Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bedok Residences (D16, 99 YEARS LH, Capitaland)

Any investor here who got Bedok residences? Can share how the project is?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Any investor here who got Bedok residences? Can share how the project is?
    some like it for its location
    some hate it for its location

I hesitated to get a 2 bedder back then during the launch. By the time I decided, no more. Buyers remorse

Bedok Central was once known as the orchard of the east, and i remember it was always over-crowded in the early 90s until Tampines Central was developed and took away some of the crowd pressure.

Besides the up-coming mall, the amenities in the existing central is actually more than sufficient in my opinion, with 3 x major super markets (NTUC, Sheng Shiong, Shop&Save - excld NTUC Finess in the mall), 2 x hawker centres, 4-5 coffeeshops, Polyclinics, Library, Medical halls, almost all major banks, bus terminal, MRT, swimming pool, sports complex.

I particularly like the idea of buying groceries and taking the lift up directly to my door-step. There would also be a great variety of food ranging from mid-high end restaurants to HDB-priced hawker food. Save quite a fair bit of time and $ on transport. But i dont think one would ever get the chance to open the windows to enjoy a quiet day + fresh air by the balcony ... So it really depends on individual's characters and preference ...

oh i was there too today and was amazed at the crowd. I gathered from the agent that there are only 7 units of 3 bedrooom units and about 10 plus 4 bedders and a few penthouses but all facing HDB. The only plus is that this facing may be quieter than the units facing MRT.
    Surprised that after cooling measures still got so many people go and see.
    Maybe some go see ECO then walk over.
    Pool facing ones would be best as they are quieter but privacy is compromised due to facing opp units which could see you clearly, esp at night when lights are turned on (also possible screaming kids and crying babies)

Road facing ones would be noisiest not just from MRT but also the major busy road in front ....

Back facing units should be quieter assuming that the buses dont get to stop or move off along the small road, with these activities kept within the bus bays at ground level below the units. Higher levels shld clear the lower HDB blocks and have complete privacy

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Bedok Central was once known as the orchard of the east, and i remember it was always over-crowded in the early 90s until Tampines Central was developed and took away some of the crowd pressure.

Besides the up-coming mall, the amenities in the existing central is actually more than sufficient in my opinion, with 3 x major super markets (NTUC, Sheng Shiong, Shop&Save - excld NTUC Finess in the mall), 2 x hawker centres, 4-5 coffeeshops, Polyclinics, Library, Medical halls, almost all major banks, bus terminal, MRT, swimming pool, sports complex.

I particularly like the idea of buying groceries and taking the lift up directly to my door-step. There would also be a great variety of food ranging from mid-high end restaurants to HDB-priced hawker food. Save quite a fair bit of time and $ on transport. But i dont think one would ever get the chance to open the windows to enjoy a quiet day + fresh air by the balcony ... So it really depends on individual's characters and preference ...
    Agree w your analysis, it has everything if u can live with the location. Only missing thing is a cinema.

Cinema is coming. Rental should not be a problem for t his development. Question is how much?
    Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Agree w your analysis, it has everything if u can live with the location. Only missing thing is a cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Cinema is coming. Rental should not be a problem for t his development. Question is how much?
    Hi dc33, where would the new cinema be located? Any news on this? Tks

Don't be joking, you give me free also I will not stay there ... diesel is certified recently to be carcinogenic ... there are so many buses/taxis in and out everyday + busy road + next to hawker center... extremely unhealthy

It is good for corporate lease, that's all

And everytime I go Bedok I am looking high and low for Starbucks, Coffee Bean or at least a decent cafe ... only Killiney and steamy Mr Teh Tarik + cmi library cafe The biz potential for a high end cafe is huge
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 07-10-12 at 10:59.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Own stay should be quiet, away from major roads, good view and easy access via all means of transports, in or near city.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Don't be joking, you give me free also I will not stay there ... diesel is certified recently to be carcinogenic ... there are so many buses/taxis in and out everyday + busy road + next to hawker center... extremely unhealthy

And everytime I go Bedok I am looking high and low for Starbucks, Coffee Bean or at least a decent cafe ... only Killiney

As some has said it, u either like it or hate it for the location, so u must belong to the grp that hates it.

