Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bedok Residences (D16, 99 YEARS LH, Capitaland)

yeah i am indeed new to investments.
    for me i am comparing to fixed deposit rates.
    "And if you're comparing to depo rates, I reckon you're new to all this"
    what does the above mean? doesn't make much sense when i read it in the context of your earlier sentence.

at least for me i am always looking at long term returns on properties. if the rental can cover the short term costs (fees, reno and what not) i am fine. I am more looking at appreciable capital gain on the property in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    If you compare to banks depo rates then of course property is better.
    And if you're comparing to depo rates, I reckon you're new to all this.

If you factor in other cost - some variable - then the return is less attractive. You have StampDuty+Legal (3%), reno (if any), agent fee, property tax. These 'suck out' some return.
    Then there is borrowing cost ...which can go up/down depending on the credit cycle. Play around with a mortgage calcular -very insightful.

very true. the noise and pollution should not be taken lightly. even if you are renting it out, if i put myself in the potential tenants' shoes i am not sure the benefits of convenience outweighs the other negatives.

yeah and if you spend $1400-1600 psf might as well buy another property in another better location and is ready and you can have immediate rental stream. if you buy something that won't be ready till 2015, we are banking on a capital gain which is highly suspect in this case as I am not sure the price will go much beyond $1600 5 years later unless inflation goes through the roof then.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I will call this project as so so, other than the convenient location.

Same as how I grade this project to the Centra at AMK by FEO.

1. Project is at a very convenient location but been priced in

2. Dun take lightly on the air and noise population of bus interchange/MRT/traffic. These come 24 hours a day....U can see all the bus bays, all are black smoke stucked to it...frightening...

In HK, there are couple of office buildings that the ground floor are bus interchange. U look at those places, dirty, oily, dark, no fresh air...

If u can afford $1400 - $1600 psf price for this sort of project, spend some time to look for a better place.

This place is living for convenience but suffer from all many other things. I rather spend a bit more time on travelling and stay in a better condo with the same price.

There are shares, bonds, currencies, commodities, Reits and then real estate.
    You will do well to explore this forum to understand the risk/reward of property investments.

Other than location, location, location - there are other considerations.
    I won't suggest if you should or should not - but you should look from all sides i.e. do your own SWOT analysis.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    yeah i am indeed new to investments.
    for me i am comparing to fixed deposit rates.
    "And if you're comparing to depo rates, I reckon you're new to all this"
    what does the above mean? doesn't make much sense when i read it in the context of your earlier sentence.

at least for me i am always looking at long term returns on properties. if the rental can cover the short term costs (fees, reno and what not) i am fine. I am more looking at appreciable capital gain on the property in the long term.

if this is going to be launch at $1400 to $1600 psf (for the 1 and 2 bedr) i'm going to give it a miss... no point taking too much risk at this point in time, and in this location - other then its conv and integrated.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    if this is going to be launch at $1400 to $1600 psf (for the 1 and 2 bedr) i'm going to give it a miss... no point taking too much risk at this point in time, and in this location - other then its conv and integrated.
    according to my reliable source, 1+study/2bdr facing pool from 1300psf....
    No priority queue for bulk purchasers.....bullman may wana cfm on this?

It will be first come first serve basis....which means we will be seeing agts/runners queuing overnite! Tat agt said he collected 30+ chq....lol....

Say me fool, i might put in a chq and state 1200psf for 2bdr mid flr poolview.....just in case crapland decide to gime a xmas present! Dream a dream! Whahaha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

It will be first come first serve basis....which means we will be seeing agts/runners queuing overnite! Tat agt said he collected 30+ chq....lol....

Say me fool, i might put in a chq and state 1200psf for 2bdr mid flr poolview.....just in case crapland decide to gime a xmas present! Dream a dream! Whahaha
    even 1.3kpsf will be too cheap for landed properties owners in D16/Kembangan area
    Ride at your own risk !!!

well we can dream can't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    well we can dream can't we?
    If Kovan MRT properties are already transacting at $1200psf, I think any developer would be confident of launching at $1300psf.

My prediction is $1250psf during Days 1-2 - for initial push of units and creating panic in sell out...then move to $1300psf from 3rd day onwards....and then $1400psf 2 weeks after, for those who want to think, wait, and think.

