Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182328333843 ... LastLast

Thread: A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong
    wise choice
    I also give it a miss. I also believe market will get worst, like 2009. If more people commit now, when there is correction, there will be less competitor.
    U may be right bro. While I bought a unit at ATT, I am not totally convinced the price will go up. Its a chance I took vs leaving the money in 0.5% fixed d. SL may have just crashed the market. I wonder how frasers/feo can launch their $1b land project next door...

why haven't you thought of buying a relatively new condo already beside a mall n mrt now, rent out till 2015, wouldnt your profit still be the same? If you are thinking of capital appreciation, when ATT appreciates in value upon TOP, the entire singapore's mass market condo will appreciate in tandem so it really makes no difference from an investment point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    U may be right bro. While I bought a unit at ATT, I am not totally convinced the price will go up. Its a chance I took vs leaving the money in 0.5% fixed d. SL may have just crashed the market. I wonder how frasers/feo can launch their $1b land project next door...

It will be quite expensive for one to buy a condo next to a mall with mrt station now.

SL has probably studied the market and strategize with a reasonable price project to attract the nearby HDB upgraders. IMO, this project is considered a better option for them good to move into 4 years later as there is no large mall in really close proximity to mrt station in this area. However, not sure about people who are not in this category.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    why haven't you thought of buying a relatively new condo already beside a mall n mrt now, rent out till 2015, wouldnt your profit still be the same? If you are thinking of capital appreciation, when ATT appreciates in value upon TOP, the entire singapore's mass market condo will appreciate in tandem so it really makes no difference from an investment point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It will be quite expensive for one to buy a condo next to a mall with mrt station now.

SL has probably studied the market and strategize with a reasonable price project to attract the nearby HDB upgraders. IMO, this project is considered a better option for them good to move into 4 years later as there is no large mall in really close proximity to mrt station in this area. However, not sure about people who are not in this category.
    Thought about it. I went thru propertyguru to search for a 2BR under $800k in the whole S'pore. it yielded only one result (not including Geylang) - one unit at Maysprings Bt Panjang and its asking $799k

There are still resale potential when this project TOP 3 to 4 yrs later as Punggol estate matures and more families are free of their MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Who says? From $700+psf in 2009 to more than $1k psf now for a 8 year old condo not good enuf meh?
    thats a move in tandem with market..

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    thats a move in tandem with market..
    to hit 1kpsf for sunglade oredi vy good....without megamall and mrt is impossible to achieve tat. beacon heights area much nearer to town r doing about the same px and they r 99lh or FH and mrt and mall r missing

It is alright as long as have holding power. People who are Cash rich have really got to do something with the $.
    Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Thought about it. I went thru propertyguru to search for a 2BR under $800k in the whole S'pore. it yielded only one result (not including Geylang) - one unit at Maysprings Bt Panjang and its asking $799k

seriously this project not bad la except the fact tat there is no privacy lor

at least they r cheaper den luxurie/my manhattan etc rite? hehe

resale EC like park green wif no mall and no mrt r doing about 700-750psf.....so for this one if u pay 100-150psf more ok wat considering got mrt/mall/brandnew

resale near mrt so ex now leh.....

let say compare between resale compass hts and att, both similar psf but compass hts higher quantum ....i will choose att lor

Problem is - no primary school within 1 km, not to mention good ones. Young families are likely to take that into consideration.

Seriously, SL is clearing stocks, they could have sold higher if not because of shitty market condition. Imagine CAPL has crashed from $4+ to $2+ ... 3rd wave of Dow hitting 10k is coming ...

US 10y Treasury yield - 1.915% (this could only mean very high chance of recession)
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 12-09-11 at 10:29.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    seriously this project not bad la except the fact tat there is no privacy lor

at least they r cheaper den luxurie/my manhattan etc rite? hehe

resale EC like park green wif no mall and no mrt r doing about 700-750psf.....so for this one if u pay 100-150psf more ok wat considering got mrt/mall/brandnew

resale near mrt so ex now leh.....

let say compare between resale compass hts and att, both similar psf but compass hts higher quantum ....i will choose att lor
    of course choose ATT cos compass heights already around 15 years into its 99-year lease right? Not a very good comparison cos this comparison will be more about lease.. But there's no other closer comparison though.. maybe quartz? but quartz dun have mall, only ntuc/coffeeshop..

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Seriously, SL is clearing stocks, they could have sold higher if not because of shitty market condition. Imagine CAPL has crashed from $4+ to $2+ ... 3rd wave of Dow hitting 10k is coming ...

US 10y Treasury yield - 1.915% (this could only mean very high chance of recession)
    SL's Tampines DBSS already tiao du, have to clear stocks lah....

good price relative to current mkt, may not be so 2 yrs from now....

