Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

Cool Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    What price level is the subsale market doing? What is your thought?
    My agent that i was talking with told me he had mid floor 2bedroom units going for $750-850psf. Check with your agent he will give you more info.

Curious Guest

Default Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    My agent that i was talking with told me he had mid floor 2bedroom units going for $750-850psf. Check with your agent he will give you more info.

OK. Thanks.

Pls help me. Guest

Thumbs up Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

Hello all condo owners. I need some advise and opinions. I just inherited some money and i was looking at east coast area to purchase a condo for staying and investing. I had been to a few places.

1). Melvern springs (penthouse 2+1)@$980,000 built in 1100+sft and 900+PES
    2). Spring@katong (penthouse 3+1)@$870,000 built in 1300+sft and 400+PES
    3). Cote d'azur (mid floor 2+1)@$830,000 and others. 1000+sft and 80+PES
    4). Costel del sol (mid floor 3+1)@$955,000 and others. 1300+sft and 80+PES
    5). Waterplace (low floor 2+1)@$978,000. 1000+sft, no PES
    6). Santuary green (mid floor 3+1)@$910,000. 1100+sft, 50+PES

Melvern springs, i like the cosy compounds but it is within the joo chiat area(not conducive for family to walk around). Also looks abit old and PES is too big, sad part is on top of penthouse is no view because it is too low. Spring@katong, i like the penthouse because there is split live in space for 2 floors and PES on both floors,lovely swimming pool, nice people there. Saw angmohs and indians, but it is next to an indian temple which is very noisy. Same area as melvern, but away one road from joo chiat.
    Cote d'azur is a good place to live in, nice enviornment, nice pools, nice community, next to parkway parade, bus stop next door, super convinient. But i am worry about the new freehold condos coming up surrounding it. When they TOP, i am worried about the fate of Cote d'azur. Will the other projects gun down Cote?
    Costal del sol, nice big compound, massive community, a bit HK style look, very nice view though, but a bit of the end of the ECP, i think , it is on the far side, cannot see town. Only changi airport direction. Nice sea view with not blockage if you can get high floors.
    Waterplace, i love their swimming pool and compound, very impressed with the project, developer is asking 1200psf!! shit, my agent got me some choices in secondary market about 1000psf. Also a bit ulu at Tanjong rhu. But one thing though, looking out the unit, i see the Singapore flyer very near also see golf course. Feel very good, maybe because i kena brainwashed by media too much. IR, flyer, IR, flyer. Noisy in this unit because of ECP.
    Santuary green, just next to waterplace, entrance not very immpresive after seeing waterplace. buildings like costel del sol, very HK structures. But i like the second pool facing ECP, very resort like. Saw the unit, wow, again i see the Singapore flyer and golf course, in fact better view than waterplace. Nearer even.
    Overall, all has good and bad. Pls give me some ideas which would you choose?

Unregistered Guest

Hi,

Personally I would get either Cote d'Azur or Sanctuary Green.

Why?

Cote dazur: next to Parkway Parade. Because of this amenity so close by, demand will always be high. Amberville next door yet to launch. When it does, you can be sure some of its prestige and hig prices wil rub off on Cote.

Sanctuary Green: 1) Tanjong Rhu is growth location. Prices can only go up from here. Preferred residence for most expats living in the East, the other is Meyer Rd but that is irrelevant cos freehold and twice the prices of Tanjong Rhu.

2) Likely well-educated and genteel residents. Take a drive around the parking lots. Many continental cars especially the 'yuppie' type such as BMW and Audi, non-modified. That should be a giveaway to the resident profile. Good condo management.

Not familiar with Melvern Springs and Springs@Katong so can't comment.

Water Place: Far East project. Draw your own conclusions. They found it impossible to finish selling before the property boom. Why? Expensive, big units. Really not many people wanted. Sanctuary Green was also in the same situation but at least it is much lower in price.

Costa Del Sol: generic HK style condo. Meaning it has very little frills, even less gloss. Take a walk around the estate. Facilities are of a low quality and standard. Before the boom, this project was standing in darkness for years - more than half of units were vacant. They had to BEG people to buy.