MRT condos are very very rare nowadays, but it doesn't mean that any MRT condo would fetch high prices. The threshold is this - any MRT station condo that allows 30mins travel time to CBD/Orchard would be worth $1200psf and above. that's my own view.

personally, like what others have mentioned, i wld not invest in bedok if it's $1400psf....rather I will look at D15 for FH properties. Bank in on privacy and atas seaside living. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

This place is living for convenience but suffer from all many other things. I rather spend a bit more time on travelling and stay in a better condo with the same price.
    No. This place is for rental investment not for ur family to stay. MRT plus mall plus hawker center at footstep is a massive draw for tenants, especially the mid to low levels. Should not have problem finding tenants even at downtime.

agree with amk that this is for rental for single PMETs (or 2 PMETs in 2br) so 1 or 2br better buy ... the best comparison is Centris or Centro AMK

and rental potential can check The Trumps/Astoria Park ... think people who currently rent Kembagan will prefer Bedok brand new due to the mall, with 1 stop of MRT hardly any diff

Sir, I thought u aiming for landed? 1200psf would be a good price to enter (with upside potential). 1300psf lesser meat left...

stack 33/35 977sq 2 bedder x 1200 = 1.17m wor..... how much will be the rental? can fetch 3.5k?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    stack 33/35 977sq 2 bedder x 1200 = 1.17m wor..... how much will be the rental? can fetch 3.5k?
    i tink got 8xxsqft 2bdr....haven do my research yet...

Quote Originally Posted by sotidy
    Sir, I thought u aiming for landed? 1200psf would be a good price to enter (with upside potential). 1300psf lesser meat left...
    tcss mah....submit chq only....1200psf xmas gift i grab lor....whaha

i tink got 8xxsqft 2bdr....haven do my research yet...

read min. is 71x sqft but dont know which stack.
    anyone has more info on 2 bedder?

read min. is 71x sqft but dont know which stack.
    anyone has more info on 2 bedder?
    just ask any agt to send u the ebrochure...100+ pages...whaha

Too many stupid different layouts......crappyland....lol

that's their latest trend, unique layouts. probably expecting the same for their bishan project.

Default From BT today

looks like a slew of launches till end of the year!

"Going into the month of Christmas, developers are rushing to dish out a final spread of new launches before the year's end to tap the buying momentum and capitalise on the festive spending mood of buyers.
    According to agents, CapitaLand is tentatively set to launch its 99-year-leasehold development, Bedok Residences, as early as this week.
    Expected to draw a fair bit of attention due to its prime location and proximity to Bedok MRT Station, the 583-unit project will form part of CapitaLand's plan to transform the Bedok Bus Interchange and the land surrounding it into a 15-storey mixed development comprising residential and retail components.
    Other projects expected to be launched in December include a 400 plus-unit residential project in Sembawang by MCC Land and a 577-unit development by UOL and SingLand by Bedok Reservoir."

i guess the UOL one will be the worse performer.....seriously too ex unless they priced it as 9xx-10xxpsf

i guess the UOL one will be the worse performer.....seriously too ex unless they priced it as 9xx-10xxpsf
    cannot lah if EU Habitat sold at $1xxxpsf, it doesn't make sense for UOL to do that.

I think if $1200psf at least 200units will be snapped up within a weekend. I predict $1250psf and up.

thanks.

MCC just got the land recently wow what a rush....

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    cannot lah if EU Habitat sold at $1xxxpsf, it doesn't make sense for UOL to do that.

I think if $1200psf at least 200units will be snapped up within a weekend. I predict $1250psf and up.

UOL and FEO which one is more branded now? EU bou by our Chinese buyer wor.

wow, media reported half sold liao...

with all the hype generated with the queuing...this is going to be interesting!!

the last hurray for property prices before the plummeting crash to its deepest depths

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    the last hurray for property prices before the plummeting crash to its deepest depths
    I believe the Watertown at Punggol will takeover this momentum early next year.

Cool

yeah..1st to plummet will be those new launches in geylang i bet.

nvr mind, capland will launch more intergrated projects to rescue the sg market

nvr mind, capland will launch more intergrated projects to rescue the sg market
    Yeah integrated massage/spa/ktv/specials....I will buy!!!

Next one bishan coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Next one bishan coming up!
    Bishan is another area that hasn't seen a launch in a while. Last one was the other side of Bishan which was TG. The queuers must be crazy knowing that it's probably going to be in the 1400-1500 range based on the land cost they paid.