Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227323742 ... LastLast

Thread: Suites @ Paya Lebar

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Are to share why it is good?
    Freehold. Total 99 units, most them are 1BR or studio.
    I guess average 100+ people are living. Not very crowded, even in the lift.
    If we look at the total price, unit price $PSF and location, they are not very expensive compared with similar development, at the moment.

Since TOP 2012 Oct, we can move in earlier (or) renting out earlier.
    I also like Suites @ Topaz (D12) and The Vue (D19).
    But their TOP is 1+ and 2+ year later.

Hope property market will not crash after I buy in Dec :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LeNeo
    If we look at the total price, unit price $PSF and location, they are not very expensive compared with similar development, at the moment.

u shd hope ppty px crash before u buy in Dec

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u shd hope ppty px crash before u buy in Dec
    no leh basic say crash in 2013...

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    no leh basic say crash in 2013...
    wah....his words getting powderful.....

self fulfilling prophecy?!?!

btw he said within 2-3yrs....can be anytime from now till Oct 2014 hor

Not even obama can predict that....but usually i go against the market sentiments...lol

i guess the attractivess depends on what u value most. if u hate crowd esp on weekends in which many residents will be bombarding the clubhouse, pool, gym etc, then this and other small projects may be for you. this is what attracts me to this project. dont know but the psf at least i am paying is considered high (maybe becos of the pool view and higher floor). the only MM that i can think of which is higher than my psf is prob the seawind @ telok kurau.

yes another attractive thing is the top date. esp for homestay, owners like to move in asap esp when this will be their first home.

Update 6th Dec 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Update 6th Dec 2011.
    OMG. The light at the end of tunnel is getting brighter!!! Thanks a lot for the pic update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    OMG. The light at the end of tunnel is getting brighter!!! Thanks a lot for the pic update!!!
    So fast, have they even dug the underground carpark?

The carpark for Urban Residences showflat looks sad...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    So fast, have they even dug the underground carpark?

hmmm looks like they have. but the "crater" doesnt look deep.

Hey good news guys,
    they plan to widen the upp paya lebar road to ease congestion at our area!
    thumbs up!

Default Partial acquisition of Upper Paya Lebar Rd to ease congestion

errm, doesn't mean that this project and Urban Residences are now closer to the road?! 1 lane more in each direction leh!

SINGAPORE: A part of Upper Paya Lebar Road will be widened by 2014 to improve traffic flow between the residential areas in the Northeast, and the industrial parks in Aljunied, Ubi and Eunos.

The 1.3-kilometre stretch is between Upper Serangoon Road and Bartley Road.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said a lane will be added in each direction of the carriageway, to relieve existing peak-hour congestion and meet anticipated future increase in traffic.

LTA said that with redevelopment and growth in these areas, the traffic along Upper Paya Lebar Road is expected to increase by up to 25 per cent by 2020.

Some private land along the affected road, amounting to 1,608.2 square metres, will be acquired for the widening works.

This includes the backlane of a row of shophouses near Paya Lebar Crescent, which will be converted into a service road for the loading and unloading of goods.

Another five properties will also face partial acquisition.

This includes the grass verge of the Lam Soon Tang Chong Huay, nine car park lots of Da Jin Factory and the open space at Just Anthony Furniture Shop.

The Fa Hua Monastery will also have to bid farewell to a building extension, which was constructed without approval from the authorities three years ago.

The monastery runs half yearly camps for 100 children during school holidays, and participants sleep in the hall.

Its supervisor - Reverend Zhen Ding - said such activities will now have to be scaled back.

LTA said it will rebuild the compound wall after the acquisition.

An open car park in front of some shophouses along How Sun Road will also be affected, with eight car park lots acquired.

Shop owners told Channel NewsAsia that having fewer car park lots will hurt their business.

As it is, there's already a shortage of available parking, said Gary Ang, the owner of Tai Seng Turtle Soup restaurant.

"The car park (situation) here is quite terrible. It's free parking. A lot of people come and park, like the lorries. They park at night, (and) drive away next morning.

"I think we will relocate our shop. Because 90 per cent of our customers drive here. Now my customers don't come. Some even call me to reserve the car park for them."

The back lane of a row of shophouses near Paya Lebar Crescent will also be acquired, to be converted into a service road for unloading goods.

Channel NewsAsia understands there were plans to convert the lane into a car park to ease the parking situation, but plans will now be shelved.

But owners of a coffee powder factory said unloading of goods at the back, will mess up their operations.

Cynthia said: "We roast our coffee bean here, and we need a clean place. If you unload the coffee bean from the back, they will dirty my place and there're a lot of dust here."

Landowners will receive their notices on Friday.

The affected lands will be acquired by December 2012.

Widening works for the road will start in mid-2012, but works on the affected private lands will only start in 2013.