Hope my comments were helpful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pls help me.
    Hello all condo owners. I need some advise and opinions. I just inherited some money and i was looking at east coast area to purchase a condo for staying and investing. I had been to a few places.

1). Melvern springs (penthouse 2+1)@$980,000 built in 1100+sft and 900+PES
    2). Spring@katong (penthouse 3+1)@$870,000 built in 1300+sft and 400+PES
    3). Cote d'azur (mid floor 2+1)@$830,000 and others. 1000+sft and 80+PES
    4). Costel del sol (mid floor 3+1)@$955,000 and others. 1300+sft and 80+PES
    5). Waterplace (low floor 2+1)@$978,000. 1000+sft, no PES
    6). Santuary green (mid floor 3+1)@$910,000. 1100+sft, 50+PES

Melvern springs, i like the cosy compounds but it is within the joo chiat area(not conducive for family to walk around). Also looks abit old and PES is too big, sad part is on top of penthouse is no view because it is too low. Spring@katong, i like the penthouse because there is split live in space for 2 floors and PES on both floors,lovely swimming pool, nice people there. Saw angmohs and indians, but it is next to an indian temple which is very noisy. Same area as melvern, but away one road from joo chiat.
    Cote d'azur is a good place to live in, nice enviornment, nice pools, nice community, next to parkway parade, bus stop next door, super convinient. But i am worry about the new freehold condos coming up surrounding it. When they TOP, i am worried about the fate of Cote d'azur. Will the other projects gun down Cote?
    Costal del sol, nice big compound, massive community, a bit HK style look, very nice view though, but a bit of the end of the ECP, i think , it is on the far side, cannot see town. Only changi airport direction. Nice sea view with not blockage if you can get high floors.
    Waterplace, i love their swimming pool and compound, very impressed with the project, developer is asking 1200psf!! shit, my agent got me some choices in secondary market about 1000psf. Also a bit ulu at Tanjong rhu. But one thing though, looking out the unit, i see the Singapore flyer very near also see golf course. Feel very good, maybe because i kena brainwashed by media too much. IR, flyer, IR, flyer. Noisy in this unit because of ECP.
    Santuary green, just next to waterplace, entrance not very immpresive after seeing waterplace. buildings like costel del sol, very HK structures. But i like the second pool facing ECP, very resort like. Saw the unit, wow, again i see the Singapore flyer and golf course, in fact better view than waterplace. Nearer even.
    Overall, all has good and bad. Pls give me some ideas which would you choose?

Pls help me. Guest

Thumbs down Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

Thanks for your advise. In fact i have already narrowed down to santuary green. Problem right now is the seller is giving me a headache. The price they quoted was $910,000 for the 4 flr 1152 sqft unit. Now they are asking for more!!!! Shit! the bloody agent acting for them is asking me to give them a price, this is very unprofessional......

Unregistered Guest

Thanks for your advise. In fact i have already narrowed down to santuary green. Problem right now is the seller is giving me a headache. The price they quoted was $910,000 for the 4 flr 1152 sqft unit. Now they are asking for more!!!! Shit! the bloody agent acting for them is asking me to give them a price, this is very unprofessional......
    It's a shame they had to act like this.

Don't worry, with 600+ units in the development, you will definitely be able to find one that is right for you. But do act fast in this current 'seller's market'.

Seller Guest

You have got to give me a good reason why I should sell to you?

Pls help me. Guest

The issue at hand is this is the cheapest so far having city view. The rest of the units on sale are asking up to $1,200psf can you imagine that? This is getting frustrating. I was talking to another buyer at costel del sol a few days ago. He told me 3 weeks before, Guocoland still had a few units left. Cannot imagine i am just late by less than a month and have to pay so much more. Now the worst part is i am willing to pay for it and the owner backtrack the offer WTF!!!! This market is very frustrating.

Pls help me. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Seller
    You have got to give me a good reason why I should sell to you?
    What do you mean? Good reason?

Seller Guest

The issue at hand is this is the cheapest so far having city view. The rest of the units on sale are asking up to $1,200psf can you imagine that? This is getting frustrating. I was talking to another buyer at costel del sol a few days ago. He told me 3 weeks before, Guocoland still had a few units left. Cannot imagine i am just late by less than a month and have to pay so much more. Now the worst part is i am willing to pay for it and the owner backtrack the offer WTF!!!! This market is very frustrating.

