Thread: Would you pay the premium for a semi-D rather than corner terrace?

Default Would you pay the premium for a semi-D rather than corner terrace?

Hi everyone,

First time posting. Great Forum!

Wanna ask whether you guys would gladly pay the premium for a semi-detached house over a corner terrace? If you're not fussy about being in a semi-D estate versus a terrace estate, the house configuration is the same for both. And redevelopment guidelines like setback etc are same for both. Furthermore, there are many more terrace house estates that allow 3 storeys compared to semi-D estates.

So its really a snob appeal thing to buy semi-D.... or do you guys think otherwise?

one thing to note if you are going to reconstruct. I think a semi-D will look better from the outside after reconstruction

u can make them fat but dun make them tall..

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    one thing to note if you are going to reconstruct. I think a semi-D will look better from the outside after reconstruction
    And i tink most terrace hse oredi build close to max....cant really reconstruct

Whereas can find many small semi d n detached with big land and small built up

Yup... At least it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Then again if you don't mind being the odd one out in the neighbourhood, hey, you can revel in having the boasting rights in the precinct if its nicely done

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    And i tink most terrace hse oredi build close to max....cant really reconstruct

Whereas can find many small semi d n detached with big land and small built up

If you rebuild, you can really build a lot for corner terraces. Not the same for inter-terraces where you can't expand to the side. And i like that corner terraces have 3 faces that let in light.

Go for semi-D for long-term potential.

Because semi-D more exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by bricksnmortar
    If you rebuild, you can really build a lot for corner terraces. Not the same for inter-terraces where you can't expand to the side. And i like that corner terraces have 3 faces that let in light.
    got money go for detached best liao...hehe

Btw, detached hse increased the most in price so far...whereas semi d nterraces abt the same rate of px increase....i read it smwhr

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Go for semi-D for long-term potential.
    Agree, my observation is there is little or no premium for most estates. Personally, will go for semi-d..and willing to pay only a premium of 5digit$ if all between the 2 is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bricksnmortar
    Because semi-D more exclusive?
    Lane with only semi-d normally has less houses than lane with terrace houses...., given if both lane is of same distance...., so less neighbors and traffic, making it more exclusive ...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Agree, my observation is there is little or no premium for most estates. Personally, will go for semi-d..and willing to pay only a premium of 5digit$ if all between the 2 is the same.
    I'm mistaken then... Always thought that semi-Ds were priced at a premium. Probably cos they are in higher end estates with better location and feels nicer with only semi-Ds. Maybe what you're referring to is semi-Ds in a mixed landed estate?

confirm is go for semi-d....

and only buy semi-d where the whole estate only have detached and semis...

terrace area is very congested, especially if you wan nice location... so many cars parked everywhere on weekends....