Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833384348 ... LastLast

Thread: A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group

Quote Originally Posted by ocoloco79
    Is it wise to sell my 2 bedder MM freehold penthouse in Kovan in exchange for a bigger penthouse in this project? Price should be about same in quantum if I sell, I guess... Need advise, thanks!

Floorplan of the MM penthouse as attached.
    Primo Residences huh? Depends on whether own stay or rental. Own stay, how many family members etc..

This is a nice place amongst the landed property. Are you the teacher?
    Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Primo Residences huh? Depends on whether own stay or rental. Own stay, how many family members etc..

Quote Originally Posted by victorchoo
    i suppose you bought your kovan penthouse before the cooling measure? that means u only fork out 20% cash/cpf?

This time round, you will need to fork out 40% cash/cpf.

Quantum might be the same. but the cash out front might not be...
    Bought it last year march, 20% dp, not yet TOP. Sold my HDB, now staying with in laws. If I buy this first before I sell, I need to fork out 40%, which I have after selling my HDB. But it will be a buy ATT and sell Kovan MM PH lor, if the other way round I may miss the ATT boat. Risky tho, if I can't sell after buying ATT, I will be stucked with 2 PH .

Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    Sounds like a downgrade to me. Maybe not a good move ...
    Downgrade?? From a 9XXsf PH unit to a 15xx PH unit and closer to MRT??

Wah, u still remember me Own stay of course just the 2 of us, investment not yet crossed my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This is a nice place amongst the landed property. Are you the teacher?
    U still remember me

Do you mean you prefer a PH on a higher floor?
    Bought it last year march, 20% dp, not yet TOP. Sold my HDB, now staying with in laws. If I buy this first before I sell, I need to fork out 40%, which I have after selling my HDB. But it will be a buy ATT and sell Kovan MM PH lor, if the other way round I may miss the ATT boat. Risky tho, if I can't sell after buying ATT, I will be stucked with 2 PH .

Do you mean you prefer a PH on a higher floor?
    In a way yes, but I dun mind PH on a lower floor as long as it is the TOP floor cos I can't stand noisy neighbours upstairs... JUst feel that ATT is very attractive option to consider esp for the PH...

In a way yes, but I dun mind PH on a lower floor as long as it is the TOP floor cos I can't stand noisy neighbours upstairs... JUst feel that ATT is very attractive option to consider esp for the PH...
    but PH are very hot and runs up your electric bills.

Downgrade?? From a 9XXsf PH unit to a 15xx PH unit and closer to MRT??
    Not if you put it that way. I guess you already have a preference. Just follow your heart.

Better sell first then buy coz u don't want to be stucked with 2 hot potatoes, right? more launches coming as long as got vitamin M won't miss the boat wan! Punggol still got Watertown leh!

But you will get noisy neighbourhood in ATT and pool. Imagine 800 over households.

Quote Originally Posted by victorchoo
    but age is not...

and she needs to get a home that is near to any NEL station. and must be cheap.
    Then doesn't matter if the good units are gone if her criteria is near NEL and cheap? Just get ATT then.

But you will get noisy neighbourhood in ATT and pool. Imagine 800 over households.
    hmmmm... food for thought.. Pricing is just way too attractive for a PH.. My take is if we haven bought Primo, I will choose this. But my hubby said he still prefer freehold..

The $psf at Primo would have gone up since you bought it. It is about averaging at $1110 psf.
    hmmmm... food for thought.. Pricing is just way too attractive for a PH.. My take is if we haven bought Primo, I will choose this. But my hubby said he still prefer freehold..

The $psf at Primo would have gone up since you bought it. It is about averaging at $1110 psf.
    Yep, that is Y I said if I sell primo now at a profit, can one to one exchange for ATT PH cos ATT PH quantum is 1mil plus. Quantum is def higher than what I have paid for Primo last year... Plus point is Bigger and higher floor and about 300m nearer to MRT. Minus point is the crowd plus LH..

Is this allowed?
    This shld not be encouraged..it's a big security issue and everyone loses in the end. In some condos, the mgt office checks the owner's log to ensure the car owner stays in the estate before issuing car park disc.
    Mindset must change to think of the collective good and fairness to the residents staying in the estate.

If you don't have a car, then you don't need a carpark space. If the mentality is such that you are entitled to it and die die must use it even for a friend or relative what abt people who dont use the pool? Shldnt they allow carte blanche access to the pool for their friends? For that matter, what abt the gym? tennis court?

It can easily lead to abuse. If I can give the carpark space to a friend, who's to stop others from renting it out to a complete stranger with the highest bid? You can't tell a friend from a stranger renting space.

Everyone must play their part to think of the collective good else everybody loses. Just some food for thought.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Yep, that is Y I said if I sell primo now at a profit, can one to one exchange for ATT PH cos ATT PH quantum is 1mil plus. Quantum is def higher than what I have paid for Primo last year... Plus point is Bigger and higher floor and about 300m nearer to MRT. Minus point is the crowd plus LH..
    i will stick to primo for the serenity.

but that's just me though....

