Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When will we see a significant price correction .... or wont we ?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    But tot we r toking abt rental here?

I tink the issue lies on the rental quantum....above 5k rental is tough
    apparently PAPs is bring in too much of the wrg FT. Need to adjust S pass to 2k means too much of the wrg FT. Bring in those whom can easily afford 5k rental ones!

Send all the bankers our way, all over the world man bring them here. Help our 5k rental market segment!

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    jialat.

devilplate: Yes rental is above 5K. Apparently tenants are v. price sensitive these days (the fat expat packages are becoming extinct). Units asking for 3K can still rent out but 4K getting difficult and 5K almost impossible. That's for 3-bedders. Those who bought at sky-high prices are going to get a shock when TOP comes and there are just too many units. My agent already told me there are too many units now. Let alone in 2 or 3 years time down the road. The future does not look rosy for investment property.
    Here's my views

1. Pte condo rentals had already peaked in Q2-Q3 this year. 2012 onwards will be worse as many projects will TOP earlier. HDB rental will be recession proof, as evident by more Ang Mos in HDB estates.

2. Next year the regional economy will not be so rosy, so property price generally will remain stagnant. A correction of more than 10% is unlikely unless we have massive retrenchments. Moreover hot money will continue to pour in.

3. Buy FH/999 LH condo near MRT for own stay is the best. Keep and rent out the HDBs because demand will increase if there is a recession.

4. Continue to work harder to keep your job, and go for skills upgrading to remain relevant.

5. Economy most likely will recover in 2015, so time your purchase well.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Here's my views

1. Pte condo rentals had already peaked in Q2-Q3 this year. 2012 onwards will be worse as many projects will TOP earlier. HDB rental will be recession proof, as evident by more Ang Mos in HDB estates.

2. Next year the regional economy will not be so rosy, so property price generally will remain stagnant. A correction of more than 10% is unlikely unless we have massive retrenchments. Moreover hot money will continue to pour in.

3. Buy FH/999 LH condo near MRT for own stay is the best. Keep and rent out the HDBs because demand will increase if there is a recession.

4. Continue to work harder to keep your job, and go for skills upgrading to remain relevant.

makes a lot of sense...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    makes a lot of sense...
    bro, your unit sold for record price???

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    I believe correction means prices done rather than advertised....
    Yap. Is just an invitation to treat. Not amounting to an offer or a consideration .

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Here's my views

Point 5 is the most important in terms of property transaction. If need to buy, buy before 2015 or at the latest, early 2015. If need to sell, wait till at least end 2015 or even 2016 when prices climb up again! That is if economy really recover in 2015. I think 2015 is a decent guess! If recessions starts in 2012, then recovery may start as early as 2014 too.

dont know if im just lucky, my unit just secured a new 2 years lease @ $200 higher, another record for my estate, 11days after my old tenant left : )

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    dont know if im just lucky, my unit just secured a new 2 years lease @ $200 higher, another record for my estate, 11days after my old tenant left : )
    Wah. Your tenant still willing to go for 2 years? He's not working in the banking sector.

just heard the most ridiculous thing from an agent friend last night ...

he was helping to rent out a 818 sqft 2 bedder at Suites@Central

damn good location ..

last tenant paid $4.8k pm and he found a new tenant for him at $5.3k ...and only partial furnished ..

the LOI was submitted ... normal practise 3 days for landlord to reply .. but this landlord took a week already and still no reply ..saying he has 10 agents ( including my friend) working for him to rent out that unit ..
    and he is holding back on the LOI becos he thinks can get $5.4k FKING 100 more only ..

and this landlord owns 3 units there ..of various sizes ..

my friend was so angry he advised the tenant to look elsewhere .. and warned his fellow agent colleague to be aware of this landlord ...

penny wise pound foolish landlord

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Wah. Your tenant still willing to go for 2 years? He's not working in the banking sector.
    non banking

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    yup that's a very good description of that owner