I give you an opportunity to buy/offer but you did not capitalise on it. Just make me an offer that I can't resist lah. If my unit is not worth considering or is too costly, go buy from any seller. Nobody forces you to buy from me.

Seller Guest

What do you mean? Good reason?

Like if I don't sell to you, nodbody else will buy from me.

Like your offer is the best I could ever get.

Pls help me. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Seller
    I give you an opportunity to buy/offer but you did not capitalise on it. Just make me an offer that I can't resist lah. If my unit is not worth considering or is too costly, go buy from any seller. Nobody forces you to buy from me.
    Ahhh.... who are you?

Good evening friends and condo owners. I have a request from you guys. Can we try not to stray too far away from the subject at hand, which is Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?
    Thank you for your cooperation.

Pls help me. Guest

Unhappy Re: Which condominum project has the biggest gain factor in 2008?

Sorry, to barge in and ask for advise again but pls give me some tips on the prices i was quoted to see if it is reasonable. I will be very grateful and good karma will come back to you.

Santuary green. 3rdfloor, 1227sqft. 3+1bdrm asking 1.1mill
    5thfloor, 1152sqft. 3+1bdrm asking 1.15mill
    All City view units, high floors asking for 1,100-1,200psf.

Costa rhu . 10thfloor, 990sqft. 2+1bdrm asking 1.1mill
    3+1bdrm units facing city i cannot afford.

The previous deal, i'll just wait for the owner's agent to call me. I won't offer them until they give me a firm price.

Unregistered Guest

Sorry, to barge in and ask for advise again but pls give me some tips on the prices i was quoted to see if it is reasonable. I will be very grateful and good karma will come back to you.

Santuary green. 3rdfloor, 1227sqft. 3+1bdrm asking 1.1mill
    5thfloor, 1152sqft. 3+1bdrm asking 1.15mill
    All City view units, high floors asking for 1,100-1,200psf.

Costa rhu . 10thfloor, 990sqft. 2+1bdrm asking 1.1mill
    3+1bdrm units facing city i cannot afford.

The previous deal, i'll just wait for the owner's agent to call me. I won't offer them until they give me a firm price.
    Sanctuary Green obviously.

Why?

Well, the Costa Rhu has no views and is 2 bedroom and small area. Asking $1.1m.

Get the SG 3rd floor city view for $1.1m. Bigger area and honestly 2 floors apart doesn't have much difference for any view you get.

Good luck!

Pls help me. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Sanctuary Green obviously.

Why?

Well, the Costa Rhu has no views and is 2 bedroom and small area. Asking $1.1m.

Get the SG 3rd floor city view for $1.1m. Bigger area and honestly 2 floors apart doesn't have much difference for any view you get.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply. But why do you condemn costa rhu so? And also all these city view units have a noise problem because of the proximity to the ECP. Is it true that on the higher floors, the noise level is higher?

Unregistered Guest

Thanks for the reply. But why do you condemn costa rhu so? And also all these city view units have a noise problem because of the proximity to the ECP. Is it true that on the higher floors, the noise level is higher?
    Did i condemn Costa Rhu? What I meant was, from your posting, I surmise that the Costa Rhu unit you were looking at had no views. 2 bedroom, no views, small built in area, definitely overpriced at $1.1m. It is of course a different story if you could get one at Costa Rhu with views but I seriously doubt it, looking at your budget.

For $1.1m there is no question of which I'd rather get. The unit with biggest built in area, with views if available, for the least amount of money give and take $50k. And the answer, is your 3rd floor city facing 3 bedroom Sanctuary Green.