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    of course choose ATT cos compass heights already around 15 years into its 99-year lease right? Not a very good comparison cos this comparison will be more about lease.. But there's no other closer comparison though.. maybe quartz? but quartz dun have mall, only ntuc/coffeeshop..
    Quartz only near Buangkok MRT that's all. No big deal but thanks to MRT effect (even if it's a MRT far-placed along a secondary MRR line) it still manages to achieve a ridiculously high psf...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Quartz only near Buangkok MRT that's all. No big deal but thanks to MRT effect (even if it's a MRT far-placed along a secondary MRR line) it still manages to achieve a ridiculously high psf...
    It has a 24hour HDB and kopitiam it I remember correctly.

Cannot compete with large malls with everything under one roof. Quartz owners may have bought ATT too. Time to relocate for the better 4 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    It has a 24hour HDB and kopitiam it I remember correctly.

and quartz oredi hit 1kpsf!

Provided the mall in punggol is ready by then.

What is the latest sales figure? A record for 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    SL's Tampines DBSS already tiao du, have to clear stocks lah....

good price relative to current mkt, may not be so 2 yrs from now....
    I am quite sure recession is coming but I don't think much correction will come to prop market in Singapore. As a matter of fact, HDB still in short supply, what they are doing is to drive all Singaporeans to ECs/BTOs and left the resale market to SPRs ... the number of pent-up SPRs alone can sustain the HDB market for next 5y at least so recession time means low COV but price will be flat similar to 2009.

For private market, it is more uncertain as there are many market segments, but I have this nagging feeling that CAPL will not be able to sell @ 1.5kpsf at Bishan no matter how "fantastic" is the architecture unless they really shock the market with 608sf 2br. As shown by ATT, selling below 1kpsf low quantum near MRT is the key to success even when stock market is crashing ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

should have easily cleared 400 rite? not sure if has surpassed 500 or if sim lian had launched more than 500 by yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    What is the latest sales figure? A record for 2011?

How to sell low at such high bid price? They really need a lot of naive buyers? Like what happen when FEO took residents of Bishan 8 for that long ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I am quite sure recession is coming but I don't think much correction will come to prop market in Singapore. As a matter of fact, HDB still in short supply, what they are doing is to drive all Singaporeans to ECs/BTOs and left the resale market to SPRs ... the number of pent-up SPRs alone can sustain the HDB market for next 5y at least so recession time means low COV but price will be flat similar to 2009.

For private market, it is more uncertain as there are many market segments, but I have this nagging feeling that CAPL will not be able to sell @ 1.5kpsf at Bishan no matter how "fantastic" is the architecture unless they really shock the market with 608sf 2br. As shown by ATT, selling below 1kpsf low quantum near MRT is the key to success even when stock market is crashing ...

Default i wonder who paid 2.8m for the biggest penthouse

more from the BT article last sat:

"Penthouse seekers with smaller budgets may consider Sim Lian's 99-year leasehold private condo A Treasure Trove near Punggol MRT Station. The 882-unit project has 42 penthouses ranging from 1,528 sq ft (with two bedrooms) to 4,876 sq ft (seven bedrooms). The penthouses prices are said to range from nearly $1 million to around $2.8 million.
    The project's preview began on Thursday and as at 5.30 pm yesterday, 24 penthouses had been released of which 11 have been sold, including the largest unit, which has seven bedrooms on the 16th floor and an open terrace above it."

Anyone can upload floor plan of the 1528sq ft penthouse here?
    Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

"Penthouse seekers with smaller budgets may consider Sim Lian's 99-year leasehold private condo A Treasure Trove near Punggol MRT Station. The 882-unit project has 42 penthouses ranging from 1,528 sq ft (with two bedrooms) to 4,876 sq ft (seven bedrooms). The penthouses prices are said to range from nearly $1 million to around $2.8 million.
    The project's preview began on Thursday and as at 5.30 pm yesterday, 24 penthouses had been released of which 11 have been sold, including the largest unit, which has seven bedrooms on the 16th floor and an open terrace above it."

U seems interested but so scare to go down

Just go down and get the brochure lor

I am saving it for another development. Just curious on the layout of this penthouse. Bustling showflat environment can overcome one's mind.It will be buying out of emotion.

Suppose you have gone down. How is the this layout of this penthouse? Which floor and facing? Care to share?
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    U seems interested but so scare to go down

Just go down and get the brochure lor

The layout is the same as the normal 2 bedroom except for a wider living/dinner area for the stairs to the roof terrace and a small store room under the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

2.8M for 7 bedder at 4876 sq ft is cheap!

only 574 psf

2.8M for 7 bedder at 4876 sq ft is cheap!

only 574 psf
    The whole of the 2nd level is the roof terrace which is a waste of space to me and should not be factored in when counting the psf.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    The whole of the 2nd level is the roof terrace which is a waste of space to me and should not be factored in when counting the psf.

you will still need to factor it in - after all, it is your space. Else planters, bay windows, even aircon ledges no need to be factored in since i consider them waste of space too

Typically we use 1/2 psf when calculating the roof terrace (or any other PES)