Surprise to know that can only fetch $3K. Thought there is someone who said that a new MM unit can fetch $2000 rental.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Need some advise here. Gurus, what do you think of a 3-bedder 1400 sq ft double storey low floor apartment very near Kembagan MRT renting for $3k a month? Is it cheap? Or is it expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Surprise to know that can only fetch $3K. Thought there is someone who said that a new MM unit can fetch $2000 rental.
    u dun even noe the project name and state of condition and shdnt comment any further

if its an old walk up apt without any facilities, 3k is quite ex....nearby 5rm flat cost about 2.5k with lift

mm over that area not even near mrt r rented out at least 2.3k.....some r selling wif tenancy

so u dun have to depend on hearsay from this forum....jus contact a few agts to get the real rental market out there

damn good location ..

last tenant paid $4.8k pm and he found a new tenant for him at $5.3k ...and only partial furnished ..

the LOI was submitted ... normal practise 3 days for landlord to reply .. but this landlord took a week already and still no reply ..saying he has 10 agents ( including my friend) working for him to rent out that unit ..
    and he is holding back on the LOI becos he thinks can get $5.4k FKING 100 more only ..

my friend was so angry he advised the tenant to look elsewhere .. and warned his fellow agent colleague to be aware of this landlord ...

i dun tink its due to tat $100 rental diff

it must smthing else.....mabe not so keen to rent out(trying to sell actually) or not willing to pay comm or the tenant profile is not suitable or he dun like ur agent

tat owner must be quite a seasoned player to own 3 units ....so dun tink he is pound foolish

damn good location ..

That landlord is not an honorable person!

That landlord is not an honorable person!
    actually nothing wrong wif tat owner....anyway the story is one sided from tat agent only and we all know tat agent r full of lies and gd at twisting facts

LOI usually got 3days expiry wat....so nothing wrong for owner to sit on it and let it lapse rite?

i highly suspect the reason is tat owner bey song tat agt....whahaha

i ever accept a lower rental from another agt instead of the higher one(diff of $200) simply bcoz the other agt got serious attitude problem

Have been patience for very long already!!! How long more? 2012/2013/2014? No one knows for sure!
    Mr Kwek from CDL say when prices go up people buy more when prices come down people scared and dare not buy.... so if prices really drop, make sure you dare to commit....

Landlord must see who tenant is also, if ang moh our japanese tenant offering 5.3k and parapoondek tenant offering 5.4k, I will still go for the 5.3k for peace of mind.

damn good location ..

Quote Originally Posted by revhappy
    These prices are actually less than what they were 6 months back. Also, surely those prices are negotiable. Agents jack up prices atleast 20%. If nobody calls them surely they will go for 20% lesser
    Maybe you can try? Or better, ask for 50% discount?

If it drops 10% SSD will drop.

So then it goes up again.

Back to where we are today by September 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Landlord must see who tenant is also, if ang moh our japanese tenant offering 5.3k and parapoondek tenant offering 5.4k, I will still go for the 5.3k for peace of mind.
    This is the second time you have used the word Parapoondek. What does it mean?

Telok Indah???

If yes, this is an old walk-up.
    If you are getting the upper units, it means walking 4 flights of stairs up and down daily, not counting those stair inside the unit.

We had considered buying this place last year when a good unblocked north-south unit was offered.
    No facilities except carpark, some sheltered, some open and security.

The best feature is the location as it is really close to Kembangan MRT and lots of nice food in vicinity.
    One point though, it is right behind a large mosque, so may not be suitable for some folks.

I think its suitable for young couple without kids or family with teenagers.
    Not too suitable for couples with young kids/baby as would be quite tiring with the walk-up, nor is it suitable if you have elderly folks.
    I'm pretty fit and even I find the climb a bit of a hassle...

In the end, having considered all, we passed the offer and i think it was eventually sold for slightly less than $800k.

For rental, $3000 is about right for this project ($2800-3200?), been at this level in recent few years... ... the competition of cos would be the mushrooming of apartments all over Telok Kurau and some of these are going to TOP soon too!

Good luck!

[QNow I know why. UOTE=TKT]Telok Indah???

If you are getting the upper units, it means walking 4 flights of stairs up and down daily, not counting those stair inside the unit.

We had considered buying this place last year when a good unblocked north-south unit was offered.

The best feature is the location as it is really close to Kembangan MRT and lots of nice food in vicinity.
    One point though, it is right behind a large mosque, so may not be suitable for some folks.

