Thread: What makes homebuyers go nuts over far-flung properties?

Default What makes homebuyers go nuts over far-flung properties?

Properties in the extreme ends of Singapore offer lower investment yields compared to other regions but such kind have grown in popularity in the past 1.5 years with some even achieving record selling prices, says an expert.

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...ung-properties

Quote Originally Posted by SBR
    Properties in the extreme ends of Singapore offer lower investment yields compared to other regions but such kind have grown in popularity in the past 1.5 years with some even achieving record selling prices, says an expert.

For own stay is good, when bought at lower price its good. Rental returns depends if one buy it now or bought it sometime ago. However, with how properties prices are overall progressing i think in longer term when all the train lines are all operational the value appreciation will still be good. In Singapore, if longer term property dun appreciate in value - what else do we have to appreciate ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBR

let your humble brother here enlighten you la.. but I have sold all my units in the far eastern and far western part of Singapore liao hor... so dun blame me for anything:

1) Far Eastern - main pull factor : Changi Airport
    Hint: Many foreign buyers stay in far eastern so it is easier to transport their families from the airport to their homes. One foreign neighbor remarked to me that staying near the Changi Airport when going back to their homeland is like taking a taxi ...very convenient.

2) Far Western- main pull factor : Jurong Lake Redevelopment
    Hint: Many foreign expats who are professional of the commerce here so rental returns is very attractive here.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader

Hint: Many foreign buyers stay in far eastern so it is easier to transport their families from the airport to their homes. One foreign neighbor remarked to me that staying near the Changi Airport when going back to their homeland is like taking a taxi ...very convenient.
    strange.Your foreign neighbor travel to and fro to his homeland everyday, that's why he stay near Changi Airport?

Frequent flyers wud prefer to stay in the east...but to say for convenience of transporting family members sounds funny

First time I am hearing this.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Frequent flyers wud prefer to stay in the east...but to say for convenience of transporting family members sounds funny
    Taxi drivers will kpkb if you take their taxi for those staying in the far eastside....
    These cabbies waited 1hr ++ in queue for passengers...
    They feel cheated if passenger only wants to go to Changi/Simei/Loyang area where the cab fare is only a measly $7++ [including Flagdown fare ($2.80) + Airport surcharge ($3.00)]

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    Taxi drivers will kpkb if you take their taxi for those staying in the far eastside....
    These cabbies waited 1hr ++ in queue for passengers...
    They feel cheated if passenger only wants to go to Changi/Simei/Loyang area where the cab fare is only a measly $7++ [including Flagdown fare ($2.80) + Airport surcharge ($3.00)]
    After airport surcharge introduced, less kpkb liao la.....and somemore nowadays they r more afraid u go complain them..

Cerrtain timing airport surcharge $5 rite?
    Last edited by devilplate; 03-10-11 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    strange.Your foreign neighbor travel to and fro to his homeland everyday, that's why he stay near Changi Airport?
    Not everyday, but this ahpunehneh has visitors from India every week. So I guess that is why this area is so popular with them. One week his father comes, next week his uncle comes, and so on.. so I guess Changi Airport is like a taxi stand to them. And, he said S$1million for a 99 year leasehold here is cheap.

A few days just after I sold my property in fast eastern, this same ahpunehneh shown me the OTP that he had purchased the unit he stayed in from the owner for S$900K++. Very cheap, very cheap, he kept praising himself and bringing more buyers to the project. I got a feeling that time that this area will hit S$1500 like Serangoon also.....

Too bad, I already out of this area and concentrating my portfolio into D9,D10,D11 and D15.

A few days just after I sold my property in fast eastern, this same ahpunehneh shown me the OTP that he had purchased the unit he stayed in from the owner for S$900K++. Very cheap, very cheap, he kept praising himself and bringing more buyers to the project. I got a feeling that time that this area will hit S$1500 like Serangoon also.....

Too bad, I already out of this area and concentrating my portfolio into D9,D10,D11 and D15.
    ccr worse performer now

Taxi trip can always claim from company. Doesnt need to be so near airport lah. In fact, those who stay in Bayshore near airport always kena black face from taxi driver and wished she stay further away. Only suaku need to live near airport. No where around the world(other than Singaporeans) place "near airport" and jet fuel pollution (100x worse than car pollution) a selling point. In most advanced countries, airport are intentionally built far awar from residential areas or else residents will complain about the harmful effects of the pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Why buy condo near airport. No chance of plot ratio going upward in future due to height restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Taxi trip can always claim from company. Doesnt need to be so near airport lah. In fact, those who stay in Bayshore near airport always kena black face from taxi driver and wished she stay further away. Only suaku need to live near airport. No where around the world(other than Singaporeans) place "near airport" and jet fuel pollution (100x worse than car pollution) a selling point. In most advanced countries, airport are intentionally built far awar from residential areas or else residents will complain about the harmful effects of the pollution.
    its more like time saving benefit

SG too small la....stay where also got pollution wat.....west got tuas/bukom....east got airport, north got JB, only south cleaner? but how many can afford to stay south?

right in the middle perhaps also cleaner but some areas r flood prone...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Ya, if stay too near airport, Taxi driver FACE is very Black when u board, they queue so long to pick u up from airport, journey only 5min.., taxi fee mayb $10..., your ride home will be a jerky one...After u alight, Taxi Driver will curse and swear in Hokkien, esp those Lao Ah Beng type...

What far-flung places? Singapore is only about 40 km long, 20 km wide. Other than mainly CBD, everywhere has the usual everything like malls, schools and amenities. Singapore is just too small and compact to have any "far-flung places". It's not about location any more, but locality, meaning things like the community, surrounding and sights that one chooses to locate themselves. Not everyone works in the CBD (very badly located if you ask me), many work and therefore choose to live in so-called far-flung places.

Soon, JB is far-flung

PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia - Malaysia and Singapore are seeking a consultant to undertake an engineering study for a rapid transit system linking Johor Baru and Singapore, Singapore's Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said here on Tuesday.

The rapid transit link is expected to run from a station near JB Sentral on the Johor side to one near Republic Polytechnic in Woodlands.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    What far-flung places? Singapore is only about 40 km long, 20 km wide. Other than mainly CBD, everywhere has the usual everything like malls, schools and amenities. Singapore is just too small and compact to have any "far-flung places". It's not about location any more, but locality, meaning things like the community, surrounding and sights that one chooses to locate themselves. Not everyone works in the CBD (very badly located if you ask me), many work and therefore choose to live in so-called far-flung places.
    i beg to differ.althoguh u can say sing is small but u can take 1hr to go town if u stay in far north, east or west as compared to 10min if u stay nearer.i stay in ulu west i understand the benefit of staying near town