According to agents, about 30-40% have bought for own stay. There r plenty of houses in sg that face bus stops and major roads anyway. Some like to hv their windows open, while some need a/c all the way. Different folks different strokes ... Cheers

As some has said it, u either like it or hate it for the location, so u must belong to the grp that hates it.

According to agents, about 30-40% have bought for own stay. There r plenty of houses in sg that face bus stops and major roads anyway. Some like to hv their windows open, while some need a/c all the way. Different folks different strokes ... Cheers
    30-40%? wow that means 60-70% bought it for investment

I don't hate it ... in fact I think it is a good investment @ 1300-1400psf ... but definitely not for own stay lah

I don't hate it ... in fact I think it is a good investment @ 1300-1400psf ... but definitely not for own stay lah
    yeah, just like u I am also a strong supporter of D16... Tks for all yr analysis and sharings in the forum and I thought I hv learnt quite a lot thus far

Hi dc33, where would the new cinema be located? Any news on this? Tks
    Yeap, keen to know where will the new cinema be too ...

And everytime I go Bedok I am looking high and low for Starbucks, Coffee Bean or at least a decent cafe ... only Killiney and steamy Mr Teh Tarik + cmi library cafe The biz potential for a high end cafe is huge
    phantom bro, where's the kiliney n mr terik. Wld like to know. Thanks.

i am no phantom but i can help to ans... its at level 1 of Bedok Point.

Mr Teh Tarik is somewhere behind the library ... but the kopitiam is very hot in the afternoon ... steamy teh tarik

Doesnt seem to me that the shopping will be ready by Q4 2013 ..... considering it is as deep as level B3, but who knows...

Possible ... commercial is much faster to develop ... Changi City Point was very fast

And I am dying to have a slightly more decent cafe ... anything like JCO, Starbucks, Coffebean, Mc Cafe will do

Or should I dream about something like this:

With a total net lettable area (NLA) of 220,000 sq ft, the retail complex will house 250 shops within its three-storey construction. The mall is similar in size to the popular Junction 8.

To date, pre-commitments have been secured for about 30% of the NLA at the mall, by tenants including FairPrice Finest, Best Denki, Canton Paradise, RamenPlay and Din Tai Fung.

http://www.commercialasia.com/news/4...For-Bedok-Mall

Phantom bro .... High chance u will get your kpo joint at Bedok mall, just not sure whether its CBTL, Starbucks or McCafe ... Or mabbe all 3 like Changi city Point

Phantom bro .... High chance u will get your kpo joint at Bedok mall, just not sure whether its CBTL, Starbucks or McCafe ... Or mabbe all 3 like Changi city Point

So far, my value for money vote goes to:

1. JCO black coffee ... very nice with their donuts
    2. Mc Cafe cappuccino .. too cheap

at home, my favorite is now UCC organic

Anyone would consider getting a 1 bedder or 2 bedder if still available? Think it is all sold out?

Anyone would consider getting a 1 bedder or 2 bedder if still available? Think it is all sold out?
    I would consider but unfortunately they are all sold out.

And I am dying to have a slightly more decent cafe ... anything like JCO, Starbucks, Coffebean, Mc Cafe will do
    How about Krispy Kreme? I heard it's coming to Singapore real soon.

i am no phantom but i can help to ans... its at level 1 of Bedok Point.
    Level one of Bedok Pt??? It's too small for a cinema I reckon ...

Level one of Bedok Pt??? It's too small for a cinema I reckon ...
    Kiliney is at Level 1 of bedok pt ... not the cinema

Propertychap - so in the end did u get yourself a unit at BR? Heard the 3BR left with only 4 units ... facing the current temporary bus interchange.

Propertychap - so in the end did u get yourself a unit at BR? Heard the 3BR left with only 4 units ... facing the current temporary bus interchange.
    Sorry my info outdated, 3BRs already sold out in Bedok Res, left with only some 4BRs and PHs