Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

Cool Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

I know of 1 friend that bought ferreria park, anyone has anything to comment about Changi area like ferreria park and edwellwiss park?
    I see that Savanah condopark is also compared within this group.
    She says ferreria park has good potential for growth base on the price for the freehold property. I quite disagree, what do you guys think?

hello hayata bro Guest

Default Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    IShe says ferreria park has good potential for growth base on the price for the freehold property. I quite disagree, what do you guys think?
    I gotta disagree too. Freehold in ulu location is still crap. Imagine if they built luxury condo in ulu location - it will still be crap, won't it. When she based her analysis on "price for freehold property" was she comparing Ferraria Park to D9, 10, 11? If so, she is just dreaming.

Location, location, location is still the key. Not freehold/leasehold. People have got to change their old mindsets, the modern Singapore property scene doesn't work along the lines of freehold/leasehold any more. It is now purely LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.

Quote Originally Posted by hello hayata bro
    I gotta disagree too. Freehold in ulu location is still crap. Imagine if they built luxury condo in ulu location - it will still be crap, won't it. When she based her analysis on "price for freehold property" was she comparing Ferraria Park to D9, 10, 11? If so, she is just dreaming.

Location, location, location is still the key. Not freehold/leasehold. People have got to change their old mindsets, the modern Singapore property scene doesn't work along the lines of freehold/leasehold any more. It is now purely LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.
    Since u said LOCATION is the key, can I ask what is your opinion about D5 condos? Location wise.

1north1rochester Guest

West coast, hmmmm.... 1 north brought the prices surrounding higher, 1 rochester delay waiting for higher price.. Biopolis is the game to play in this area.

District 5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1north1rochester
    West coast, hmmmm.... 1 north brought the prices surrounding higher, 1 rochester delay waiting for higher price.. Biopolis is the game to play in this area.
    Cool!

Then your choices are:
    1. buy One-North Residences (subsale), or
    2. buy One Rochester.

1north1rochester Guest

NONE, 1 north is now overpriced. 1 rochester is going to be overpriced.
    Instead, look at the TOPed projects surrounding it.

Unregistered Guest

Dover Park View not bad wat.

Wallace Chu, DBS Vickers Guest

Default Don't Saying Overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by 1north1rochester
    NONE, 1 north is now overpriced. 1 rochester is going to be overpriced.
    Instead, look at the TOPed projects surrounding it.

As Singapore has entered a new phase of development, higher property prices are inevitable.

People need to take a view that historical Singapore is no longer the same as the future Singapore. The economic drivers have changed. So you have to have a new mindset and accept the new price levels.

Andy Xie, ex-MS Guest

Default Re: Don't Saying Overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Chu, DBS Vickers
    As Singapore has entered a new phase of development, higher property prices are inevitable.

People need to take a view that historical Singapore is no longer the same as the future Singapore. The economic drivers have changed. So you have to have a new mindset and accept the new price levels.
    Agreed! Smart property buyers have known this all along. From 3rd world to 1st. Never more true.

ad time Guest

Quote Originally Posted by revieli
    Since u said LOCATION is the key, can I ask what is your opinion about D5 condos? Location wise.
    District 5 is a growth segment to me. All along the West Coast, Pasir Panjang areas have potential for price appreciation. You have to keep the faith with the Singapore Government. Now with ample land in Tuas for shipyards, there is no reason for the shipping industries to remain located in Pasir Panjang and West Coast.

How would shipyards and container yards look next to the billion $$ Sentosa IR? Not very nice, right? Don't you think the Govt will do something about it? But of course.

Of course the relocation of shipyards is only the tip of the iceberg. We haven't even factored in the proximity to one-north, Biopolis, Rochester Park, Labrador Park, Science Park, NUS, Japanese Schools, Holland Village, and much more!

West Coast - unpolished gem with potential to outshine even the East Coast. At least the roads are not so narrow on the West Coast and the infrastructure is top notch. No conservation buildings here (except for Haw Par Villa) like there are on the East Coast, therefore redevelopment potential is much higher and so will the height restrictions.

one-north Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ad time
    District 5 is a growth segment to me. All along the West Coast, Pasir Panjang areas have potential for price appreciation. You have to keep the faith with the Singapore Government. Now with ample land in Tuas for shipyards, there is no reason for the shipping industries to remain located in Pasir Panjang and West Coast.