Looking at the current market, yes i would also agree. Riverine at kallang is already asking so high, Tg rhu is definately better in terms of location and potential. Especially the BIG5. The BIG5 i would consider them to be Costa Rhu, Sanctuary Green, Water Place, Pebble Bay and last but not least Parkshore. CR, SG and WP right now has the best potential because they have the City and IR view, also lets not forget the Singapore flyer coming in 2008, but judging by the speed of construction, definately will be this year end. Also i almost forgot, sea and golf course as well. CR and PB has a nice bay view with water sports and ships coming in after the barrage is completed by 2007 yr-end. How about the sports hub and bolevard MRT that is also in the works. Ps is the only freehold within the BIG5, but the views are quite blocked by the rest of the pack.
    By the way, i totally missed out mentioning the Marina Gardens.
    Marina east will be connected to the park connectors within Costa rhu compound .
    Also there is one bridge connected to Marina centre, in other words, residents there can walk to the Singapore flyer. Totally mind blowing.
    Last edited by hayata1972; 05-05-07 at 13:57.

FO Guest

This website full of investors, gamblers and property agents that think that people will get brainwashed and start buying anything. So that their commitments at stake will reap in more money for them.
    This website has a bunch of Motherfxxkin axxholes with brains filled with shXt from the toilet in istana.

Newbie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FO
    This website full of investors, gamblers and property agents that think that people will get brainwashed and start buying anything. So that their commitments at stake will reap in more money for them.
    This website has a bunch of Motherfxxkin axxholes with brains filled with shXt from the toilet in istana.

Goodness! How can we allow people like FO to post vulgarities instead of opinions here?

FO, pls find out your problems and solve them, coming here to vent out your frustration is not the solution.

Going up and up and up Guest

What is happening to the market? Prices are increasing by the week! How can there be any good buy by the end of this year? So much hype and hype by minister so and so, property agent so and so, developer so and so, bank so and so. Wa lau eh, even if we sell our properties at high price, how to find a replacement? I think really must downgrade to hdb.. This thread is getting to be pointless alreasy. There is no condo with good gain by 2008 needless to say 2010.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Going up and up and up
    What is happening to the market? Prices are increasing by the week! How can there be any good buy by the end of this year? So much hype and hype by minister so and so, property agent so and so, developer so and so, bank so and so. Wa lau eh, even if we sell our properties at high price, how to find a replacement? I think really must downgrade to hdb.. This thread is getting to be pointless alreasy. There is no condo with good gain by 2008 needless to say 2010.
    What replacement?
    When you sold off your 30 plus year condo at Orchard road for 2.5 million, you are crying to can't get a replacment unit at similar location? Are they talking about new condo?
    You should just pocket the 2 million cash and spend the 500K for a beautifully done up HDB flat right? I thought that was the idea, the ultimate singapore dream for the masses? Why are these peoples crying now?

finally! some sense Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    What replacement?
    When you sold off your 30 plus year condo at Orchard road for 2.5 million, you are crying to can't get a replacment unit at similar location? Are they talking about new condo?
    You should just pocket the 2 million cash and spend the 500K for a beautifully done up HDB flat right? I thought that was the idea, the ultimate singapore dream for the masses? Why are these peoples crying now?
    You hit it right on the head.

These people are crying not because they cannot get a replacement in the same area, but because they cannot get a bigger, brand new condo. In other words: GREEDY!

If you look around all the en bloc'ed condos, there are equivalent units around the same area that are 5-10 years old and are available, perhaps only slightly smaller, but definitely livable.

You just name me any en bloc'ed condo, and I can give you examples of available units (about 5-10 years old) around the same area that cost the same. Some are even cheaper. Come I challenge you!

SAD TRUTH Guest

Singaporeans are brained wash by the media, this year can go up by 20%, next year by 30%. All these are ambiguous statements thru our Media by our polictitions and institutions that gain from it. They are just interested in making the broad public go into a buying frenzy and pick up all the overpriced launches. Because when the broad market picks up, guess you gain the most? We are just individuals. They are Gov, developers, institutions, banks and property transaction companies.

Gov gains by releasing land at extremly high prices that were either aquired cheap or even free.
    Developers gains by selling new launches at ridiculous prices, plus raise the prices of TOPed projects that still have unsold units.
    Instituions gains by buying up prime properties here and justify the purchaces by issuing shares(IPO) or diluting the share value by issuing more. Buy up more and more to push prices up as to wait for the right time for release. The best part is the money they use for these purchases are not even their money, haha, it is the public money again. Property Reits involved.
    Banks needless to say. Property market boom = Super business for banks.
    Raise interest rate, push out more bank loans....
    Property companies will get their cut/commision on every sale. The more the transactions, the more the profit.
    These are the people that say the market is booming. sounds like they have alot in stake to be un-bias when reporting news don't you think so?

