Thread: Tanglin View vs Queens

Default Tanglin View vs Queens

Hi guys, I'm looking at either one of the above developments for investment and move in later. Can I find out your opinion on the good and bad of both?

Tanglin view is near redhill mrt and Queens is near queenstown mrt.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Hi guys, I'm looking at either one of the above developments for investment and move in later. Can I find out your opinion on the good and bad of both?

Thanks.
    Redhill, because it is closer to town and there are very delicious and value for $ food at the market and hawker centers.

Queens is closer to mrt stn? How about noise from MRT track? There seems to have more happening near Queenstown area in the URA plan.

Thanks.

Queens is slightly nearer to MRT and about 4 years 'newer' than Tanglin
    Good to note Queens is a much bigger projects with 722units vs Tanglin 210

Thanks.

Which one has more open view?
    Quote Originally Posted by popoty

Interior of Tanglin looks really old & personally I don't like it. IMHO Queens much better project & view. Better go look at both yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by popoty
    Both about same age TOP in 2002. I think u are referring to The other tanglin dev next door. Tanglin view has about 300+ units.

i pick tanglin view over queens.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    i pick tanglin view over queens.
    If similar psf for similar flr and view, i will pick tanglin view too

[quote=KC76]Hi guys, I'm looking at either one of the above developments for investment and move in later. Can I find out your opinion on the good and bad of both?

Tha
    both are leasehold 99 years

Cool

if u need to use the mrt daily,go for queens cos the walk from tanglin view to redhill mrt is further.
    queens is also more rentable than tanglin view imo.

my vote goes to Tanglin View coz the room size in Queens are really small...
    but TV will have competition soon from Metro and Ascentia....

Check URA q2 2011 rental, median for Queens is $4.21psf, while Tangling View is $4.37psf

According to property guru, ave psf for Queens is $1155psf, while Tangling View is $1302psf

Objectively, if for investment purpose, I would go for Queens...

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    if u need to use the mrt daily,go for queens cos the walk from tanglin view to redhill mrt is further.
    queens is also more rentable than tanglin view imo.
    Is Queens very near the MRT? It's an overground track and the MRT can be v. noisy (this is feedback from Metropolitan residents). The rumbling can disturb sleep at night.

They are above ground. Units at the Alexius that are closer to the viaduct should be able to hear it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Is Queens very near the MRT? It's an overground track and the MRT can be v. noisy (this is feedback from Metropolitan residents). The rumbling can disturb sleep at night.

Yup but can get one with other facing.

If it's for investment, Tanglin View is better than Queens.

Thought of buying Queens when it's launched in 1999 and claimed to be the tallest condo in Singapore (shortly after HDB announced building taller 40-storey flats nearby).

Found the site of Queens quite small. The swimming pool is built very close to the blocks. Also it's located very near to the HDB flats.

Bought a Tanglin View 2-bedder in 2004. It's very popular with Japanese tenants. Always manage to sign and renew tenancy with Japanese MNCs with good rates even during bad times.

Two-bedrooms are quite rare in Tanglin View (only have two units on each floor of Tower A, also not blocked by Ascentia Sky), thus are a better investment than 3-bedrooms.

If you're looking for 2-bedders, you can also consider Tanglin Regency. It has a Tanglin Road address (unlike the others in that area) and the entrance is right next to the entrance of the newly opened Alexandra canal park connector. The units facing the canal have good views of the city overlooking the landed properties in the Tanglin area (no HDB view). They have high ceilings which make them look bigger. The drawback is that the 2nd bedroom is small (can only barely accomodate a single bed). But it's not difficult to rent out even in bad times (like Tanglin View) because of the location - still within comfortable walking distance of Redhill MRT but separated from the MRT track by one road. People who live there seem to love the new park connector for walking and jogging (read reviews on propertyguru.com).

If you're looking for 2-bedders, you can also consider Tanglin Regency. It has a Tanglin Road address (unlike the others in that area) and the entrance is right next to the entrance of the newly opened Alexandra canal park connector. The units facing the canal have good views of the city overlooking the landed properties in the Tanglin area (no HDB view). They have high ceilings which make them look bigger. The drawback is that the 2nd bedroom is small (can only barely accomodate a single bed). But it's not difficult to rent out even in bad times (like Tanglin View) because of the location - still within comfortable walking distance of Redhill MRT but separated from the MRT track by one road. People who live there seem to love the new park connector for walking and jogging (read reviews on propertyguru.com).
    yeah...D10 address....ad under D10 got advantage wor...gullible buyers may bite....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    yeah...D10 address....ad under D10 got advantage wor...gullible buyers may bite....LOL
    Yep D10 Tanglin Road address. It's reasonably well maintained. A good bachelor pad for single expats (or small families). With easy access to Orchard Road.

Price being equal, it's a no brainer - Tanglin View for sure.

My choice would be Tanglin.
    1. "Prestigious" location and name
    2. Not too near the MRT track. Tracks get noisier as they age.
    3. Not surrounded by HDB flats so don't need to endure whatever noisy functions they hold at the void decks.
    4. Closer to public sports facilities, e.g. running track, sports hall.