How would shipyards and container yards look next to the billion $$ Sentosa IR? Not very nice, right? Don't you think the Govt will do something about it? But of course.

Of course the relocation of shipyards is only the tip of the iceberg. We haven't even factored in the proximity to one-north, Biopolis, Rochester Park, Labrador Park, Science Park, NUS, Japanese Schools, Holland Village, and much more!

West Coast - unpolished gem with potential to outshine even the East Coast. At least the roads are not so narrow on the West Coast and the infrastructure is top notch. No conservation buildings here (except for Haw Par Villa) like there are on the East Coast, therefore redevelopment potential is much higher and so will the height restrictions.

That's why must buy One-North Residences or One Rochester in one-north cos' government will not let one-north fail.

TG Rhu next Guest

Thumbs up Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

There are plots of URA land between Costa rhu and sanctuary green. Heard that before this year end, URA will put it out for bidding. When that pieces of land is launched, the new benchmark prices will surprise all of the east coast.
    Meyer residences and seaview@meyer will look cheap at that point of time. Tg rhu will be the next killer of the market guaranteed.
    West coast won't even be able to come close.
    Tg rhu is the next big thing after marina, why? Because it is greater marina.
    Marina East gardens is connected to Tg rhu. Nothing can be better than that. Imagine walking from TG rhu to suntec city going past the Singapore flyer and ending up at marina sands.

YES! F1 is around Marina bay! Marina bay goes up 1 more level!

F1 here! Guest

Talking Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

F1 is on the marina route, all marina and greater marina properties will go up AGAIN!!! Marina,Shenton,Clarke quay and TG rhu. Prepare to go up again.
    Damn i wish i had more money to buy properties... Too bad, next time i will know better.

McLauren Mercedes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by F1 here!
    F1 is on the marina route, all marina and greater marina properties will go up AGAIN!!! Marina,Shenton,Clarke quay and TG rhu. Prepare to go up again.
    Damn i wish i had more money to buy properties... Too bad, next time i will know better.
    It's not too late!
    I see there is still a window of 3-9 months for additional buying.

Unregistered Guest

After the 3-9 mths window leh? Then tell us the window extended again? Hahahaha! Bullshit and crap. Too many agents here already.All this bullish theories are all from either property agents or owners that have already bought properties and want the market to be bullish. 2.5 million? bah. 2.5 million extra of prostitutes and foriegn worker more likely.

Stupid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    After the 3-9 mths window leh? Then tell us the window extended again? Hahahaha! Bullshit and crap. Too many agents here already.All this bullish theories are all from either property agents or owners that have already bought properties and want the market to be bullish. 2.5 million? bah. 2.5 million extra of prostitutes and foriegn worker more likely.

OK.
    If 9 months later, after we have bought, and the prices go higher, you go become a prostitute and get raped.
    Idiot!

Actually the F1 will be a boost to all prime area properties again. Kudos to singapore again. Hurray SG! Hurray SG! Hurray SG!

Unregistered Guest

Actually the F1 will be a boost to all prime area properties again. Kudos to singapore again. Hurray SG! Hurray SG! Hurray SG!
    HUAT AR!!

LONG LIVE LEE KUAN YEW!!

MGM Grand Guest

huh?? How is F1 a boost to properties??? Hotels and business yes!! Sorry, am I missing something? Unless you mean it serves to attract even more mega rich immigrants?? Mega rich can fly to any F1 event, do they need to live in Singapore to watch it once a year?

Not to pour cold water....just curious where you're coming from bro!

Observer. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MGM Grand
    huh?? How is F1 a boost to properties??? Hotels and business yes!! Sorry, am I missing something? Unless you mean it serves to attract even more mega rich immigrants?? Mega rich can fly to any F1 event, do they need to live in Singapore to watch it once a year?

Raise the profile of Singapore to the mega-rich so that they know there is another place on earth they can park their money.

You are right. They will only fly in once (or at most twice) a year to (maybe just see the F1 and) stay in their properties. Their properties will be left empty for the rest of the year.

F1 will raise their awareness to invest and give them a reason to fly in.

Quote Originally Posted by MGM Grand

Haha! bro! You caught me there. Hehe. Frankly speaking, with any good news or new projects coming to Singapore will be a hype to the surronding properties. If i don't say this, some Minister or Ong beng seng or Kwek LB or some property director will say it also. What the heck man, all huat together loh, so to speak!!!!!!

