecast with this progress

can't see the mall structure in this photo, can the mall be up that quickly??

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    can't see the mall structure in this photo, can the mall be up that quickly??
    Yeap, cos' it's in basement levels and foundation and all seems more or less completed.

http://capitamallsasia.listedcompany...n_end-2013.pdf

Any idea what are the units that are left? Is it soldout?
    Any people who bought here?
    Compared to the mixed site at Potong Pasir and Yishun, is this a better buy?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Any idea what are the units that are left? Is it soldout?
    Any people who bought here?
    Compared to the mixed site at Potong Pasir and Yishun, is this a better buy?
    It's 95% sold, left w PH and maybe a handful of 3/4br units ... Staying in the East, I think it is better than Yishun cos' of the East Coast area and proximity to CBP, etc but diff ppl have diff pref.

For PP, it is definitely closer to town but it will be costlier too ...

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Yeap, cos' it's in basement levels and foundation and all seems more or less completed.

http://capitamallsasia.listedcompany...n_end-2013.pdf

Ya, there are 3 basement levels for shopping and on top of that is the bus terminal. I guess from the photo they building has already reached the ground level. Capitaland is rich, and this project was initiated by ah gong... So would be fast.

Ya, there are 3 basement levels for shopping and on top of that is the bus terminal. I guess from the photo they building has already reached the ground level. Capitaland is rich, and this project was initiated by ah gong... So would be fast.
    SSangyong is the contractor from what I see when I pass by the station and construction is really rapid!

With Potong Pasir mixed site up for tender, Bedok residences should see increase in price?

With Potong Pasir mixed site up for tender, Bedok residences should see increase in price?
    i don't know how u find the link but good luck

Seems like construction has reached the level 2 residential carparks ie. level 1 bus terminal and B1-B3 shopping mall completed. Still a long way for the residential units but the shopping mall portion shld be ready by next Xmas as what they have confidently claimed.

Any one here got a unit at Bedok Residences?
    Is it still a good buy now ?

Seems like construction has reached the level 2 residential carparks ie. level 1 bus terminal and B1-B3 shopping mall completed. Still a long way for the residential units but the shopping mall portion shld be ready by next Xmas as what they have confidently claimed.

Impressive speed!

is a unit with patio at low psf worth it?
    Pes unit would be a good choice if and only if you are a pes lover yourself and/or for own stay. I remember BR has some very beautiful pes units with large gardens which extend all the way to the edge of the capitalmall building. They will have much privacy without any passer-bys looking into your garden from outside.

However, you are unlikely to get as good a rental yield as I believe most tenants would not be willing to pay higher rentals just for the additional pes area (of cos there will be some who will but a smaller pool). Likewise for resale, there will be a smaller pool of potential buyers who appreciate pes.

Is near HDB a problem? Haha, this project is heartland to the max lor... Being in a matured estate means u get to enjoy a lot of established amenities like the sports facilities, poly clinics, supermarkets and wide variety of shops. Priced at $12xx PSF, I don't think the risk is as high as those later launches

wow, zeamybro! You went up to one of the point blocks and use zoom lens? Nice photo. Construction seems really fast ... This should TOP ahead of Archi I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    wow, zeamybro! You went up to one of the point blocks and use zoom lens? Nice photo. Construction seems really fast ... This should TOP ahead of Archi I suppose.
    Haha, no la, there is this exclusive website for all BR owners with progress updates and such. I stun the pic from there one.....

Yeah I see the 3 basement levels of shoppings have been completed, now we are seeing the bus terminal which is on ground level. Nearer to the mrt tracks should be the 2 level of residential carparks.

Developer has finally asked for the next 10%

Was here this morning. Can really see the potential of this place from investor perspective.

whats the potential you refering to? Is this a good buy?

Default Bedok Mall over 85% leased ahead of opening

The Straits Times - May 24, 2013
    By: Melissa Tan

BEDOK Mall, a large basement shopping complex linked to Bedok MRT station, is already more than 85 per cent leased and will open before Christmas this year, CapitaMalls Asia said yesterday.

It is part of an integrated development together with CapitaLand's 583-unit condominium Bedok Residences, which will stand above the mall.

At a topping-out ceremony for the mall yesterday, Senior Minister of State for National Development and Trade and Industry Lee Yi Shyan said the building of Bedok Mall "marks the first phase of the town centre's exciting transformation".

Mr Lee, who is also adviser to East Coast GRC grassroots organisations, was the guest of honour at the ceremony.

He added that several agencies worked closely with the mall's developer to minimise inconvenience to residents from the construction works. For instance, the Land Transport Authority helped widen some of the roads along Bedok North Street 2, he said.

Bedok is Singapore's largest estate with around 300,000 residents.

With a net lettable area of around 220,000 sq ft, Bedok Mall is around the size of the Junction 8 shopping mall in Bishan.

It has more than 200 shops spread across three levels. The anchor retail tenant is gourmet supermarket FairPrice Finest. Other retail tenants include clothing retailers Uniqlo, Dorothy Perkins, G2000 and Cotton On.

