Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In today mkt...1mil property how much to offer

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    You may think your property is like a tiffany in jewelery terms but the person who gave you a lower offer might just be seeing your property as taka grade, hence taka pricing. He is being smart to offer you low, only a true moron would buy at higher than market price or even market price in this property peak.
    i am getting confused here.....my standard of low balling is at least 20% off market valuation

personally dislike low ballers.....

for eg.try selling ur car/hse next time on ur own without agents....u will understand.....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i am getting confused here.....my standard of low balling is at least 20% off market valuation

for eg.try selling ur car/hse next time on ur own without agents....u will understand.....

I never sell any units by myself after some bad experiences. Let the agents do the grunt work which often gets dirty. IMO, the 1-2% is well spent here.

However, rental is a totally different ball game and I prefer a more hands-on approach.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    I never sell any units by myself after some bad experiences. Let the agents do the grunt work which often gets dirty. IMO, the 1-2% is well spent here.

However, rental is a totally different ball game and I prefer a more hands-on approach.
    after some bad experience rite....meaning u did tried selling on ur own before rite?

ya lor...i did tried b4 too...and i HATE LOW BALLERS

and sama sama....1-2% is $$ well spent and rental i also kapo abit.....still let agts handle but i try to be there during viewing...

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    are you deaf or daft? why should i sell below market value if i'm not in dire need to let go of the unit? as you said, free market = willing buyer, willing seller. it's moronic if one can't see beyond the fact that a buyer must offer a proposition that's enticing enough for the seller to bite.

if you can't afford a tiffany's, don't walk into the store and treat it like taka jewellery.

Take it easy bro. Hold on to your PSB for a while longer. The story there is just beginning to unfold with 112 Katong, ERL and the upcoming launches by CapLand and FEO.

In my dream, $2000 psf is definitely possible in the near future of 2-3 years. Why do you think that low ball offers are beginning to flow in?

Yeah lor...sell house sell car by self will end up vomiting blood.

10-20% is fine by my standards. i'm getting offers 40-50% below market price. that's moronic

hypothetically, if past transacted price for similar property is $800k, valuation is $750k and a guy comes along and offers you $720k, I don't think that is low balling. Yes, I agree that 20% below value is a bit too much

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    You may think your property is like a tiffany in jewelery terms but the person who gave you a lower offer might just be seeing your property as taka grade, hence taka pricing. He is being smart to offer you low, only a true moron would buy at higher than market price or even market price in this property peak.

(Btw tiffany is about the only jewelers to laser inscribe their serial numbers on the crown instead of the girdle of the diamond, really stupid thing to do as it affects the value of the precious stone. They of all jewelers should know better)
    i would call someone who's buying at higher than market price a carrot head. i go with devilplate on this, if you can't afford, don't try. if the buyer is pursuing the seller, then the assessment of value lies with the seller. if the seller is pursuing the buyer, it's reversed.

btw, it's a brand premium that people are willing to pay for a tiffany's, not where the inscription is done.

after some bad experience rite....meaning u did tried selling on ur own before rite?

and sama sama....1-2% is $$ well spent and rental i also kapo abit.....still let agts handle but i try to be there during viewing...
    Yes I tried selling twice by myself before and absolutely loathe the experience. The bargaining over the $10-20 psf reminds me of a wet market.

For rental, I hired an admin to handle my units and also compile the profiles of the potential tenants for screening.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Yes I tried selling twice by myself before and absolutely loathe the experience. The bargaining over the $10-20 psf reminds me of a wet market.

For rental, I hired an admin to handle my units and also compile the profiles of the potential tenants for screening.
    agts told me they vomit blood by selling HDB too.....haggering over $100-500....den ended up sometimes they make up the difference from their comm to close the deal....LOL

smtimes humans like to hagger la....i also hagger over comm.....especially on the 7% GST.....i am sure many of us do tat rite....hehehehe

can tell u have many units on hand.....nid an admin

agts told me they vomit blood by selling HDB too.....haggering over $100-500....den ended up sometimes they make up the difference from their comm to close the deal....LOL

smtimes humans like to hagger la....i also hagger over comm.....especially on the 7% GST.....i am sure many of us do tat rite....hehehehe

can tell u have many units on hand.....nid an admin
    The profile of HDB buyers are slightly different I guess and yes, the 7% GST irks me too.

I guess you have quite a few as well, so you should know that once you hit a certain threshold of units, its easier to get someone to perform mundane chores like chasing of rental, coordination of move -in, out etc.. One should not sweat the small details and lose focus of spotting and accumulating on more good value units in the market.

10-20% is fine by my standards. i'm getting offers 40-50% below market price. that's moronic
    40-50% below market value, talk to them also waste saliva.

These buyers are not sincere when they offer 40-50% below market value. Do not waste time with them. Came across an angmo husband and singaporean wife who claim that they are willing to offer close to my offer price. Hence, allow them to view the unit and they even took picture of my unit becos I have done up the planter and bay windows. Came back with an offer 35% less than the offer price and this is during the heating up period last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    40-50% below market value, talk to them also waste saliva.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    These buyers are not sincere when they offer 40-50% below market value. Do not waste time with them. Came across an angmo husband and singaporean wife who claim that they are willing to offer close to my offer price. Hence, allow them to view the unit and they even took picture of my unit becos I have done up the planter and bay windows. Came back with an offer 35% less than the offer price and this is during the heating up period last year.
    so what happened in the end? did they walk away?

are you deaf or daft? why should i sell below market value if i'm not in dire need to let go of the unit? as you said, free market = willing buyer, willing seller. it's moronic if one can't see beyond the fact that a buyer must offer a proposition that's enticing enough for the seller to bite.

if you can't afford a tiffany's, don't walk into the store and treat it like taka jewellery.

