Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: condo face pool got higher value??

Default condo face pool got higher value??

why people proudly like to advertise as pool facing ...if u ask me face pool is noisy what is advantage maybe sometime can see some nice asses...other than that....

yes, generally developer will sell pool view at higher pricing.

of cos for own stay it is up to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    why people proudly like to advertise as pool facing ...if u ask me face pool is noisy what is advantage maybe sometime can see some nice asses...other than that....
    Personally, If u have a pool facing view, it makes u feel u are in a condo unit. Nowadays, a lot of HDB units are done up as nice if not nicer than a condo.

I agree on the noise especially on weekends but it's not all the time.

It is kinda cool having the blue of the pool outside ur windows.

Just my 2 cents.

Pool view better than no views...

Of course face pool units are priced higher as they are in higher demand. Whether u want it or not are secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunk
    Personally, If u have a pool facing view, it makes u feel u are in a condo unit. Nowadays, a lot of HDB units are done up as nice if not nicer than a condo.

I agree on the noise especially on weekends but it's not all the time.

Just my 2 cents.
    Those older condos with deep deep pools are much quieter because kids can't play in them.

Civilizations are usually located near water sources because humans need plenty of water for survival and economic reasons. Our brain is wired to feel more peaceful when we see or hear gently flowing water nearby. People (including me) will naturally pay more for water view, provided there are no noisy kids screaming or shouting in the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Civilizations are usually located near water sources because humans need plenty of water for survival and economic reasons. Our brain is wired to feel more peaceful when we see or hear gently flowing water nearby. People (including me) will naturally pay more for water view, provi
    ded there are no noisy kids screaming or shouting in the pool.
    Water view with kids screaming and shouting during the weekend can be very annoying when u need a good rest at the end of the week.Of course pool view is better than no view.

there r usually diff pools within the condo. aim for lap pools - fr my exp they r much quieter compared to family pools or fun pools.

It really depends on the configuration of the development and orientation. Unblock sea view can be better than a pool view. Pool view with units opposite you may not be a good view.

Pool view with kids pool beside or in front, just close the windows. If unbearable, just play some soft music.

Always better than expressway or road noise.

Lap pool can be noisy also when young adults play with one another inside. Some were seen eating fish balls there especially by tenants. Oh, some maids do have their share of fun there together and u know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunk
    Personally, If u have a pool facing view, it makes u feel u are in a condo unit.

Agree, pool view better than no view especially at night but high floor units pool view becomes pond view

Kids appear between 5~7pm when the sun is not blazing. Still bearable compared to expressway & train noise.

If you live in the sail, nobody wants to face the ugly pool when they can face the bay or the sea. If no better alternative views outside, the pool view will be better. developer for hillington green built all units to be inward facing to enjoy the pool view coz there are no nice exterior views to talk about for that katek development

Duplicate posting

So it is.....

Sea view better than pool view

Pool view better than no view

No view better than rubbish bin view

Wahaha.....

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    So it is.....

Sea view better than pool view

Pool view better than no view

No view better than rubbish bin view

Wahaha.....
    any view better than neighbour view

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Pool view is an advantage only for exclusive condos where there are limited number of units in the estate and unlikely to have many kids playing in the pool at any time. So won't be noisy at all as suggested. Pool view got advantage in that can check whether pool occupied or not before going down for a quiet and exclusive swim with no other users (again, possible only for exclusive condos). Also, for city-located condo, pool view is more relaxing, cooling, and ensure that your facing will not be blocked by a neighbouring new condo estate built in the future (e.g. from enbloc and become even taller). I will choose pool view any time and pay a premium for it if given the choice (the other choice is high floor, no west sun).

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Those older condos with deep deep pools are much quieter because kids can't play in them.
    yup those without jacuzzi water slides etc etc,,,

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Pool view with kids pool beside or in front, just close the windows. If unbearable, just play some soft music.

Always better than expressway or road noise.

Lap pool can be noisy also when young adults play with one another inside. Some were seen eating fish balls there especially by tenants. Oh, some maids do have their share of fun there together and u know what to expect.
    yup some condos people behave worse than zoo animals its worse when security guard also bo chup....

Totally agreed, neighbours and rubbish bin view worse.
    Sea view then either pool view or greenery view.
    St patr residence have some balcony facing wall

Quote Originally Posted by Komo

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Totally agreed, neighbours and rubbish bin view worse.
    Sea view then either pool view or greenery view.
    St patr residence have some balcony facing wall
    IMHO, pool views for mid to high floor seem wasting $$$ unless it's couple with other views. In particular, I have the following preferences when viewing units with the following view ranking...

For high floor: Sea/lake view, city view, hill view, pool view
    For mid floor: Sea/lake view, hill view, pool view
    For low floor: Pool view, green view.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

neighbour view still better than highway, rubbish bin, main entrance view

city view is the best....marina bay view...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    city view is the best....marina bay view...
    Agree that city view/marina bay view are the best. I found that usually the "sea view" is "decorated" by many containers anchored in the middle of the sea

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    Agree that city view/marina bay view are the best. I found that usually the "sea view" is "decorated" by many containers anchored in the middle of the sea
    fr near or far, side, center, , city view is the best

fr near or far, side, center, , city view is the best
    For those living in the East, city view also means setting sun view.

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    there r usually diff pools within the condo. aim for lap pools - fr my exp they r much quieter compared to family pools or fun pools.
    agreed... facing lap pool is very soothing with nice night view

Not if your neighbours happen to be two shapely angmohs who like to wear bikini (or is it underwear?) to sleep. Too bad... that unit is 3 storeys above the pool and you have to be sitting at the pool's bench to enjoy the view at night.. *droool*

neighbour view still better than highway, rubbish bin, main entrance view
    If you can see your neighbour, that means your neighbour can see you too.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    If you can see your neighbour, that means your neighbour can see you too.
    pool view often accompanied by so-called neighbour view as many condos have units facing inwards toward the pool. unless they are tower blocks n there are wide gaps between the blocks to afford u nice views.

btw u can put sun-reflective films on your windows so that u can look out n others can't look in (unless they are less than 1m from ur window, i.e. floating in mid-air if u stay 2nd floor n up)

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    pool view often accompanied by so-called neighbour view as many condos have units facing inwards toward the pool. unless they are tower blocks n there are wide gaps between the blocks to afford u nice views.

btw u can put sun-reflective films on your windows so that u can look out n others can't look in (unless they are less than 1m from ur window, i.e. floating in mid-air if u stay 2nd floor n up)
    I find such films work in the reverse at night. It is reflective on the side where the light is brighter. At night, people can look into your apt but you cannot look out.