Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our properties prices are dropping!

Default Our properties prices are dropping!

Against gold price in US$ So properties in Singapore are getting cheaper relatively. With almost 0% interest, it's time to load more properties

Gold price has surged from US$1600+ to US$1820+ in about a month.
    http://goldprice.org/.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Against gold price in US$ So properties in Singapore are getting cheaper relatively. With almost 0% interest, it's time to load more properties

Why do u say properties are getting relatively cheaper?
    Unless you have bought lots of gold at its low?
    So the properties are relatively cheaper to u not to everyone.

Wah wah...misleading title. Gold up, means everything DROPING.? My view is gold might still be a better bet compare to equity, however ppty will still be better than gold in long term. In any case ppl needs roof more than gold.

Quote Originally Posted by joelx
    Wah wah...misleading title. Gold up, means everything DROPING.? My view is gold might still be a better bet compare to equity, however ppty will still be better than gold in long term. In any case ppl needs roof more than gold.
    Haha. Gold has reached new peak last night. More liquidity flowing into Singapore. MAS today announced tt they will not interfere interest rate. Naturally e money will flow into property. Likely more pp will buy property n hold. We r going to have quantity bubble.

Forum will be very quiet today...

Haha. Gold has reached new peak last night. More liquidity flowing into Singapore. MAS today announced tt they will not interfere interest rate. Naturally e money will flow into property. Likely more pp will buy property n hold. We r going to have quantity bubble.
    I would like to think the bubble as a helium balloon, flying up and up to the sky. The sky is the limit, however where is the limit?
    It is very interesting to see which direction we are heading.
    Hopefully when we read this forum many years later, we will be smiling as we recount how we reacted to the stiuation, whatever it may be.

margin will be increased for gold very soon...the same happened to silver when it was approaching US$50

Forum will be very busy today

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shearer
    Forum will be very busy today

yes, made busy by people who shorted the market, like me.

I made at least $5k. in just a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

surprised by the amount u made....shd be 500k rite?

Impressive.

Are you going to retire?

Impressive.

Are you going to retire?
    retire wif 5k?

He retired liao... coz a few months ago he made a killing...
    from one trade he made more money then us forummers in a lifetime, so now he can trcae small just to pass time...

We morons better dont question him...

Impressive.

Are you going to retire?
    no, not going to retire. How can I retire if I am having such fun watching you guys up to your eyebrows with prime properties getting slaughtered by the coming correction.

haha, so much fun. where is teddy when you need someone to laugh at.

correction in prime properties will affect your carabelle as well, have you thought of that?

no, not going to retire. How can I retire if I am having such fun watching you guys up to your eyebrows with prime properties getting slaughtered by the coming correction.

haha, so much fun. where is teddy when you need someone to laugh at.

2-mths ago, my brother-in-law put up his EC for sale.. bank value $860k.. less buyer offer but highest offer was $830k.. can't closed at $840k.. so no deal.

Since the plunge of interest rate beginning of this month.. suddenly more buyers came for viewing.. this time highest offer at $840k.. also found out that bank valued also went up.. so deal was closed very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    correction in prime properties will affect your carabelle as well, have you thought of that?
    I don't worry about it because we have more in cash than in properties. We will buy more properties if and when the market corrects 30% or more.

I don't worry about it because we have more in cash than in properties. We will buy more properties if and when the market corrects 30% or more.
    hope u dont keep ur cash in us$... ha ha ha ah ha h

How do you know those who own prime properties don't have a lot of cash leh?

you guys don't doubt him la... he's made 5k in the only a few days.... got so much cash... he's going to single handedly support the price level in carabelle...

when every property in CCR drop 30% carabelle will see further rise in prices... potentially $3000psf.... I'm going to call my agent now... sell all my CCR units and go buy carabelle...

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    you guys don't doubt him la... he's made 5k in the only a few days.... got so much cash... he's going to single handedly support the price level in carabelle...

when every property in CCR drop 30% carabelle will see further rise in prices... potentially $3000psf.... I'm going to call my agent now... sell all my CCR units and go buy carabelle...
    now you are talking.

i think its silly to assume hot money flow into singapore is mainly to buy properties....
    why not singapore stocks?

so far, those who bought last month are mainly locals so i think foreign investors are still staying away... with all the recent cooling measures....

on a broader picture.... you can see HK housing prices are already on its way down... so their measures are showing effect....
    will SG follow???

You picking stocks today?

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    i think its silly to assume hot money flow into singapore is mainly to buy properties....

so far, those who bought last month are mainly locals so i think foreign investors are still staying away... with all the recent cooling measures....

on a broader picture.... you can see HK housing prices are already on its way down... so their measures are showing effect....
    will SG follow???

i dont trade on Friday...
    but i was glad to see my Green Mobile XD and still above water from last week.

I really pity many of the investors in properties. they never read newspapers. they never do a serious analysis of economic outlooks. US is tanking, Euro zone is tanking, China is having a hard landing. But these morons just keep on buying properties. the whole world is falling apart. the economic order as we know it will soon end, replaced by something totally unknown. but singaporeans keep on buying properties in these situations, from developers in particualr. Now they are losing their shirts when the market corrects.

ignorance is not bliss, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver

will SG follow???

Was told there there are indeed plenty of hot money coming into Singapore property sectors to scope up private properties and even landed for redevelopment (through proxy or company).

I really pity many of the investors in properties. they never read newspapers. they never do a serious analysis of economic outlooks. US is tanking, Euro zone is tanking, China is having a hard landing. But these morons just keep on buying properties. the whole world is falling apart. the economic order as we know it will soon end, replaced by something totally unknown. but singaporeans keep on buying properties in these situations, from developers in particualr. Now they are losing their shirts when the market corrects.

what do you do with all the cash then? hmm....
    doing nothing with the hot money will shrink its value...

over last 2 days, 3 banks called me to offer me cash at 5% pa...
    of course i reject... and guess what, from 5%, go down to 2.88%pa...
    really a big problem for banks now? too much cash....

i'm no economic expert, just thinking logically... but of course not all properties are created equal... buying from developers has its pros and cons.. although i tend to agree, its somewhat quite costly now for the new launches...

Hot money flowing in doesnt mean actual $, it could be institutional who buy Sgd and sell USD, just like commodities, you don't get the physical asset from the trade, is a futures index...bank has more liquidity is because fund manager decide to hold on to cash rather than other type of investment.

So you rather put money in bank?
    If you got money, it is good to buy something tangible like property.
    It may drop but if you got holding power, you can hold on to it.
    Property is a win win situation if you don't have to borrow to the hilt.

Quote Originally Posted by joelx
    Hot money flowing in doesnt mean actual $, it could be institutional who buy Sgd and sell USD, just like commodities, you don't get the physical asset from the trade, is a futures index...bank has more liquidity is because fund manager decide to hold on to cash rather than other type of investment.
    after buying Sgd, then do what? if accordingly to SIBOR, its negative, means the institutions need to pay banks money to hold their SGD ca$h?

maybe not too bad, assuming $SGD appreciate faster than $USD, then maybe leaving the ca$h in bank make sense, if nett nett still make money after converting back to $USD....