LB Kwek Guest

Default Singapore Confirms 2008 Night Race

"If you look at Forbes' list of the world's richest persons, many of them have their wealth backed by real estate."

- 10 May 2007

Cool Re: Singapore Confirms 2008 Night Race

Quote Originally Posted by LB Kwek
    "If you look at Forbes' list of the world's richest persons, many of them have their wealth backed by real estate."

- 10 May 2007
    Oh my God!!!!!! It is MR kwek himself!!!!!! WOW!!!!! I am blessed with your presence. BTW how many 1 shenton units have you got left? Any friendship discounts?

LB Kwek Guest

Default Keeping One Shenton Unsold Units For Later Sale At Higher Price

"I'm considering retaining a portion in some new residential developments for rental income and capital appreciation."

"Residential has a lot of potential. Let's say, I had two towers in a residential project. I could sell one, and keep the other - and maybe sell later when prices are higher, keep for rental income, or even go for an en bloc sale one day, when I will be entitled to a windfall."

"Retaining a portion of units in residential developments makes sense also because residential rentals are set to appreciate further on the back of leasing demand created by the influx of foreign talent into Singapore."

- 10 May 2007

CB Crack Guest

Default Re: Keeping One Shenton Unsold Units For Later Sale At Higher Price

Quote Originally Posted by LB Kwek
    "I'm considering retaining a portion in some new residential developments for rental income and capital appreciation."

"Residential has a lot of potential. Let's say, I had two towers in a residential project. I could sell one, and keep the other - and maybe sell later when prices are higher, keep for rental income, or even go for an en bloc sale one day, when I will be entitled to a windfall."

"Retaining a portion of units in residential developments makes sense also because residential rentals are set to appreciate further on the back of leasing demand created by the influx of foreign talent into Singapore."

- 10 May 2007
    [QUOTE=CB Crack]"I'm considering retaining a portion of some semen for my gigglo income and ladies appreciation."

Prostitution has a lot of potential. Let's say, I had two dicks in my pants. I could use one and hold the other - and maybe sell later when my prices are higher, keep for man whore income, or even go for a mass orgy one day, then i will be entitled to a windfull."

Reataining a portion of semen in my dick makes sense also because prostitution prices are set to appreciate further on Bare back and lots of demand created by the influx of foreign clients into Singapore."

Supporter Guest

Default Re: Keeping One Shenton Unsold Units For Later Sale At Higher Price

[QUOTE=CB Crack]
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Crack
    "I'm considering retaining a portion of some semen for my gigglo income and ladies appreciation."

Prostitution has a lot of potential. Let's say, I had two dicks in my pants. I could use one and hold the other - and maybe sell later when my prices are higher, keep for man whore income, or even go for a mass orgy one day, then i will be entitled to a windfull."

Reataining a portion of semen in my dick makes sense also because prostitution prices are set to appreciate further on Bare back and lots of demand created by the influx of foreign clients into Singapore."

Everyone must invest this time and increase wealth.
    Look! Even gigolo is buying.
    Must go and buy some more.
    Cheong ah!

Unregistered Guest

i was monitoring the transacted prices of the light @ cairnhill. the prices are thus far below $2000 psf. given that suites@cairnhill have been sold at 2500psf and the upcoming launches in that vicinity, will it be worthwhile taking a look at the light?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i was monitoring the transacted prices of the light @ cairnhill. the prices are thus far below $2000 psf. given that suites@cairnhill have been sold at 2500psf and the upcoming launches in that vicinity, will it be worthwhile taking a look at the light?
    Transacted prices - look at the dates.

I doubt you can find any seller or even the developer Wing Tai willing to sell it to your for anything lower than $2.5k psf.

Pls help me. Guest

Thank you guys for the advise, i have just done the purchase. Sanctuary green, pool view unit. 1300++ sqft, 3 flr for 1.05mil. I decided to buy the pool view because the city view units are too expensive plus the owners are not flexible, my offer was thrown back to me, very irritating owners. Costa rhu even worst for the good city views. I offer and give cheque, after that the owner refuse to sign. The worst part is, the owner is the one that told me they can close at that price. Hopefully it pays off in the long run. The agents there are very bullish about that area. Went to see costa ria as well, not impressive.