In a nod to the proximity of the popular Bedok hawker centre at Block 207, CapitaMalls Asia said yesterday that the mall will not have a foodcourt.

However, it will have dining outlets such as French bistro Poulet, ramen restaurant Menya Musashi, dim sum chain Din Tai Fung and cafe Old Town White Coffee.

The mall's lowest level will be directly connected to Bedok MRT station. The new air-conditioned Bedok bus interchange, which will begin operations next year, is located above the mall.

Bedok Residences, which sits above the mall, will be completed in 2015.

It is nearly 96 per cent sold, with 558 out of the 583 units moved as at the end of last month. New sale prices have ranged from $1,273 per sq ft (psf) to $1,355 psf since the start of this year.

Mr Philip Yim, general manager of Bedok Mall and Bedok Residences, said yesterday that the asking price for the unsold units was around $1,300 psf.

The completion of the mall will add another shopping centre to Bedok town centre.

Just down the street along New Upper Changi Road is Bedok Point, a four-storey mall which is slightly over a third the size of Bedok Mall with a net lettable area of 80,985 sq ft. It began operations in December 2010.

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...ening/a/120179

http://capitamallsasia.listedcompany...3_May_2013.pdf
    Last edited by zeamybro; 27-05-13 at 21:35.

Speech by SMS Lee Yi Shyan at the Bedok Mall Topping Out Ceremony
    23 May 2013 12:00 PM

1. Good morning. I am very pleased to join all of you in celebrating a significant milestone for Bedok Town.

A Safe Worksite Raises Construction Productivity

2. Today’s topping out ceremony of Bedok Mall marks the first phase of the town centre’s exciting transformation. Gradually but surely, Bedok Town will become more attractive and liveable to our residents and visitors to this area.

3. The construction site we are standing on today first broke ground in Dec 2011. Since then, mostly behind the scene, my grassroots leaders, colleagues from HDB, LTA, NEA, URA, East Coast Town Councils, Singapore Police and many others have all worked closely with CapitaLand to ensure that the project is implemented smoothly.

4. Working together, we introduced a number of measures to mitigate or prevent any anticipated inconveniences from happening. For instance, LTA helped widened some of the roads along Bedok North Street 2. They also helped us to relocate the bus stop to bring it nearer so that residents can alight nearby and use this hawker centre. We raised the hording, as you can see outside, to ensure that this hawker centre right here (Block 207) remained protected from construction works. We also impressed upon the developer and contractor to minimise noise and dust from affecting nearby blocks. CapitaLand even set up an onsite office to address any feedback. In short, we wanted the construction of this mega project to be trouble free.

5. And the construction of this project has so far been trouble-free. So far, so good. In this regard, CapitaLand and CapitaMalls Asia have been a very responsible developer for this project and the community. They were serious about quality and safety. Let me just highlight a few of their achievements.

6. Firstly, for its eco-design and user friendliness, the project has received the Green Mark Platinum Award and the Universal Design Mark GoldPLUS (design) award by Building and Construction Authority.

7. Secondly, the project has won the Gold award for Occupational Health & Safety 2013 from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (or RoSPA in short), for achieving more than 2 million accident-free hours since the beginning. 2 million accident-free hours! So, this award is one of the most sought-after accolades in the industry internationally.

8. Thirdly, for higher productivity, CapitaLand works closely with its builder Ssanyong E&C by using a platform tool called Building Information Modelling (BIM). BIM has helped the developer and builder to work seamlessly and closely, rendering high quality work with the shortest completion time.

Developers must take the lead

9. All the 3 achievements highlighted above show that CapitaLand is customer centric, resident centric, believes in creating a safe environment for its workers, and at the same time, embraces advanced technology to boost productivity. CapitaLand’s pro-activeness and progressiveness is a good role model for the industry. I hope many of our players will likewise embark on their productivity journeys with the same seriousness and vigour.

Conclusion

10. In closing, I wish the project team the best in the coming months, as you work towards the target opening of Bedok Mall in time for Christmas this year. When all the other projects in Bedok Town Centre are completed around 2015, residents can enjoy many brand-new amenities. We will have new space and facilities to further boost our “Bedok-style” kampong spirit.

So on that note, thank you very much.

http://app.mnd.gov.sg/Newsroom/NewsP...RA1=&RA2=&RA3=

I'm not a fan of bus interchange below condo.
    Refer to Compass Heights as an example

The mall's lowest level will be directly connected to Bedok MRT station. The new air-conditioned Bedok bus interchange, which will begin operations next year, is located above the mall.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 28-05-13 at 00:58.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

just look at AMK and you'll have a rough idea how bad the human congestion is during peak hours

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    I'm not a fan of bus interchange below condo.
    Refer to Compass Heights as an example
    why not a fan?

un-enblocable?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    why not a fan?

un-enblocable?
    too much rats and human traffic

enbloc? i must disclaim that i have not seen the engineering or architect plans, but looking at the picture - can't help but wonder how on earth am i going to pull down the blocks without affecting the infrastructure below.

plus, this is a mixed development, so lagi gg for future enblocs