Who's asking you to sell?

The buyer does not know your financial circumstances, he couldn't care less. Maybe you are in dire straits maybe you are not.... who knows. Maybe he is sincere maybe he isn't, so what. If you put up your property for sale this is what you have to put up with.

No point calling people moronic, daft, deaf...whatever. You have the right not to sell and he has the right to offer, as ridiculously as it seems to you.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Who's asking you to sell?

The buyer does not know your financial circumstances, he couldn't care less. Maybe you are in dire straits maybe you are not.... who knows. Maybe he is sincere maybe he isn't, so what. If you put up your property for sale this is what you have to put up with.

No point calling people moronic, daft, deaf...whatever. You have the right not to sell and he has the right to offer, as ridiculously as it seems to you.
    Agreed. You are bound to have lowballers no matter what you are selling, be it watches, cars etc. Just reject and move on to the next offer. No need to get so worked up over lowballers

I love drama. It goes well with my lunch. Keep it up.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008

u sell the unit yourself or thru agent? if thru agent..F the agent, the agent should f the couple off for offering 35% below the value...some angmo are cheapskate if they are not subsidied by company....

like u go in PML and ask the salesman 35% off the 5 series I want...Kiam Gan!!

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

my agent was suave, didn't bother me with the kacang putehs on the table. just gave me a routine update that made me laugh
    look on the bright side at least u had a good LAUGH........nowadays everything so gloomy not easy to LAUGH....

when i sold my property i agree to 1% commision to my agent but after he closed deal and came to me with commision form payable to his company i put 2%.......cos he got me a price way above my expectation....he was stunned....ask me u sure..i said YES i make u make....he worked very hard to market my property...and i appreciate his hard work...bottomline...have a big heart money easy come easy go.....once u start counting every.....life is meaningless....

chill bro one night i rushed back cos agent say buyer coming to make an offer buyer came with wife it was their 3rd viewing everything was tense.....then wife walked to my kitchen stood there and said she likes to spend lot of time in kitchen but my kitchen feels hot in the night..WTF......its part and parcel bro just hang on a lot of idiots will sniff u out and try their luck in this kinda market....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    when i sold my property i agree to 1% commision to my agent but after he closed deal and came to me with commision form payable to his company i put 2%.......cos he got me a price way above my expectation....he was stunned....ask me u sure..i said YES i make u make....he worked very hard to market my property...and i appreciate his hard work...bottomline...have a big heart money easy come easy go.....once u start counting every.....life is meaningless....
    I tot it would be better if you give him the 1% as planned, then the other 1% you give him as ang pow? Otherwise you give him 2% to the company then company "tan tio".
    Anyway you must be very pleased with the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    stay tuned there be more drama in next few months,....

chill bro one night i rushed back cos agent say buyer coming to make an offer buyer came with wife it was their 3rd viewing everything was tense.....then wife walked to my kitchen stood there and said she likes to spend lot of time in kitchen but my kitchen feels hot in the night..WTF......its part and parcel bro just hang on a lot of idiots will sniff u out and try their luck in this kinda market....
    omg........that's one of the lamest reasons i've heard. she isn't planning to sleep on the stove or in the kitchen at night eh???

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I tot it would be better if you give him the 1% as planned, then the other 1% you give him as ang pow? Otherwise you give him 2% to the company then company "tan tio".
    Anyway you must be very pleased with the transaction.
    i did offer but i appreciate his INTEGRITY....he said he works for his company and whatever payments will be paid to his company...ironically after that when i closed rental with another agent for my landed property which i am renting for a year the agent said NO need for tenants commision...the landlord will pay him his dues....i gues what goes round comes around........for the record my selling agent was a staunch muslim and my rental agent a staunch christian....ha ha how religion is linked to our property market.......GOD bless...

omg........that's one of the lamest reasons i've heard. she isn't planning to sleep on the stove or in the kitchen at night eh???
    like i said this market u got to expect a lot of crap...next day the same couple called my agent to offer 15% below asking...i politely told my agent to ask them take a trip to that BIG open field in SENGKANG.......

AND FLY KITES.......

haha..I encountered such ppl... go view ppl's unit the agent already told us that the buyer intend to sell at 1050psf for a 1289sft unit but he keep telling the agent I give you $1.15mil cheque you go tell the buyer to take it....

The agt is a chiobu? Guy leh....hehehehe

U so generous man....make more donation

i did offer but i appreciate his INTEGRITY....he said he works for his company and whatever payments will be paid to his company...ironically after that when i closed rental with another agent for my landed property which i am renting for a year the agent said NO need for tenants commision...the landlord will pay him his dues....i gues what goes round comes around........for the record my selling agent was a staunch muslim and my rental agent a staunch christian....ha ha how religion is linked to our property market.......GOD bless...
    Nowadays after cea is formed....lots of estate agt act and regulations....agts machiam treated like criminals! Seriously go take a look at those laws....u will b shocked! Small small issue, agts can b fine up to 25k and or 12 mths imprisonment whahahaha

Tat agt also dare not collect comm from u since he oredi paid by his landlord....if not u can complain to cea for dual representation and he can b jailed! Whahahaha....its tat serious nowadays