You will have to weigh your pros and cons carefully before making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    Better sell first then buy coz u don't want to be stucked with 2 hot potatoes, right? more launches coming as long as got vitamin M won't miss the boat wan! Punggol still got Watertown leh!
    Yeah.. risky to hold two properties during this economic uncertainty. You sure quantum the same? Your Primo bought for probably just less than $1M. ATT penthouse easily $1.3M right? May have to take bigger loan?

Is it wise to sell my 2 bedder MM freehold penthouse in Kovan in exchange for a bigger penthouse in this project? Price should be about same in quantum if I sell, I guess... Need advise, thanks!

Floorplan of the MM penthouse as attached.
    Isit for self stay?

Ur layout not bad except tat the 2nd bedrm a little too small for ur kid lor

And ur project gona TOP soon rite but att nid at least 3yrs from now to TOP

Wats ur motivation of changing? Need a 3bdr instead? Mabe can try to sell and let go if u r able to get a gd offer lor

Yeah.. risky to hold two properties during this economic uncertainty. You sure quantum the same? Your Primo bought for probably just less than $1M. ATT penthouse easily $1.3M right? May have to take bigger loan?
    I saw from propertyguru ads its as low as $10XX... If 13XX then forget it haha.. I kinda not so sure also.. When I decided to do this, I suddenly dun bear to let go of Primo liao haha... Plus I see some comments here makes me think again also. Was discussing with hubby abt this plan since sat. In general, he quite against it la..

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Isit for self stay?

Ur layout not bad except tat the 2nd bedrm a little too small for ur kid lor

And ur project gona TOP soon rite but att nid at least 3yrs from now to TOP

Wats ur motivation of changing? Need a 3bdr instead? Mabe can try to sell and let go if u r able to get a gd offer lor
    No kids and dun intend to have any.. That room was meant as a study room for us. motivation is price and size plus closeness to MRT hee hee...It is also a matter of IS IT WORTH IT? If not worth it then I won't...

No kids and dun intend to have any.. That room was meant as a study room for us. motivation is price and size plus closeness to MRT hee hee...It is also a matter of IS IT WORTH IT? If not worth it then I won't...
    I dun like the att ph...have u been to showflat? Its complete roof terrace on the upper flr leh

Stick to ur primo la....nxt to small park and landed area.....more atas den surrounded by hdb rite! Hehe....not unless both of u dun drive and seriously need mrt so badly

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I dun like the att ph...have u been to showflat? Its complete roof terrace on the upper flr leh

Stick to ur primo la....nxt to small park and landed area.....more atas den surrounded by hdb rite! Hehe....not unless both of u dun drive and seriously need mrt so badly
    My hubby would love your comments haha. I was thinking maybe can convince him with experts view, but seems like most of you are more on his side tho...

Saw the floor plan, not yet been to showflat. Just thinking if our PH is 15XXsf sounds better, PH less than 1ksf sounds pathetic, but agree that the layout is good for the size cos I saw bigger PH unit at higher sf but with lousy layout that makes it looks smaller.

i have not looked into your details of price differences, how much to top up, etc. but the simple advice is dun do this swap. 1 month back, was tempted to do a swap for myself too, until went through the figures properly with a friend - there are a lot of admin costs involved - new stamp duties (actually 2 stamp duties in all), selling agent's commission, bank loan cancellation fees (clawback for lawyer, survey, etc), etc. on top of that, the market appears to be sliding downwards, with potential potholes appearing. fh for lh is not a reason for a swap, esp when you may not really need / use all that space.

once you see the figures involved, that will make you change your mind, even if your primo price has gone higher. of course we all wish for that `what if i can have a bigger place' with our heart, esp with a swap that has appreciated - cannot fault this (note the costs), and pay for it then. the scenario is different if you want to invest in another property - 2 altogether; but then you will have many other options and entry points.

Yah, not really worth it to do the swap. Kovan area is still a better overall location than punggol.

I regretted swapping my 8@W studio with a 1 bedroom unit in wfi. Kena 4yr ssd, 60% loan and much later top.

I quite like primo & its surrounding. My friend is staying in one off those houses.
    My hubby would love your comments haha. I was thinking maybe can convince him with experts view, but seems like most of you are more on his side tho...

Saw the floor plan, not yet been to showflat. Just thinking if our PH is 15XXsf sounds better, PH less than 1ksf sounds pathetic, but agree that the layout is good for the size cos I saw bigger PH unit at higher sf but with lousy layout that makes it looks smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yah, not really worth it to do the swap. Kovan area is still a better overall location than punggol.

I regretted swapping my 8@W studio with a 1 bedroom unit in wfi. Kena 4yr ssd, 60% loan and much later top.
    FH is better. Primo may not be as convenient but still walkable to MRT.