- CNA/ck

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    Hey good news guys,
    they plan to widen the upp paya lebar road to ease congestion at our area!
    thumbs up!
    Is that a good thing? Widening will affect Suites@Paya Lebar as the road will now be much closer to the devt bringing more dust and noise.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Is that a good thing? Widening will affect Suites@Paya Lebar as the road will now be much closer to the devt bringing more dust and noise.
    They are widening the part opp Paya Lebar Suites...clearing the pte estates there...

Cooling measures and road widening can effect the price of Suites@Paya Lebar? How much net % drop? I already bought 1 unit there

Cooling measures and road widening can effect the price of Suites@Paya Lebar? How much net % drop? I already bought 1 unit there
    Why are you so concerned? Are you planning to sell? With all these uncertainties, just hold on to your property first. Live in it if possible. Watch the market. Think of the flip side. After road widening, prices will rise again coz its a better driving experience for all staying along this stretch of road.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    They are widening the part opp Paya Lebar Suites...clearing the pte estates there...
    Not true. They are also clearing up the back lanes of the shophouses near Paya Lebar Crescent...

Will the public carpark lots outside Bayou Residence to taken too?
    Last edited by ysyap; 10-12-11 at 07:17.

On second thoughts, why can't the authorities build a flyover similar to the one at Upper Serangoon Road, linking Woodleigh directly to Kovan? No need for road widening and it may well shorten travel time for some vehicles... No traffic light waiting...

Waiting for their 2 bedder to sell below 700k

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Waiting for their 2 bedder to sell below 700k
    Why not you just walk into the showflat this afternoon and offer $695k for their 2 bedder and see their response... Let us know if its successful...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not true. They are also clearing up the back lanes of the shophouses near Paya Lebar Crescent...

Will the public carpark lots outside Bayou Residence to taken too?
    Apparently not. But, Suites@PL affected. http://app.ltgallery.lta.gov.sg/data...20Widening.pdf

Why are you so concerned? Are you planning to sell? With all these uncertainties, just hold on to your property first. Live in it if possible. Watch the market. Think of the flip side. After road widening, prices will rise again coz its a better driving experience for all staying along this stretch of road.
    yea. since u have sealed the deal, theres nothing much u can do abt it. i got an unit there too but rather than worrying abt the property value, i rather worry abt whether i can still keep my job and whether my skills are still relevant and marketable, how to upgrade my skills so i can get a better paying job. these are more controllable in my opinion

yea. since u have sealed the deal, theres nothing much u can do abt it. i got an unit there too but rather than worrying abt the property value, i rather worry abt whether i can still keep my job and whether my skills are still relevant and marketable, how to upgrade my skills so i can get a better paying job. these are more controllable in my opinion
    having said dat, i think prob this project will be affected but not much. the latest cm will hv bigger impact on high profile luxurious projects (think those that run ads on newspaper, tv etc)which targets foreign investors. since these foreigners may not live in spore and hence could only rely on ads for condo update. i dont think MM wld appeal to them and they may not be even aware of most of the MM due to lack of advertising (the only MM ad i saw so far is seawind @ telok kurau if that is qualfiied as MM) so my take is MM will be affected but not to the extent of big high profile and expensive projects that rely heavily on foreign investment support

having said dat, i think prob this project will be affected but not much. the latest cm will hv bigger impact on high profile luxurious projects (think those that run ads on newspaper, tv etc)which targets foreign investors. since these foreigners may not live in spore and hence could only rely on ads for condo update. i dont think MM wld appeal to them and they may not be even aware of most of the MM due to lack of advertising (the only MM ad i saw so far is seawind @ telok kurau if that is qualfiied as MM) so my take is MM will be affected but not to the extent of big high profile and expensive projects that rely heavily on foreign investment support
    This project px hard to drop.....unless developer drop px

Those projects whereby owners r sitting on big gains will see immediate knee jerk reaction......

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Apparently not. But, Suites@PL affected. http://app.ltgallery.lta.gov.sg/data...20Widening.pdf
    Don't understand the map... ST reported that 8 carpark lots outside the shophouses at How Sun will be taken but the map seem to suggest that the entire stretch will be taken which I suspect is > 8 lots. Also, the road into Jalan Lokam is also taken. Isn't that eating into the residential landed property already? Hmmm.. don't understand the map at all...

Don't understand the map... ST reported that 8 carpark lots outside the shophouses at How Sun will be taken but the map seem to suggest that the entire stretch will be taken which I suspect is > 8 lots. Also, the road into Jalan Lokam is also taken. Isn't that eating into the residential landed property already? Hmmm.. don't understand the map at all...
    The government should just put an ERP gantry along the stretch. There is an upper limit on the number of roads that can be upgraded. A lot of precious land has been used for building road.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The government should just put an ERP gantry along the stretch. There is an upper limit on the number of roads that can be upgraded. A lot of precious land has been used for building road.
    Putting an ERP here will not help coz it'll just divert the cars to other parallel roads. They must cater to the increased number of road users here. Building a flyover like the one along Upper Serangoon Road should be a better solution but not sure why they don't want to do that...

7 more sold at 1322psf median. 52 out of 99 to go.