Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group

HDB dwellers have plenty of Vit M looking at this project and carpark problem in HDB estates as they have more than one car. Some Punggol and Sengkang HDB dwellers may just rent out their flats and move into ATT when TOP 4 years later which is nearer to the mrt stn and shopping malls. Hopefully, rental can pay for the mortgage. Chance of losing is minimal for this group of people. Some could be young couples who can stay near their parents. Final deduction, rental market here in future will be very competitive. Prices does not move much with too many own-stay households. Finally, manage to convince my spouse not to go for this one this morning after seeing all this. Looking forward with another project in the east that is next to mrt stn.
    Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    according to BT, "In all, 350 units in the project had been sold as at 5.30 pm yesterday. Singaporeans accounted for 94 per cent of buyers. Some 80 per cent of buyers have HDB addresses, mostly in the surrounding Punggol and Sengkang vicinity. Sim Lian estimates that 40 per cent of buyers are investors and the other 60 per cent, owner occupiers.
    Sim Lian released another 200 units yesterday, taking total units released to 500 units. The average price remains unchanged at $866 psf."

400 looks likely today. maybe they'll release more tomorrow rather than wait for next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    HDB dwellers have plenty of Vit M looking at this project and carpark problem in HDB estates as they have more than one car. Some Punggol and Sengkang HDB dwellers may just rent out their flats and move into ATT when TOP 4 years later which is nearer to the mrt stn and shopping malls. Hopefully, rental can pay for the mortgage. Chance of losing is minimal for this group of people. Some could be young couples who can stay near their parents. Final deduction, rental market here in future will be very competitive. Prices does not move much with too many own-stay households. Finally, manage to convince my spouse not to go for this one this morning after seeing all this. Looking forward with another project in the east that is next to mrt stn.
    resistance is futile...buy buy buy!

Looking for the first Investment in the eastern part of the OCR.
    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    resistance is futile...buy buy buy!

By yesterday afternoon, 9 out of 14 blocks were released. All 2 br units were sold, except for ground floor units with PES. Other types were doing well too. At about 4pm, stack 42 (2 br) was released and you could see a frenzy and rush to queue.

The ambience reminded of the kind of craziness in 2007.

Surely star performance of Sept sales! Lelong! Lelong! Singapore Sale!
    Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    By yesterday afternoon, 9 out of 14 blocks were released. All 2 br units were sold, except for ground floor units with PES. Other types were doing well too. At about 4pm, stack 42 (2 br) was released and you could see a frenzy and rush to queue.

Quote Originally Posted by masterkey

Why why why why why? I really do not understand the sentiment now. Confusing!
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    for those waiting for firesales.... wait long long....

Strategy,

1. buy elsewhere now......
    2. rent from the current buyers of ATT, coz so many competing for rentals
    3. rent until the ATT owner pek chek with returns, then buy from current owners.

I was told on the preview night the cars spilled over to the main road outside. Did prive have as good a response...?

If most hdb upgraders. Really good luck lock-in the buy price now and lock-in sell price 4 years later. lol. Or am I mistaken HDB upgraders means not only own HDB but can downpay a second property and hold at the same time. If the latter. Then average Singaporeans are disgustingly rich. Or is it a mirage?
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Neither do I. It just means most people have 1 HDB. They just buy a second one to live in or rent out for fun with low interest while holding the HDB. Since it is common belief one should never sell HDB. They see advertisement like euhabitat and cultivate the should buy factor?
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Rent out at 1.5k lor...y not?
    600k buy MM skysuites can get higher yield. Really stupid if want to buy for investment go prime.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    600k buy MM skysuites can get higher yield. Really stupid if want to buy for investment go prime.
    2 bed worst case is they move in themselves mah. Those mm they can't live in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    2 bed worst case is they move in themselves mah. Those mm they can't live in themselves.
    wah if there is a certainty that if need to move in themselves. why buy in the first place.
    Affordable means small

wah if there is a certainty that if need to move in themselves. why buy in the first place.
    Starts off being an investment idea but with a feasible plan B ad back up. With MMs, unless you're a bachelor or bachelorette, there's only a plan A and no plan B.

Based on the carparking problems (owning more than 1 cars) and the sales from ATT, my questions to KBW are:

a. Should HDB with private properties be given more of Special Package, conservancy rebate, etc? Should they be treated like private home owners.

b. Should MOP be revert to 10 years?

Based on the carparking problems (owning more than 1 cars) and the sales from ATT, my questions to KBW are:

a. Should HDB with private properties be given more of Special Package, conservancy rebate, etc? Should they be treated like private home owners.

b. Should MOP be revert to 10 years?
    MOP 10 years a bit too long lah. 7-8 years should be ok.

MOP 10 years a bit too long lah. 7-8 years should be ok.
    IRAS should already have the system that. links private to public properties. To implement first measure should be possible. SSD already 4yrs. Has got to more than twice of that to be effective.

IRAS should already have the system that. links private to public properties. To implement first measure should be possible. SSD already 4yrs. Has got to more than twice of that to be effective.
    Still here? Never go showflat? After that can go evening walk at punggol beach and marina and have dinner there.

Still here? Never go showflat? After that can go evening walk at punggol beach and marina and have dinner there.
    Decided to gve it a miss after looking at the high % of own-stay buyers & they r from nearby ponggol & sengkang.

Decided to gve it a miss after looking at the high % of own-stay buyers & they r from nearby ponggol & sengkang.
    may i know why is this a concern? doesn't high percent of own-stay buyers means less competition for rental?

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    may i know why is this a concern? doesn't high percent of own-stay buyers means less competition for rental?
    this group of people will rental out their hdb flats & affect rental in ATT. Furthermore, price at ATT will not move up some quickly with not many people selling. Just happened to one leicester as an example since TOP.

Starts off being an investment idea but with a feasible plan B ad back up. With MMs, unless you're a bachelor or bachelorette, there's only a plan A and no plan B.
    Yah 80% chance will definitely move into the 2 bedder and rent their hdb instead. Wasn a good plan in the first place.
    Affordable means small

The ATT fever is still hot...haa haa.
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/This+c...belongs+to.../

Another problem is that residents at ATT may be sharing their pool and amenities with nearby flat residents. Security has to be do a good job. It has happened in some ECs and condos in the middle of hdb estates.
    Yah 80% chance will definitely move into the 2 bedder and rent their hdb instead. Wasn a good plan in the first place.

The ATT fever is still hot...haa haa.
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/This+c...belongs+to.../

didnt buy, feel like losing out leh

Wait for another one that is even closer to mrt and in the east. But must have Vit M of at least $1200-1400psf for MM units of about 450sqft.
    Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    didnt buy, feel like losing out leh

Cool

Yielded to temptation and got a 2br. Agent damn on help me q for stack released today. Showflat was super packed!!!

I will do like you too if I were there today. The environment must be highly charged up with cheques flying around. All stacks released? How many % sold out?
    Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Yielded to temptation and got a 2br. Agent damn on help me q for stack released today. Showflat was super packed!!!
    Last edited by DC33_2008; 11-09-11 at 19:20.

All stacks released? How many % sold out?
    Think 2br released units all gone in a flash. 3br also very hot. 2 and 3 + study still got a few i think. Did not like the cramped layout but less than 1k psf next to mrt and mall rent out shd be easy