Not too suitable for couples with young kids/baby as would be quite tiring with the walk-up, nor is it suitable if you have elderly folks.

In the end, having considered all, we passed the offer and i think it was eventually sold for slightly less than $800k.

For rental, $3000 is about right for this project ($2800-3200?), been at this level in recent few years... ... the competition of cos would be the mushrooming of apartments all over Telok Kurau and some of these are going to TOP soon too!

Good luck! [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by revhappy
    This is the second time you have used the word Parapoondek. What does it mean?
    Unfortunately, you should know that we have a lot of racists in this forum. If you know the meaning of the word you will know that it is very insulting. It is not the same as calling someone "Thambi" or "Anna" (pronounced "Ah Nay")

Try googling "Pundek" for its meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Unfortunately, you should know that we have a lot of racists in this forum. If you know the meaning of the word you will know that it is very insulting. It is not the same as calling someone "Thambi" or "Anna" (pronounced "Ah Nay")

Try googling "Pundek" for its meaning.
    based on our personal experiences in life we all got our own way of describing certain breeds of humans...i normally refer to them as abnn...but maybe our bro hates them more than me thats why he call them parapoondek....

[QNow I know why. UOTE=TKT]Telok Indah???

Good luck!
    [/quote]

i also viewed a unit there before but walked away when i realised that every friday it would be a nightmare....

JLL sees no housing glut in 2014 and 2015
    Holding a contrarian view, it says demand for homes will likely remain fairly stable

By UMA SHANKARI

THE residential market here will not see a correction in 2014 and 2015 even though a sizeable amount of new homes is due to be completed over those two years, argued Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) in a new white paper.

'Demand for housing is likely to remain fairly stable and support the injection of new stock over the next few years,' said JLL's South-east Asia research head Chua Yang Liang, who presented the paper yesterday.

JLL's view differs from most analysts' prediction that Singapore is set to face a housing glut from 2013 to 2015.

According to JLL, an average of about 50,000 HDB flats and private homes will be ready each year in 2014 and 2015.

This is equivalent to 2.5 times the average yearly stock completed since 2001.

Dr Chua said the residential market will not contract as a result of new stock. Over the past decade, the Singapore residential market has seen hardly any corrections based on stock levels alone, he said. For example, despite the large supply that came in 1998, island-wide property prices were fairly stable.

Dr Chua also noted that the growth in population over the past few years has outpaced the increase in physical housing stock. This suggests that the demand backlog is likely to help keep prices steady.

On top of this, immigration is unlikely to stop, JLL said.

The property firm used two different rates of immigration and population growth to map out the expected state of Singapore's residential housing market in 2014 and 2015.

Under the first scenario, JLL assumes that Singapore's population grows to just 5.2 million by 2015. In this case, the cumulative housing stock (the total number of homes available for owner-occupation and rent) will still not be able to meet total demand in 2014.

But in 2015, supply will be greater than demand, Dr Chua said.

Under this scenario, he expects the official property price index to grow by an average of 1.8 per cent per year until 2015.

And in JLL's more bullish second scenario, Singapore could be home to some 5.5 million people by 2015.

In this case, new housing stock may be insufficient in both 2014 and 2015 to meet annual housing demand.

As a result, property prices could grow by an average of 7.5 per cent a year from 2011 to 2015, JLL said.

property mkt just like stock market all different analyst got different views some say buy some say sell....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    property mkt just like stock market all different analyst got different views some say buy some say sell....
    I remember in early 07 when ppty market is super red hot, most analyst predicted oversupply in 2010 n px will start to decline as well....but who noes, oct 2007 subprime crisis erupted....

Can never never place ur bet based on supply....

Its all about global economy for sg ppty market

And all major banks including Citi, UBS, DBS, OCBC, UOB, Merill Lynch etc all predicted in Q12009 that property will crash another 10-20% in 2009. The rest is history...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I remember in early 07 when ppty market is super red hot, most analyst predicted oversupply in 2010 n px will start to decline as well....but who noes, oct 2007 subprime crisis erupted....

Can never never place ur bet based on supply....

Its all about global economy for sg ppty market