SAD TRUTH

Malaysian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SAD TRUTH
    Singaporeans are brained wash by the media, this year can go up by 20%, next year by 30%. All these are ambiguous statements thru our Media by our polictitions and institutions that gain from it. They are just interested in making the broad public go into a buying frenzy and pick up all the overpriced launches. Because when the broad market picks up, guess you gain the most? We are just individuals. They are Gov, developers, institutions, banks and property transaction companies.

Gov gains by releasing land at extremly high prices that were either aquired cheap or even free.
    Developers gains by selling new launches at ridiculous prices, plus raise the prices of TOPed projects that still have unsold units.
    Instituions gains by buying up prime properties here and justify the purchaces by issuing shares(IPO) or diluting the share value by issuing more. Buy up more and more to push prices up as to wait for the right time for release. The best part is the money they use for these purchases are not even their money, haha, it is the public money again. Property Reits involved.
    Banks needless to say. Property market boom = Super business for banks.
    Raise interest rate, push out more bank loans....
    Property companies will get their cut/commision on every sale. The more the transactions, the more the profit.
    These are the people that say the market is booming. sounds like they have alot in stake to be un-bias when reporting news don't you think so?

SAD TRUTH

SAD TRUTH, you are right. Singapore property boom is fake one.
    Malaysia one is the real one.

Come buy JB or KL properties. Do you need any recommendations?

If you find Malaysia too close to Singapore, how about HoChiMinh, Manila, Bangalore or Shenyang?

Too low-end for you? How about Hong Kong, Shanghai, London and Miami?

Singapore may be fake one but all these are real one. Don't miss it. Otherwise, not only will you be SAD, you will be SICK! Hurry!

What has happened is that our Gap in SG is getting bigger and bigger everyday, thus red eyes are everywhere. Filty rich are getting even more filty, Rich are getting richer. I can't really blame some people from venting their frustration here. It is just the way of life not only in SG, but the whole world. It is best that everyone is rich, but life does not work this way. Even the communist system which is suppose to be perfect does not work. Life is unfair, so wake up and stop dreaming. Find money, because money does not find you. There will be endless hype and propaganda, just get used to it. In fact this hype and buzz was already in the works since 2004. It took 2 yrs plus to bring us up to this stage, we should be happy and rejoice, i am sure the spillover will come to all very soon. As it is, sub-prime is going up. Hdb will have its turn very soon. Patience is golden.

ryan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    What has happened is that our Gap in SG is getting bigger and bigger everyday, thus red eyes are everywhere. Filty rich are getting even more filty, Rich are getting richer. I can't really blame some people from venting their frustration here. It is just the way of life not only in SG, but the whole world. It is best that everyone is rich, but life does not work this way. Even the communist system which is suppose to be perfect does not work. Life is unfair, so wake up and stop dreaming. Find money, because money does not find you. There will be endless hype and propaganda, just get used to it. In fact this hype and buzz was already in the works since 2004. It took 2 yrs plus to bring us up to this stage, we should be happy and rejoice, i am sure the spillover will come to all very soon. As it is, sub-prime is going up. Hdb will have its turn very soon. Patience is golden.
    I agree with you. Everyone will have their chance. Best advice for those not vested is not to be green-eyed. Sometimes it is hard to take when people see their neighbours making lots of money from their property portfolio, I know, but I believe the trickle down effect will soon start.

Always remember, what is good for the country will be good for you too! So we should all be happy for our economy.

Condo will die Guest

Based on the prices of condos, which all you idiots are overpricing, there will be no upside anymore. In fact Hdb units are the ones with true potential now!
    Condos just dump, Hdb buy! buy! buy!!

Buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Condo will die
    Based on the prices of condos, which all you idiots are overpricing, there will be no upside anymore. In fact Hdb units are the ones with true potential now!
    Condos just dump, Hdb buy! buy! buy!!

HDB? How to buy?
    Got income ceiling you know? Got 3-years rule you know?

Did you do your homework before making this recommendation?